The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 6: Grand Warlord Voss

121 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'll take the 4, the others can take three.

I assume Ranger is taking out the volcano, that's his best damage option as well, if Fixer plays the yard on Adepts turn we can clear all Voss's guys out with fixer and shock rounds and do 8? damage to the stalwart to boot.  Anyone see a better plan?

Also, don't forget that everything that just appeared has one less HP, thanks to Hairtrigger Reflexes...

Sadly not yet, I drew Hairtrigger, it may make it out this round.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Chrono-Ranger: You can't take the Shock-Trooper damage, you're not the highest health, Argent is. Healths should be 13, 16, 16, 16, by my reckoning, allthough I may be wrong. Also your No Executions was put on a Soldier that was dead at the time; should I assume it was on the Shock-Trooper instead?

Wow, I was off...Yeesh!  Editing to reflect

Yes, go ahead and put the No Executions on the velociraptor-lunch Shock Trooper.

And, yes--I'll take out the Eruption with the Temporal Grenade.  Salvage Yard would be great for me at this point, as it'd give me back two grenades and Jim's Hat.  I'm likely still going to hold off on Just Doin' My Job, in favor of Ranger's Mark this go-round...

Also, don't forget that everything that just appeared has one less HP, thanks to Hairtrigger Reflexes... [Edit--Dangnabbit!  I need to get my eyes checked or something...]

SmellyTie

Argent Adept

HP: 14

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Inventive Preparation, Sarabande of Destruction, Instrumental Conjuration

In Play: Alacritous Subdominant, Syncopated Onslaught

Trash:  Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Xu's Bell,  Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Instrumental Conjuration

Additional Effects: 

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Instrumental Conjuration, Xu's Bell into play

Use a Power: Xu's Bell, activating Syncopated Onslaught boosting damage again (Fixer and Expat) and Alacritous Subdominant to deal 1 damage to something (whatever you think is best)

Draw a Card: Inspiring Supertonic

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Inventive Preparation, Sarabande of Destruction, Inspiring Supertonic

In Play: Alacritous Subdominant, Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell

Trash: Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration

Additional Effects: Fixer and Expat do +1 damage until my turn!!

cmschex
Playtester

I'd recommend damge to Voss, since it's irreducible and it'd be 2 thanks to By Any Means

PlatinumWarlock

Name: Chrono-Ranger

HP: 13

Hand:  Ranger's Mark, Just Doin' My Job

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), Temporal Grenade

Trash:  Eyes on the Prize, Displaced Armory, Jim's Hat, Hunter and Hunted, Kill on Sight, Temporal Grenade, No Executions

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Ranger's Mark (Pulling Kill on Sight and putting it on the Stalwart; dealing 2 Projectile to Voss)

Use a Power: Temporal Grenade (2 Projectile to Voss, 1 to Stalwart, 1 to G-B Soldier; Destroying the Volcanic Eruption)

Draw a Card: Eyes on the Prize

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 13

Hand:  Just Doin' My Job, Eyes on the Prize

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), Kill on Sight (on Stalwart), 

Trash: No Executions, Eyes on the Prize, Displaced Armory, Jim's Hat, Ranger's Mark, Temporal Grenade, Hunter and Hunted

Additional Effects:

cmschex
Playtester

I think Temporal Grendae would damage another target, since our damage isn't reduced on Voss' flipped side.  I'd assume you'd want to hit Stalwart  and the one of the Gene Bound dudes so shock rounds could finish him off

cmschex
Playtester

Name: Mr Fixer

Hand:  Dual Crowbars, Overdrive, Alternating Tiger Claw, Bloody Knuckles, Toolbox, Salvage Yard

In Play: Riveting Crane, Pipe Wrench

Trash: Meditation x2, Driving Mantis, Overdrive, Jack Handle, Charge

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn: 

Play a Card: Salvage Yard, bringing all equipment from trash into hand. Plays Overdrive, using it to strike Vyktor for 4, killing him

Use a Power: Strike Voss for 2 damage (52) All damage to Voss is irreducible until Fixer's next turn

