The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

My Turn 2!!!

374 posts / 0 new
Last post
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Got my decks back from the forum game, so it was time to give them some more love. Parse, Greatest Legacy, Tachyon, Wraith and Visionary took on Ambuscade in Freedom Tower and showed him what was what.

Then Greatest Legacy, Parse, Rook City Wraith and F5 Tachyon took Akash'Bhuta out in the Temple of Zhu Long. It was a pretty close game; she's down to 2 HP at the end of her turn, all Legacy has to do is Motivational Charge her, and his cell phone rings. D: Just kill her already! Gosh.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Apostate was up to his old tricks in the Tomb of Anubis against Sky-Scraper, Legacy, FVI Absolute Zero, Guise, and Fanatic. Despite a first turn Profane Summons Apostate was no match for this well-motivated team, and went down with little fight. 

Meanwhile, Megalopolis was under attack from Citizen Dawn. A ragtag team of Chrono-ranger, a clone of Sky-scraper, and On-vacation Rook City Wraith were there to combat her. Despite a traffic pile-up they thoroughly ignored, they made quick work of her and her citizens thanks to No Executions. 

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Ambuscade went up against Base team of tach,Scholar,bunker,haka,andtempest in insula primalis.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Lord Flash Fire

2nd Ambersacde hate of the day with Ra, Golem Unity, Dark Visionary, TLT, and Rook City Wraith.

-Someone special, 2012

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Dreamer was gently taken care of by Expatriette, Ra, and Sky-Scraper (bastions of gentleness, the lot of them.)

Lord Flash Fire

Goin to try and beat Cosmitron with everyone on digital, like Fixer, TLT, Legacy, Ra, and Fanatic

-Someone special, 2012

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

@Lord Flash Fire

The way the spreadsheet is setup, spaces in names aren't handled well. I changed your name to LordFlashFire for the time being, but please change it to something you prefer.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Lord Flash Fire

Nah, LFF is fine and I have to resort to the no space rule often, so I'm used to it. I was going to say just put in Flash Fire until i realized that had a space and the problem wasn't character amount. 

-Someone special, 2012

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nevermind. Spaces work, just don't have a comma in your name.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Had some time to kill, so I actually played the video game for a while. :B

Setback, Absolute Zero, Redeemer Fanatic, Eternal Haka and Dark Watch Expatriette actually beat Progeny in the Realm of Discord.

Young Legacy, Super-Scientific Tachyon, EOW Bunker, Scholar of the Infinite and Visionary had a phenomenal game against Iron Legacy. 3 rounds, 7 minutes long, Scholar played a Don't Dismiss Anything off another Don't Dismiss Anything, and that's pretty much what won the game for us. :D

DW Expatriette, Legacy, Argent Adept and Santa Guise had fun against advanced Apostate in the Enclave of the Endlings. Argent kept feeding Guise powers, and he kept feeding everyone else ridiculous setup. :3

Guse, DW Expatriette, Argent Adept, Chrono-Ranger and Redeemer Fanatic took out advanced Plague Rat in Megalopolis. Things were looking grim when the last three went down, but Guise carried their sorry butts to the finish. :V

I finally beat the trifecta of Omnitron vs. Omnitron in Omnitron. OmniX had a great team with Legacy, Team Leader Tachyon, Argent Adept and Dark Visionary, and I got supremely lucky with the card draws. (Let's hear it for 12-point Defensive Blasts!)

Lastly, Bunker, Setback, Guise, Scholar of the Infinite and Sky-Scraper beat up advanced Ambuscade in Dok'thorath. Nothing to write home about.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

FYI, my new stats page now has a difficulty calculator you can use to get an idea of how hard a match might be before you commit to it, and maybe spread out the worse heroes with some better allies when up against the harder villains, and spread out the harder Vengeance villains as well.

Kudos to Dandolo for beating Kaarga Warfang with basic Dark Watch: only a predicted 27.53% chance of winning that one!

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

FYI, my new stats page now has a difficulty calculator you can use to get an idea of how hard a match might be before you commit to it, and maybe spread out the worse heroes with some better allies when up against the harder villains, and spread out the harder Vengeance villains as well.Kudos to Dandolo for beating Kaarga Warfang with basic Dark Watch: only a predicted 27.53% chance of winning that one!

Thanks, and thanks for the awesome stats page, I've really been enjoying using it. Also, if I recall that Kaagra game took me 3 tries so 1 in 3 is pretty close to the 27.53% of your prediction.
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Dandolo wrote:
Thanks, and thanks for the awesome stats page, I've really been enjoying using it. Also, if I recall that Kaagra game took me 3 tries so 1 in 3 is pretty close to the 27.53% of your prediction.
It's way off on Progeny vs. Dark Watch in Rook City, though.  That would be one case where accounting for the interaction term would be valuable--Progeny in Rook City seems to be much harder than either of them by themselves.  Make sure you log those games!

