The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

My Turn 2!!!

374 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
My Turn 2!!!

We finally fuinished 1000 games of SotM! Yay!!! Time for another big event: My Turn 2!!! This even is a sequel to My Turn!!! with all the current content. The goal of this event is to have every version of every hero win a game against every version of every villain. Simple!!! When you win a match, post the results in this thread and add you names to the spreadsheet in the appropriate cells. That's it.

PS If you name is too long, try not to have it wrap around, so the size of the cells changes. I like the look of consistency.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I don't think I was around for the last one, and I had to drop off from the 1000 games. I'm excited to join in on this! 

Rogue Agent Knyfe, Standard Sentinels, and Horus Ra took Apostate (in the Enclave) down rather easily. As much as I am apt to forget her KNYFE can really rack up the damage under the right circumstances. Imbued Fire took away her melee and energy bonuses, but allowed for a strong turn with Battlefield Experience and Incidnetal Contact, before a telekentic jab took him out. 

(It looks like Apostate isn't in the doc yet) 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I was also missing The Sentinels. Both are in, and I put your name in.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Also, if I am not around to fix a mistake, please feel free to do it for me.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Thank you kindly. I do not always trust in my ability to preserve visual appeal so I thought it'd be best if I didn't intiate column and row moves. 

Mr. Fixer, Price of Freedom Wraith, GI Bunker, Captain Cosmic, and Scholar of the Infinite had a fine time beating advanced Ambuscade on Mars. Fixer had to spend a few turns dealing with a meteor storm (with his Tire Iron, obviously, right tool for the right job,) but GI Bunker highlighted the flaws in Ambuscade's weaponry, while Cosmic bolstered Mr. Of The Infinite with enough Vitality Conduits to make a large scale healing cannon. 

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Ooh, looks like fun!

Started off with a simple game-- Freedom Five vs. Baron Blade in Insula Primalis.

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

The Freedom Five (F5 Variants) took down Advanced Plague Rat in the Realm of Discord.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

After a rough start Visionary, Tachyon, DW Nightmist, Greatest Legacy, and Sky-Scraper managed a sound defeat of the Thorathian fleet when it came to Megalopolis. They were slow to get going offensively and indulged in flashy, but inefficient, moves like Wresting the Mind of a Psy-Weaver. Once Tachyon got Gung-Ho about her Research Grant they buckled down and got to work. 

fabikw

Really easy game: Haka, Guise, Fanatic, Unity and PoF Wraith against Gloomweaver in Pike. Just pummeled gloomy to death (way before the third relic appeared). 

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Had a surprisingly close, but ultimately victorious, game against Advanced Gloomweaver in the Block with Sky-Scraper, Team Leader Tachyon, Unity, and Dark Watch Setback. Relics didn't come out so the Melee and Projectile immunity limited our combat options except for when Sky-Scraper decided to go huge (which hurt Unity.) Notable for an awesome turn that saw two Undetectable Relinking's played that had a Lock Down and double Aggresion Modulator boosted Warden attack Gloomweaver with the Compulsion Cannister, before two cannisters were reassigned so Gloomy hit himself and took out some of his pins. 

Ended the game with something like seven links on Gloomweaver (two cannisters, two resonators, two hyperstimulators, and a debilitator,) which made me wish I was playing Extremist Sky-Scraper. 

Outside of Setback everyone had less than eight HP in a rare compeititve game with the Demon Lord incarnate himself. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Scholar of the Infinite, Parse, Tempest, and Team Leader Tachyon fought Advanced Matriarch in Madame Mittermeyers'.  Did well with Scholar and Tempest making sure that all the birds blew up harmlessly until she flipped and Hugin and Munin were killable, then some strategic moves by Scholar and Tachyon did the same until she had one bad turn when she got only two birds, and the whole team dunked on her for about 100 damage.  Parse was also critical for canceling nearly all her ongoing destruction.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Toittaly. Everyone. Add these games to the Statistics Project. Please!!!

That way, we can get rid of all the 0's that show up with Mind Wander's wonderful new statistics results page

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I"ll ask you the same thing I asked lynxfox: How do you want games with Completionist Guise reported? Is it the variant in play that matters, the one you start with, all of them?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Certainly not all of them. Making a judgement call about which one you used the most, or which was the most critical, should be avoided. Either the one you started with our the one you ended with would be the least ambiguous, and I think the starting one would get the most consistency in reporting.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

My Freedom Five F5-tornado plowed through their next three villains -- Challenge Matriarch in Megalopolis, Advanced Challenge Chairman at Mme. Mittermeier's, and Advanced Challenge Ambuscade at the Court of Blood.

