The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Whose Tim Cosing?

2013 posts / 0 new
Last post
RySmith6
RySmith6's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

VisforYoshi wrote:

What if one of the potential flavor texts is from one of the La Capitan's deck? After all, the comment from MigrantP that the "124185" points to mentions Spain. Or is that a Red Herring?

I think it's more to do with the time zone issue than the location, as i didn't find anything in the capitan flavor text, but I didn't look at the art...

"But dice are dice, and Dice are Fickle"

Internet Pseudonyms: PseudonymTwitch, PseudonymTweetr, PseudonymGamer

Tindiyen

VisforYoshi wrote:

What if one of the potential flavor texts is from one of the La Capitan's deck? After all, the comment from MigrantP that the "124185" points to mentions Spain. Or is that a Red Herring?

I was heading down a road of La Capitan as well.  Somehow that just feels right

Chrological Hotspot flavor text "Augh! This pain I can feel my bones tearing me apart!"

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

Tim Cosing -> Its Coming

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

I have wondered whether the pictures of the heroes and villains on the back of the "Villains" book have any relevence. Dark Visionary also keeps tripping something over the darkest timeline concept. We are missing something...

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

The villains shown are nemesi of the heroes just below them.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

Long day and grasping at straws. Never knowing what is a clue and what is a false lead. 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Before I go,a recap:

?:

• Tim Cosing GTG account created with the email address

Dec 22:

Dec 31:

• First post on forums that Villains had been received by a customer.
  • TimCosing Tweeted: It's landed

Jan 25, 6:54am

Jan 25, 11:32am

• Tim Cosing posted, in reference to art found in the VotM rulebook: Is that all you found in the rulebook?

Jan 25, 11:39am

• Tim Cosing posted, in reference to Kratos13's posting: "Someone skipped ahead"

Jan 25, ~11:50am

• TimCosing Tweeted: Too quick, K

Jan 25, ~3pm

• TimCosing Tweeted: You.
  •                                 Find me.

Jan 25, 3:13pm:

• CornCakes account created
  • CornCakes is listed as being from Anchorage (as is Scholar, speculated as a likely nemesis of the final expansions' Big Bad).

Jan 25, 3:21pm:

• CornCakes started this thread, commenting that Tim Cosing showed up 20 times as a playtester.

Jan 25, 5:50pm:

• Solved the TimCosing anagram: It's Coming

Jan 25, 8:36pm:

• There are nine instances of Tim Cosing in the playtesters section of the VotM rulebook, between the following pairs of names:
  • Blankstein -- Blick
  • Blick -- Blount
  • Burton -- Cabibi
  • Crow -- Dade
  • Garrett -- Gillingham
  • Gottesman -- Graham
  • Hansen -- Haulk
  • Kramer -- Kramp
  • Rabinowitz -- Rawcliffe

Jan 25, 9:33pm:

• QR code in rulebook also redirects to .../replaceme...

Jan 25, 10:21pm:

Jan 25, 10:50pm:

• After the fifth word of the fifth line of the .../itscoming URL, there is the following number embedded as a comment: 124185

Jan 25, ~11:15pm:

• TimCosing tweeted: Replace me.
  • TimCosing tweeted: Flavor text.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Cosing now tweeted "123456789" 

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

New Tweet: 123456789

Edit: Late on the uptake.

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

What is going on?!?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Also, TimCosing is a playtester.

Also has 9 letters.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

My guess would be that "124185" are directions for unscrambling that line in some way.

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

9 pages in the manual. I think there still is something in here, but I am at a loss.

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

I dont have access to my rulebook right now and its KILLING ME

Tindiyen

On page one of the rulebook, look very carefully at the shadowing the the word sentinels.  Only certain letters are shadowed.  The shadowed letters spell NINES.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ooohhh and on the cover all are, and Sentinels is 9 letters, and replaceme, and vengeance.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Is there a way one of you guys can scan the rulebook and link a PDF here. It's bugging me that I don't have access to it right now

-Shigeru Miyamoto

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

Verified all of the playtesters, sans Tim Cosing, are on the official list for this expansion. No extra names that shouldn't be there.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pydro wrote:

Ooohhh and on the cover all are, and Sentinels is 9 letters, and replaceme, and vengeance.

And intervene and OMGawd I need to go to sleep ...

