The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode #33 - Voss Under the Sea

200 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I have an assault rifle that would deal 4 damage to 3 targets with Hasty Augmentation and that would kill any minions that come out next round.  That way your bots would be free to attack Voss entirely.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

The Sentinels

HP: Idealist [10]; Dr. Medico [12]; Writhe [13]; Mainstay [14]

Hand: Positive Energy; Horrifying Dichotomy; Dark Delusions;  Second Chance; Blackout; Restorative Burst; Coordinated Assault

In play: Sentinel Tactics

-------------------------------------

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Coordinated Assault:  Mainstay deals net 6 damage to Voss [59].

Sentinel Tactics Triggers!  Block:  The Sentinels have DR 1 for the turn.

Use a power: Telekinetic Jab:  Idealist deals net 2 psychic damage to Voss [57].

Draw a card: Human Shield

End of hero turn:  Hippocratic Oath triggers:  Platform Bot [3]; Swift Bot [5]; and Idealist [11] each regain 1 hp.

---------------------------------------

HP: Idealist [11]; Dr Medico [12]; Writhe [13]; Mainstay [14]

Hand: Positive Energy; Horrifying Dichotomy; Dark Delusions, Second Chance, Blackout, Restorative Burst; Human Shield

In play: Sentinel Tactics; Hippocratic Oath, Durasteel Chains, Caliginous Form

Trash:  Team Communication (x2), Horrifying Dichotomy; Unique Capabilities (x2); Positive Energy (x2); Dark Delusions; Fling Into Darkness; Coordinated Assault (x2)

Additional effects: The first time one of The Sentinels deals damage in a turn, I may use a power.

Whenever Dr. Medico would deal damage, prevent the deamage and instead heal 1 Hero Target that much HP (Hippocratic Oath)

Reduce damage dealt to Mainstay by 1.  Increase damage dealt by Mainstay by 1. (Durasteel Chains)

The first time Writhe would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain target with the highest HP. (Caliginous Form)

The Sentinels have DR 1 until the start of their next turn (DR 2 for Mainstay). (Block)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

DARK VISIONARY

HP: 20

Hand: Decoy Projection, Mass Hemorrhage

In play: Mass Levitation

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Decoy Projection (5)

Use a power: Mass Levitation

Draw a card: Foresight

End of hero turn:

Hand: Cerebral Hemorrhage, Foresight

In play: Mass Levitation, Decoy Projection (5)

Trash:  Prophetic Vision (x2), Brain Burn, Mass Levitation, Mental Divergence, Mind Spike, Psychic Maelstrom

Additional effects:

Until the start of Dark Visionary's next turn reduce damage dealt by environment cards by 3. (Mass Levitation)

When the Visionary would be dealt damage redirect that damage to this card (Decoy Projection)

===

Comments:

Keep Mass Levitation up as a precaution.   Putting the decoy out as there is not a good alternative.  No fun cards drawn.  :(

Powerhound_2000

Dark Watch Expatriette

HP: 22
Hand: "Pride", Incendiary Rounds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start
Play: Incendiary Rounds on Assault Rifle
Power:  Tactical Shotgun - deal 4 proj damage to Voss[53]
Draw: RPG Launcher
End 

HP: 22
Hand: "Pride", RPG Launcher
Play: Tactical Shotgun, "Prejudice", Assault Rifle,Incendiary Rounds
Trash:  Arsenal Access, Flak Jacket, Speed Loading, Quick Draw, Reloadx2, Tactical Shotgun, RPG Launcher
Effects:  When power on Assault Rifle is used change damage to fire, increase damage by one, and then destroy Incendiary Rounds

---------
Note:
I'm expecting Hasty Augmentation to be used on me and when that happens I'll be dealing 5 fire damage to three targets taking out any minions still in play and dealing Voss damage. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

cmschex
Playtester

Ruins of Atlantis

In Play: Atlantean Font of Power

Trash: Toxic Seaweed, The Krakenx2, Phosphorescent Chamber

Start of Turn: Atlantean Font of Power destroys itself

Play: Leaking Room

End of Turn:

