The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

1000 Games of SotM

706 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Voss attacked Megalopolis, only to be driven off by DW Expatriette, Captain Cosmic, Redeemer Fanatic, The Argent Adept and F6 The Wraith. A Dynamic Syphon + Scherzo of Frost and Flame + Last Stand = absurd power uses for AA and Expatriette finishing Voss off with a shot she'd Aimed three times for.

Total games: 541

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Mint condition weekly one-shot! I got in both a fully powered Lightspeed Barrage and almost fully powered Inventory Barrage, which were both fun. Gloomweaver finally fell to Maia's Combat Stance.

Total games: 542

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Fanatic, TL Tachyon, Chrono-Ranger, Argent Adapt, and Sky-scraper lose to Advanced Grand Warlord Voss at Atlantis. This match was insane featuring 4 end of days, 3 forced deployments and 1 Wraithful Retribution. Voss and Atlantis playing just the right card at just the right time doomed the heroes, but if Tachyon had 1 more HP the heroes would have won.

Total Games 543

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Captain Cosmic, Setback, Chrono Ranger, Argent Adept, and Scholar prevented the Chairman from releasing the criminals at the Block

Total games: 544

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Sentinels while waiting for Sentinels! Which worked, because Sentinels showed up while I was playing! :D And I finished the one-shot finally! After a really stupid round that left half my team dead, Tachyon finished things off with a by-the-teeth Lightspeed Barrage.

So now it's time to say farewell to digital for now and try out that old analog cardboard. :3 After spending all friggin' day unpacking, organizing, and shuffling (among other things), I finally got to try my very first at-home Sentinels game, to the tune of "decks I've never played". So, Setback, Parse and the Sentinels faced down Chokepoint in the Celestial Tribunal and yeah, I see why everyone says Chokepoint's found wanting (Get it? Eh?), though it doesn't help that those three heroes are pretty OP. :B

Total Games: 546

The Burning Stickman

Baron Blade seeded the Mars base with bombs, but thanks to Team Leader Tachyon, Nightmist, Dark Visionary and Greatest Legacy, he barely managed to do any damage.

Then the Ennead, confined to the Block, tried to escape. Sky-Scraper, Mr. Fixer and DW Expatriette hit them with tons of global damage and sent them back to their cells.

Total games: 548

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

In a match that wound up running about 2 hours in the app, Omnitron-X, DW NightMist, Visionary, Sky-scraper, and Horus Ra defeat Advanced La Captain at Rook City. Telokenetic Cacoon was the star it probably prevented around 300 damage over the course of the game. Also fun was pairing DW NightMist's incap to put the top card of a trash on top of its deck with Time Shift.

Total Games: 549

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Young Legacy, Tempest, Santa Guise, F6 Absolute Zero, and AA defeat Advanced Chairman at The Block.

Total games: 550

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

More cardboard! I played a game of "Can I play the Argent Adept without computer assistance?" plus "I've only played Naturalist and KNYFE once" plus "let's see how Akash-Bhuta deals with a targetless environment!" Unfortunately, it turns out she deals just fine, while Freedom Tower kinda sucks for Naturalist and even KNYFE. Things were going pretty well until a late-game rush to take out Akash herself left a bunch of Rockslides with +3 damage in play, taking the heroes down for the count. Oops. I at least came away with a much better view on KNYFE than my first game with her!

With room for another game, it was time for (most of) the Prime Wardens to go vampire hunting! In a single turn, Argent Adept, Haka, Tempest and Fanatic learned why it wasn't a good idea to face Apostate in the Court of Blood; two rounds later, they taught him why the Prime Wardens are not to be trifled with. These guys rock. :D And yes, since you asked, I can play Argent Adept without assistance, thank you very much. :V

Total Games: 552

Powerhound_2000

In a game of heroes who aren't typically the damagers Legacy, Argent Adept, and Visionary defeated Ambuscade at Temple of Zhu Long.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't until the fourth round that I actually destroyed any of his devices.  While this team was pretty healthy at the end I'm not sure how confident I'd feel about them taking on many villains without using one or two variants.

Total games: 553

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The Burning Stickman

The Gloomweaver was stirring up trouble in the Realm of Discord, and Legacy, The Argent Adept and Nightmist went to stop him. It was a slow-build game, and one of the few I refrained from Galvanizing for the first few turns, but once everyone was set up, Nightmist was able to go on a goshdarn full-blown rampage between her Elder Ring, the Nemesis bonus, Galvanize, Inspiring Presence, and Argent Adept stacking her deck. She basically couldn't take any kind of action without sending at least 5 damage at Gloomy.