Draw a Card: Grease Gun

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand:  Dual Crowbars, Overdrive, Alternating Tiger Claw, Bloody Knuckles, Toolbox, Jack Handle, Grease Gun

Trash: Meditation x2, Driving Mantis, Overdrive, Salvage Yard, Charge

Additional Effects:

PlatinumWarlock

cmschex wrote:

I think Temporal Grendae would damage another target, since our damage isn't reduced on Voss' flipped side.  I'd assume you'd want to hit Stalwart  and the one of the Gene Bound dudes so shock rounds could finish him off

Edited to show this!  Thanks!  I had totally forgotten that the DR was no longer around!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Name: Expatriette

HP: 12

Hand: Hairtrigger Reflexes,Incendiary Rounds, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Pride, Tactical Shotgun, Shock Rounds

In Play: Submachine Gun,Tactical Shotgun

Trash:  Quick Draw, Reload(2)

Additional Effects: 

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Shock Rounds

Use a Power: Shotgun Voss for 6[46] Shock rounds hits Voss for 3[43] all other targets for 2.

Draw a Card: Shock Rounds

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand:  Hairtigger Reflexes, Incendiary Rounds, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Pride, Shock Rounds, Tactical Shotgun

In Play: Submachine Gun, Tactical Shotgun

Trash:  Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds

Additional Effects:  

Sorry about that, completely missed the Salvage yard.

cmschex
Playtester

Skippy, you would have Pride and Shock Rounds back due to Salvage Yard, if you wanted to play shock rounds again, it would do 2 to everyone in addittion to your primary target

PlatinumWarlock

That might be a better move, especially with the Stalwart in play.  That's going to hurt if we don't get rid of it soon...

cmschex
Playtester

So the Soldier should be at 1 and Stalwart is at 15 after Expat's turn.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

[Argent Adept should be on 10HP, I think.]

Insula Primalis

In Play: Velociraptor Pack - 2

Trash: River of Lava, Primordial Plant Life, Volcanic Eruption

Additional Effects:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of Environment Turn: VOLCANIC ERUPTIO

Play a Card: Velociraptor Pack enters play.

End of Environment Turn: The Velociraptors kill the Firesworn, then the other Velociraptors take out Vyktor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Velociraptor Pack - 5

Additional Effects: 

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

cmschex
Playtester

Chrono got rid of the Eruption with his Temporal Grenade

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Round 6

Grand Warlord Voss - Super-Thorathian Warrior

Grand Warlord Voss - 43

Cards in Play: TCF Stalwart - 15

Trash: Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver, Gene-Bound Shock Infantry, Gene-Bound Firesworn x2, Gene-Bound Banshee, Gene-Bound Soldier, First Lieutenant Vyktor

Additional Effects: Damage dealt to Voss reduced by [# of minions], +1 damage dealt to Voss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of the Villain Turn: The TCF Stalwart hits all hero targets for 3 (Fixer can redirect his).

Play a Villain Card: Forced Deployment enters play.

End of the Villain Turn: Voss hits Mr Fixer for 3 (reduced to 2) [12] and Argent for 2 [8].

Gene-Bound Guard enters play.

The Stalwart summons a Gene-Bound Firesworn.

Firesworn deals 2 damage to Mr Fixer (reduced to 1) [11].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Warlord Voss - 43

Forced Deployment

Gene-Bound Guard - 3

Gene-Bound Firesworn - 3

Trash: Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver, Gene-Bound Shock Infantry, Gene-Bound Soldier, Gene-Bound Banshee, Gene-bound Firesworn, First Lieutenant Vyktor

Additional Effects: Damage dealt to Voss reduced by [# of minions], +1 damage dealt to Voss, -1 damage dealt to villain targets.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

No volcano.

cmschex
Playtester

Shouldnt the Firesworn by dead?  And clarifying from my last post, with no volcanic eruption, the end of Voss's turn should have Voss at 42, Stalwart at 15, Guard and Soldier at 3 and Forced Deployment, if I'm reading that right

PlatinumWarlock

Yeah...definite editing needed on that post.  I destroyed the Volcanic Eruption on my turn with a Temporal Grenade.  The Firesworn would have been killed by the Velociraptors, instead of Adept taking the hit.