-Heores cannot play hero cards

-Increase all Lightning damage by 2

cmschex
Playtester

Grand Warlord Voss Advanced 

Grand Warlord Voss (53) - Super Thorathian Warrior

In Play:

Villain Trash:Gene-Bound Firesworn, Forced Deployment, Gene-Bound Frosthound, Gene-Bound Ion Lancer, TCF Conqueror, Gene Bound Psi Weaver, Filed Leitenant Tamar

Start of Turn: 

Play: Gene Bound Firesworn

End of Turn: Voss deals 3 Energy damage to Expatriette (19) and 2 Fire Damage to Raptor Bot , redirected to Stealth Bot (4) 

Voss plays Forced Deployment

Firesworn deals 2 fire damage to Unity (19)

========================
Effects:
-Reduce damage to Voss by 1 for each Minion in play

==========
Grand Warlord Voss (53) (DR 1)

Gene-Bound Fireswron (3) 

Forced Deployment

==========
Setback    - incapped

Unity   - 19

Swift Bot - 5

Stealth Bot - 4

Platform Bot - 3

Raptor Bot - 2

Champion Bot - 8

Mainstay  - 14

Writhe - 13

Dr Medico - 12

The Idealist - 11

Dark Visionary - 20
Dark Watch Expatriette    - 19

Let me know if any of that damage is getting redirected

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Redirect the Raptor Bot damage to Stealth Bot, please. Looks like no Hasty Augmentation this time around.

Powerhound_2000

Well no card plays at all.   If I could have Setback give me a power play then I can take out the Firesworn with my shotgun so that bots can chew on Voss this turn.   Next turn will hurt though as we will have at least two minions who deal everyone damage.  

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I don't have a better idea.

PlatinumWarlock

Sounds good on my end--cock that shotgun, Expat!

Powerhound_2000

I do find it a bit humorous next turn that Dark Visionary's decoy will take all of Voss's hit next turn since Viz is the highest health thus directing it to the decoy and then the  decoy will take the second part of the hit.  

Powerhound_2000

Unless dpt has a better idea for Setback's incap abilities I'll be killing a Firesworn with 4 proj damage since we can't play cards this round.  

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Does taking out the Firesworn net damage against Voss? The Firesworn will be coming right back of course. Ex-Patriette can have the power use.

Powerhound_2000

It either breaks even or allows for a bit more damage

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

OK, go for it!

Powerhound_2000

Dark Expat deals 4 proj damage using tactical shotgun to Firesworn[x] with Setback's incap ability.  Unity is up next.  

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unity

HP: 19
Hand: Modular Workbench (2), Scrap Metal (2), Volatile Parts, Brainstorm, Hasty Augmentation, Robot Reclamation
Play: Volatile Parts, Swift Bot [5], Stealth Bot [4], Platform Bot [3], Champion Bot [8], Raptor Bot [2]
Trash: Construction Pylon (2), Supply Crate, Bee Bot, Turret Bot, Brainstorm (2), Flash Forge, Inspired Repair, Powered Shock Wave (2), Robot Reclamation
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases; Stealth can redirect damage and has DR1; Platform deals damage and has DR1; increase damage by Unity and bots by 1; Raptor deals damage; Unity deals damage when bots die