Total games: 554

The Burning Stickman

I decided I wanted a pure damage race, so Chrono Ranger, Fanatic, Ra, Haka and Mr. Fixer took on Plague Rat in Insula Primalis. I think about the only time someone did something besides smacking the rat was decking the Pterosaur so it didn't break our stuff. Ended up being one of the easiest wins against the rat I've ever played, in part because it managed to play nothing but ongoings.

Total games: 555

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Playing actual, for-real Sentinels with actual, for-real friends! What madness is this? Akash'Bhuta decided a day at the creepy, haunted carnival would be a good idea, but luckily Redeemer Fanatic, Ra and Guise were there to ruin her fun. Another Akash fight in a targetless environment? Zounds!

Total Games: 556

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Wager Master defeated The Hunted Naturalist, America's Cleverest Legacy, Chrono-Ranger, Best of Times and Bunker, Engine of War in the mysterious Temple of Zhu Long.

Gloomweaver was soundly defeated by Visionary Unleashed, Captain Cosmic, Chrono-Ranger and Ra, Horus of Two Horizons in the Time Catacylsm.

Omnitron was deleted by Omnitron-X, Dark Watch Expatriette, Bunker and Dark Watch Mr. Fixer in the Realm of Discord.

Total Games: 559

The Burning Stickman

Decided to do a theme game, of Redeemer Fanatic rescuing Ra, Horus of Two Horizons from the Ennead at the Temple of Anubis (and Argent Adept there because the app doesn't let you do two characters). It was a close game, and Ra ended up playing his staff three times just to heal, but they pulled it off thanks to a timely Divine Sacrifice keeping the heat (HA!) off Ra for one last turn.

Total games: 560

The Burning Stickman

Skinwalker Gloomweaver tried to get a foothold at Pike Industrial, only for Legacy, The Wraith and Haka to put a crimp in his plans. Probably the first game I've ever played Enduring Intercession on purpose, and between Ta Moto and the Mega Computers, it more or less neutralized the environment entirely. And then Haka ate the cultists and zombies and a few rats, and poured 31 cards into Haka of Battle for an obscene final blow.

Total games: 561

The Burning Stickman

Ambuscade was also apparently skulking around the industrial complex, but NIghtmist, F6 Wraith, Sky-Scarper and F6 Bunker steamrolled over him in short order.

Total games: 562

The Burning Stickman

And now Progeny goes up against TL Tachyon, F6 Bunker, Omnitron-X and Dark Visionary. This was probably the first game where I left Phosphorescent Chamber out for more than a round, because I needed the boost to healing to get DV out from under Progeny's pounding. A pair of Twist the Etherskept the big guy's damage down while Tachyon and Bunker readied their killshots.

Total games: 563

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Grand Warlord Voss's attempt at Earth was foiled by Dark Visionary, KNYFE, Rogue Agent, Fanatic and Chrono-Ranger making a stand in Pike Industrial Complex.

Plague Rat was the latest addition to the sideshows at Madam Mittermier's when he went on a rampage only stopped by Setback, Bunker, Prime Warden Captain Cosmic and The Naturalist.

Unfortunately Cosmic Omnitron managed to demolish most of Megaopolis when it took down Xtreme Prime Wardens Haka, Chrono-Ranger, Best of Times, Nightmist and Termi-Nation Absolute Zero.

Citizen Dawn was prevented from taking over Rook City by Completionist Guise, The Naturalist, Setback and Prime Warden Tempest.

And Ambuscade's lastest hunting trip to The Final Wasteland was stopped by Chrono-Ranger, The Hunted Naturalist, Freedom Five Bunker and Termi-Nation Unity.

Total Games: 568

The Burning Stickman

Team Leader Tachyon and Bunker, The Wraith and AZ of the Freedom 6 took on Iron Legacy in Megalopolis, with timely hyperspeed barrages, throat punches and a critical Fueled Freeze gave the heroes the win.

Total games: 569

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Deadline attempted to level the Wagner Mars Base, but ended up two cards short as Chrono Ranger, Expatriette, and The Wraith Saved the planet by the skin of their teeth.

