The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

1000 Games of SotM

706 posts / 0 new
Last post
thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

PeterCHayward wrote:

>Huh? Seema like I am the odd one here, and more than usualy. I wonder if it is because I am a mod. Can another mod chime in with what they see? Or non-mod confirm that I am different.This post appears as #636 for me.

On my end you're #642. *shrug*

After eleventy-squillion mulligans, DW Nightmist, Setback, DW Expat, and DW Fixer went to Rook City and introduced the Chairman to the sharp end of a crowbar. Now to never do that again until OblivAeon is released and Harpy hopefully ties the team together somehow.

Total (Full) Games: 928

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Watch defeat:

Advanced Omnitron at Pike Industrial Complex

Advanced Dawn at Silver Gulch

Advanced Voss at Wagner Mars Base (Featuring Crowbars + Grease Monkey Fist + Friendly Fire + Silver Lining + Oxygen Leak for 30 damage to Voss to heal Setback from 11 to 21 HP). Despite that, the match went on to become increadably close as Fixer was incaped the next turn and NightMist wound up the last hero standing).

Advanced Ambuscade at Enclave of the Endlings.

Dark Watch lose to Advanced Spite at Silver Gulch.

Total Games 932

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

Legacy, Tachyon, Wraith and Bunker take out the baron on the Mobile defense platform. Started off rough with 3 hasten dooms in a row!

Total Games:933

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

The Dark Watch team is full of redirection synergy.  Crowbar to 1 target, then to Nightmist with an amulet.  Jack Handle Setback with multiple Friendly Fires.  RPG Launcher a target and Nightmist.  Oblivion of 2 or less with Driving Mantis and Wrong Time and Place in play.  Your team takes nothing and someone gets targeted for huge damage.  Expatriette may seem like the least synergistic, but she has the easiest time feeding Setback's "Whoops!  Sorry!", although Mr. Fixer can, too, with Tool Box and Bloody Knuckles. 

Their Dark Watch promos are a bit harder to deal with.  The best here is DW Expatriette, followed by DW Fixer.  DW Setback is great with no tokens (but leaves you token starved) or with lots of tokens and no other ongoings.  Plays slower but a bit more predictable and safe.  Otherwise his other ongoings eclipse things.  DW Nightmist is great for setting up her spells for the next turn, but otherwise is better off using Tome of Magic (or whatever it's called) for the extra card each round if using either of her amulets.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

Looks like Dandolo missed my last post -- 5 games listed, count went up by 4.

Helped one of my brothers with achievement-hunting:

Captain Cosmic, F6 Tachyon, Ra, Legacy, and Dark Visionary defeated Infinitor at Wagner Mars Base. (Bro got Heroic Infinitor, Flawless Victory, and Infection.)

Legacy, Wraith, Fanatic, and Bunker defeated Grand Warlord Voss at the Block. (Bro got RC Wraith, GI Bunker, and Omnitron-II.)

Total Games: 936

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Sorry about that Thrawn.kol,

Mint on the weekly one-shot.

Total Games: 937

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Kismet took on DW Setback, DW Expatriette, Sky-Scraper and Ra at the Temple of Zhu Long and watched the Shinobi Assassins smack her Talisman around like a tennis ball before they turned on her.

Total games: 938

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

4 More losses to Advanced Spite with Dark Watch at Silver Gulch.  Apparently reading the cards and knowing how they work is key to winning. Still this match is really hard.

Total Games:942

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

Played the one-shot on steam and mobile, Kismet didn't stand a chance.

Total Games: 944

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Another loss to Advanced Spite with Dark Watch at Silver Gulch before finally winning on attempt number 7.

Total Games: 946

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Mr. Fixer is the lone survivor of Dark Watch's victory over Advanced Plague Rat at Rook City.

