The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

1000 Games of SotM

706 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kratos13

F6 Tachyon, Chrono Ranger, Captain Cosmic, The Scholar and Nightmist defeated Omnitron in the Time Cataclysm

Total games: 119

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Bomber Blade fell to Unity, Sky, F6 Absolute Zero, Young Legacy, and DW NightMist at Rook City.

Total Games:119

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Make that 120.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Omnitron fell in insula Primalis, but it was a close thing. F6 Wraith, Chrono, Unity and Santa Guise saved Christmas (and the world).

Total Games: 121

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Eternal haka showed he could still RAMPAGE!! with the best of them, making Ambuscade take himself out with Charged Attacks. Captain Cosmic, F6 Wraith and Tachyon also happened to be in Rook City at the time.

Total Games: 122

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The Ennead tried but did not prevail against Visionary, Ra, Scholar, and Captain Cosmic at Wagner Mars Base.   Scholar did go down due to an ill timed Alchemical Redirection play from Set but the team still got through.  

Total games: 123

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Cosmic Omnitron defeated by Sacrifice Tempest, Chrono-Ranger, Expat, and Ra at Ruins of Atlantis

Total Games: 123

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Make that 124.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Gloomweaver defeated by Horus Ra, AA, SS Tachyon, and F6 Bunker at Silver Gulch.

Total Games: 125

Powerhound_2000

Matriarch defeated by Mr Fixer, Captain Cosmic, Beardy Ra, and Chrono Ranger at the Block

Total games: 126

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

fabikw

Argent Adept, Unity, Tachyon, Sky Skraper and The Scholar defeated Voss in the Time Cataclysm.

Total Games: 127

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Voss tried to invade all points at the same time, thanks to the cracks in reality from the Time Cataclysm. Fortunately F6 Tachyon, Scholar of the Infinite, RC Wraith and F6 AZ defeated the invading army, even discovering new bugs while doing it!

Total Games: 128

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Legacy, Visionary, Tempest, and Unity unlocked Cosmic Omnitron in the Time Cataclysm.

Then Legacy, Tachyon, Omnitron-X, and Unity made three flailing attempts to unlock Omnitron-U in various locations.

Total games: 132

Powerhound_2000

What was left of Rook City was saved by Legacy, Unity, Ra, Chrono Ranger, and Super Scientific Tachyon from Akash'Bhuta.  I really feel like the randomizer likes giving me Chrono Ranger a lot.   

Total games: 133

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Ambuscade could not hide from the heroes, not even in Megalopolis! Bunker, Santa Guise, Young Legacy, O-X and The Scholar won the 134 game of hide and seek.

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Young Legacy TL Tachyon Wraith defeated Agent of gloom Spite in Pike

Legacy Fanatic Omnitron Tempest Chrono Ranger beat the Skinwalker in the Realm of Dicord

Total games 136

Sapienta potentia est

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I don't think we're gonna hit 1000 before GenCon's done. But it'll be interesting to see how long it takes...

In the biggest upset ever, Chrono-Ranger, Freedom Six Tempest, Dark Watch Expatriette and Eternal Haka took the Chairman down, and I mean downtown, in the Final Wasteland, no Unforgiving Wasteland needed! That impossible challenge taught me something, it seems!

Try as they might, Argent Adept, Dark Visionary, Youngest Legacy and Bunker could not repel Miss Information's assault on Insula Primalis.

Mr. Fixer, Redeemer Fanatic and Visionary fell to Kaargra Warfang and her Gladiators at Megalopolis, no points necessary.

Grand Warlord Voss crumbled like a house of cards before the mighty onslaught of Legacy, Haka, Tempest and the Wraith. Hilariously, Omnitron-IV's Defense Grid would have taken him out, if not for a just-played Mega Computer.

Ra: Horus of Two Horizons and Dark Watch Nightmist were able to keep the Scholar alive through the game from hell: versus Skinwalker Gloomweaver at Pike Industral Plant, for at least a solid hour.