Later that day, Gloomweaver was trying to gather his cult following in Rook city for his nefarious plans. But fortunatley Unity, The Scholar, and Sky Scraper were in the area to prevent him from entering in the dark city

Total games: 571

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Powerhound_2000

Unstable Kismet was beaten in the Final Wasteland by Adamant Sentinels, Wraith, KNYFE, Tempest, and America's Cleverest Legacy.  

total games: 572

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Akash'bhuta was found trying to escape the Block.  An all varient team of Freedom Tempest, Santa Guise, GI Bunker, Omnitron-U, and Redeemer Fanatic were called in to put her down.  A double Primeval Eruption put most of Akash's limbs into play, but Grevious Hailstorm, Uh Yeah, I'm That Guy, and Defensive Blast took them out again almost as quickly.

Also, I haven't reported my most reason Weekly Oneshot attempts.

Total Games: 576

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

The Burning Stickman

Gloomweaver tried to take advantage of the strife in the Dok'Thorath capiltal to get into the mortal realm. F6 Wraith, DW Expatriette, F6 Absolute Zero and Beard Ra put a stop to it.

Total games: 577

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Fanatic, DW NightMist, Skyscraper, and Scholar of the Infinite defeat Akash'Bhuta at Time Catalysm.

Total Games: 578

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Played a digital game just so's I could ask a question. :V Chrono-Ranger, F6 Wraith, Mr. Fixer, DW Expatriette and Guise wasted Deadline in Rook City, proving the environment can't help you if you keep destroying it, dummy!

Total Games: 579

So have people been reporting games played with Cauldron decks? Because if that's the case, I can add a couple more to the count...

The Burning Stickman

Minty fresh Weekly One-Shot on the mobile.

Total games: 580

The Burning Stickman

And then Omnitron-X, Dark Visionary and Sky-Scraper kicked the crud out of the Ennead at The Block. Proportionist+Twist the Ether = very scary Thorathian.

Total games: 581

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Plague Rat was hanging out with his decendants in the Final Wasteland, so Freedom Tempest, Mr. Fixer, Absolute Zero, and Scholar worked together to take him down.

Fixer got Driving Mantis and Jack Handle almost immediately, and it took several rounds for an Infection to come out.  Piece of cake.

Total Games: 582

The Burning Stickman

Sky Scraper, Fanatic, Argent Adept and Haka foiled Baron Blade's plans in the Ruins of Atlantis. This despite two Devious Disruptions, only blunted each time by a single Rebounding Debilitator, which saved first Argent Adept and then Sky-Scraper from heavy damage. Thankfully after the first time, Fanatic and Argent Adept were able to do a group heal with Phosphorescent Chamber out, and AA's diligent healing the rest of the game got the team ready for the second one. Finally, a Haka of Battle'd Crush didn't quite take out Blade, but left him with low enough HP that the environment finished the job (a Kraken tentacle and two Ancient Defenses were already out, but Hallway Collapse beat them all to it; I prefer to think it was caused by Haka's massive blow).

Total games: 583

The Burning Stickman

And the Weekly One-Shot again, this time on Steam.

Total games: 584

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Legacy Visionary Tempest defeated Gloomweaver in the Realm of Discord 

I earned the end the game at full hp for everyone with this one

Total Count 585

Sapienta potentia est

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Chrono-ranger, Unity, DW NightMist, F6 Absolute Zero, and Omnitron-X defeat Omnitron at Rook City.

AA, Sky-scraper, Visionary, Omnitron-X and Unity defeat Cosmic Omnitron at Pike Industrail Complex.  The game ended on a Sedative Flechettes which would have wiped tthe heroes out if it weren't for volatile parts and bee bot damage destroying Omnitron first.

AA, Unity, Greatest Legacy, Dark Visionary, and Santa Guise defeat Baron Blade at Insula Primalis. Unlocked Omnitron-U for 100% completion on achievements.

Total games: 588

The Burning Stickman

Sky-Scraper, Mr. Fixer and The Wraith took on Apostate in the Dok'Thorath capital. Jackhandle and Compulsion Cannisters won the day.

Total games: 589

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

For nefarious reasons, I played Legacy, Redeemer Fanatic and TLT against the Dreamer in the Enclave of the Endlings. It was a nice, easy victory.

Then tried the new one-shot and failed miserably. It's like every choice I made was the absolute worst one possible.

Total Games: 591

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Mint on the weekly one-shot; but that was a tough one!

Total Games: 592

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Near mint on the weekly oneshot

Total Games: 594

poypoyking

Unity, Tempest, Wraith, and Ra failed to Plague Rat in Insula Primalis.  Some rough draws and early flipping of plague rat did not give the team much of a chance.  Unity only ever got 2 bots out, Ra never got his staff, and wraith struggled to get equipment out.