... Is it too late to nerf these guys? 12 games, eight of which were Advanced Challenges, and I've had a grand total of 1 incapped hero the whole time.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

MindWanderer wrote:

Certainly not all of them. Making a judgement call about which one you used the most, or which was the most critical, should be avoided. Either the one you started with our the one you ended with would be the least ambiguous, and I think the starting one would get the most consistency in reporting.

This.

Honestly im thinking about eventually asking you (MindWanderer) if it be possible to remove his data from the results, or seperate them out. For now however, he has like one or two games, even after tjis challenge is done hell have at most 45? Nonwhere near enough to really affect the other heroes results.

First just is the way to go.

Lynkfox.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

So I think I get how this works.

Last night's Ennead match was in the realm of Discord, against plain-jane Ra, Scholar, Xtreme Haka and Termination Unity. Die Hard gave me a newfound appreciation for Haka. :D It was a fairly lengthy game, and we had to kick the butts of six of the Ennead by the end!

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Guise, Freedom Six Tempest, Visionary, Greatest Legacy, and Ra tracked down Apostate who was starting to dabble in technomancy through Omnitron-IV. Neither the demon nor the environment let up throughout the game but ultimately some clever plays by Guise (making use of Greatest Legacy's power to play even more cards through Selling Out,) and a late game Brain Burn sacrifice from Visionary (to eliminate the harm of a Relic Spirit which was about to be taken out by the security systems,) managed to defeat him and keep the multiverse safe for now.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Alright, gone through the Freedom Five playing all the core villains. Now that I've got that one out of my system, time to do random on the video game! :D

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Two random questions now that I think about it:

- Anybody interested in doing some online multiplayer to work through some of these?

- I'm not good with spreadsheets, but I'd love to see a running total of how many variants each player has contributed to the grand total. Is there an easy way to do this?

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I'd be up for multiplayer, though I have a weird schedule. 

I palyed a team that I never had before and they worked amazingly well with each other: Captain Cosmic, Expatriette, and Setback against Akash in The Final Wasteland. An early Augmented Ally and Surprising Fortune let Setback build his and Expatriette's hands so they both got set up quickly. By Mid-game they settled into a very powerful Double Dynamic Siphon and Augmented Ally on Expat with triple Defensive Bracer and Augmented Ally on Setback, which let Setback give Expat the cards she needed to always aim at the beginning of her turn, and let him ignore the damage he was doing to himself from Looking Up. Whenever Skunk Apes would come into play they'd let Expat get another Aim and fire off Pride and Prejudice again. At one point I managed to get four aim effects at once and unloaded on limbs. Cosmic had his hands full supplying Expat and Setback with everything they needed, and even with Akash's numerous card plays they were unstoppable.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

bobbertoriley wrote:

I'm not good with spreadsheets, but I'd love to see a running total of how many variants each player has contributed to the grand total. Is there an easy way to do this?

Shouldn't be a problem, I think I had something like that for the first My Turn!!!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Added a second sheet with that info.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Argent, Sky Scraper, Fanatic, Unity and Wraith took on Miss information in the Time Cat

A combination of Divine Focus, Thorathian Monolith, and a barrage of stun bolts kept her from doing much damage until it was too late for her

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

And after a second game:

Dawn decided to invade the Temple of Zhu Long, however three heros: The Argent Adept, Omnitron-U, and Captain Cosmic thwarted her nefarious plot to team up with Zhu Long

Omnitron had a syncapated onslaught boost, and a syphon. Which let him use his power 3 times. Then dawn played a Devastating Aurora while he had about 6 or 7 cards out, causing the devastation to be thrown right back at her

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I never expect to lose against Chokepoint, but I enjoy the experience of playing her. This match was the second closest I've come to a defeat in recent memory, with Termination taking her on in Silver Gulch. 

In the final round Unity was incapped, Bunker had one HP, and Absolute Zero was sitting at six with Violent Shivers in effect (no matter what he was going to incap next round thanks to double explosive wagons.) On Unity's turn Bunker managed to put Turret Mode into play and squeeze off a shot with his Explosive Launcher leaving Chokepoint with one hp. My best hope was for the environment to take her out, and there were plenty of options to do so, one unstable portal later Bunker and Absolute Zero are helping Unity back to the present. 