Adept, are you able to take out the Forced Deployment?  If not, I can toss another Temporal Grenade on my turn, but that only gives us ExPat and Fixer to take out all those minions...

cmschex
Playtester

Argent has a Sarbande in hand which could nuke the Deployment.  Alternately, if we want to concentrate on continuing to hit Voss I can Grease Gun since we shouldn't be of danger of being overrun this turn.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

*facepalm* Why on Earth did I not notice that? My brain has been stolen by La Capitan or something... Editing now.

-Reckless

PlatinumWarlock

cmschex wrote:

Argent has a Sarbande in hand which could nuke the Deployment.  Alternately, if we want to concentrate on continuing to hit Voss I can Grease Gun since we shouldn't be of danger of being overrun this turn.

Grease Gun sounds like a good plan for this turn at least.  If you're going to go ahead with that, the +damage boost from Adept will come in handy for me, as I was planning on throwing down Eyes on the Prize this turn (in addition to Jim's Hat).  Lots of single-instance damage...

SmellyTie

Argent Adept

HP: 8

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Inventive Preparation, Sarabande of Destruction, Inspiring Supertonic

In Play: Alacritous Subdominant, Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell

Trash:  Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Xu's Bell,  Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration

Additional Effects: 

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Inspiring Supertonic

Use a Power: Xu's Bell, activating Syncopated Onslaught boosting damage again (Which ever two want it) and Inspiring Supertonic regaining 2 HP.

Draw a Card: Instrumental Conjuration

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 10

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Inventive Preparation, Sarabande of Destruction, Instrumental Conjuration

In Play: Alacritous Subdominant, Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell, Inspiring Supertonic

Trash: Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration

Additional Effects: Two people do +1 damage until my turn!!

PlatinumWarlock

(I'm laying claim to one of the +1 bonuses, given the discussion earlier regarding Fixer using Grease Gun this turn.)

Hand:  Ranger's Mark, Just Doin' My Job, Jim's Hat, Temporal Grenade (x2)

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), Kill on Sight (on Stalwart),

Trash:  Eyes on the Prize, Displaced Armory, Hunter and Hunted, No Executions

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Jim's Hat (I love the image of Jim brushing off a few flecks of lava and ash before putting his hat back on);

Jim's Hat allows a second play:  Eyes on the Prize (3 projectile damage to Voss [40], draw Danny-Boy, playing Just Doin' My Job--based on discussions earlier, I'm anticipating that Expatriette and Fixer will each be discarding 1 for this, plus discarding Danny-Boy to draw 3 Cards total--Voss takes another set of 3 projectile damage [37].  Just Doin' My Job nets me Sudden Contract, Ranger's Mark, and The Whole Gang.

Use a Power: The Masadah (4 Energy Damage to Voss [33])

Draw a Card: Bounty Board

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand:  Temporal Grenade (x2), The Whole Gang, Sudden Contract, Ranger's Mark, Bounty Board

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), Kill on Sight (on Stalwart), Jim's Hat

Trash: No Executions, Eyes on the Prize (x2), Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark, Hunter and Hunted, Danny-Boy, Just Doin' My Job

Additional Effects:

cmschex
Playtester

HP: 11

Hand:  Dual Crowbars, Overdrive, Alternating Tiger Claw, Bloody Knuckles, Toolbox, Jack Handle, Grease Gun

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn: 

Play a Card: Grease Gun

Use a Power: n/a

Draw a Card: n/a

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 11

Hand:  Dual Crowbars, Overdrive, Alternating Tiger Claw, Bloody Knuckles, Jack Handle

In Play: Riveting Crane, Pipe Wrench, Grease Gun

Trash: Meditation x2, Driving Mantis, Overdrive, Salvage Yard, Charge, Toolbox

Additional Effects:

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I get teh 2nd +1 and I discard Liquid Nitrogen for Jim.

Hand: Hairtrigger Reflexes,Incendiary Rounds, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Pride, Tactical Shotgun, Shock Rounds

Trash:  Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds

Additional Effects: 

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Hairtrigger Reflexes

Use a Power: Shotgun Gene Bound Guard to the trash.