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start:
Play: Skip
Play: Skip
Power: Skip
Draw: Bee Bot, Raptor Bot, Supply Crate
End: Platform Bot deals 4 damage to the Voss [49]; Raptor Bot deals 7 damage to Voss [42]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand: Modular Workbench (2), Scrap Metal (2), Supply Crate, Volatile Parts, Bee Bot, Raptor Bot, Brainstorm, Hasty Augmentation, Robot Reclamation
Play: Volatile Parts, Swift Bot [5], Stealth Bot [4], Platform Bot [3], Champion Bot [8], Raptor Bot [2]
Trash: Construction Pylon (2), Supply Crate, Bee Bot, Turret Bot, Brainstorm (2), Flash Forge, Inspired Repair, Powered Shock Wave (2), Robot Reclamation
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases; Stealth can redirect damage and has DR1; Platform deals damage and has DR1; increase damage by Unity and bots by 1; Raptor deals damage; Unity deals damage when bots die

PlatinumWarlock

The Sentinels

HP: Idealist [11]; Dr. Medico [13]; Writhe [13]; Mainstay [14]

Hand: Positive Energy; Horrifying Dichotomy; Dark Delusions;  Second Chance; Blackout; Restorative Burst; Human Shield

In play: Sentinel Tactics; Durasteel Chains; Hippocratic Oath; Caliginous Form

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: N/a (Leaking Room)

Use a power: Telekinetic Jab:  Idealist deals net 2 psychic damage to Voss [40].

Sentinel Tactics triggers!  Block:  The Sentinels have DR 1 for the turn.

Draw a card: Unique Capabilities

End of hero turn:  Hippocratic Oath triggers:  Swift Bot [5]; Dr Medico [13]; and Expatriette [20] each regain 1 hp.

HP: Idealist [11]; Dr Medico [12]; Writhe [13]; Mainstay [14]

Hand: Positive Energy; Horrifying Dichotomy; Dark Delusions, Second Chance, Blackout, Restorative Burst; Human Shield; Unique Capabilities

In play: Sentinel Tactics; Hippocratic Oath, Durasteel Chains, Caliginous Form

Trash:  Team Communication (x2), Horrifying Dichotomy; Unique Capabilities (x2); Positive Energy (x2); Dark Delusions; Fling Into Darkness; Coordinated Assault (x2)

Additional effects: The first time one of The Sentinels deals damage in a turn, I may use a power.

Whenever Dr. Medico would deal damage, prevent the deamage and instead heal 1 Hero Target that much HP (Hippocratic Oath)

Reduce damage dealt to Mainstay by 1.  Increase damage dealt by Mainstay by 1. (Durasteel Chains)

The first time Writhe would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain target with the highest HP. (Caliginous Form)

The Sentinels have DR 1 until the start of their next turn (DR 2 for Mainstay). (Block)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

DARK VISIONARY

Hand: Cerebral Hemorrhage, Foresight

In play: Mass Levitation, Decoy Projection [5]

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: n/a

Use a power: Mass Levitation

Draw a card: Mind Spike

End of hero turn:

Hand: Cerebral Hemorrhage, Foresight, Mind Spike

In play: Mass Levitation, Decoy Projection (5)

Trash:  Prophetic Vision (x2), Brain Burn, Mass Levitation, Mental Divergence, Mind Spike, Psychic Maelstrom

Additional effects:

Until the start of Dark Visionary's next turn reduce damage dealt by environment cards by 3. (Mass Levitation)

When the Visionary would be dealt damage redirect that damage to this card (Decoy Projection)

===

Comments:

Status quo.  But the decoy will get Voss' attention.  And now have a Mind Spike to do a bit of damage if needed.

Powerhound_2000

Dark Watch Expatriette

Hand: "Pride", RPG Launcher

Start
Play: n/a
Power:  Tactical Shotgun - deal 4 proj damage to Voss[36]
Draw: Flak Jacket
End 

Hand: "Pride", RPG Launcher, Flak Jacket
Play: Tactical Shotgun, "Prejudice", Assault Rifle, Incendiary Rounds
Trash:  Arsenal Access, Flak Jacket, Speed Loading, Quick Draw, Reloadx2, Tactical Shotgun, RPG Launcher
Effects: When Assault Rifle is used change damage type to fire and increase the damage by one for the power.  Then destroy Incendiary Rounds. 