I know a lot of people get down on Chokepoint for not being deadly, and I do wish she were more of a challenge, but I like how she forces you to make due with limited set-ups (especially on Advanced.) This game was an excellent example of that where AZ never kept both modules for long, Bunker started starving for cards, and Unity never had more than two golems out at a time, but they were still effective and felt like they were fighting on despite immense setbacks. Whenever Bunker lost his Flak Cannon he resorted to his Grenade Launcher. All the raptor bots gone? Find a way to destory that Bee Bot and we can keep moving. It felt like improvisational fighting at its best.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm hoping once a challenge mode is made for Chokepoint it'll make her more threatening by having her regularly damage all heroes to take more advantage of her flipped side.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Gloomweaver Decided to invade Magmaria for his relics. Fortunatley, thanks to the X-TREME prime wardens, he was thwarted dead in his tracks

They work together pretty well. Once Fanatic got out a Sacrosanct Martyr and a Divine Focus, everything started going really well. Argent kept using his power on her, giving her a lot of play power and damage

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

A challenge mode for Chokepoint would be excellent. Or an alternate win condition based on the number of cards in front of her. 

No one has posted any Vengenance games yet so I took the liberty of the reenacting the Venegeful Five's assault on Freedom Tower to defeat the Freedom Five (with the team variants.) 

Boy do both teams work well together. Despite a round of Heroic Interception and Take Down the heroes were given no break thanks to Old Tricks-New Allies which pitted the heroes against many nemeses. Surprisingly both Friction and Tachyon got off to a slow start: all of the goggles, lightspeed barrages, and Pushing the Limits were at the top of the deck, thankfully Constant Prattle and Clandestine Funding were there to quickly dig Meredith out of it.

The end of the match was beautiful in the teamwork: Legacy used Overwatch to let Tachyon play Sonic Vortex which cleared the remaining four or so non-character targets, took out Ermine, leaving only Proletariat and the Good Baron himself. Bunker fired off his Grenade Launcher then used his Tactical Uplink to let Absolute Zero Hoarfire to his limits (burning himself down to 3 hp,) before Wraith methodically put the Russian and Lithuanian out of commision.  

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

The Freedom Five then traveled to a Mobile Defense Platform to clear out any stragglers. Advanced Challenge Akash'Bhuta tried to take this as an opportunity to kill two (five?) birds with one stone. "She failed" is putting it lightly.

She might be immune to her own damage, she might be immune to the environment, but she sure isn't immune to Wraith's Combat Stance punching her in the face for exact lethal.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I just realized that a single villain game nets you H cells, while a team villian game nets you H^2 cells, so I separated them on the leaderboard.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I assume incaps count as a win so long as the team wins, yes?

Cuz I got a win against Akash'Bhuta in the Court of Blood with Setback, the Scholar, Termi-Nation Bunker and incapped PW Fanatic. That was a fun game. :)

The real kicker was introducing my mom to Spite. She played Haka and the Scholar, I was Fixer, KNYFE and Ra, and only Fixer and the Scholar made it through, but by crum, we won. (I blame her ridiculous beginner's luck; I hadn't shuffled the deck very well from a previous game against AoG Spite and all the Drugs were on top. <.<) Scholar did the defending, Fixer did the damage, it was great!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

As long as you win, all heroes can be checked off, even if they are incapped.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

It takes a long time to input the data for Vengenance games. 

After Apostate's failure with Omnitron he thought he might go more traditional dark and creepy and therefore invaded Madame Mittermier's Carnival (CFF, etc.) Luckily a stalwart team of Best of Times Chrono, Prime Wardens Tempest, Ra: Setting Sun, Fugue State Parse, and Adamant Sentinels were there to oppose him. 

This was one of my more interesting fights with Apostate (and I tend to fight Apostate a lot, he's challenging but easy on destruction,) the first round saw Hall of Mirrors come into play which changed my strategy up considerably: Parse doesn't want to discard because the Critical Multiplier will backfire, Ra doesn't have his damaging one-shots so he spends turns building up and making people immune to fire damage that never comes, without Sentinel Tactics the Sentinels are left hunkering down and healing for fear the Idealist will turn on them with all of her specific Villain damage. Those few rounds were full of interesting plays that would usually be second-choice decisions for me. 