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

RySmith6
RySmith6's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

So, Tim Cosing being an anagram, maybe the insane ramblings are an amalgam of multiple flavor texts; therefore, pointing to something that may link them or be present(or absent) in all of them.

The closest I've found so far was Miss Information(VotM Deck), Endless Possibilities: "There are worlds of difference between what you see and what actually is, Maia"

This encompasses 

the worst part between what you see and what actually is, the only truth now. You shall not feel my bones The protection of the most awful future Indeed...You are not real.

So maybe the alternate Wraith on the art is meaningful. That would link to the Intervene hack of the Wraith's computer that helped kick off this whole nonsense.

New theory: Con(who has been known to have a time-manipulating device), reached back through the Mega Computer to try and forestall something horrible. 

"But dice are dice, and Dice are Fickle"

Internet Pseudonyms: PseudonymTwitch, PseudonymTweetr, PseudonymGamer

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Me too! Someone figure this out so I can sleep!

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

I'm leaving this currently to the night shift, I will check in after some sleep.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

What are the issue numbers on the flavor texts that match the repeated lines? 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

CornCakes is also 9 letters!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

RySmith6 wrote:

So, Tim Cosing being an anagram, maybe the insane ramblings are an amalgam of multiple flavor texts; therefore, pointing to something that may link them or be present(or absent) in all of them.The closest I've found so far was Miss Information(VotM Deck), Endless Possibilities: "There are worlds of difference between what you see and what actually is, Maia"This encompasses the worst part between what you see and what actually is, the only truth now. You shall not feel my bones The protection of the most awful future Indeed...You are not real.So maybe the alternate Wraith on the art is meaningful. That would link to the Intervene hack of the Wraith's computer that helped kick off this whole nonsense.New theory: Con(who has been known to have a time-manipulating device), reached back through the Mega Computer to try and forestall something horrible. 

If that's the case, maybe why 9 is so important here. 9 villains of the multiverse who have matching flavor text. because La capitan has the card chronological hotspot which has the flavor text "Augh! This pain... I can feel my bones tearing me apart!" If this is the case, that covers two of the nine villains. So we are at

"the worst part between what you see and what actually is, the only truth now. You shall not feel my bones The protection of the most awful future Indeed...You are not real."

This is issue #4, by the way. and the one from miss information is issue #680, so probably no correlation there

-Shigeru Miyamoto

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

timcosing, itscoming, replaceme, corncakes, and intervene all have nine letters. If you assign their letters the numbers 1 through 9, and then form a six-letter word by using the pattern 124185, you get:

timcosing: tictno

itscoming: itcino

replaceme: relrma

corncakes: concec

intervene: ineinr

I have tried all five of those as replacements for replaceme in the URL. They all lead to Page not found.

As noted, there are nine numbered pages in the rulebook. There are also ten sections of bio, one for each villain. I tried matching phrases from the 'itscoming' page to the various bios, hoping that I'd somehow find that there were nine sets of text that matched, and then I could try reordering the text according to the six digit pattern, but I couldn't match any of the text aside from unhelpfully small sets of words.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Everyone one of his tweets is also 9 letters (except for "Flavor Text").

EDIT: Feel like trying that again Andy with the tweets? Don't think those work either. :(

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Pydro wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Everyone one of his tweets is also 9 letters (except for "Flavor Text"). EDIT: Feel like trying that again Andy with the tweets? Don't think those work either. :(

There's also 7 tweets thus far, so does that mean we should be expecting 2 more in the future?

It's also probably worth pointing out that he has 9 followers

-Shigeru Miyamoto

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Flavor text sources for the /itscoming line. Of course, it's from nine different cards.

the worst part between what you see and what actually is, the only truth now. You shall not feel my bones The protection of the most awful future Indeed...You are not real.

