The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

My Turn 2!!!

374 posts / 0 new
Last post
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Had some fun this morning. First, I finally took out Infinitor with those last five heroes. It was NOT easy. Parse and Argent went down, and in the end, it was "We're gonna lose by 3 HP, oh wait, I can hit Infinitor with the self-damage from Embolden, now we're gonna lose by 1 HP, oh wait he killed himself." Seriously, I'm not sure they would have lasted that final round otherwise.

I cleared Kaargra Warfang with Completionist Guise and Fused Captain Cosmic, alongside Legacy, Fanatic and Tempest. Tempest with Seeker and Living Weapon was the reason the heroes won, given that Kaargra flipped twice. Final score was 14 to 30-something, I kind of lost count.

Next, I pulled out Bunker to take on Trickster Kismet (since that's apparently what she's called now!) And after rolling both vanilla Wraith and vanilla Legacy, I said heck with it and just took the whole Freedom Five along. It was a pretty easy game, no surprise there.

Lastly, I took on La Capitan with DC Argent, Legacy, Xtreme Captain Cosmic, Xtreme Haka and the Wraith in the Tomb of Anubis. It was a pretty standard La Capitan game, all things considered.

Still can't beat Iron Legacy with those last few heroes, though...

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

No surprise I've been playing a bunch of Vegeance games recently! Not actively trying to fill in the spreadsheet, but picking off bits here and there when I can.

First, well first win anyway, was La Capitan, Proletariat, Baron Blade, Ambuscade and Greazer against Chrono-Ranger, Unity, PW Tempest, F6 Wraith and Sky-Scraper in Silver Gulch. That one was pretty easy, I think.

Next, Greazer, Miss Info, Ambuscade and Hammer & Anvil against PW Captain Cosmic, EWAZ, F6 Unity and TN Bunker in the Final Wasteland. That one I remeber definitely that it ended with Greazer and Ambuscade out of the game, the latter ending it. :D

Then, a bunch of Miss Info fights because I'm going through checking out all the nemesis dialogue. :B First, her, Sergeat Steel and Greazer against Legacy, AZ and Horus Ra in the MDP. Another easy game!

Next, Miss Info, Greazer and Biomancer against Young Legacy, Horus Ra and Nightmist in the Tomb of Anubis. That was a close game! I ended with all heroes standing only because I left all the Trials in play and bounced their damage off Nightmist onto Biomancer. D:

Lastly (man, a lot of these games don't count), Miss Info, Friction, Ermine, Bugbear and La Capitan against Tachyon, Dark Visionary, EOW Bunker, Legacy and AZ in Magmaria. (I rolled Magmaria a lot today...) Absolute Zero ended up dying to Crystalloid Behemoths, but he made a good show of it. Tachyon finished the game with a Sucker Punch!

We're down to the last percentage point!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

A few more. Well, a whole bunch more, but only two count for the spreadsheet. (And not the one that I would have won had the Arsonist not decided to blow up the Mobile Defense Platform...)

The first one I set up ti finish off the Operative: her, La Capitan, Miss Info and Proletariat versus Mr. Fixer, PW Captain Cosmic, F6 Bunker and DW Setback in the Final Wasteland. Pretty easy game, all things considered, thanks to Fixer and a few Dynamic Siphons.

The other was Plague Rat, Biomancer, Ambuscade, Ermine and the Operative against Eternal Haka, Scholar of the Infinite, Sky-Scraper, Absolute Zero and Unity in Pike Industrial. Lots of damage. So much damage. Everyone died but Haka, it was kind of amazing.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Played a couple games today. Tryna finish off them non-game heroes now that all the released villains are (technically) in the video game.

First, a long, dull fight against the Matriarch. DC Argent and Xtreme Captain Cosmic brought Omnitron-X and Scholar along, which is good, because they're the only ones who made it out alive. With Defensive Displacement out for a number of rounds, no one but Omnitron was dealing damage, and though he hit Matriarch a few times with his Plasma Cannons, it all came down to about four or five Grace Under Fires, turning the tide of birds against the big birdy lady.