Draw a Card: Assault Rifle

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand:  Assault Rifle, Incendiary Rounds, Pride, Shock Rounds, Tactical Shotgun

In Play: Hairtrigger Reflexes, Submachine Gun, Tactical Shotgun

Trash:  Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds

Additional Effects: Hairtrigger Reflexes and +1 damage, it's like Christmas.

Now next round we have to kill that ship.  

PlatinumWarlock

phantaskippy wrote:

Now next round we have to kill that ship.  

Fixer and I can focus damage on the ship, if need be, if you can take out the minions with a Shock Rounds/Hairtrigger Reflexes combo.

cmschex
Playtester

Only issue is that Voss will flip to DR side and the Guard will come back, so the hairtirgger will do no damage when the deployment happens.  we'd probably be better off shotgunning Voss or the ship

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

[Expat should have 9HP]

Insula Primalis

Velociraptor Pack - 5

Additional Effects:

Start of Environment Turn: 

Play a Card: Primordial Plant Life enters play.

End of Environment Turn: The Velociraptors flail impotently.

Each hero must either take 4 damage, or destroy an ongoing and take 2 (which I believe still happens, since PPL is not a target?), then the Plant life destroys itself.

Velociraptor Pack - 5

Trash: River of Lava, Primordial Plant Life x2, Volcanic Eruption

Additional Effects: 

-Reckless

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Round 6

Grand Warlord Voss - Super-Thorathian Warrior

Grand Warlord Voss - 33

Forced Deployment

Gene-Bound Firesworn - 3

Trash: Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver, Gene-Bound Shock Infantry, Gene-Bound Firesworn, Gene-Bound Banshee, Gene-Bound Soldier, First Lieutenant Vyktor, Gene-Bound Guard

Additional Effects: Damage dealt to Voss reduced by [# of minions], +1 damage dealt to Voss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of the Villain Turn: Forced Deployment - everyone is back, although since I assume you'll bring the Gene-Bound Guard back last Expat takes a chunk out of each of them first.

Play a Villain Card: Gene-Bound Guard enters play.

End of the Villain Turn: Forced Deployment enters play.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Warlord Voss - 43

Gene-Bound Firesworn - 3

Gene-Bound Firesworn - 1

Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver - 1

Gene-Bound Banshee - 1

Gene-Bound Soldier - 3

Gene-Bound Shock Infantry - 1

Gene-Bound Guard - 2

Gene-Bound Guard - 3

Forced Deployment

Trash: First Lieutenant Vyktor, Forced Deployment

Additional Effects: Damage dealt to Voss reduced by [# of minions], +1 damage dealt to Voss, -2 damage dealt to villain targets.

-Reckless

PlatinumWarlock

If you can take down one of the Guards (ideally the one with 3 HP) before Expat's turn, Fixer, that would solve the problem pretty handily.  I can get rid of the new Forced Deployment with another Temporal Grenade, which will happen before any of those mnions hit the trash.  I can throw down The Whole Gang on a random minion (one of the ones with 1 hp), so you'd only have to deal 1 net damage to that minion in order to destroy the G-B Guard with 3 hp)

It'd mean we have to deal with the Ship for another turn, but collectively we (with some Raptor Help) get rid of *all* of those minions before they thrash us.

Also, how did Voss get 10 hp back from the start of his turn to the end?  I thought he was at 33 HP.

cmschex
Playtester

He is at 33 HP.

AA, if you sacrifice one of of your ongoings (alacritous?) to only take 2, we can probably hedge on you not needing to heal this turn.  If that was the case, you could play Inventive Prepartion to both boost damage and give someone a card play (probably Chrono to get out the Grenade or another bounty

PlatinumWarlock

I could definitely use that card play--I'd love to get out The Ultimate Bounty...

SmellyTie

Sacrifice Alacritous Subdominant take 2 damage.

