The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

1000 Games of SotM

706 posts / 0 new
Last post
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Termi-Nation Absolute Zero, [REDACTED], Fanatic and Mr. Fixer took on Gloomweaver in the Time Cataclysm. It did not go well. :(

Ambuscade decided to go hunting Magmarians underground. Ra, Freedom Five Absolute Zero and the Scholar were there to stop him. Absolute Zero had a blast, but burned himself out right quick. But hanks to the metal might of the Scholar, the heroes won the day and saved the cuddly little magma people.

Grand Warlord Voss tried to sneak onto earth through a little Industrial Plant. Argent Adept, Haka and Freedom Five Bunker met him head-on. Unfortunately, the vats refused to explode, and Bunker was ultimately eaten by rats. I'd like to think the aliens didn't make it out alive, either. :|

Total Games: 860

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

And I was so mad about that Voss loss (and sinus issues) that I had Legacy, Chrono-Ranger, Mr. Fixer, Setback and Visionary go beat up on Gloomweaver in the Enclave of the Endlings. Having Chrono dish out ludicrous amounts of damage is oddly cathartic.

Total Games: 861

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

Legacy, Setback, XPW Haka, F6 Wraith, and Ra were summoned to the Celestial Tribunal to fight Baron Blade, Plague Rat, Greazer, Ermine, and Bugbear.

Everything is on fire now. The Tribunal, the Rat's handlers, Greazer's hair ... everything.

Total games: 862

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

So far the Prime Wardens have lost to Skinwalker Gloomweaver at Omntitron IV, 4 times! None of these games was even close.

Setback, Expat, NightMist, and Mr. Fixer defeated the Chairman at Rook City. 

Total games: 867

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Time for a day of Sentinels with friends! Xtreme Fanatic, Hunted Naturalist, Prime Wardens Argent Adept and KNYFE Rogue Agent took on Voss in [REDACTED]. It was a fun game, and the heroes were ultimately able to set the heck up and take him down hardcore.

Then, in the name of doing something new, Xtreme Fanatic, Hunted Naturalist, Scholar of the Infinite and Eternal Haka stepped up to save Megalopolis from the birds! The birds! of Matriarch. The heroes were actually able to win, thanks to the Naturalist being incapped. Despite all the DR, they did exactly enough damage to take her down.

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet, Ambuscade's hunting wobots! KNYFE, Xtreme Fanatic, Hunted Naturalist, EWAZ and Nightmist showed up on Omnitron-IV to stop Ambuscade's nefarious schemes, such as they are. Things were hairy until Naturalist shut down the environment. Then it was just a race to see who would take Ambuscade out. (It was Absolute Zero.)

Next, Dark Conductor Argent Adept, Hunted Naturalist, Haka and Termi-Nation Unity faced off Gloomweaver in [REDACTED]. Argent Adept showed Unity how to conduct, and she rode a chorus of Raptor Bots to a relic victory. Also, Transformers make good form markers.

Next, the Temple of Zhu Long was having a Plague Rat problem, so they called in Hunted Naturalist, DW Expatriette, Freedom Five Bunker, DW Fixer and Beardy Ra to exterminate. Expatriette fell, but was revived soon after, and Fixer of course wrecked house. The finishing blow was a massive Omni-Cannon strike.

Next, Xtreme Tempest, the Scholar and Fanatic went chasing Wager Master through the Realm of Discord. (What's that? A game without the Naturalist? My briefcase full of Naturalists should put a stop to that!) The heroes won in three rounds thanks to Losing to the Odds.

Next, that same team joined up with Engine of War Bunker to take on [REDACTED] in the Court of Blood. Many vampires were slain, Bunker had a field day, and once more got the final blow with the Omnicannon.

Lastly, Hunted Naturalist came back to help the Scholar, Setback and [REDACTED] chase Omnitron through time to Silver Gulch! It was a long game, but again, the Naturalist's environment clamp helped save the day. He even got to eat the last drone.

Total Games: 875

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Minted the 1-shot

Total Games:876.54321

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

The Prime Wardens were finally able to defeat Skinwalker Gloomweaver at Omnitron IV. The game ended pretty spectatularly with all but 2 villain targets and 1 environment target under Savage Mana, Haka used its power to deal 41 damage to Gloomweaver who was on exactly 41 HP (so Punish the weak actually tipped the scales).

