The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Whose Tim Cosing?

2013 posts / 0 new
Last post
Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

It might be worth pointing out that that short comic strip featuring flavour chips mentions specifically that the Wraith is monitoring Megalopolis with three mega-computers. Which would have led to that clue, had it not been discovered by accident.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

I feel like the first few battles can be replicated in game, while the latter ones contain characters not available. Possibly transforming Nightmist into Mistbound while fighting with DW members and the Scholar.

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

At least using three mega computers in Rook City had no affect. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I think this might be a bit of a rabbit hole. Mega Computer three times in Megalopolis is called out in bold in the comic :P

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

And it mentions the video game.

Can't check in so much today. Can someone PM me when discovers are found? Thanks!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

The colors of the screens I believe are important in some way right? Thats my feeling.

How do we intervene here?

mackcrockett

harbinger! The colors of the screens correspond to page numbers, those numbers in the flavor text are letters. Formofthe....

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/harbinger

EDIT: the issue barcode doesn't seem to be the next page

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

you just beet me to it

mackcrockett

now the question is whether that was the last page or if there's another clue we're missing...

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Wow, a huge bonanza of story goodness!  Thrilling to follow.  Thanks to everyone who worked hard to figure it out.

The comic pages look amazing.  Poor Legacy got a serious beating.  :(  Also, in the mega computer page, Wraith looks so much more like herself than a generic female face.  (As Adam had been refining his style, I felt like some of the original quirky characteristics of her face were lost, but they are shown really clearly here, particularly in the shape of her eyes.  Plus: look, Silverleaf!  Shoulder straps!  :D)

So it looks like what most people had surmised is true: Progeny is just a harbinger of worse things to come, and whatever it ultimately serves will probably be the Big Bad for the final expansion.  Being European, I don't have my copy of Villains of the Multiverse yet, but I am still very excited to see where all this is going.  Any and all news about the final expansion is welcome.

CodieH
CodieH's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

Could you explain in more detail how you got to Harbinger? I'm at a loss

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

Each screen had a color, that corisponds to a page number in the villains rulebook

Based upon the flavor text of each matching card, we grabed a letter a number of characters in equal to the page number

Together forming the sequence "formofthe" which since this ARG is about progeny, is most of the name of the form of the harbinger card

Powerhound_2000

A page I'm surprised that doesn't work is http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/reckoning

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

fun fact, the barcode is the previous bar code reversed

Comrade Bubbles

Does reversing the number sequence produce anything when paired with the previous cipher? As I'm in the EU, I can't really do anything other than ask questions :P

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

kitmehsu wrote:

Each screen had a color, that corisponds to a page number in the villains rulebookBased upon the flavor text of each matching card, we grabed a letter a number of characters in equal to the page numberTogether forming the sequence "formofthe" which since this ARG is about progeny, is most of the name of the form of the harbinger card 

*blinks furiously*

I'm seriously outclassed in this forum.

That's crazy good stuff out of you.

mackcrockett

What Kitmehsu said, sorry if I wasn't as clear in the first post, I was a little pumped about having gotten it at all (been rolling it around since I got up.) 

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

So is that the end of the bread crumb line right now since the barcode for Harbinger didn't lead anywhere?

Powerhound_2000

At the moment it would seem.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Wow...this is most probably the longest thread that's ever popped up in my less-than-a-day absence from a forum :O.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I think it may be worth pointing out this dialoge from the Bunker-Wriath comic:

"Look at the screens"

"Which one"

"All of them. Start at the top, left to right. It's all there"

The harbinger comic is also Freedom Five 767. Is there any cards with flavor text from there?

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Powerhound_2000

Beginning of the End from Progeny's deck

benjamin.t.macf...

VisforYoshi wrote:

The harbinger comic is also Freedom Five 767. Is there any cards with flavor text from there?

It's referenced on Progeny's card "Beginning of the End." But it looks like we're past that in the storyline at this point.