Total Games: 947

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

More testing. Termi-Nation Bunker, [REDACTED], DW Expatriette and Xtreme Fanatic against Ambuscade in the Court of Blood. It was a nice, easy game, with Bunker Omnicannoning Ambuscade down to 1 HP, and then Custom Hero being unable to finish him off because Unhallowed Halls. XD

Next, Baron hunting in the Final Wasteland, with [REDACTED], Guise, Haka, KNYFE and Mr. Fixer! It was a total rout, the heroes won big time. XD

One more! Naturalist, [REDACTED] and Nightmist faced Chokepoint in Insula Primalis. It was a very interesting game, and surprisingly hairy. Thanks to interaction with Custom Hero, Nightmist mostly played the glass cannon role, and didn't get her Amulet out until late. Once she did, though, she ruled the roost, and took Chokepoint down with environment damage.

Through some digital trickery, Argent Adept, Tempest and Termi-Nation Absolute Zero faced Deadline in the Tomb of Anubis. He didn't have to destroy the environment, he destroyed the heroes pretty darn well.

Next, Xtreme Tempest, Mr. Fixer and Xtreme Fanatic went back to Silver Gulch to stop Kismet! It was a fun, easy game, and a good introduction to Kismet.

Next, Hunted Naturalist, Haka and GI Bunker faced Wager Master on the Celestial Tribunal. All it took was a couple global shutdown cards and the heroes won to the odds after three rounds! Hooray!

Hunted Naturalist, Mr. Fixer, Setback and the Adamant Sentinels tried to stop Chokepoint from taking over the carnival! They got lucky with the environment cards and just beat the everloving crap outta Chokey.

Lastly, Fanatic, Mr. Fixer, Haka and Tempest faced Citizen Dawn on the Mobile Defense Platform. Not only did we have a great team, we got really lucky. Despite dual Channel the Eclipses at one point, we never saw That Card, and a lengthy sojourn on the Sky Deck meant we could take out Citizens with impunity and she never flipped. Victory was brutal and glorious.

Total Games: 955

Less than 50 to go!

The Burning Stickman

I'm kind of curious who the [REDACTED] heroes could be, considering didn't we at least know who all the heroes are and will be by now, if not their exact mechanics?

Anyway, Chokepoint took on Chrono Ranger, The Wraith, Sky-Scraper, Ra and Haka in The Block and got her butt kicked.

Then the Ennead faced Ra, GI Bunker, Scholar and Setback in the Temple of Anubis. With Ra leading the charge, it was a fast and easy win.

Total games: 957

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

Hunted Naturalist, Tempest, Ra, F5 Bunker, and the Scholar fought Ambuscade, Miss Information, La Capitan, Fright Train, and Biomancer in the Ruins of Atlantis. Victory was quite narrow, with Bunker falling to a round of Memory Loss and Naturalist crushed by one of the twin Krakens. (I blame Ambuscade pulling all four damaging Nemeses on the first turn, combined with Miss Information opening with A World Improved > Naturalist has to skip his turn > Deja Vu > A World Improved > Tempest has to skip his turn.)

Total Games: 958

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Watch needed 3 trys to defeat Advanced Matriarch at The Block.

Total Games: 961

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Watch defeats Advanced The Chairman in the Realm of Discord on their third attempt.

Dark Watch defeats Advanced Gloomweaver at Silver Gulch.

Sidenote: Those Friendly Fire + Fixer combos are a big lifesaver.

Total Games: 965

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Physical:
Sentinels meet-up saw:
966: (all Base) Ra, The Naturalist, Parse and Fanatic versus Apostate in Megalopolis. He got decimated very, very capably. Environment far more trouble than Apostate.

967: Legacy, SS Tachyon, Captain Cosmic, vs Kaargra Warfang in Freedom Tower. SS Tachyon got Chaos Lord on her first turn, and then got Reckless while on Kaargra's turn, then got The Seeker and The Indiscriminate on her next turn. Tachyon became a true force to behold, it was awe-inspiring. She also had on her a CC Energy Bracer that had Stonejaw, giving her play area five titles. She played twelve cards in one round, at one point. She cleared the entire field, and then, with us at 17 points in the Coliseum, she nuked Kaargra with a Lightspeed Barrage with 18 Bursts. That got us two points, putting us at 19! ...and flipped Kaargra over, with no gladiators, so Kaargra came back out at 40 HP again. We ended up losing with 31 victory points, and Tachyon was undoubtedly the Albatross of our game.