Next was a Vengeance game that didn't go so well, but the one after that did. Unity, Best of Times Chrono-Ranger, Xtreme Tempest, Setting Sun Ra and Xtreme Haka prevailed against Bugbear, Friction, Hammer & Anvil, Sergeant Steel and Greazer in the Enclave of the Endlings. None of the heroes went down! Haka kept Unity and Chrono alive for a while, Tempest dealt all the damage, and Ra, toward the end, said "Screw it" and unleashed a Solar Flare-powered Blaze of Glory on everyone, including himself.

There are 14 matchups of each type left. DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

At last we're done with Agent of Gloom Spite! He was taken down by Xtreme Argent Adept, Captain Cosmic and Tempest, with Sky-Scraper observing.

Also, Wager Master fell to Xtreme Argent, Fugue State Parse, Ra and Super-Scientific Tachyon. He was defeated via Sucker Punch! :D

TheDoc

TakeWalker told me about this, so I decided to try it out by tackling PW Tempest's last entry: Spite.

Short story shorter, using PW Tempest, Legacy, F6 Tachyon, H2H Ra, and PW Fanatic, I played 2 Take Downs with Legacy and decimated Spite in 3 rounds. The poor guy didn't stand a chance.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome aboard!!!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Hooray, you found it! :D

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Glad to have you, TheDoc! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

With all the new stuff shipping, it's high time we finished this!

First, Fused CC, F6 Wraith, EWAZ, Visionary Unleashed and Setting Sun Ra took down Miss Info, Bugbear, the Operative, La Capitan and Proletariat in the Temple of Zhu Long. And that didn't even finish anything off!

Next, I finished Spite by having DC Argent and Fused CC join Omnitron-X and Sky-Scraper in the Tomb of Anubis. Almost didn't work: everyone but Omnitron died. D:

Lastly, Fused Captain Cosmic took Xtreme Haka, F5 Legacy, TN Unity and PW Argent Adept along to take Progeny down in the Final Wasteland. It was a strangely easy fight.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

La Capitan is done! Fused Captain Cosmic took along Rook City Wraith, Fugue State Parse, the Adamant Sentinels and TN Bunker to the Court of Blood to take her down! I'd do more, but getting my new computer working is taking a lot more effort than I'd anticipated. :|

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I said when I finally unlocked Trickster Kismet on digital, I'd finish her off on the spreadsheet. It happened tonight! EOW Bunker brought Fugue State Parse, TLT and DW Setback along to the Tomb of Anubis for a rough fight that nevertheless ended in a (close) victory! 4 solo heroes to go, and I am way bothered the spreadsheet has rounded up to 100% done. :|

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TakeWalker wrote:

I am way bothered the spreadsheet has rounded up to 100% done. :|

Added some decimal places.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I don't quite have the wherewithal to finish the spreadsheet tonight, but we're close.

First... well, first was an ill-fated Vengeance game. <.< BUT THEN! The Matriarch was taken down by Xtreme Argent, Haka, Scholar and Omnitron-U in Silver Gulch. It was a shockingly easy Matriarch game, thanks to Haka locking down everything. Mostly with his mouth and/or pants.

Then, Xtreme Captain Cosmic brought PW Tempest, F6 Wraith, Setting Sun Ra and Haka along to take down Miss Info, Biomancer, Bugbear, the Operative and La Capitan in the Enclave. That is how you get things done!

Lastly, the team was Miss Info, Ambuscade, Hammer & Anvil, the Operative and La Capitan versus F5 Legacy, Chrono Best of Times, Tempest, DW Setback and Xtreme Fanatic in the Temple of Zhu Long. It was a fairly easy win, though Legacy went down. Figures, since I brought him along to balance out Setback. <.<

We're down to 3 Vengeance matchups and 3 Iron Legacies. D: That's gonna be kind of hard to finish...