Here's the flavor text: "We're too late. It's already in Megalopolis. And I don't think we can stop it." -The Wraith, Freedom Five #767

CodieH
CodieH's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

A timeline that RySmith6 and I made up only has 5 cards from Progeny that span this point in time in the comics: Scion of Blight, Obvious Futility, Hour of Reckoning, Scion of Frost, and Beginning of the end.

If we're talking about the FFannual

its: Progeny:Elemental Outburst, Scion of the Storm, Time Of Tribulations; Parse:Reveal the Flaws; KNYFE: Overdo It

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

morph147

after reading the new page of the comic I wonder if Hit and Run has anything to do with it. I feel like there is another page at least, maybe leading towards the reveal of the next expansion?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Man, it was just me and good old CornCakes in here when I went to bed last night.

Excellent work by all here!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Did we get anything out of the word "intervene" or its font?

Seems like a rather odd choice of word to not be a clue to something. 

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Match the colors of the word intervene to the page numbers in villains and see if that gets us something.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Comrade Bubbles

Donner wrote:

Match the colors of the word intervene to the page numbers in villains and see if that gets us something.

Using the number string from the "Harbinger" comic barcode?

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

The page numbers in villains all have their own colors.  So map the color of each letter in intervene to the page number, record the 9 numbers and see if it matches anything or if it is its own page.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

MrLeRobot
MrLeRobot's picture
Playtester

Donner wrote:

The page numbers in villains all have their own colors.  So map the color of each letter in intervene to the page number, record the 9 numbers and see if it matches anything or if it is its own page.

If I see the colors right...:

1=Yellow

2=Blue

3=Pink

4=Orange

5=Red

6=Brown

7=Grey

8=White

9=Green

MrLeRobot...

Comrade Bubbles

Donner wrote:

Gladly. When it arrives from French customs :P

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

This may be too off track, but relevant. Has anyone looked at the Wrath of the Cosmos rule book, just in case? It would make sense, as much of the story thus far has been Progeny/coming destruction related. 

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

Tindiyen

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/982354617

I didn't see this page actually linked anywhere in the conversation. Not really a lead since we clearly know where it leads.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

bessyrocks12 wrote:

This may be too off track, but relevant. Has anyone looked at the Wrath of the Cosmos rule book, just in case? It would make sense, as much of the story thus far has been Progeny/coming destruction related. 

Wrath of the Cosmos only has a four-page character supplement.  The pages are all the same colour.

Gordo1981

So is the title of this thread a clue? There is confusion in my mind between Who is? and Whose?

The first is asking who sis this person....

The second and the title of this thread leads me to believe that Tim Cosing is someone's something. I don't know much but could Tim Cosing be a title across multiple universes, and the owner of this tim cosing coudls lead to different outcomes for the multiverse?

Now to get into my crackpot theory!: Isn't the silver surfer the heald of some big bad guy, I think I only watched a terrible action flick about that guy, Could Tim Cosing be the big bad's herald, and in multiple universes there are different ones and we have to figure out which one to fight or in which order?

Could it be that the big bad (I'll call it Bob for ease) could have mutiple villain decks in the final expansion and we are trying to defeat each of them, perhaps the order in which you do so grants extra powers against subsequent ones? For example you choose to go after Bob "The Destroyer of worlds" first but since he is defeated Bob "Nightmare's Muse" gets +1 psychic damage anytime players a player has more than 3 ongoings played in front of her? Then if you go on to fight Bob "The Clown God" you have the previous handicap + At the End of villain's turn Destroy one ongoing.  With multiples of the same villain it leads to a campaign play (legacy game which seems to be a new hot topic) and players have to organize to decide the best way to defeat all the forms of the big bad to save the multiverse?

Or is it a simple gramatical mistake (or I am wrong and it isn't) and I am reading too much into this.

