The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

1000 Games of SotM

706 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

SST, Sky-Scraper, and Omnitron-U woke up the Dreamer calmly once again in Pike Industrial.  I really don't know why she keeps going there

Total games: 280

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Facing advanced Kaargra Warfang in Rook City is not the greatest idea, as Santa Guise, Eternal Haka, Nightmist, Dark Visionary and Omnitron-U found out, 20-4.

Nightmist, Chrono Ranger and Santa Guise took on advanced Ambuscade in the Enclave of the Endlings and I feel like I've done this one before, is that just me? <.< Anyway, it was a good bit fiddlier than a fight against Ambuscade should really be, but bounties helped overcome that DR in the end.

Total Games: 282

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Freedom still wasn't free, but easier the second time around.

Total games: 283

Powerhound_2000

Not sure why the randomizer chose Kaargra Warfang in Rook City but adding advanced was a terrible choice the team of Fanatic, Tempest Fixer, F6 AZ, and Rook City Wraith lost 20-8.   Certainly didn't help to have Kaargra flip the first turn and gain the one title letting her play a card every time she was damaged due to her advanced rules 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000

Total games:284

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Baron Blade tried to crash the moon in Atlantis, Newest Legcay, Haka and Visionary went to stop him. Both Legacy and Visionary fell to the Krakens, but Visionary got the kill with her 1HP destruction incap ability, huzzahs!

Total Games: 285

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Wanting his revenge, Baron Blade planted bombs around The Block and tried to free the prisoners. Fortunately Guise was there to stop him. The Wraith, Eternal Haka, Bunker and F6 Tempest were just there to watch.

Total Games: 286

Powerhound_2000

Advanced Gloomweaver still loses when his three Relics are destroyed.   Scholar of the Infinite, DW Expat, and Haka crushed them in Silver Gulch

Total games:287

The Burning Stickman

All Santa Guise really wanted was to bring some Christmas Joy to the dinosaurs of Insula Primalis; nevermind the fact that it's the middle of August. But Ambuscade just had to crash the party. Fortunately, Dark Visionary, Captain Cosmic, Mr. Fixer and F6 Wraith were there to beat him like a pinata.

Total Games: 288

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Advanced GloomWeaver fell to the combined might of Santa Guise! And some other heroes Sky Scraper, Chrono-Ranger and Unity. Santa Guise did not deliver presents to the rats at Pike Industrial Complex.

Total Games: 288

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Er... Total Games: 289

Powerhound_2000

Advanced Infinitor was barely defeated by Tachyon, Scholar, and Unity at the Tomb of Anubis.  

Total games: 290

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Sergeant Steel, Greezer, Plague Rat, and Citizens Hammer and Anvil were terrorizing an unusual festival. Fortunately Haka, The Scholar, Tempest, and Unity were able to drive them off, although Tempest succumbed to Plague Rat's vicious onslaught.

Total games: 291

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Advanced Plague Rat was defeated DW Expat, NightMist, Haka, and Visionary at Silver Gulth.

Advanced Cosmic Omnitron was defeated by F6 Tachyon, Tempest, AA, and Omnitron-U at Time Cat.

Advanced Progeny was defeated by Visionary, Expat, Sky-Scraper, and F6 Absolute Zero at Megalopolis.

Advanced Skinwalker Gloomweaver defeated SS Tachyon, Unity, GI Bunker, and Guise at Rook CIty.

Total Games: 283

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Wow, must have not refreshed make that Total Games 295

Powerhound_2000

Guise finished off La Capitan with a Selfie with some setup from Omnitron-X, Dark Visionary, and Young Legacy at the Final Wasteland

Total games: 296

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Grand Warlord Voss tried to invade The Enclave of the Endlings for some new Gene-Bound specimens, but Haka would have none of it. With the Visionary's help, he rampaged against the alien hordes and took them down...oddly enough, it sometimes seemed like his fists were bullets instead of fists. Tempest and Tachyon helped Jansa keep the Endlings alive.

Total games: 297

(Visionary + Haka against Voss is a really good way to earn Compounded Ether Fist)

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Apostate fell threw a crack in the Rifts of Time, and then fell to the combined blows of DW Expat, Newest Legacy and Omnitron-U. No one else fell.

Total Games: 298

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Pew pew pew! Platform Bot takes out Baron Blade. The ENCLAVE OF THE ENDLINGS!!! was saved by Unity, Guise, DW Nightmist and The Schoalr of the Infinite.