Submit your games here!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

Dandolo wrote:

It's way off on Progeny vs. Dark Watch in Rook City, though.  That would be one case where accounting for the interaction term would be valuable--Progeny in Rook City seems to be much harder than either of them by themselves.  Make sure you log those games!

I think I logged all 10 of my losses there already. I'm still working my way through a backlog of adding the games I played as part of the 1000 games thread and my battle of the teams thread to the statistics project (and regretting my decision to do it all at the end). I'm midway through the Prime Wardens games now so I think I'll be up to date soon.
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Dandolo wrote:

I think I logged all 10 of my losses there already.

Oh, I missed that you were doing all battles on Advanced.  That actually cuts the win probability against Kaarga by half, making that one even more impressive, and the calculator for Progeny is pretty close to your actual result now.

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Tried to see if my mom's beginner's luck would hold up against the Matriarch. It did. :V Of course, it helped that our team was the Scholar, Tachyon, F5 Legacy and the Naturalist. Scholar makes her eeeeasy.

Then we tried out advanced Baron Blade against Parse: Fugue State (zounds! I reported this one incorrectly in the statistics project! D:), Super-Scientific Tachyon, F5 Wraith and F5 Bunker. Poor Bunker fell to an ill-timed Experiment, but the heroes won in the end.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I also played a game against the Matriarch with Scholar and Tachyon (though of the Infinite and Super Scientific varieties,) along with Tempest, Nightmist, and Captain Cosmic in the Tomb of Anubis. As TakeWalker says Tachyon and Scholar go a long way to neutering Matriarch's worst excess, and the area attacks of Tempest and the Deck freezing of Nightmist made this surprisingly simple.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

The Ennead were narrowly defeated in the Tomb of Anubis by Eternal Haka, Omnitron-X, Visionary, and Santa Guise.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I had nothing to do this morning, so I decided to set out on my quest to defeat all the Vengeance villains! It took two tries each to beat Sergeant Steel and Citizens Hammer & Anvil, but separating them helped. The winning games:

Haka, KNYFE and Tempest took out Bugbear, Plague Rat and Proletariat.

Setting Sun Ra, KNYFE and Super-Scientific Tachyon defeated Biomancer, Sergeant Steel and La Capitan. (Biomancer is a chump when you're dealing irreducible damage!)

And that same team took down Citizens Hammer & Anvil, Miss Information and the Operative. I think I have my Vengeance team now. :) Oh yeah, and all fights were in the Final Wasteland, which certainly helped out. :V

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Mom's ridiculous beginner's luck continues to hold. Nightmist, Super-Scientific Tachyon, F5 Legacy and Dark Visionary beat Miss Information in Freedom Tower. It was long and unfun, and most of us were at single-digit HP by the end, but it was actually Frost's Cryo Chamber that took her out.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Mister Fixer, Dark Watch NightMist, Expatriette, and Dark Watch Setback joined together to take out Apostate in The Final Wasteland.

The battle was pretty easy. It was mostly goofing around. Such as removing all Environment targets from the environment deck. http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/255968995383236243/608F944...

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Dark Watch Mister Fixer, Dark Watch NightMist, Dark Watch Expatriette, and Dark Watch Setback prevented Deadline from destroying Dok'Thorath.

Mister Fixer with Dual Crowbars and Bloody Knuckles decided to beat on himself to give a nice damage boost when he hit Deadline with the second.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Mister Fixer, NightMist, Expatriette, and Setback defeated Spite: Agent of Gloom in Omnitron-IV.

It was a very tough battle, was unable to get Spite to flip. Both Setback and Expatriette went down. Fortunately, Mister Fixer had Driving Mantis, Pipe Wrench and Harmony. With the combination of the incap powers and Mister Fixer's turn, 12 damage was being dealt to Spite every round. NightMist had Amulet, so she was constantly redirecting Spite's big damage hit at the end of his turn.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Mister Fixer, NightMist, Expatriette, and Setback have overcome Cursed Acolyte's fearsome group of cultist plus a nudist GloomWeaver in The Block.

The battle was super scary! With only NightMist making it out alive, with full HP at that. Had to abuse Mistform for a few rounds.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

In order to fill that column that was staring at me in the doc, Parse, FV Legacy, Scholar, Extremist Sky-scraper, and Xtreme Cosmic fought Apostate in the Court of Blood. 

