The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Whose Tim Cosing?

2013 posts / 0 new
Last post
Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Do the fonts for the characters in intervene match up with anyone's fonts for their names?

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

Progeny definitely has something to do with threes or multiples of three. His symbol is prominently based on triangular divisions of circles.

Anybody examine KNYFE's deck closely lately? She's Progeny's nemesis. 

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Foote wrote:

kitmehsu wrote:
also, I'm not sure about where this is, but the background of form of the harbinger card has a W 1-9

You're right!!! I've wondered why that "W 1-9" was there since the art came out. I should have known it wasn't random!Could this be our next clue?

Isn't the W 1-9 on the side of the wagner mars base? Or on the side of the Biosphere or whatever?  I always assumed that the card art for that card took place at Wagner Mars Base.

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

Probably not meaningful, but the colors behind the page numbers match the background colors of the Villain Bio boxes:

1 Biomancer
2 Miss Info
3 La Cap
4 Citizens
5 Greazer
6 Bugbear
7 Ambuscade
8 Operative
9 Plague Rat
(Sgt Steel's color is not matched to a page number.)

I've tried various methods of looking at the Villain Character Cards and Bios in the order listed and haven't found anything meaningful.  Maybe one of the scarily smart code-breakers here can see something I didn't.

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Donner wrote:

Do the fonts for the characters in intervene match up with anyone's fonts for their names?

I think we have squeezed all the juice out of "intervene" we are gonna get. It's the colors of the letters that led us to Harbinger.

I think our best best is the "W1-9" on the Form of the Harbinger card art. That seems really intentional.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Foote wrote:

Donner wrote:

I think we have squeezed all the juice out of "intervene" we are gonna get. It's the colors of the letters that led us to Harbinger.I think our best best is the "W1-9" on the Form of the Harbinger card art. That seems really intentional.

I thought that was the colors of the screens...

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Yeah, just checked, W 1-9 IS what's on the side of the Biosphere for Wagner Mars Base.

What's interesting is neither the genocidal page nor the harbinger page mention the heroes fighting him at WMB before he does his explodey thing and presumably goes to fetch his daddy, Mr. Progenitor.

So is that image actually from when he comes back for more?

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

In the first paragraph of the harbinger comic, If you look at the first letter of each line, it spells out Base Eight. Does that mean something to anyone?

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Gordo1981

Wow I am not very good at these crackpot theories but here is my thoughts because I cannot find what I though I submitted...

The title of this thread is not who is Tim Cosing is it Whose Tim Cosing. As such I think that it refers to the nautre of the final expansion and the final big bad. I think many would wonder how one big bad fills an entire expansion? I think this title of the thread is a clue to the nature of the expansion. The same big bad exists in many of the universes that form the multiverse and each of them have a Tim Cosing (like the silver Surfer being the Herald of something of some vague bad guy in a crappy action movie from a few years ago). The expansion will be multiple villain decks representing each of the final big bads from each of the universes in the multiverse and they are competing to end it all. As the Sentinels we will be trying to defeat each of them but in doing so each one we beat leads to bonuses for the next ones. The Meta puzzle leads to a campaign or legacy like game play with the outcomes of previous games carried forward. If you beat BOB :Destoyer of worlds" it might mean that Bob "Soul harvester" gets +1 psychic damage if a player has more than three ongoings in from of him/her. IF Four other Bobs are defeated Bob"Who wears spikey crowns" Might have multiple bonuses against you as a team. The meta puzzle of the order to go in and teams to use becomes interesting-er!

Yep not much of a crazy crackpot theorist sorry.

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

convert the barcode to octal and see if that works

arg, back to (wifi-blocked) workplace

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

DerpTheBugbear wrote:

Yeah, just checked, W 1-9 IS what's on the side of the Biosphere for Wagner Mars Base. What's interesting is neither the genocidal page nor the harbinger page mention the heroes fighting him at WMB before he does his explodey thing and presumably goes to fetch his daddy, Mr. Progenitor. So is that image actually from when he comes back for more?