Note: I'm doing some traveling today so I won't likely be able to post until late tonight.   So if Hasty Augmentation is played on Dark Watch Expat I can hit three targets for five fire damage so I'm fine with the group determining which minions I hit. Just remember the Firesworn are immune to that hit. 

cmschex
Playtester

Ruins of Atlantis

In Play: Leaking Room

Trash: Toxic Seaweed, The Krakenx2, Phosphorescent Chamber, Atlantean Font of Power

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn: Leaking Room destroys itself

Play: Phosphorescent Chamber

End of Turn: Each player must discard a card

-Increase all damage dealt by 1

-Increase all HP recovery by 1

cmschex
Playtester

Grand Warlord Voss Advanced 

Grand Warlord Voss (36) - Super Thorathian Warrior

In Play: Forced Deployment

Villain Trash:Gene-Bound Fireswornx2, Forced Deployment, Gene-Bound Frosthound, Gene-Bound Ion Lancer, TCF Conqueror, Gene Bound Psi Weaver, Filed Leitenant Tamar

Start of Turn: Forced Deployment destroys itself, bringing Firesworn, Frosthound, Ion Lancer, Psi Weaver and Firesworn into play from the Trash

Play: Gene Bound Soldier

End of Turn: Voss deals 5 Energy damage to Visionary, redirected to Decoy Projection (x) and 4 Fire Damage to Raptor Bot (x)

Voss plays Gene Bound Ion Lancer

Firesworn deals 3 fire damage to Visionary or Expat (17)

Frosthound deals 3 cold damage to each hero target ( Unity 16, Champion Bot redirected to Stealth Bot 2, Swift Bot 2, Stealth Bot x, Platform Bot 1, Mainstay 13, Writhe redirects net 0 damage to Voss, Medico 10, Idealist 9, Visionary 17/14, Expatriette 17/14

Ion-Lancer deals 3 energy damage to Platform Bot (x)

Psi-Weaver deals 3 Psychic damage to each hero target (Unity 13, Champion Bot 5, Swift Bot x, , Mainstay 12, Writhe 11, Medico 8, Idealist 7, Visionary 14/11, Expatriette 14/11

Firesworn deals 3 fire damage to the other of Visionary or Expatriette (11)

Soldier deals 3 projectile damage to Unity (10)

Ion-Lancer deals 3 energy damage to Champion Bot (2)

========================
Effects:
-Reduce damage to Voss by 1 for each Minion in play

==========
Grand Warlord Voss (36) (DR 7)

Gene-Bound Firesworn (3) 

Gene Bound Frosthound (3)

Gene-Bound Ion-Lancer (3)

Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver (3)

Gene-Bound Firesworn (3) 

Gene-Bound Soldier (3)

Gene-Bound Ion Lancer (3)

==========
Setback    - incapped

Unity   - 10

Swift Bot - x

Stealth Bot - x

Platform Bot - x

Raptor Bot - x

Champion Bot - 2

Mainstay  - 12

Writhe - 11

Dr Medico - 8

The Idealist - 7

Dark Visionary - 11
Dark Watch Expatriette    - 11

Let me know if any of that damage is getting redirected

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Let's redirect the first instance of Champin Bot damage to Stealth Bot, so it should survive with 2 HP.

cmschex
Playtester

Done

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Wow, I'm impressed everyone survived. Maybe I could let Expat use a power now? The Hasty Augmentation would be serious overkill.

PlatinumWarlock

The Sentinels discard Horrifying Dichotomy to the Phosphorescent Chamber.

I have a third Positive Energy in my Hand, which will heal us all and kill off everything but the PsiWeaver.  Your call, though!

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Dark Visionary discards Foresight.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unity discards Scrap Metal.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

All right, The Sentinels may play a card! You've got a lot of juicy cards in your hand there, and of course you'll also get a power use.