This team worked super well together, despite a slow start. Scholar got both Don't Dismiss Anythings midway through the game and just cycled them while a Proportionist charged Sky-scraper and a motivated Cosmic dealt absurd amounts of damage. 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Horus Ra, The Argent Adept, Absolute Zero, Freedom Six Tachyon, and Freedom Six Unity took down La Capitan in Temple of Zhu Long.

Very easy, only one near incapacitation was Absolute Zero at 2 HP, thanks to doing 16 damage to himself. La Capitan never even had a chance to flip. Also, I somehow missed that Freedom Six Unity was already used, bummer.

Lord Flash Fire

Az, SS, and GI bunker vs Voss i forget where.

sorry for little detail, cruched for time now.

-Someone special, 2012

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Had Absolute Zero, Bunker, and Unity square off against Chokepoint in Realm of Discord.

Sky-Scraper, Santa Guise, Bunker, Redeemer Fanatic, and Setback out lasted Kismet in The Final Wasteland.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Dark Watch Setback, Dark Watch Expatriette, and Young Legacy moped the floor with Mad Bomber Blade in Omnitron-IV.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

After a failed excursion for the Xtreme Prime Wardens, Best of Times Chrono, Extremist Sky-Scraper, Fused Cosmic, Desperate Prey Naturalist, and Dark Dynamics Adept defeated Baron Blade, Fright Train, Plague Rat, Biomancer, and Proletariat at Madame Mittermeier's. 

Desperate Prey continues to be (chimeric) beast. Adept revealed Crocodile on the first turn so Naturalist spent his time chomping and crunching everything that came his way ending the game at one point below full health while everybody else was in high single digits or low double digits. 

As often happens in Vengenance games with Best of Times, once he got Kill on Sight he also started to steamroll the opposition.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I made another sheet that should help find some games. It lists all the unused heroes under each villain, and it also creates a random 5-hero team based on the avaible heroes. Good luck everyone!

NinjaMonkey

Ario wrote:

As often happens in Vengenance games with Best of Times, once he got Kill on Sight he also started to steamroll the opposition.

Since the text applies to the target, doesn't Kill on Sight destory itself when any target is destroyed? Or am I forgetting a key phrase in Best of Times Chrono Ranger's power that prevents the Contract's destruction? I don't have the card with me.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Best of Times specifically says that bounties are not destroyed when the affected target leaves play. So in this case Kill On Sight was played on Biomancer (since I generally assume he'll be the last one I take out, I was wrong in this case,) and I use True Purpose to have every bounty affect one of the Revocorp Handlers. When he is destroyed the effect on Kill on Sight triggers, but Kill on Sight will not be destroyed until Biomancer leaves play.

NinjaMonkey

Ok, that was the text I couldn't recall. Thanks for the clarification. Definately gonna start prioritizing that contract when I'm playing Best of Times Chrono.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Those new sheets are intriguing. Also, I see we've passed the 3k mark! :D

Got my dad to play again. Xtreme Fanatic, Scholar, Nightmist and Tempest beat the crap out of Gloomweaver in Silver Gulch.

And Wraith, Mr. Fixer, F5 Tachyon and Guise beat the crap out of Plague Rat in Celestial Tribunal. Thanks to lots and lots and lots of redirection.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Termination Bunker, F5 AZ, and Omnitron-X defeated Voss at Silver Gulch

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Needed a break from Agent of Gloom Spite so....

The Visionary, Rook City Wraith, Freedom 6 Tempest, Horus Ra, and Omnitron-U took down Infinitor at The Final Wasteland.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

The Variants of Vengenance Heroes defeated Unstable Kismet at Dok'Thorath. I don't have much experience against her so it was a surprising match. Setback should have died many times over, but Naturalist or Idealist were always around to reduce or redirect damage. In the end he defeated her with a Targeting Arrow and Predator's Eye enhanced Reckless Rush that would have incapped him if he didn't take her out first, which is always a satisfying way to end a game.

In news no one needs to care about my copy of Hippocractic Oath is missing from my Sentinels deck. Hopefully it is merely hidden in a deck long since forgotten.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Wraith, Fixer, Setback, Ra, and DW Expat had a meeting in Rook City with Deadline. By the end of the fourth turn Rook City only had two cards left (Blighted Streets and Falling Statuary because life is kind to me.) Everyone was in single digits but Drawn to the Flame turned the catastrophes around on Deadline and helped significantly. 

The set-up was wasted because Deadline deals so much irreducible damage, but Wraith started with Stun Bolts and Fixer with Hoist Chain, which kept Tony Taurus around long enough to be destroyed by a flipped Deadline. At one point (through Turn of Events and Overdrive,) I managed to stack five debuffs on Deadline.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Greatest Legacy, Dark Visionary, Santa Guise, TLT, and Scholar defeated Matriarch in the Final Wasteland. 