To add insult to injury, after banishing Gloomweaver from this plane of existence, Ra and the Scholar of the Infinite dragged Unity to the Realm of Discord to kick his butt again and leave him there for keeps.

Freedom Six Unity, Expatriette, America's Greatest Legacy, Rook City Wraith and Super Scientific Tachyon took on seven of the Ennead in the Ruins of Atlantis. Tachyon finished things by bouncing a Sonic Vortex off herself to hit Geb twice. :D

G.I. Bunker, Freedom Six Wraith, Omnitron-X and Tachyon learned it is not a good idea to face the Dreamer in Silver Gulch because she kills everything. :(

Captain Cosmic, Dark Watch Mister Fixer, Fanatic and Super Scientific Tachyon taught Deadline that (destroying) time (Cataclysm) doesn't pay. :V

Total Games: 145

I had nothing to do today but play Sentinels, why do you ask? :B

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yea, I don't think we will make it before Gen Con is over, since I think it is over already. Let's see how long it takes!

Also, I wanted to say that I really like the little summaries. Very fun to read. Thanks for that!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000

The Dreamer conjured up memories of multiple Dark Heroes and Tooth Fairies when trying to rouse her and it meant the end for the heroes who were taking extra damage and had no cards.  

Total games: 146

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

The Scholar and Guise were in Megalopolis, getting a hotdog and/or contemplating their places in the universe when Baron Blade attacked. Legacy and Tempest called off their fishing trip (catch and release -- Tempest was there to reassure the fish) to assist, and knocked the mad doctor back on his heels.

The Scholar and Tempest then went to Insula Primalis, intent on a nice camping trip, when Akash'Bhuta rose up. Out of nowhere popped the Chrono Ranger, and the three of them took her down with relative ease (turns out Chrono Ranger really loves Obsidian Fields. All three of them.)

Total Games: 148

Powerhound_2000

Guise, Scholar, Wraith, and GI Bunker defeated Iron Legacy in Insula Primalis.   Only Wraith was left standing at 1 HP 

Total games: 149

Powerhound_2000

DW Expat, Omnitron-X, Chrono Ranger, Super Scientific Tachyon, and Guise found Kaargra Warfang and her Colosseum in the Final Wasteland.   They proceeded to beat the Gladiators in front of New Jersey Devils and Horrid Skunk Apes

Total games: 150

The Burning Stickman

I choose to believe you are referring to Martin Brodeur, Scott Stevens and Ken Daneyko.

I will for now refrain from suggesting the Horrid Skunk Apes are the players or fans of the Devils' rival teams.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Cosmic Omnitron fell to Legacy, Omni-X, Unity, and Wraith in the Time Cataclysm.

Then, Haka, Captain Cosmic, Unity, and Ra caught Ambuscade despite REPEATED attempts to vanish in the Enclave of endlings.

I unlocked Omnitron-U!

Total games: 152

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Freedom Six Tachyon, Ra and Freedom Six Tempest were not enough to stop the Citizens of the Sun from plundering the Tomb of Anubis.

America's Greatest Legacy, Scholar, Mister Fixer and Chrono-Ranger just kicked the everloving crap out of Wagner Master at Wager Mars Base. I mean, all he had were wagelings and the one condition you can straight-up ignore if nothing's face-down, and every time he'd pull out something that made us hit ourselves? Meteor Swarm. I've never had a more straightforward game against that little blue nincompoop!

Argent Adept, Tempest and Sky-Scraper were actually able to slog through Spite in Rook City, thanks to a timely sacrifice (and 28-point Retribution) from Redeemer Fanatic.

Visionary, Guise, Dark Watch Nightmist and Elemental Wrath Absolute Zero did not have nearly as good a time against Spite: Agent of Gloom at the Block, however. (Go figure; flip around the environment dial, and he's easier in the hardest one out there!) I did find a cool new bug, at least!