968: Minted one shot.
969-976: Six failed attempts and one success with regular Dark Watch (with DW ex-pat) vs. The Chairman in Rook City.
977: DW Dark Watch (except Setback) vs. The Chairman in Rook City.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

mwc146 wrote:

I'm kind of curious who the [REDACTED] heroes could be, considering didn't we at least know who all the heroes are and will be by now

Sorry, when I redact hero/villain/environment names, it means I'm playtesting my own custom decks. :B Nothing special. Also, I never list games with more than one non-official deck in play! (I'm glad someone finally asked!)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I had pretty much assumed it was a Cauldron or home made deck.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The Burning Stickman

Legacy, Fanatic, GI Bunker and Haka took on Citizen Dawn in the Realm of Discord. A fairly easy win, considering Time Flies came out and Dawn didn't get any Ongoings out until her last turn -- and it was Eclipse, so all it did was damage her.

Total games: 978

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Matriarch squished Haka, Chrono-Ranger, and Expatriette in the Enclave of the Endlings. Ouch. Too much ongoing/equipment destruction for me to get ahead. Also, Slamara didn't trigger the foul play thing?

Total games: 979

The Burning Stickman

Omnitron-U, Captain Cosmic and Absolute Zero tangled with the Ennead in the Realm of Discord. Fairly straightforward win, AZ got set up so was bouncing fire back at them, hit OU with all the equipment and ongoing destruction to whack the Ennead, and finished off with Volatile Wiring + Singularity and Self Sabotage thanks to a Time Flies.

Total games: 980

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Here is what I would like to do for game 1000. The final game will be a match that everyone should play and report the results. Advance Blade VS vanilla F5 in the Ruins of Atlantis. Good luck everyone!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

The Burning Stickman

Pydro wrote:

Here is what I would like to do for game 1000. The final game will be a match that everyone should play and report the results. Advance Blade VS vanilla F5 in the Ruins of Atlantis. Good luck everyone!

So should we wait til we hit 999 then?
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yep.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Watch defeats Advanced Akash'Bhuta at Wagner Mars Base.

Total Games: 981!

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Pydro wrote:

After we get 1000 games of Sentinels in, we should try and achieve 1000 runs of the exact same game. :D

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

You shut up.

I'm already doing 220, I don't need to add another 780 to that total.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:

You shut up.

I'm already doing 220, I don't need to add another 780 to that total.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:

You shut up.I'm already doing 220, I don't need to add another 780 to that total.

Of course you don't need to, you want to.

The Burning Stickman

Redeemer Fanatic, F6 Wraith and Ra stopped Deadline from tearing apart the Realm of Discord.

Total games: 982

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Progeny decimated GI Bunker, the Scholar, and Unity in the Enclave. The villain opened with two turns preventing card plays...oof.

Total games: 983

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Watch defeat Advanced Apostate at Zhu Long's Temple. Setback was the MVP by a large margin ending the game by dealing about 20 damage on the environment turn, but Fixer was critical as well virtually shuting down Apostate's damage.

Total games: 984

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Vengeance 5 on Advanced versus Termi-Nation Unity, The Scholar, Setting Sun Ra, and two custom decks on the Mobile Defense Platform. Oh man, that game went from the heroes getting trounced to the heroes steamrolling the bad guys after two rounds.

Setting Sun Ra is amazing in Vengeance games, btw.