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Vengeance is DONE. Despite bringing along Tempest, Setting Sun Ra and F6 Wraith, Fugue State Parse and Xtreme Captain Cosmic still had a heck of a time against Miss Info, Sergeant Steel, Plague Rat, La Capitan and the Operative. Mostly because Steel at one point did 12 damage to Ra in a single hit. c.c That's just not cool!

So, anyone got tips for beating Iron Legacy? My usual strategies are not working. :B

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I've come to the conclusion that it was going to take more than one game to finish this thing off. I was right.

My go-to Iron legacy-killing team is Fugue State Parse, Chrono-Ranger and Haka, and I just so happened to roll Freedom Tower, so I played all three games there.

The first, with Xtreme Captain Cosmic, went swimmingly. It was a textbook Chrono-Ranger victory over Iron Legs. The only thing that went wrong was Captain Cosmic pulling too much damage off a Harsh Offense and hitting Haka. But it didn't matter.

The Setting Sun Ra game didn't go so well. :C

The Visionary Unleashed game fared little better, but Parse was able to stand alone and finish him off with the help of her friends. Mission Control leaves an Impossible Shot on top, Haka and Visionary die on Legacy's turn, and then it's Quick Calc to put Impossible Shot on the bottom, play it with her power, induce Legacy to hurt himself with Visionary's incap, and play another Impossible Shot off Chrono-Ranger's. Just enough damage.

So we're down to one matchup.

Who will defeat Iron legacy with Setting Sun Ra to claim ultimate glory?

Or at least a little glory.

I hope it's someone else. :B

FearLord

TakeWalker wrote:

Who will defeat Iron legacy with Setting Sun Ra to claim ultimate glory?Or at least a little glory.I hope it's someone else. :B

Not sure anyone is still tracking this, but having unlocked Setting Sun Ra this morning in the video game, I beat Iron Legacy with a team of Wraith, Tempest and Setting Sun Ra this afternoon in Magmaria.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Holy (word removed by Mod), it's done! :D Congratulations, FearLord, and thank you for saving me from having to do this again cuz I tried at least three times c.c

...Now for My Turn 3 after Oblivaeon comes out...

FearLord

TakeWalker wrote:

Holy shit, it's done! :D Congratulations, FearLord, and thank you for saving me from having to do this again cuz I tried at least three times c.c...Now for My Turn 3 after Oblivaeon comes out...

Lol, I think I was on my 4th attempt in a row, but the first one that didn’t require serious ongoing removal before I could actually make any impact. I thought I had him the time before when he went down to 4hp and defeated Ra and I thought I could use Ra’s incapacitated power that does 10 and removes him, but he still had Superhuman Redirection out... If he didn’t heal up, I think I could have used the other power to beat him.

Got him eventually though!

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

Holy, it's done! :D Congratulations, FearLord, and thank you for saving me from having to do this again cuz I tried at least three times c.c...Now for My Turn 3 after Oblivaeon comes out...

Would you count only the heroes who started the battle, or those who finished it without being incapped, or all of them? Too much complicated.

EDIT: And would you count Scions, or would you count... (There’s a lot of different things to track. Especially if we get Environments into the mix (which would be a truly complete speadsheet)

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Make it "OblivAeon's Turn" and play the games necessary to have him destroy every environment and incap every hero.

Seriously, just add the 22 new heroes and variants to the existing table. Dealing with scions and incapped heroes would be a mess indeed.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Before the most recent update, I'd figured it would be a matter of listing all the Scions and letting those determine the battle stats, but ugh, I think there's too much permutation. This is probably something the community should start figuring out how to track, though, for the statistics project if nothing else.

FearLord

I think if it was done based on starting Scions pairs it would add a fair number of lines (Scion 1 is 1/5, but scion 2 could be any other Scion), but you could probably just list out each Scion as a single line each (so OblivAeon effectively adds 11 extra villains - perhaps just 10, as you can’t fight a Scion without fighting OblivAeon?).

Pages