Argent Adept

In Play: Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell, Inspiring Supertonic

Trash:  Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Xu's Bell,  Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration, Alacritous Subdominant

Additional Effects: 

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Inventive Preparation

Use a Power: Xu's Bell, activating Syncopated Onslaught boosting damage again (Which ever two want it) and Inventive Preparation, someone other than me can play 1 card right now.

Draw a Card: Telamon's Lyra

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Sarabande of Destruction, Instrumental Conjuration, Telamon's Lyra

In Play: Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell, Inspiring Supertonic, Inventive Preparation

Trash: Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration, Alacritous Supertonic

Additional Effects: Two people do +1 damage until my turn!! and one person, other than me, plays a card right now.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

If Fixer is ok putting tiger into play he can kill the 2hp guard, put The Whole Gang on that one, use it to kill the three health one.  I'll take the second damage boost and wipe the rest out.  I won't do anything with all that damage reduction out there.  Sadly I have to drop Hairtrigger so I don't die.

Shouldn't soldier also be at 1hp?

If the health for minions is all correct I would need Assault rifle and shock rounds to kill them all, If Crono doesn't need three card plays I could use that to get assault in so I can ammo it up and use it.

If soldier is at 1hp I can shotgun shock to finish them all, and crono can play three cards.

PlatinumWarlock

(I'm laying claim to the card play, so I can get out another bounty on my turn.  For ease's sake, that AA's card play lets me throw down Temporal Grenade.)

(The Soldier is at 3 HP, because he's immune to projectile--your Hairtrigger Reflexes didn't do any damage to him.  That said, you can leave him alive--the Velociraptors will take care of him!)

(I'm going to go ahead and destroy Kill on Sight, so that I only take 2 damage from the Primordial Plant Life)

(Fixer, that +1 damage is all yours!)

Hand:  Temporal Grenade, The Whole Gang, Sudden Contract, Ranger's Mark, Bounty Board

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), Temporal Grenade

Trash:  Eyes on the Prize (x2), Displaced Armory, Hunter and Hunted, No Executions, Kill on Sight, Ranger's Mark, Danny-Boy, Just Doin' My Job

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  The Whole Gang (on minion of Fixer's Choice, as he's the one that needs to smack it down)

Jim's Hat allows a second play:  Sudden Contract (Searching Deck for The Ultimate Bounty, which goes on Voss.  Damage rider deals negligible damage.)

Use a Power: Temporal Grenade (Deals no damage, but destroys the second Forced Deployment--nothing emerges from the villain trash!)

Draw a Card: Eye on the Prize

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

Hand:  Temporal Grenade, Eye on the Prize, Ranger's Mark, Bounty Board

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), The Ultimate Target (on Voss), Jim's Hat, The Whole Gang (on minion of Fixer's Choice)

Trash: No Executions, Eyes on the Prize (x2), Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark, Hunter and Hunted, Danny-Boy, Just Doin' My Job, Temporal Grenade, Sudden Contract, Kill On Sight

Additional Effects:

cmschex
Playtester

Wouldn't want to play the Whole Gang on the lower Guard?  I can punch through -2 damage with the damage boost and then kill the second guard, which would let Expat clear the board with Shock Rounds

cmschex
Playtester

HP: 9

In Play: Riveting Crane, Pipe Wrench, Grease Gun

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn: Grease Gun is destroyed

Play a Card: Alternating Tiger Claw, destroying Riveting Crane

Use a Power: Strike the Gene Bound Guard with 2 HP (who has the Whole Gang on him) for 2, killing him and using the Whole Gang to destroy other GeneBound Guard

Draw a Card: Meditation (yay!)

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 9

Hand:  Dual Crowbars, Overdrive, Bloody Knuckles, Jack Handle, Meditation

In Play: Alternating Tiger Claw, Pipe Wrench, 

Trash: Meditation x2, Driving Mantis, Overdrive, Salvage Yard, Charge, Toolbox, Grease Gun, Riveting Crane

Additional Effects:

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Great timing on Meditation there. I'm leaving three alive, so that he doesn't flip after the raptor attacks.  Soldier is less of a threat than Voss, we are getting low and Stalwart needs to die.