Total Games: 877

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Finished the 14-game Liberation campaign with friends.Won all except the Chairman and Spite.

Starting Team: Ra,Argent Adept, Tempest

Team A:   Ra,Legacy,Fanatic,Tachyon,Unity

Team B: Haka,Argent Adept,Wraith,Mr. Fixer, Bunker

Team C:Scholar, RIP Nightmist,Tempest,Expatriette,Omni-X

Team Finale:Unity,Argent Adept, Omnitron-X

Bot overflow.

Total Games: 891

That should help.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

First time playing the physical game, and it turned into a lengthy and exciting battle.

Setback, Bunker and the Sentinels took on Gloomweaver and his cult in the Realm of Discord. An early Pouch of Bones and a Vast Following the turn after we destroyed it made it hard for anything to stick (the Profane Zealots didn't help, either) and we spent most of our time just keeping the zombies and cultists at bay thanks to Time Flies -- unfortunately, also thanks to Time Flies, the other two Relics quickly made it out and Gloomweaver flipped. Fortunately by this point, everyone was pretty well set up -- all four Signatures were out, as well as Looking Up, High-Risk Behavior and Silver Lining and Bunker had been reaping obscene amounts of cards thanks to Ammo Drops the whole game.

Writhe's signature got a lot of use. It turns out if Setback is one of the heroes in a 3-H game, Writhe and Mainstay end up as highest HP PDQ (and thanks to their signatures and Dr. Medico, they can stay there a long time). It let Setback keep being High Risky (at one point he had a +4) and kept Gloomweaver punching himself via pins. Things finally broke out for us when -- after the last Vast Following was in the trash -- we killed the Pouch of Bones and we combined for about 50 damage in one round (Yay, Omni-Cannon), Silver-Lining'd Setback to highest HP (he had so many tokens that even with Gloomy's damage reduced to 0, it killed Setback), and finally put Gloomweaver down.

It took us close to two hours, but it was a great time.

Total games: 892

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Defeated the Chairman finally with DW Nightmist, DW Expat, Setback, and DW Fixer in Rook City

Total games: 893

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Friggin' eight tries to unlock DW Setback. Hint: Make sure Fixer goes first.

Then a physical game. Nightmist, Fanatic and KNYFE took on Omnitron in the Tomb of Anubis. It was one of the closest games I've ever seen: two heroes down in the final villain turn, with a final score of 2 HP to 1. A single card play was all that stood between us and victory, but sadly it was snatched away by a Terminator. :(

Total Games: 902

Home stretch, boys!

The Burning Stickman

Mint on the one-shot. Lordy, today is, 'Long-game-against-someone-I-usually-handle-easily' day.

Total games: 903

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

The weekly one-shot on my phone.

Also, The Prime Wardens and Advanced Heroic Infinitor win at Tomb of Anubis.

Total Games: 905

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Having unlocked DW Setback last night, I ran him and the members of Termi-Nation through advanced Chokepoint in the Temple of Zhu Long. She kicked their butts! D:

Total Games: 906

Powerhound_2000

With the Friendly Fire and Dual Crowbars combo I was able to defeat the Chairman on advanced with DW Nightmist, DW Expat, Setback, and DW Fixer in Rook City

Total games: 907

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

One more game this morning to show advanced Chokepoint what's what. Captain Cosmic, Guise, Scholar and Dark Visionary in Megalopolis. Guise totally won the day. :D

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Last night, I learned that Ra is crazy powerful against Kismet. Sure, trickster, play Jinxes on the Visionary, Expatriette, and Team Leader Tachyon. You only make Drawn to the Flame hurt more.

This morning, Captain Cosmic, Tempest, and Legacy prevented Deadline from destroying the Final Wasteland.

Total games: 910

The Burning Stickman

Went for the DW Setback unlock, Friendly Fire + Dual Crowbars = hilariously effective. It knocked Setback from full health down to 5 HP, but it wiped out The Operative in one power usage.

Total games: 911

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

The Freedom Five and Prime Wardens each defeat Advanced Chopping at Zhu Long's Temple and the Block respectively.

This completes their campain s until Unsubtle Trickster and Vengeance Villains are released in the Video Game.
Next up: The original 4 Dark Watch!

Total Games: 913

Powerhound_2000

Who is Chopping?   I'm assuming you meant Chokepoint. 

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

That should say Checkpoint not Chopping... grumble grumble auto correct...