You are right. When would they fight on WMB? Unless they chase his head after it pops off his body into space right? Continuing the story from the Harbinger comic?

Maybe we should hit the MegaComputer up with some games in WMB and see what happens?

waedens
Playtester

You guys are way out of my league, but just wanted to say that watching this unfold is lots of fun. 

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

The octal numeral system, or oct for short, is the base-8 number system, and uses the digits 0 to 7. Octal numerals can be made from binary numerals by grouping consecutive binary digits into groups of three (starting from the right).

Didn't someone just say that Progeny seems to have a conenction with multiples of 3?

Anyone a math wiz here?

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I think there are 9 pages and each is unlocked by a word using the first 9 letters of the alphabet:

A

Beginning

C

D

E

F

Genocidal

Harbinger 

Itscoming

morph147

Foote wrote:

DerpTheBugbear wrote:
Yeah, just checked, W 1-9 IS what's on the side of the Biosphere for Wagner Mars Base. What's interesting is neither the genocidal page nor the harbinger page mention the heroes fighting him at WMB before he does his explodey thing and presumably goes to fetch his daddy, Mr. Progenitor. So is that image actually from when he comes back for more?

You are right. When would they fight on WMB? Unless they chase his head after it pops off his body into space right? Continuing the story from the Harbinger comic?Maybe we should hit the MegaComputer up with some games in WMB and see what happens?

Just wanted to throw it out there if the number 9 is important then there is very could easily be 9 comic pages. As far as I see it we may have found 2 or 3 depending on if you count the the 2 story pages as important or also count the bunker/wrath page as well.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

morph147

Foote wrote:

The octal numeral system, or oct for short, is the base-8 number system, and uses the digits 0 to 7. Octal numerals can be made from binary numerals by grouping consecutive binary digits into groups of three (starting from the right). Didn't someone just say that Progeny seems to have a conenction with multiples of 3?Anyone a math wiz here?

yes I am what do you need calculated exactly ? or what number do we want figured up

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Trajector
Trajector's picture

/biosphere and /wagner-15 don't work in the URL...

Trajector
Trajector's picture

morph147 wrote:

Foote wrote:

The octal numeral system, or oct for short, is the base-8 number system, and uses the digits 0 to 7. Octal numerals can be made from binary numerals by grouping consecutive binary digits into groups of three (starting from the right). Didn't someone just say that Progeny seems to have a conenction with multiples of 3?Anyone a math wiz here?

yes I am what do you need calculated exactly ? or what number do we want figured up

The numbers from the html comment and from the bar codes!
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

waedens wrote:

You guys are way out of my league, but just wanted to say that watching this unfold is lots of fun. 

Completely agree -- having a great time being along for the ride on this one. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Whose Tim Cosing

W T C?

Wrath of The Cosmos?

Wait, cosmos... let's expand the "timcosing" anagram to include "whose"?  You can spell cosmos now, at least...

Anagram:

whosetimcosing

(not worrying about word order yet)

Cosmos Eight Win 

Cosmos In Weight

I Wing The Cosmos  (? lol)

Cosmos In The Wig  (is there a multiverse in Trump's hair?!  This MUST be the clue!)

Tindiyen

The  Harbinger Bar code in Base 8  is 5255032651 It does not do anything in the URL.

So isn't the whole question "Whose time is closing?"    Does that leave an interprettation for E IS L?  

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

jagarciao wrote:

I think there are 9 pages and each is unlocked by a word using the first 9 letters of the alphabet:

Beginning

Genocidal

Harbinger 

Itscoming 

Except "Beginning" and "Itscoming" leads to the same page, no?

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

DerpTheBugbear wrote:

jagarciao wrote:
I think there are 9 pages and each is unlocked by a word using the first 9 letters of the alphabet:...Beginning...GenocidalHarbinger Itscoming 

Except "Beginning" and "Itscoming" leads to the same page, no?