Besides Legacy being an undervalued defense against many of the Matriarch's tricks (at least by me until this battle,) Greatest Legacy also makes an amazing ally to Santa Guise, and gets him going amazingly fast. 

Powerhound_2000

Fanatic, Setback, F6 Wraith, Haka, and Ra defeated Mad Bomber Blade in Megaopolis

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Saturday night: The Scholar, Legacy, Bearded Ra, and Eternal Haka took on The Advanced Chairman in Freedom Tower.  Savage Mana plus Rampage was the star of this show, basically shutting down the Chairman's whole gimmick.  We drew Entry Point four times, so that when the Chairman flipped, he would have been doing 9 damage back to us every time we hit him... except that by then we had plenty of ways to prevent him from dealing damage.  Ra and Haka finished in excess of 20 HP, Legacy and Scholar in the high teens.

Sunday, we moved on to Advanced Iron Legacy in Wagner Mars Base, taking with us Redeemer Fanatic, Parse, Greatest Legacy, and Team Leader Tachyon (because my friends are chicken).  The synergy was fantastic: Parse, with G. Legacy's help, took out both of I. Legacy's scary ongoings in round 1, and subsequently never allowed them to build up.  He never got any damage reduction, so we we able to plink him consistently (mostly with Divine Focus fueled by Tachyon and Fanatic's own power), getting him to 22 HP at the start of round 3.  A damage boost from Parse and Tachyon having just enough Bursts in her trash enabled us to win without flipping him.  And just for funsies, we played out the next few turns: environment did nothing of import, I. Legacy flipped set up some damage redirection, then Fanatic discarded to use up his redirect and then used Final Dive for nearly 30 damage.  So even though we were close to death, it was a massive win.

Since we had time, we set up a quick game of Mr. Fixer, Unity, Young Legacy, and Visionary vs. Challenge Mode Baron Blade in Wagner Mars Base.  We would have been moderately close to loss by moon landing if not for Visionary's Brain Burn, which is just stupidly good in this situation.  What's funny is that we didn't check the My Turn 2 spreadsheet ahead of time, so only Mr. Fixer got credit for this win, yet Fixer spent basically the entire game skipping his turns to deal with the environment.  So he could have been anyone and it wouldn't have mattered at all.

Finally, I just bought the video game version, and to try out Guise, I took him up against Kismet in Silver Gulch, aided by Argent Adept, Absolute Zero, Chrono Ranger, and Tachyon.  Not much to report except that I don't really understand Guise.  And Guise using Vocalize is hilarious.

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

It only nets one matchup, but Unity, TLT, Xtreme Tempest and Greatest Legacy took Voss out on the Mobile Defense Platform. The Conqueror came out on the last turn and we noticed Voss had one more hit point than it did. Needless to say, he didn't last the round.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

To make up for that, I set up a game in the spirit of helping both this spreadsheet and the stats project: Chrono-Ranger, F6 AZ, Eternal Haka, DW Fixer and Omni-U against Apostate in the Temple of Zhu Long, making for my THIRD Apostate game today. >.> It was awesome fun, and I got to juggle a ninja to victory. :D

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Argent Adept, Nightmist, Sky-Scraper, Expatriette, and Guise took on Advanced Baron Blade in Omnitron-IV.  Never played that environment before, so I didn't know it would help Blade directly, but he's still not hard.

I have a much better feel for Guise now, but he needs damage boosts to be effective.  Guise loves the Argent Adept--getting those damage boosts, pretending to be able to sing to give himself more damage boosts, stealing instruments to give himself even more damage boosts, then discarding a bunch to chain a ton of damage together.  Expatriette benefitted a ton from those boosts, too.  I don't think Argent Adept was amused, though.

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

Guise has his own buff in Guise the Barbarian.   He gladly will take other buffs though. 

Defeated Citizen Dawn with Mr Fixer, Beardy Ra, Omnitron-U, DW Expat, and Absolute Zero at Silver Gulch

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Been forgetting to add my wins to the spreadsheet:

5 Wins against Baron Blade, and 6 against Omnitron.

Powerhound_2000

Captain Cosmic, Sky-Scraper, Wraith, and Scholar defeated La Capitan at Dok'Thorath Capital.  

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

6 wins against Dawn with various heroes.

Powerhound_2000

Absolute Zero, Bunker, Expat, Fanatic, and Guise defeated Akash'Bhuta at the Block.   Her prison number was 00020. Two rounds of End of Days did end it for Akash'Bhuta 

Pages