Total Games: 985

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Unlocked DW Setback.  Friendly Fire + more Friendly Fire + Jack Handles is your friend.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

No sense in waiting to post! Redeemer Fanatic, the Scholar, Visionary, Omnitron-X and Super Scientific Tachyon faced Ambuscade in [REDACTED]. It was one of those classic games where the question wasn't "Will the heroes win?" but "Who gets to beat the villain, and how much ludicrous damage will they do?" (Answer: It was Tachyon playing a 13-point Lightspeed Barrage off Don't Dismiss Anything.)

America's Newest Legacy, Chrono-Ranger, Ra and Tempest fought [REDACTED] in the Ruins of Atlantis, because that totally makes sense. Everybody just diiiiied.

Total Games: 988
Trajector
Trajector's picture

Grand Warlord Voss ended up with -39 HP when the Fixed Point disappeared. Unity, Team Leader Tachyon, Haka, Bunker, and Wraith participating.

Total games: 987

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Ninja'd! 989

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Replayed the Weekly One Shot.  A High Risk Caused and Effect took down Kismet almost all the way, and then the True Form ate a construct and the good Capitan dealt the final blow.

Tried the "Final Battle" with Advanced Baron Blade vs. the Freedom Five in Atlantis.  First turn Consider the Price of Victory, followed by a first round Leaking Room, and we quickly imitated Majora's Mask.

Tried it again, this time with much better luck.  Took him down fast, then took him down faster once he flipped.  Ended with AZ's Cold Snap for 3, Thermal Shockwave for 3, then burn self for 9, and then 11 damage to put Baron Blade on ice.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

It took 3 tries for Dark Watch to defeat The Advanced Ennead at Insula Primalis.  I have no shame in admitting that the only way I was able to win this match was to hide in Mist form while a Volcano did the work for me.

Total Games: 995

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

F6 Tachyon, Rogue Agent K.N.Y.F.E., Visionary Unleashed, and Young Legacy took down Proletariat, Friction, Greazer, and Plague Rat in the Temple of Zhu Long.

Total Games: 996

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Guise, Haka and Ra took on Baron Blade on the Mobile Defense Platform. It was a quick, fun game, and the heroes won.

Next, the Scholar, Mr. Fixer, F6 Tempest and F6 Unity went for a rematch against Omnitron on the Celestial Tribunal. America's Greatest Legacy was called to represent earth. And thanks to Grandpa Legs, Unity was able to get all the robots, who slowly chewed through Omnitron. Mr. Fixer finished things off in style with Bloody Knuckles.

Last fight of the night, Mr. Fixer, Expatriette, EWAZ and KNYFE went back in time to save some cowboys from a demon! Explosives Wagon made things hairy - Apostate beat Expat from double digits to 2 HP in one turn. But thanks to a risky play by Fixer, the heroes triumphed in the end.

TOTAL GAMES: 999!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Dark Watch Defeats Advanced Miss Information at Zhu Long's Temple. Crowbars + Friendly Fire + Tiger Claw make Miss Info much less scary.

Total Games: 1000!!!!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Wooooo!

LewdDolphin21
LewdDolphin21's picture
Playtester

I was going to share my games here for the first time in a long time, but I now don't want to upset the even 1000 figure.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Woooo 1000! Congrats to all who have participated

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I hope you guys were uploading your games to the statistics project!

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Pydro wrote:

This was a win for the Freedom Five for me.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

lynkfox wrote:

I hope you guys were uploading your games to the statistics project!

;_;

Now that I'm used to recording my games, I will in the future!

Pydro wrote:

This was the most exquisite Blade loss I have ever suffered.

His first play is Consider the Price of Victory. We end the first round with 9 cards in his trash. The F5 flail miserably for a round. Blade does more stuff: 12 cards.

We had one more round, and our strategy was literally "Pillars of Hercules is out, let's see if we can get him to shuffle his trash into his deck". The Terralunar Impulsion Beam activated with 1 card left in his deck. So close. D: It was greuling and amazing and terrible.

The Burning Stickman

Suddenly it feels weird not recording and reporting every game I play.

Pages