Though Dark Visionary, Dark Watch Expatriette and Ra (Horus of Not One but Two Horizons) fell, America's Youngest Legacy was able to hold on to the last minute and save Dok'thorath from a rat invasion. (How the heck did he get there, anyway?)

Legacy, Omnitron-X and Tachyon routed Kismet at the Enclave of the Endlings.

It was a rocky fight, but Freedom Six Wraith, Bunker and the Scholar of the Infinite took down Infinitor in the Final Wasteland. (Good combos for the savvy Sentinel: Smoke Bombs + Flesh to Iron; Adhesive Grenade + Ancient Library and/or Con's Bunker)

Total Games: 159

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Try as they might, Eternal Haka, Nightmist and Freedom Six Unity couldn't save Heroic Infinitor from himself. Of course, they also couldn't save him from Insula Primalis... (I've always wanted to beat him on his flip side!)

La Capitan sailed into Megalopolis, and Omnitron-U, Absolute Zero, Expatriette, Engine of War Bunker and the Wraith sailed all over her face. (I'm so not used to playing her on standard...)

G.I. Bunker, Haka, Unity and Rook City Wraith could not withstand Apostate's lies. I blame Omnitron-IV.

Omnitron-X, Sky-Scraper and Dark Watch Expatriette worked like a dream to take down Ambuscade at the Pike Industrial Plant.

Captain Cosmic, Argent Adept, G.I. Bunker, Mister Fixer and Unity fell to the living rockslides of Akash'Bhuta in the Realm of Discord. :(

It was close, but even Omnitron-U's trickery couldn't stop his Cosmic counterpart from running roughshod over the Eternal Haka, Nightmist and Tempest in the Ruins of Atlantis.

Traveling back in time seemed to do the trick, though, as Dark Watch Mister Fixer, Freedom Six Tachyon, Expatriette and Absolute Zero made short work of prime Omnitron in Silver Gulch.

Madman Blade tried to blow up time (cataclysm)! He was bad at it. Dark Watch Nightmist, Elemental Wrath Absolute Zero, Rook City Wraith and the Scholar taught him you can't really do that anyway.

And lastly, Legacy, Freedom Six Unity, Dark Visionary and Haka made milksmeat of Baron Blade as he was up to his old tricks in the Tomb of Anubis. Thus endeth my little challenge! (You know, I totally forgot about Santa Guise...) But of course, I have plenty of time to play more games, so it's back to advanced...

Captain Cosmic, Argent Adept, Visionary, Absolute Zero and the Scholar of the Infinite succumbed to Plague Rat's infection in Insula Primalis. (No, but imagine the Scholar, partially a rat, made entirely of metal, being chased by dinosaurs while swinging around a sword made of light that has two more light swords attached to it and that was the game.)

Unity, Scholar of the Infinite, Omnitron-X, Expatriette and Young Legacy lost 20-9 against Kaargra on Omnitron-IV.

Though most of them were down by the end, Tempest, Eternal Haka, Captain Cosmic, Fanatic and Omnitron-U scraped to a victory against Deadline in the Block.

Revenge against Cosmotron was not to be had. Guise, Omnitron-U, Engine of War Bunker and Sky-Scraper fell at the Tomb of Anubis.

Total Games: 172

Powerhound_2000

Sky-Scraper, Absolute Zero, DW Nightmist, Scholar, and Beardy Ra found themselves on vacation in Dok'Thorath Capital.  This proved bad luck for Kismet who went down.  

total games: 173

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

The Weekly One-shot.

Total Games: 174

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Freedom might not be free, but it's pretty darn cheap!

Total Games: 175

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Capt. Cosmic, F6 Ab. Zero, NightMist, Omnitron-X, and Unity defeated Omnitron Classic at the Enclave of the Endlings.

Total Games: 176

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Two attempts at the Weekly One-Shot.