At 2 HP remaining Apostate plays a Profane Summons in a game that so far only saw Condemnation, The Peripet, and one Gauntlet, not a big deal right? This is why we keep Buffer Overflows around, I'll just discard it, and wait, shoot he had a second Profane Summons under the first!? He is a devious one. 

Because of that this match became one of the handful of times I've seen Apostate flip, but even so he was dead before he got to act again.

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

The Freedom Five brought down Advanced Challenge Gloomweaver in the Realm of Discord. I was a little surprised the game ended before the flip despite my Infrared Eyepiece-ing Relics to the top of Gloomy's deck whenever possible (and, later, two rounds of Time Flies giving him extra plays). F5 AZ was the star of the show, of course, being able to set up both Impales and a Cold Snap by the end of his third turn. Freedom Five "Immune to Infernal" Legacy played second fiddle.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

GI Bunker led a motley crew of Guise, Scholar, Young Legacy, and Freedom Six Absolute Zero against Infinitor in Insula Primalis. They struggled through a close match that saw Legacy fall in the final rounds, Infitor showed me why he has that name as he brought wave after wave of manifestations to bear against the heroes. This game is doubly notable in that it is the first I've played in which Bunker got no gun (used Panzer Buster the entire game,) and Scholar put out no forms (indeed he only played one-shots.) Guise (and his ability to copy Ammo Drop,) saved the day by weakening the majority of manifestations (Barbarian/Blatant Reference,) before Absolute Zero sacrificed his own Coolant Blast in a fueled freeze. Very fun, very tight match.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Made myself a little randomizer, and the test game rolled me Scholar, Young Legacy, Omnitron-X, KNYFE Rogue Agent and the Adamant Sentinels against Baron Blade in Omnitron-IV. The game was over almost before it began, I felt sorry for Blade.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I hope I don't start flooding this thread, too. ._.

After an aborted Vengeance game, we took our frustrations out on Apostate in Silver Gulch. PW Haka, KNYFE, Tempest and Hunted Naturalist kicked the crap out of him in record time, poor sap.

Then we had a good game against the Ennead in the Tomb of Anubis: TN Absolute Zero, Completionist Guise, Tempest and standard Naturalist. It was a nice, clean fight against five of the Ennead. Also, Completionist Guise and Absolute Zero need to get married, that's how much they love each other. :V

Also, I want to mention Xtreme Tempest is listed in the spreadsheet as Sacrifice, instead of F6. :B Not a big deal.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Actually, the spread was taken straight from the wiki, so it might be good to change or mention it there.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pydro wrote:

Actually, the spread was taken straight from the wiki, so it might be good to change or mention it there.

wtf. why is that Sacrifice still there? That was left over from when I was copying and pasting to make that table.... fixing it now.

Lynkfox.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Had two games tonight trying to get my dad into Sentinels. Again. He played Ra both times and got the final blow both times, and I don't think he had the least idea what he was doing at any point in the game. c.c

But the first was a blessedly flipless fight against Ambuscade in Insula, with Tempest, Bunker, Ra and Fanatic. The second was a ridiculously long game against Blade in Megalopolis with the Scholar, the Sentinels, Ra and KNYFE. KNYFE found herself unexpectedly on environment cleanup, while the Sentinels ran around like proverbial chickens. It was actually pretty close.

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

Setting Sun Ra, Rook City Wraith, Dark Conductor Argent Adept, Hunted Naturalist, and Expatriette defeated Advanced Ennead in Magmaria.

Setting Sun Ra is scary effective if he builds up a little before he starts to Blaze himself away. (Flesh + Staff + Imbued + discard fodder, half of which was provided by AA)

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Decided to go for another Nemesis Vengenance match with Freedom Five Bunker, the Hunted Naturalist, Dark Watch Fixer, Best of Times Chrono, and Nightmist fighting Miss Information, Ambuscade, The Operative, La Capitan, and Bugbear in the Court of Blood. 

It was another match of scarcity as Fixer never had more than one tool (no styles,) and Chrono didn't get an equipment out until his last turn. 

The match started off strong as Ambuscade pulled out the entire Sinister Six out on his first turn so they were not only contending with their combined effects, but also trying to defeat Ambuscade before his deck shuffled and they had to face them all over again (they were successful.) 

An early Heedless Lash put Nightmist in Mist Form for most of the game, but that let them ignore Bugbear and the Court for the most part. The Court helped in the final rounds of the game actually as Unhallowed Halls eliminated Bugbear's healing from concern. Mistformed Nightmist still got to help out though through FVBunker's excellent tactical advice (Jackhandle and Oblivion were the only things that allowed the team to deal with the Sinister Six as quickly as they did.) 

