The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 6: Grand Warlord Voss

121 posts / 0 new
Last post
cmschex
Playtester

We'll want to leave the Soldier since he hits highest target

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Gah, I keep forgetting what ammo I used, I have incendiary rounds.

Name: Expatriette

HP: 3

Hand: Arsenal Access, Assault Rifle, Incendiary Ammo, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Pride, Tactical Shotgun

In Play: Submachine Gun,Tactical Shotgun

Trash:  Hairtrigger Reflexes, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds(2)

Additional Effects: +1 damage

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Incendiary Ammo on Tactical Shotgun

Use a Power: Shotgun Lt. Tamar for 5 damage (4+1+1+1-1-1)

Draw a Card: RPG launcher

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand:  Arsenal Access, Assault Rifle, Pride, RPG Launcher, Tactical Shotgun

In Play:  Submachine Gun, Tactical Shotgun

Trash:  Hairtrigger Reflexes, Incendiary Ammo, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds(2)

Alright, let's hope we survive this.

cmschex
Playtester

If we can survive the next round, having RPG or Temporal Grenade are nice options for environment control

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I'd really like to use my Power phase to deal a crap-ton of damage to Voss, so I'd prefer to hang onto the Temporal Grenade for a bit.

Plus, RPG Launcher will deal damage on its own during the Play phase.  More instances of damage are good...

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

There are 8 cards in the Enviroment deck, Velociraptor will cause Voss to flip and kill one of us, as will either of the T-Rex cards, so we have a 3/8ths chance of losing someone.

River of Lava will cost each of us an equip, but we have that to not die.

2 Pterodactyl Thiefs will let us use RPG launcher

2 Obsidian fields will hurt, and might cause Voss's cards to kill one of us, if not he's in big trouble.  I'd love a thief, that lets me do 2 damage instances, and Voss won't live long.

Of course several minions of Voss's will result in death, or he could get the Conquerer, which would be game over.  I'm hoping for a Quark-Drive Translocator.

Either way the odds aren't good we walk away from this.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Sorry for the delay, life went a bit crazy for a couple of days.

Insula Primalis

In Play: Velociraptor Pack - 3

Obsidian Field

Trash: River of Lava, Primordial Plant Life x2, Volcanic Eruption, Velociraptor Pack

Additional Effects: +1 damage to all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of Environment Turn: 

Play a Card: Enraged T-Rex enters play.

End of Environment Turn: The Velociraptors tear apart the... Soldier?

T-Rex slaughters Mr Fixer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Play: Velociraptor Pack - 3

Obsidian Field

T-Rex - 15

Trash: River of Lava, Primordial Plant Life x2, Volcanic Eruption, Velociraptor Pack

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Round 8

Grand Warlord Voss - Conquering Alien Warlord

Grand Warlord Voss - 28

Cards in Play: Gene-Bound Firesworn - 1

Trash: Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver, Gene-Bound Shock Infantry, Gene-Bound Firesworn, Gene-Bound Banshee, First Lieutenant Vyktor, Gene-Bound Guard x2, Forced Deployment x2, Field Lieutenant Tamar, TCF Stalwart, Gene-Bound Soldier

Additional Effects: Damage dealt to Voss reduced by 2 x [# of minions], +1 damage dealt to Voss, -1 damage dealt by heroes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of the Villain Turn: 

Play a Villain Card: Quark-Drive Translocator enters play.

End of the Villain Turn: Firesworn hits Chrono-Ranger for 3 [1].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Warlord Voss - 28

Cards in Play: Gene-Bound Firesworn - 1

Quark-Drive Translocator - 10

Trash: Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver, Gene-Bound Shock Infantry, Gene-Bound Firesworn, Gene-Bound Banshee, First Lieutenant Vyktor, Gene-Bound Guard x2, Forced Deployment x2, Field Lieutenant Tamar, TCF Stalwart, Gene-Bound Soldier

Additional Effects: Damage dealt to Voss reduced by 2 x [# of minions], +1 damage dealt to Voss, -1 damage dealt by heroes.

-Reckless

SmellyTie

Argent Adept

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Instrumental Conjuration, Telamon's Lyra, Counterpoint Bulwark

In Play: Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell, Inspiring Supertonic, Inventive Preparation, Sarabande of Destruction

Trash:  Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Xu's Bell,  Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration, Alacritous Subdominant

Additional Effects: 

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Instrumental Conjuration, Akpunku's Drum into play

Use a Power: Xu's Bell, activating Syncopated Onslaught (boosting damage again) and Inspiring Supertonic to regain 2 HP.

Draw a Card: Musaragni's Harp

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 5

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Instrumental Conjuration, Telamon's Lyra, Counterpoint Bulwark, Musaragni's Harp

In Play: Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell, Inspiring Supertonic, Inventive Preparation, Sarabande of Destruction, Akpunku's Drum

Trash: Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration, Alacritous Supertonic, Instrumental Conjuration

Additional Effects: Two people do +1 damage until my turn!!

PlatinumWarlock

(Ouch.  This is going to suck.)

(Taking out his Firesworn means he's only down to a total of 1 DR for this turn.  I can't recall Fixer's incap capabilities, but if it's a Power use, I think Masadah deals the most damage right now, and I'll get to zap him again when he tries to deal damage on the Villain turn.)