Total Games: 178

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Scholar of the Infinite, Sky-Skraper. Guise and Super-Scientific Tachyon vs Apostate in megalopolis

WIN

Total Games: 179

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

The Burning Stickman

The Ennead were up to trouble at Pike Industrial, but, sensing trouble, the Argent Adept, the Scholar and Haka were on hand, joined by Chrono Ranger, who had Golem Unity tagging along, presumably as a vacation from her bad future. It was a close one, with Unity nearly succumbing to her own powers, but in the end Set's incapacitated flailing was the Ennead's undoing, as he kicked off a Vernal Sonata that let the rest of the team clobber Nephtis while Chrono Ranger collected the bounty on The Whole Gang to bring in Shu.

Total Games: 180

The Burning Stickman

The Chrono Ranger, Dark Visionary and Omnitron-X found themselves time displaced. They thought perhaps they ended up in the prehistoric era, until Akash'Bhuta arose and they realized they were in Insula Primalis. The chaos bringer nearly brought them down, and Chrono Ranger found himself out-hunted, but a timely volcanic eruption brought Akash down before she could finish off the heroes.

(This also marks perhaps the first time I've ever intentionally destroyed an Obsidian Field. Usually I keep them out there because the buff's worth the extra hurt, but she had a couple rounds where I just couldn't get rid of her limbs fast enough and the +1 would've eventually done me in.)

Total Games: 181

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Kaarga Warfang challenged my team in Pike Industrial. 

Sky-Skraper, Redeemer Fanatic, Mr. Fixer, and Omnitron-U utterly destroyed her!

final healths (29, 29, 28, 23).

I had a hard time believing Mr. Fixer is great against her. Jack handle for the win. Living Weapon, Champion, and The Seeker?

20 - 12 Favor. Only reason they got 12, the fans were fickle.   

Total Games: 182

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Haka Ra and Tempest defeated Miss Information in Time Cataclysm

Total games 183

Sapienta potentia est

The Burning Stickman

The Ennead were up to no good, trying to break out of The Block -- even causing a riot in their attempt to escape. Sky Scraper, Nightmist, Absolute Zero and Unity were called in, and while it was a close one -- AZ nearly taking himself out along with Shu -- the heroes were victorious.

Total games: 184

Raccoonoo
Raccoonoo's picture

I dusted off Villains today and played a few solo rounds. It was fun!

The team of Parse, Ra, and KNYFE faced off saved the Earth from final judgement in the Celestial Tribunal by beating down Sergeant Steel, Greazer, and Plague Rat.

Baron Blade, Citizens Hammer and Anvil, and Proletariat wreaked their vengeance upon Legacy, Tachyon, and Tempest in Megalopolis

Biomancer, La Capitain, and Miss Information were no match for the combined might of Legacy, The Wraith, and Ra, and were promptly ejected from Freedom Tower

Total Games: 187

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Hey, GenCon's over, we're back home! You all lost.

But I can help maybe. I played, in total, at GenCon:

Wednesday Night I ran a block of the games, where I helped run three tables, these being the results: Ra, Legacy, Captain Cosmic and Tempest vs. Kaargra Warfang at the Celestial Tribunal, barely won. The Hunted Naturalist, Parse, The Adamant Sentinels, SS Tachyon vs Deadline at Insula Primalis, handily won. Bunker, Wraith, Absolute Zero, Unity vs. Miss Information at the Block: lost badly. Kvothe Argent Adept, BoT Chrono, Omnitron-U and Eternal Haka vs. La Capitan in the Time Cataclysm, barely victorious. DW Ex-Patriette, DW Mr. Fixer, DW Nightmist, DW Setback vs. Plague Rat in Rook City: environment and Mr. Fixer made sure they lost and badly. Apostate in the Court of Blood vs. Dark Visionary, PW Fanatic, The Scholar and Guise, lost badly, in which I learned that vampires + relics are terrifying in how they spiral out of control without sufficient environment destruction. Fanatic, though also dead, was MVP. Progeny at Wagners Mars Base vs. KNYFE, Young Legacy, Sky-Scraper. Surprisingly handy victory, lots of damage and boosting made for a brisk game. Total: 7

Mobile release: Weekly One-Shot (last week), and three other Randoms. I forget the specifics. They were just to keep myself busy while the internet sucked at GenCon. Total: 4

Phantaskippy, some rando con-goer and I demo'd (it was a full game though) SotM with the following set up in about five minutes: BB at Insula Primalis vs. Haka, Fanatic and Ra: Total: 1.