HP: 7

Hand: Incendiary Rounds, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Pride, Tactical Shotgun, Shock Rounds

Trash:  Hairtrigger Reflexes, Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds

Additional Effects: +1 damage

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Shock Rounds on Tactical Shotgun

Use a Power: Shotgun the Stalwart, shock rounds triggers leaving the stalwart at 10HP, Soldier and Firesworn at 2, shock at 1.

Draw a Card: Arsenal access

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 7

Hand:  Arsenal Access, Assault Rifle, Incendiary Ammo, Pride, Tactical Shotgun

In Play:  Submachine Gun, Tactical Shotgun

Trash:  Hairtrigger Reflexes, Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Quick Draw, Reload(2), Shock Rounds(2)

Additional Effects: +1 damage

Please eat the soldier, firesworn is easier to kill.

PlatinumWarlock

I think we're actually better off letting the shock rounds/raptors kill off as many as possible and letting Voss flip.

If we leave the Firesworn, that's 2 damage for all of us.  Voss would deal the highest 3 and the lowest 2--less overall damage.  And, if he deals that damage, I get to nuke him with The Masadah.  Plus, we'd get a turn with (hypothetically) no DR on Voss, which means more damage.  

cmschex
Playtester

Well, we want to leave at least two for raptor bait.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Insula Primalis

In Play: Velociraptor Pack - 3

Trash: River of Lava, Primordial Plant Life x2, Volcanic Eruption, Velociraptor Pack

Additional Effects:

Start of Environment Turn: 

Play a Card: Obsidian Field enters play.

End of Environment Turn: The Velociraptors tear apart a minion - I'm guessing the Shock Infantry?

In Play: Velociraptor Pack - 3

Obsidian Field

Trash: River of Lava, Primordial Plant Life x2, Volcanic Eruption, Velociraptor Pack

Additional Effects: +1 damage to all

-Reckless

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Round 7

Grand Warlord Voss - Conquering Alien Warlord

Grand Warlord Voss - 33

Cards in Play: TCF Stalwart - 8

Gene-Bound Firesworn - 1

Gene-Bound Soldier - 1

Trash: Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver, Gene-Bound Shock Infantry, Gene-Bound Firesworn, Gene-Bound Banshee, First Lieutenant Vyktor, Gene-Bound Guard x2, Forced Deployment x2

Start of the Villain Turn: Voss flips.

TCF Stalwart hits all heroes for 4.

Play a Villain Card: Field Lieutenant Tamar enters play.

End of the Villain Turn: TCF Stalwart produces a Gene-Bound Guard.

Firesworn hits Fixer for 3 (reduced to 2) [7].

Soldier hits Argent Adept or Chrono-Ranger for 3.

Grand Warlord Voss - 33

Cards in Play: TCF Stalwart - 8

Gene-Bound Firesworn - 1

Gene-Bound Soldier - 1

Field Lieutenant Tamar - 5

Gene-Bound Guard - 3

Trash: Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver, Gene-Bound Shock Infantry, Gene-Bound Firesworn, Gene-Bound Banshee, First Lieutenant Vyktor, Gene-Bound Guard, Forced Deployment x2

Additional Effects: Damage dealt to Voss reduced by 2 x [# of minions], +1 damage dealt to Voss, -2 damage dealt to villain targets, -1 damage dealt by heroes.

-Reckless

SmellyTie

I guess ill take the 3 over CR

Argent Adept

HP: 1

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Sarabande of Destruction, Instrumental Conjuration, Telamon's Lyra

In Play: Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell, Inspiring Supertonic, Inventive Preparation

Trash:  Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Xu's Bell,  Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration, Alacritous Subdominant

Additional Effects: 

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Sarabande of Destruction

Use a Power: Xu's Bell, activating Syncopated Onslaught boosting damage again (Which ever two want it) and Inspiring Supertonic to regain 2 HP.

Draw a Card: Telamon's Lyra

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 3

Hand: Drake's Pipes, Instrumental Conjuration, Telamon's Lyra, Counterpoint Bulwark

In Play: Syncopated Onslaught, Xu's Bell, Inspiring Supertonic, Inventive Preparation, Sarabande of Destruction

Trash: Arcane Cadence, Scherzo of Frost and Flame, Cedistic Dissonant, Rhapsody of Vigor, Silver Shadow, Vernal Sonata, Instrumental Conjuration, Alacritous Supertonic

Additional Effects: Two people do +1 damage until my turn!!