Powerhound_2000

I discard a Flak Jacket

Powerhound_2000

A Hasty Augmentation should allow me to kill off what's left and deal Voss 6 damage with the Assault Rifle.  

Powerhound_2000

Also Unity has Volatile Parts in play shouldn't some minions have died from bots going down?   Depending on order the bots died it could prevent damage to us since it would be 3 Fire damage to the non hero target with the lowest health because of the environment.   The minions are all tied so Unity should have the choice when the bot dies.  

Edit: I'm not sure how much of villain turn redo it would cause but at the least the psi weaver could be taken out after Voss demolished the Raptor Bot

cmschex
Playtester

Curses, stupid volatile parts.  Unity, pick who you want to die.  You'd have to lose bots to kill, Stealth and Raptor were killed by Forsthound, Platform by Ion LAncer, Swift by Psi Weaver

Powerhound_2000

Voss blasted the Raptor bot since he was he lowest health during his attack.  

PlatinumWarlock

Unity, if you could kill the Psi-Weaver with Volatile Parts, that'd be spectacular, because I can wipe the board with the following...

On Setback's turn, The Sentinels play Unique Capabilities!

I search my deck and put Aura of Vision into play.  I draw Second Chance.  I play Positive Energy!

All Hero targets regain net 2 hp (Unity [12]; Champion Bot [4]; Mainstay [14]; Writhe [13]; Medico [10]; Idealist [9]; Visionary [13]; Expatriette [13]

Idealist then deals net 3 psychic damage to all Villain targets--all minions are killed.  Voss is at [34].

Dealing damage with Idealist nets me a Power use:

Idealist uses Telekinetic Jab, dealing net 3 psychic damage to Voss [31]. 

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Also know you are wasting health if you let stealth bot die from its own attack, from an outside observer

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ok, how about this?

Voss kills Raptor Bot - Volatile Parts kills the Frosthound

Firesworn hits Visionary or Expat

Ion-Lancer deals 2 energy damage to Platform Bot [1]

Psi-Weaver hits Platform Bot first, kills it - Volatile Parts kills Psi-Weaver

Firesworn hits Visionary or Expat

Soldier deals 3 to Unity

Ion-Lancer deals 2 to Stealth [2]

This leaves:

Firesworn, Ion-Lancer, Firesworn, Soldier, Ion-Lancer [all 3]

Swift Bot [5], Stealth Bot [2], Champion Bot [8]

And all of the heroes avoid getting hit by the Frosthound and Psi-Weaver.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

This is a placeholder for my turn. I need to go pass out, but I'll put something together in the morning. Tentative plan is Hasty Augmentation + Modular Workbench, get Raptor Bot in play, chew on Voss.

cmschex
Playtester

That works, I'll edit accoringly when I get the chance, but for ca;culations sake that would leave Viz and Expat at 17 and Unity at 16

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unity

HP: 18
Hand: Modular Workbench (2), Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, Volatile Parts, Bee Bot, Raptor Bot, Brainstorm, Hasty Augmentation, Robot Reclamation
Play: Volatile Parts, Swift Bot [6], Stealth Bot [4], Champion Bot [8]
Trash: Construction Pylon (2), Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, Bee Bot, Platform Bot, Raptor Bot, Turret Bot, Brainstorm (2), Flash Forge, Inspired Repair, Powered Shock Wave (2), Robot Reclamation
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases; Stealth can redirect damage and has DR1; increase damage by Unity and bots by 1; Unity deals damage when bots die

Start:
Play: Hasty Augmentation - Expat can use a power and its damage is boosted by 2 (I'm assuming shotgun for 7, with all the minions gone)
Play: Modular Workbench
Power: Modular Workbench - discard Scrap Metal and play Raptor Bot
Draw: Brainstorm, Raptor Bot
End: Raptor Bot deals 7 melee damage to the Voss [17]