The Operative incapped Fixer in the final round, but Iadio Practioner was destroyed so it was only a moral victory. Chronoranger almost made it to the end, but Nightmist decided to pop out of Mistform to Oblivion everything around her (boosted by Unhallowed Halls,) 

Naturalist was a workhorse. Mistform eliminated the need for Rhino and he didn't get good gazelle cards, so he stayed in Crocodile for the entirety and took out targets as needed.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Fusion Cosmic, Chrono-Ranger, and Santa Guise all decided to pay the Mars Base a visit, when suddenly they were attacked by Sergent Steel, Friction, and Miss Information.

In the end, a devastating Construct Cataclysm ended up killing Steel, and crippling Friction to the point of dying to Chrono. After a guise turn, Miss Info was herting, and Chrono got the kill as Cosmic majestically ended up dying to his constructs.

-Shigeru Miyamoto

thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

Dark Conductor Argent Adept, Rogue Agent KNYFE, Unity, Greatest Legacy, and Santa Guise took down Advanced Apostate at the Court of Blood.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Omnitron-U, Visionary Unleashed, and Extremest Sky-Scraper mopped the floor with Skinweaver in the Block.

After a Singilarity and a double-powered Self-Sabatoge on a full build ended him where he stood

-Shigeru Miyamoto

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Chairman in Omnitron vs Grandpa Legacy, Fugue Parse, F5 Bunker, XTREME fanatic, and F5Tachyon.

It ended with a 19+ critically multiplied Flak Cannon to the chariman's twitching body.

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I finished off a nemesis run of Vengenance Villains and FV Bunker, with him leading a team of Setback, Scholar, Vionsary: Unleashed, and KNYFE, against Greazer, Plague Rat, Biomancer, Hammer/Anvil, and Steel. 

This was my first time playing Visionary: Unleashed and I didn't get to see what she could do; she didn't get an ongoing out until the last round. 

I thought I was in for a tough match but External Combustion, Chemical Frenzy, and Psychic Maelstrom in the first four card plays have a tendancy to remove a lot of obstacles. The immense amount of all target damage managed to remove all handlers, the hammer and anvil, and Steel's agents by turn 4. 

For the first time Biomancer wasn't the last villain incapped (in fact he was the first,) so I experienced the frustration of his inap ability. 

FV Bunker plays well with Setback since you know when to Risk it all (it takes a man in an indestructible suit to handle Setback correctly.) 

The last round was a lot of fun: Scholar played Proverbs and Axioms Bunker dealt himself 4 damage for Tactical Uplink, revealing Knyfe's For the Greater Good, so she dealt herself 4 damage to use Battlefield Experience for seven, played another Battlefield Experience, dealt herself another 4 from Proverbs to use that Battlefield XP, and playing Incidental Contact to  hit all heroes for three, before Setback hit himself for four to play Cause and Effect incapping himself with a seven attack. Scholar and Visionary sat out and healed. 

All told Heroes dealt each other for 38 damage that round, close to the total the villains managed over the course of the game.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Narrowly defeated Skinwalker in the Celestial Tribunal with Visionary Unleashed, FV Absolute Zero, Extremist Sky-Scraper, Xtreme Tempest, and Fused Cosmic. 

Cosmic got hit once from his constructs, but after that turn he was covered by double defensive bracers and pushed light out with impunity. Of course once Gloomweaver flipped the Constructs became a liability so he focused on complicated tricks that mostly netted 1 damage, but he hung around and didn't die and was instrumental to the first part of the battle. 

In the final round Sky-scraper changed sizes three times (hitting Gloomy for 5 in her intravenous assualt) and caught a ride from a Gene-bound shackled Tempest.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Finally managed to bet the Dreamer! 

Prime Wardens Cosmic, Hunted Naturalist, Fugue State Parse, Xtreme Fanatic, and Setback took her on atop the Mobile Defense Platform. 

They would have managed to do it without any incaps but those darn Batalion Gunners took out Parse and droppes everyone else to 1 HP on the final environment turn. 

It was looking bleak, but Naturalist Managed to go Rhino with Resiliant Hide and Indomitable Force on one turn which let them survive an onslaught of Macabre Specters. 

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Absolute Zero, Chrono-Ranger, Expatriette, and Guise all defeated Ambuscade.

Pages