I demo'd SotM a surprising seven times in a four hour block of a work shift, with the same set up: Total: 7

I played in an OblivAeon demo, wherein we lost to the Demo Three Hours Clock, with the following crew: Argent Adept (Omnitron X), Legacy (Tachyon), Ex-Patriette (Mr. Fixer), Haka (Unity). You get a backup hero, btw. We played in The Block and Ruins of Atlantis (with Enclave, Insula Primalis and Pike Industrial Complex up on deck). Total: 1?

I also ran the game one night for a friend, wherein I decided to see if I could try Apostate in the Court of Blood and _actually win_. This time we had The Sentinels, Ex-Patriette, Captain Cosmic as the team. We won, thanks only to the Apostate Apocalypseing the environment twice, with our highest - of six heroes - being at 3 HP. Half the Sentinels were dead. It was horrifying. Total: 1.

Grand Total: 21.

Running Total: 208

I played the new Weekly this morning if we're going past GenCon. Total: 1

Running Total: 209

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

eviltoon wrote:

You all lost.

Not sure how you lose when you are playing SotM. smiley

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Pydro wrote:
eviltoon wrote:
You all lost.

Not sure how you lose when you are playing SotM. smiley

It's when all your heroes are incapped. I think I might have found a rule you were playing wrong Pydro...

Trajector
Trajector's picture

From yesterday:

Mint!

Ra and friends defeated the Ennead, twice!

Then I lost to Grand Warlord Voss when the Thorathian army overrode Megalopolis.

Total games: 213

Powerhound_2000

Young Legacy, Omnitron-U, Nightmist, and Guise defeated the gladiators Kaargra threw at them at Wagner Mars Base.   Even with weapon caches the Gladiators found wasn't enough.  

Total games: 214

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Freedom Six Wraith, Horus Ra and Sky-Scraper travelled back to Silver Gulch to kick Ambuscade's derriere!

Ra, the Scholar and Santa Guise faced the Ennead in the Ruins of Atlantis. It was a fantastic match, they took out six of the Ennead (Ra took out two on a single card-flip round), and Guise made everyone look good. Unfortunately, with the amount of card loss, the heroes couldn't hold out in the end, and eventually fell.

Total games: 216

Powerhound_2000

Citizen Dawn went down in the Final Wasteland against Nightmist, Argent Adept, DW Fixer, and Omnitron-U

Total games: 217

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Legacy, Chrono-Ranger, Tempest, and Visionary battled Gloomweaver in the Realm of Discord, in an attempt to unlock Visionary's dark powers. This team was so good at locking down the demonic god that they had to try twice!

Total games: 219

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Golem Unity, Fanatic, Haka, AA, and Sky-scraper defeated Skinwalker Gloomweaver in Wagner Mars Base.

Total Games: 220

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Oh no! The people of Dok'Thorath were too busy fighting and didn't read the T&Cs they were clicking on when they installed their new weapons software, Omnitron lives again! Fortunately the crack legal team of F.6. Dalton, Long, D.W. Walker and Brooks were on the scene to clean up the mess. The Citizens were so grateful that they offered the heroes shelter in their HQ when their Freedom Fighters were out rioting, something that is so rare it needs commenting on!

Total Games: 221

Animus
Animus's picture
Playtester

Weekly One Shot.

Total Games: 222

Powerhound_2000

Guise and Argent Adept threw a concert at Omnitron IV interrupted by Ambuscace which angered Eternal Haka and Beardy Ra so they beat him to a pulp.

Total games:223

Pages