Total Games: 299

Powerhound_2000

The Chairman failed in his attempt for cosmic influence in Dok'Thorath due to the efforts of Omnitron-U, Fixer, Tempest, and Sky-Scraper

Total games:300

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Guise just wanted to relax on the beach, building sand castles (ignoring those giant triangular ones right next door) and then that mean bully Plague Rat came along and kicked it over! The Scholar sat by drinking mojitos, Greatest Legacy came over to help out Guise, and ra tried to give Plague Rat a tan.

Total Games: 300

I learned that playing Uh, Yeah, I'm that guy! on someone who has an infection is not a smart play, particularly when everyone already has an infection (it just plays a new card and then is destroyed... I did not see if it went to teh villain trash or not, must check this out).

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Or Total Games: 301 if you prefer

The Burning Stickman

Through some kind of clerical error, Plague Rat ended up in The Block. Things quickly went south as he infected everyone and caused a riot, but Omnitron-X, Ra, Darkwatch Expatriette and Haka responded to the call for help. The Warden managed to keep the inmates in check, and though all four heroes were infected, a timely Defensive Displacement (and a solid Haka of Restoration) kept the Afflicted Frenzy from wiping them out.

Total games: 302

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Omnitron U Ra and Tempest defeated Deadline in Insula Primalis

Total count 303

Sapienta potentia est

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Advanced La Captain is defeated by Expat, SS Tachyon, Scholar of the Infinite, and Grandpa Legacy at Megalopolis.

Total Games: 304

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Advanced Plague Rat is defeated by Eternal Haka, Ra, Tachyon, and Guise at Dok'Thorath.  Lots of redirection tricks with Total Beefcake and Synaptic Interuption were a highlight of the match.

Total Games: 305

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Akash'Bhuta rose from the ground, trying to wipe out the technological blight that was Omnitron IV. Why F6 AZ, Sky Scraper, DW Fixer and Fanatic wanted to stop her I have no idea. But they did.

Total Games: 306

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Santa Guise keeps showing up via random. Maybe it's because I forgot him during that big "every villain" thing. c.c Anyway, today he led Sky-Scraper, Captain Cosmic, TLT and Bunker in another advanced Citizen Dawn campaign, this time in the Dok'thorath Capital. It wasn't a good idea. :( Believe it or not, Guise made everything worse.

So then it was off to Atlantis, where Chono-Ranger, F6 Tempest and Omnitron-U took on Voss's advanced army. How do you say "it was a complete rout" in Atlantean?

But heroes never give up! How about F6 Unity, Scholar and F6 AZ fighting advanced Plague Rat in the Enclave? He got in some good hits, and the heroes were hurting, but he ended up rethinking his life choices by the end.

Baron Blade got advanced angry and tried to BOMB CHAOS. He was actually pretty good at it, and helped out Omnitron-U, Visionary and TLT on the first round. Tachyon crushed him a few rounds later for his hubris.

Then it off to the Time Cataclysm! Advanced Skinwalker versus Guise, Scholar of the Infinite, Argent Adept, Nightmist and the Wraith! Do you know, if Nightmist is in Mist Form and Oppressive Smog is out, Skinny G will slowly destroy himself on his flip side? Well, unless the Pouch of Bones is out. Nightmist can do a looot of damage to Gloomy and his army all on her lonesome, though. Sadly, it was not enough to win the day, and thus despair reigned across all of time and space, the end.

Lately, I've taken to setting up games to play out final battles from superhero movies, TV shows, etc. Today, it was Suicide Squad, starring Chrono-Ranger as Rick Flag, DW Expatriette as Deadshot, Guise as Harley Quinn, Haka as Killer Croc and Ra as El Diablo, fighting Gloomweaver (cuz I didn't feel like a Matriarch battle) in Megalopolis, because those movies are always in cities. It was a quick and easy relic victory. I can't remember the last time I got that much use out of Wrathful Gaze! Also, Suicide Squad was just kind of okay, for the record.

Total Games: 312

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Advanced Baron Blade pulls the moon into the earth with 1 HP left! The Freedom Five failed to stop his scheme at Megalopolis.

Total Games: 312

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Woops I meant Total Games: 313.

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Weekly One Shot

Total games 314

Sapienta potentia est

Powerhound_2000

Weekly one-shot

Total games: 315

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Advanced Akash'Bhuta completely dominated The Prime Wardens at Atlantis. - It got real ugly.

Total games: 316

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

That trickster Kismet tried to cause havoc in Megalopolis, but fortunately the fun police of Youngest Legacy, Captain Cosmic, F6 AZ and Mr Fixer were on hand to stop her ways.