Total Games: 595

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Tried out a fanmade variant for Visionary today. She, along with Legacy, Mr. Fixer, Expatriette and Absolute Zero participated in the All Decks Must Be Shuffled World Tour 2016, taking on Ambuscade in Insula Primalis. I felt sorry for Ambuscade.

Since that didn't take long, it was time for my very first Vengeance game! (Well, outside BGG.) Proletariat, Miss Information and La Capitan versus the Wraith, Unity and Tachyon. It was a horrible rout. D: The heroes couldn't do anything and lasted maybe four rounds.

One more game, just to see if that was an awful fluke. The Operative, Greazer Clutch and Ambuscade versus Nightmist, The Scholar and Termi-Nation Bunker in the Tomb of Anubis. It was a tough game, although using Nightmist to redirect damage to Greazer's hair and have him hit the other villains for you is great fun. The villains went down almost as hard as the heroes, but in the end, Scholar was able to tank and let the environment take card of the Operative for him. Victory!

Total Games: 598

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Chrono-Ranger, F6 Bunker, Scholar of the Infinite, AA, and Golem Unity defeat Plague Rat at Realm of Discord.

Total Games: 599

The Burning Stickman

Progeny was spotted at the Temple of Anubis, and Sky-Scraper, TL Tachyon, Tempest, Captain Cosmic and DW Nightmist managed to stop him. Cosmic Crest kept Hugh and his Constructs alive, Dynamic Syphons and Cleansing Downpour kept everyone in good health throughout the game, and Scion of Blight just helped Tachyon set up for Hyperspeed Barrages.

Total games: 600

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Mint, Weekly one-shot on my phone. Used a more aggressive strategy this time, result was an easier, quicker win.

Total Games: 601

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Kismet's luck took a turn for the worse at the Celestial Tribunal where Prime Warden Argent Adept, Sky-Scraper, Wraith and The Naturalist were called to give evidence against her.

The Ennead's search for ancient treasures took them to the Ruins of Atlantis where they were stopped by Xtreme Prime Wardens Argent Adept, Dark Watch Nightmist, The Scholar and Omnitron-X.

And La Capitan's voyage took her to the lava lakes of Magmaria where she was stopped by Young Legacy, Chrono-Ranger, Best of Times, Termi-Nation Unity and Freedom Five Wraith.

Total Games - 604

Trajector
Trajector's picture

The weekly one-shot on my phone. Mint condition!

Then, Expatriette, Absolute Zero, Haka, Nightmist, and Mr. Fixer got sucked into the Time Cataclysm with Apostate. He perished.

Total games: 606

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Another failed attempt at the one-shot. I don't know how people are getting through this one.

So I went digital again with Haka, DW Fixer and Guise against advanced Ambuscade at Wagner Mars Base. They actually didn't make it! D: Now I feel bad for me.

The World Tour continues with another Vengeance game. The not-vengeful five -- Bugbear, Biomancer, Hammer & Anvil, Plague Rat and Sergeant Steel -- beat the crap out of Parse, Unity, Rook City Wraith, Engine of War Bunker and the Adamant Sentinels. I mean, to their credit, the heroes took out Anvil and got Bugbear down to 1 HP, plus they hung on for an entire round with everyone having 1 HP themselves. It was quite the train wreck, which derailed because Plague Rat.

Next up, I'm too chicken to play Completionist Guise! Err, I mean, Ra, Tempest, DW Expatriette and Absolute Zero got sucked back in time to the Wild West by Wager Master. (He does love his cowboy hats.) It was a bit of a hectic struggle, but after a solid four or five rounds of careful damage control, the heroes were able to win against the odds by being even. :3

Total Games: 610

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Visionary, DW Expat, Capt. Cosmic, Omnitron-U, and Redeemer Fanatic defeat advanced Deadline at Dok'Thorath Capital.

Total Games: 611

Powerhound_2000

Weekly One-shot locally and multiplayer

Total games: 613

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Visionary, Omnitron-U, Ra, Sky-scraper, and Freedom 6 Wraith defeat La Captain at Final Wasteland.

Total Games: 614

The Burning Stickman

A relatively painless trouncing of Spite with the original Freedom Five in Pike Industrial.

Total games: 615

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Chrono-Ranger, Sacrifice Tempest, Scholar of the Infinite, Santa Guise, and AA defeat the Matriarch at Megaloposis.

Total Games: 616

Pages