Maybe the "I" is Intervene.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Foote wrote:

DerpTheBugbear wrote:

You are right. When would they fight on WMB? Unless they chase his head after it pops off his body into space right? Continuing the story from the Harbinger comic?Maybe we should hit the MegaComputer up with some games in WMB and see what happens?

Tried this in the game and nothing happened.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

W1-9

W-8

Weight?

Wait?

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I keep seeing "ARG" in this thread. What is that?

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

I think that base eight may be refering to a part of wagner, which means that his head may not have completely fled at this point in the story.

Powerhound_2000

grysqrl wrote:

I keep seeing "ARG" in this thread. What is that?

Alternate Reality Game

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

DerpTheBugbear wrote:

Anagram:

whosetimcosing

(not worrying about word order yet)

Cosmos Eight Win 

Win eight times in a row at Wagner Mars Base in the video game?

It's a long shot, and not likely... and I sure as heck don't have time to test it, lol.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

kitmehsu wrote:

I think that base eight may be refering to a part of wagner, which means that his head may not have completely fled at this point in the story.

It's possible.

I had a thought!

Anyone know the numbers on the self destruct counter? Maybe we convert that to base 8 or use it in a url?

DerpTheBugbear
DerpTheBugbear's picture

Foote wrote:

It's possible.I had a thought!Anyone know the numbers on the self destruct counter? Maybe we convert that to base 8 or use it in a url?

02:53:66:73

Powerhound_2000

Trajector
Trajector's picture

What are the numbers on the Self-Destruct Sequence?
Edit: ninja'd!
Edit edit: in octal, that's 2 43 54 59, or, as one number, 703931.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Looks like Base 8 to me!

Convert 02536673 to decimal from base 8 (or possibly 37663520) and maybe use that as the URL

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Foote: above!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Do any of the iterations of this number work in the url?

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

703931 - Self-Destruct in base 10 from base 8.  Doesn't work.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

I think all the working urls are going to be 9 characters exatly

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

kitmehsu wrote:

I think all the working urls are going to be 9 characters exatly

I agree with this.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

02:53:66:73 backwards is 37663520. Convert that from decimal to base 8 and you get:

that has 9 letters. someone try this for me

Powerhound_2000

Did not work 

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

its a dud

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Foote wrote:

02:53:66:73 backwards is 37663520. Convert that from decimal to base 8 and you get: 217531440that has 9 letters. someone try this for me

What exactly are the units of this countdown? 73 and 66 probably aren't seconds, unless these guys are using decimal time.

Powerhound_2000

Of note I've been trying various synonyms tied to words like scion, anomaly, and reckoning that are nine letters.  While most haven't worked when I tried http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/deviation is the only one where I got redirected to a dnssearch page from my ISP

GeorgeDubya

I'm going to look through my Freedom 5 and Progeny decks.

Reading that comic page, it sounds like some pretty specific abilities are being used. If we can figure out which cards are being referred to, maybe the bar code's numbers will be meaningful.

cokeandsympathy

If we assume that the appearance of Tim in the playtester sequence is important, and we look at the letters of the playtesters he appears between we could extrapolate that there are nine words to use for 'replaceme':

Beginning (itscoming)

B

C

Genocidal

G

Harbinger

K

R

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

The first paragraph of the Harbinger spelling out "Base Eight" screams intentional. Theres no way thats a fluke coincidence. The W1-9 being on Harbingers art and in Wagner Mars Base might be related and seems like a solid clue.

I thought we were on to something with those number conversions, but maybe we just havn't found the right conversion yet? I'm convinced at this moment we are on the right track here.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

grysqrl wrote:

Foote wrote:
02:53:66:73 backwards is 37663520. Convert that from decimal to base 8 and you get: 217531440that has 9 letters. someone try this for me

What exactly are the units of this countdown? 73 and 66 probably aren't seconds, unless these guys are using decimal time.

This is a good point. I have no idea what the numbers on the countdown mean...

dorktron2000

I always thought the countdown was strange because it didn't follow the typical HH:MM:SS format. Not sure if it is important here though or not.

Edit: I guess it could be DD:HH:MM:SS. *shrug*

Pages