1. Enclave of the Endlings - Gruum - "Gruum was very strong, yes. And Gruum was tough as well. La Capitan's crew couldn't even slow its charge. But the worst part was the constant yelling."
  2. Miss Information (VotM) - Endless Possibilities - "There are worlds of difference between what you see and what actually is, Maia"
  3. Realm of Discord – Negative Energy Field – “Everything burned. Moving hurt, but staying in one place was worse. No matter what happened, one thing was clear: pain was the only truth now.”
  4. Nightmist – Oblivion - "You shall not enter this world!"-Nightmist, Nightmist #22
  5. La Capitan – Chronological Hotspot – “Augh! This pain I can feel my bones tearing me apart!"
  6. The Naturalist – Indomitable Force – "The protection of innocence is the purest venture." The Naturalist, Cosmic Concurrence #7
  7. The Visionary – Demoralization – "Visions of the most awful future can be rather disheartening." -The Visionary, Mind Over Matter #43
  8. Apostate – Apocalypse - "Indeed…perish you shall!" -Apostate, Absolution #19
  9. Infinitor – Lambent Reaper - "You are not real. You can still hurt me. This is not what I wanted today." -Sky-Scraper, Cosmic Concurrence #23
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It also explains the grammar.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Congrats, grysqrl! You got a shout out in 9 letters!

EDIT: And TimCosing signed on recently!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

VisforYoshi wrote:

RySmith6 wrote:
So, Tim Cosing being an anagram, maybe the insane ramblings are an amalgam of multiple flavor texts; therefore, pointing to something that may link them or be present(or absent) in all of them.The closest I've found so far was Miss Information(VotM Deck), Endless Possibilities: "There are worlds of difference between what you see and what actually is, Maia"This encompasses the worst part between what you see and what actually is, the only truth now. You shall not feel my bones The protection of the most awful future Indeed...You are not real.So maybe the alternate Wraith on the art is meaningful. That would link to the Intervene hack of the Wraith's computer that helped kick off this whole nonsense.New theory: Con(who has been known to have a time-manipulating device), reached back through the Mega Computer to try and forestall something horrible. 

If that's the case, maybe why 9 is so important here. 9 villains of the multiverse who have matching flavor text. because La capitan has the card chronological hotspot which has the flavor text "Augh! This pain... I can feel my bones tearing me apart!" If this is the case, that covers two of the nine villains. So we are at"the worst part between what you see and what actually is, the only truth now. You shall not feel my bones The protection of the most awful future Indeed...You are not real."This is issue #4, by the way. and the one from miss information is issue #680, so probably no correlation there

Negative Energy Field - Realm of Discord - Pain was the only truth now.

Edit:  Ninja'd royally by Grysqrl!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Whew. Glad you figured those out, Brian. Tim Cosing seems to agree. 

Wait. Didn't I say I was going to bed? I mean it now!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Pydro wrote:

Congrats, grysqrl! You got a shout out in 9 letters! EDIT: And he signed on recently!

Which mean there's probably only one tweet left, if he's sticking with the number 9

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

And he currently has 9 followers!

CodieH
CodieH's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

And if you lay all nine of those cards out... the first letter of each spells "Genocidal" ... which if you replace "itscoming" with "genocidal" you get 

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/genocidal?_ga=1.55794475.1093693210.1453782404

You're welcome =)

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yay!

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*disco*

So, I know very little about QR codes. Is that string of numbers in Andy's links above potentially something important or do all QR codes have that?

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/replaceme?_ga=1.236341249.1202490120.1449812419 (manual)
http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/replaceme?_ga=1.163905983.1202490120.1449812419 (video game intervene screen)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thank you, everybody! I can go to bed now.

EDIT: That was fun!

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

Theres a nine number barcode on the comic - 982354617

EDIT: http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.greaterthangames.com/982354617

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

More! Yay!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

And this points to Intervene.  Look at all 3 screens...  Anything special about the characters chosen for that word?

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

They must be refering to the intervene picture from the app. thats why Tim Cosing said they were skipping ahead, we werent supposed to see it untill we figured out everything til now

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Maybe there are nine pages to be discovered?!

I'M GOING TO BED. RIGHT NOW!

DocBrown
DocBrown's picture
Playtester

Are those screens specific cards? 

For reference:

https://greaterthangames.com/system/files/forum/attachments/image.png

Edit: The middle screen is "Retcon" from guise deck

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yeah, I need to sleep. Someone figure out what 124185 means.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I recognize Don't Dismiss Anything, Retcon, and something from Captain Cosmic.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

There are 9 screens...

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

We'll need a better picture to figure it out.

CodieH
CodieH's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

Also in the comic it says start from the top of the screens and go left to right.... oh boy

"Quintessential Tactics Experience: Arguing Over Range" - Worlds Tournament 2015

Pages