Total Games: 317

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Weekly One-shot Mint.... Relic victory with Gimmicky Character to discard the book.

Total Games: 318

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Mint on the one-shot.

Total Games: 319

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Voss wanted the prisoners of teh block to continue his horrific experiements on, Argent Adpet, Bunker, Redeemer Fanatic and Chrono-Ranger were on hand to stop him. AA took teh bruint of the attacks ending at 7 HP, everyone else was still in the 20s!

Total Games: 320

MrLeRobot
MrLeRobot's picture
Playtester

Baron Blade, defeated on Insula Primalis by the Freedom Four! Yes, it's the intro game from the iPad version, which I just downloaded ON MA NU IPAD HUZZAH!

(While I enjoyed the digital version, I kinda prefer the analog version. I have a better grasp of what is going on... This is not the place to discuss the digital version of SotM.)

Total Games: 321

MrLeRobot...

The Burning Stickman

Some kind of karmic mishap launched Kismet into the Time Cataclysm. She tried to use the merged timelines to her advantage, but Chrono Ranger, F6 Absolute Zero, Mr. Fixer, The Scholar of the Infinite and the Argent Adept quickly and easily nicked her Talisman and knocked her right back into The Block.

Total Games: 322

Trajector
Trajector's picture

MrLeRobot wrote:

Baron Blade, defeated on Insula Primalis by the Freedom Four! Yes, it's the intro game from the iPad version, which I just downloaded ON MA NU IPAD HUZZAH!(While I enjoyed the digital version, I kinda prefer the analog version. I have a better grasp of what is going on... This is not the place to discuss the digital version of SotM.)Total Games: 321

I agree about all of that, especially the initial huzzah!

Mint and a Santa Guise unlock on the weekly one-shot: The Argent Adept, America's Greatest Legacy, and Guise desecrated all Gloomweaver's relics in the Tomb of Anubis.

Total games: 323

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

One Minty one shot later, and we're up to 324 games.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000

Two times against La Capitan with Guise, Captain Cosmic, Omnitron-X, and Absolute Zero at Dok'Thorath Capital.   Seems when you can contain the crew members the game is much more winnable

Total games: 326

Powerhound_2000

The Burning Stickman

Voss, reeling from his repeated defeats at the hands of the Earthlings, ventured back in time, hoping to find a population less able to defend itself against his armies. Unfortunately for the warlord, he was pursued to Silver Gulch, 1883 by Captain Cosmic, Fanatic and Ra, who teamed up with Sheriff Pratt to put those alien varmints down.

Total games: 327

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Deadline wins! Pike Industrial Complex seems like an odd place to start a rain of destruction but that's where Newest Legacy, Chrono-Ranger and Captain Cosmic found themselves. Unfortunately they were overwhelmed by the toxic-augmented damage Deadline put out. Given Earth has been destroyed I don't know how you are reading this!

Total Games: 328

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Someone else should play a game as I am just destroying Earths left and right.

Progeny dealt 9 points of damage to every hero in its first turn, and things did not get better from there. SS Tachyon, Newest Legacy, Beardy Ra and Sky Scraper all fell in Silver Gultch. Exploding wagons did not help.

Total Games: 329

Powerhound_2000

Skinwalker Gloomweaver was defeated at Silver Gulch by a team of DW Fixer, Visionary, Absolute Zero, Fanatic, and F6 Wraith.  Though really Visionary was more of an observer as she was taken out quickly and her incap powers were not helpful.  

total games: 330

The Burning Stickman

A combination of vats (and an early Gene-Bound Guard) made Voss's troops and their incursion into the Pike Industrial complex a rough start for Greatest Legacy, Fanatic, DW Expatriette and Scholar of the Infinite, and for a while it seemed the heroes would be outnumbered and overwhelmed. Fortunately, GL was able to help Expatriette Aim, Inspired the team with his Presence, and the toxic vats boosted all damage, with no explosions, even. A long, but not difficult, victory (and Flawless, at that).

Total Games: 331

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Ambuscade got the bright idea to try hunting the rarest of game, the Endlings! Fortunately, Unity, Omnitron-X, Expatriette, and Tachyon made short work of him.

As the heroes returned to Earth, Omnitron-I coopted his nemesis' temporal displacement manifold and traveled back to Silver Gulch to kill all Wild West humans! Tachyon, Bunker, and Absolute Zero were not able to destroy him.

Total games: 333

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Wraith, Tachyon, Unity, and Omnitron-U were crowd favorites at Insula Primalis.  Then suddenly the Fickle Fans turned on them for no reason so Kaagra defeated them 20-14.

Total games: 334

Pages