Name: Chrono-Ranger

HP: 1

Hand:  Temporal Grenade, Bounty Board (x2)

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss),The Ultimate Target (Voss), Dead or Alive (Voss), Jim's Hat

Trash:  Eyes on the Prize (x2), Displaced Armory, Hunter and Hunted, No Executions, Kill on Sight, Ranger's Mark, Danny-Boy, Just Doin' My Job, The Whole Gang, No Executions, Temporal Grenade, Sudden Contract

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:  Regain 1 hp...

Play a Card:  Bounty Board (Pulling No Executions, Kill on Sight, and The Whole Gange from the trash, deals net 1 projectile damage to Firewsworn, killing it)

Jim's Hat allows a second play:  Second Bounty Board (Pulls no Bounties, but deals 3 projectile damage to Voss [24]

Use a Power: The Masadah (6 Irreducible Energy damage to Voss [18])

Draw a Card:  Sudden Contract

End of Hero Turn:  

-----------------

HP: 2

Hand:  Temporal Grenade, No Executions, Kill on Sight, The Whole Gang, Sudden Contract

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), The Ultimate Target (on Voss), Jim's Hat, Dead or Alive (on Voss), 

Trash: No Executions, Eyes on the Prize (x3), Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark, Hunter and Hunted, Danny-Boy, Just Doin' My Job, Temporal Grenade, Sudden Contract, Kill On Sight, Ranger's Mark, Bounty Board (x2)

Additional Effects:

cmschex
Playtester

Sadly, Fixer's incap is someone draw a card, put equipment from trash into play, or destroy ongoing.  I'm thinking pulling one of Expats ammos out since the TRex would hit Voss' device, any other ideas?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Yes, pull shock rounds if you please, put it on shotgun.  I'll assume that is what happens.

Name: Expatriette

Hand: Arsenal Access, Assault Rifle, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Pride, RPG Launcher Tactical Shotgun

In Play: Submachine Gun,Tactical Shotgun->Shock Rounds

Trash:  Hairtrigger Reflexes, Incendiary Rounds Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  RPG Launcher to destroy Velociraptor Pack, deal 4 damage to Voss [14] and 3 to T-Rex (12)

Use a Power: Shotgun Voss for 6 damage, Shock Rounds leaves Voss at [5], Thingy at [8], T-Rex at [10]

Draw a Card: Hollow Points

End of Hero Turn:  Massive Fist pumping

-----------------

Hand:  Arsenal Access, Assault Rifle, Pride, Tactical Shotgun

In Play:  Submachine Gun, Tactical Shotgun

Trash:  Hairtrigger Reflexes, Incendiary Ammo, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Quick Draw, Reload(2), RPG Launcher, Shock Rounds(2)

3 targets for T-Rex at 5hp, unless another T-Rex comes out Voss=DINO LUNCH!! (nojinxnojinxnojinx)

PlatinumWarlock

phantaskippy wrote:

Additional Effects: +1 damage3 targets for T-Rex at 5hp, unless another T-Rex comes out Voss=DINO LUNCH!! (nojinxnojinxnojinx)

Even if it does:  Even if a T-Rex takes you out, as soon as Voss attempts to deal damage, I can get him with Masadah!  That's 6 points of Irreducible and a win for us!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Wait, even if a second one comes out they will attack the thingy at 8hp, then a 5hp target, so that still is Voss biting the dust.

The greatest moment of the fight for me is an injured Fixer throwing an apparently dropped slug of lightning directly into my shotgun while I blew up a Velociraptor.  Micheal Bay, eat your heart out.

Although following that with a T-Rex eating the alien overlord is kind of overkill, but hey, who says we can't go full Epic.

This last round is insane.

Just got to Wait for the GM to come make it official.  Man this was a great Match.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Insula Primalis

In Play: Obsidian Field

Enraged T-Rex - 10

Trash: River of Lava, Primordial Plant Life x2, Volcanic Eruption, Velociraptor Pack x2

Start of Environment Turn: 

Play a Card: Primordial Plant Life enters play. Expatriette and Chrono get eaten, Argent drops to two hit points...and then, with a mighty roar, Grand Warlord Voss get's Rex'd.

VICTORY!

-Reckless

PlatinumWarlock

Wooo!  Go T-Rex!

That was a much closer game than I usually enjoy, but a win's a win!

I'm game for a new round, but I'm headed to GenCon for the weekend, so I wouldn't be able to start up until Sunday night.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I assume Argent had the decency to play some great victory music for the T-Rex and he ran away.

Epic victory.

I'm definitely up for another, and I won't be going to Gen Con, so have fun, and don't let my amazing jealousy ruin your weekend.

cmschex
Playtester

That was awesome.  I'm always up for another one of these

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Can I just say this was great fun to watch?  One hero left at 2HP...

SmellyTie

Yayaay! Sole survivor!  I'm in again. Do you just random the participants into these matches? By that I mean heroes/villain/environment. 

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Yeah, I use Spiff's randomiser, everything ticked but Ambuscade (I lack him).

-Reckless

Pages