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Wow I just can't win today

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Congratulations!!! Post #625 is a winner!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000

What do I win!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wait.....your post was 625? I have been noting some discrepancies in the number of posts and the number of replies listed in the main screen.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Powerhound_2000

According to what I see it is.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

There are 628 posts in this thread, the stat on the sub forum shows how many replies there are, so it will say 627.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Now that's strange. The post above me (Powerhound) says #629. What does it say to you? Question open to all.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Huh. 627, that is weird.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000

Pydro wrote:

Now that's strange. The post above me (Powerhound) says #629. What does it say to you? Question open to all.

Your reply is listed as 629 to me

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

For me it says you are #629 Pydro

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ok. So someone snuck in there. It is two posts above mine up there somewhere.

@Matchstickman it has been off by more than one number.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Huh? Seema like I am the odd one here, and more than usualy. I wonder if it is because I am a mod. Can another mod chime in with what they see? Or non-mod confirm that I am different.

The Burning Stickman

I'm honestly just confused about what you all are talking about.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

That makes two of us.

Or is it three? I've lost count.

Powerhound_2000

Setback, Nightmist, Redeemer Fanatic, and Omnitron-U lost to Skinwalker Gloomweaver at the Enclave of the Endlings.   The Endlings got out of control and made Gloomweaver hard to control  

Total games: 914

poypoyking

Dark Watch Setback, Musical Swordsman, Argent Adept, and Omnitron X were spanked by Deadline in the Court of Blood (played a random match).  The game wasn't even remotely close.

Total games: 915

The Burning Stickman

DW Setback, Mr. Fixer and Omnitron-U took on the Ennead in the Time Cataclysm. Game was going slow... until Fixed Point came out.

While Setback had Friendly Fire in play.

And Mr. Fixer had Dual Crowbars and Alternating Tiger Claw out and Greased Monkey Fist in hand.

A good time was had by all. Except Setback.

Total games: 916

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Who is the Musical Swordsman?

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

the musical swordsman is link from legend of Zelda reimagined as a Sotm character he's on bgg

First I unlocked DW Setback (Dark Watch team all variants except Setback defeated Chairman in Rook City)

The I used all darkwatch variants to defeat Omnitron in Time Cataclysm

Total Count 918

Sapienta potentia est

PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

>Huh? Seema like I am the odd one here, and more than usualy. I wonder if it is because I am a mod. Can another mod chime in with what they see? Or non-mod confirm that I am different.

This post appears as #636 for me.

Australian living in Toronto. I make a lot of games. http://about.peterchayward.com

Powerhound_2000

Mod powers at work then.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

PeterCHayward wrote:

>Huh? Seema like I am the odd one here, and more than usualy. I wonder if it is because I am a mod. Can another mod chime in with what they see? Or non-mod confirm that I am different.
This post appears as #636 for me.

Same for me.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Same.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Watch (base forms) defeat Advanced Baron Blade at Final Wasteland.

Total games: 917

The Burning Stickman

Setback, Haka and Bunker got stomped by Citizen Dawn in the Temple of Zhu Long, so they set up for a rematch... and almost got stomped. Setback had to be revived twice (once from Silver Lining, once by the environment), and the last couple rounds were Haka furiously Ground Pounding and reaping Dominion draws until he had enough to finish Dawn off with a Haka of Battle.

Total games: 919

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

A nice randomized start got me a mint on the new one shot.

Total Count 920

Sapienta potentia est

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I got lucky with this mint.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000

Mint on weekly one shot

Total games: 922

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Expatriette, Ra and the Sentinels lost to Plague Rat in the Final Wasteland because the Sentinels were a really bad choice despite Caliginous Form being awesome. :C

Rematch time! Nightmist, Expatriette, Haka, Fanatic and Tempest took on Voss in Atlantis. It was a fast, intense and painful game, but thanks to a first-round End of Days (and Tempest helpfully dying and turning the environment against the villains), the heroes took Voss out in style.

Introducing Mom to the horrors of Rook City! Expatriette, Haka, Mr. Fixer and Guise got their butts kicked by Ambuscade, because what else was gonna happen, really?

And then we were so peeved about that loss that Hunted Naturalist, Haka, Unity and Guise took it out on Baron Blade in Silver Gulch. It was a nice, fun fight that ended in victory. :)

Lastly, Mint on the one-shot.

Total Games: 927

Pages