PlatinumWarlock

(I'm likely to be dead next turn unless The Stalwart somehow vanishes.  I'm going to toss down The Whole Gang again, so if we can get it to 4 hp, we can take out a minion and scrap it.)

(I'm going to forgo the +1s in favor of Fixer and Expatriette, unless you really want me to take one.)

(It occurs to me that if we leave the G-B Firesworn alive, the Velociraptors will take him out,)

HP: 4

Hand:  Temporal Grenade, Eye on the Prize, Ranger's Mark, Bounty Board

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss),The Ultimate Target (Voss)

Trash:  Eyes on the Prize (x2), Displaced Armory, Hunter and Hunted, No Executions, Kill on Sight, Ranger's Mark, Danny-Boy, Just Doin' My Job, The Whole Gang

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card:  Ranger's Mark (pulling The Whole Gang from the trash and placing on on G-B Guard, negligible damage rider)

Jim's Hat allows a second play:  Eye on the Prize (Negligible damage, draw Dead or Alive (YES!!!) and play Dead or Alive on Voss)

Use a Power: The Masadah (5 Irreducible Energy Damage on The Stalwart [3])

Draw a Card: Bounty Board

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 4

Hand:  Temporal Grenade, Bounty Board (x2)

In Play: The Masadah, By Any Means (on Voss), The Ultimate Target (on Voss), Jim's Hat, The Whole Gang (on G-B Guard), Dead or Alive (on Voss), 

Trash: No Executions, Eyes on the Prize (x3), Displaced Armory, Ranger's Mark, Hunter and Hunted, Danny-Boy, Just Doin' My Job, Temporal Grenade, Sudden Contract, Kill On Sight, Ranger's Mark

Additional Effects:

cmschex
Playtester

Actually, if you pop the whole gang on the Guard, I can pop him to reduce to take out the Stalwart so we dont have a -3 DR in play

PlatinumWarlock

cmschex wrote:

Actually, if you pop the whole gang on the Guard, I can pop him to reduce to take out the Stalwart so we dont have a -3 DR in play

Good idea--I'll do that, then.  Editing now.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm guessing we do not want Voss to flip while Obsidian field is out, so I'll attack Tamar and the raptors hit a minion.  Hopefully I get something good with Arsenal Access.

One or two rounds and we got this, let us hope the environment is kind.

Edit:  With damage +2 and -2 I can do at least four, if a bonus damage ammo comes out with arsenal access I will kill the Lieutenant.  That is my hope, we'll see  Sadly I chose to save shock rounds and use inferno last turn, otherwise I'd be set.  Shock will be great for finishing this mess though.

If I get a +damage ammo with arsenal access we will be left with one after the enviro turn.  (unless the environment screws us up, which it likes to do)

cmschex
Playtester

Actually, could we manipulate it so that Tamar is at 1?  I cant remember how much damage Expat can do, but if the raptors could hit here, we should only take damge from the minions

PlatinumWarlock

Ideal scenario is us leaving precisely one minion out after the environment turn: that keeps Voss from flipping and reduces the overall damage we're taking.

cmschex
Playtester

HP: 5

Hand:  Dual Crowbars, Overdrive, Bloody Knuckles, Jack Handle, Meditation

Trash: Meditation x2, Driving Mantis, Overdrive, Salvage Yard, Charge, Toolbox, Grease Gun, Riveting Crane

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn: 

Play a Card: Overdrive

Use a Power: Strike the Gene Bound Guard , killing him and detroying the Stalwart.  Strike Voss for 5 (28)

Draw a Card: Charge

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 5

Hand:  Dual Crowbars, Charge, Bloody Knuckles, Jack Handle, Meditation

Trash: Meditation x2, Driving Mantis, Overdrive x2, Salvage Yard, Charge, Toolbox, Grease Gun, Riveting Crane

Additional Effects:

Pages