I am not very good at this crackpot theory stuff. Good work all you guys!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Whaaaaaat the heck just happened? My normal lunchtime visit to the forum just got seriously derailed.

I also wonder if the nine-letter phrase "hit and run" from the most recently found comic go somewhere. They don't work in the URL.

And did anybody figure out what the string of numbers in the html comment mapped to?

I wasn't thrilled about going to work this morning, but now I REALLY want to go home!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Gordo1981 wrote:

So is the title of this thread a clue? There is confusion in my mind between Who is? and Whose? The first is asking who sis this person....The second and the title of this thread leads me to believe that Tim Cosing is someone's something.

Well, there is one place in the rule book where we've seen the name Tim Cosing listed several times on connection with other names...so whose Tim is the important one?
Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Gordo1981 wrote:

it leads to a campaign play (legacy game which seems to be a new hot topic) and players have to organize to decide the best way to defeat all the forms of the big bad to save the multiverse?

"Whose" and "who is" seems like a simple spelling mistake.

However, I think you might be on to something with the bit I quoted above.  We've been told that the final expansion will give us a new way to play the game.  Perhaps this is it: campaign mode.  It's even somewhat implied by the story we've just read of multiple hero teams needing to fight Progeny in various locations to achieve even a temporary victory.

Tindiyen

Personally I do not think we have drilled down the nines of the multiverse nearly enough.  I am thinking we are discussing some type of tribunal of 9.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Tindiyen wrote:

Personally I do not think we have drilled down the nines of the multiverse nearly enough.  I am thinking we are discussing some type of tribunal of 9.

I talk about "The Host" in one of my Footnotes threads on Apostate. The Host, if you recall, is the group affiliation of Apostate. It is also a reference to the heirarchy of angels in heaven. A type of "tribunal" within the Host would make a lot of sense given the reference.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

How many damage types are there?

How many heroes are not yet involved in the Progeny battle?

Is the Ennead involved?

I guess I should end my lunch now...

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Trajector wrote:

How many damage types are there?

Is the Ennead involved?

I guess I should end my lunch now...

Technically as many types as you can think of, since some cards change damage to a type of your choice and don't specify that it needs to be one of the existing types. It's a lot of fun to do fluffy bunny damage, and I'm very fond of sarcasm damage myself.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Reverend Pete

arenson9 wrote:

Jan 25, 10:21pm:Replacing 'replaceme' with 'itscoming' works: http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/itscoming?_ga=1.131... is a page with the following line repeated nine times: "the worst part between what you see and what actually is, the only truth now. You shall not feel my bones The protection of the most awful future Indeed...You are not real."

Replacing "itscoming" with the nine letter word "beginning" in the URL gets you to the same place, FYI.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

also, I'm not sure about where this is, but the background of form of the harbinger card has a W 1-9 and based upon the flavor text, it may be where proginey first emergie

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

MrLeRobot wrote:

Donner wrote:

679142171If I see the colors right...:1=Yellow2=Blue3=Pink4=Orange5=Red6=Brown7=Grey8=White9=Green

Has anyone tried this number code yet? For reasons I can't do it myself just yet.

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

MrLeRobot wrote:
 Donner wrote:

679142171If I see the colors right...:1=Yellow2=Blue3=Pink4=Orange5=Red6=Brown7=Grey8=White9=Green

Has anyone tried this number code yet? For reasons I can't do it myself just yet.

No dice.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Nine is clearly significant, and hasn't really shown up in the story so far. I'm sure we're still missing things. Maybe there are nine hidden pages, for instance? Has anyone check the source of these pages?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

kitmehsu wrote:

also, I'm not sure about where this is, but the background of form of the harbinger card has a W 1-9

You're right!!! I've wondered why that "W 1-9" was there since the art came out. I should have known it wasn't random!

Could this be our next clue?

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Progeny definitely has something to do with threes or multiples of three. His symbol is prominently based on triangular divisions of circles.

Pages