HP: 18
Hand: Modular Workbench, Supply Crate, Volatile Parts, Bee Bot, Raptor Bot, Brainstorm (2), Robot Reclamation
Play: Modular Workbench, Volatile Parts, Swift Bot [6], Stealth Bot [4], Champion Bot [8], Raptor Bot [2]
Trash: Construction Pylon (2), Scrap Metal (2), Supply Crate, Bee Bot, Platform Bot, Raptor Bot, Turret Bot, Brainstorm (2), Flash Forge, Hasty Augmentation, Inspired Repair, Powered Shock Wave (2), Robot Reclamation
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases; Stealth can redirect damage and has DR1; increase damage by Unity and bots by 1; Raptor deals damage; Unity deals damage when bots die

Powerhound_2000

Yep Shotgun for 7 on Voss [24]

Powerhound_2000

Much like yesterday I won't be able to post again until much later.   My plan for my turn is to play Pride and use it's power to deal Voss six damage from Pride and Prejudice.   If Voss is somehow still alive I'm discarding RPG launcher at the end of the environment turn unless I find something worse to discard from my draw. 

PlatinumWarlock

The Sentinels

HP: Idealist [9]; Dr. Medico [12]; Writhe [13]; Mainstay [14]

Hand: Second Chance (x2); Blackout; Restorative Burst; Human Shield

In play: Sentinel Tactics; Durasteel Chains; Hippocratic Oath; Caliginous Form; Aura of Vision

Start of hero turn:  Expatriette may draw a card! (Aura of Vision)

Play a card: Blackout!  Writhe deals Voss net 3 melee damage [14].  Because Writhe dealt the damage, he deals Voss an additional net 3 infernal damage [11]

Sentinel Tactics triggers!  Block:  The Sentinels have DR 1 for the turn.

Use a power: Telekinetic Jab:  Idealist deals net 3 psychic damage to Voss [8].

Draw a card: Sentinel Tactics

End of hero turn:  Hippocratic Oath triggers:  Three of Unity's bots each regain net 2 hp.

HP: Idealist [9]; Dr Medico [12]; Writhe [13]; Mainstay [14]

Hand: Second Chance (x2), Restorative Burst; Human Shield; Sentinel Tactics

In play: Sentinel Tactics; Hippocratic Oath, Durasteel Chains, Caliginous Form; Aura of Vision

Trash:  Team Communication (x2), Horrifying Dichotomy; Unique Capabilities (x2); Positive Energy (x3); Dark Delusions; Fling Into Darkness; Coordinated Assault (x2)

At the start of The Sentinels' turn, if Idealist is active, one player may draw a card. (Aura of Vision)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Dark Visionary will Mind Spike Voss for 4 psychic [4].  This sets him up for Expatriette to dispatch him via Pride and Prejudice.

"Warlord Voss's Fortress"

I'd like to be under the sea
In the Warlord Voss's Fortress in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been
In his Warlord Voss's Fortress in the shade

I'd ask the heroes to come and see
The Warlord Voss's Fortress with me
I'd like to be under the sea
In the Warlord Voss's Fortress in the shade

We would be warm causing a storm
In his little hideaway beneath the waves
Bashing his head on the sea bed
In the Warlord Voss's Fortress near a cave.

cmschex
Playtester

Hey, at least that lasted longer than the last game I ran in which the heroes dispatched Plague Rat in a round and a half

Powerhound_2000

Drew Unload from Aura of Vision.  Time for some overkill

Powerhound_2000

Dark Watch Expatriette

Hand: "Pride", RPG Launcher, Unload

Start
Play:  Unload
Power:  Tactical Shotgun - deal 5 proj damage to Voss[x], 
Assault Rifle - Deal 4 fire damage to Voss [x], Incendiary Rounds are destroyed. , 
"Prejudice" - Deal 3 proj damage to Voss [x] for good measure

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nice game, everyone. Thanks for running it, cmschex!

PlatinumWarlock

Well done, all!  Thanks for running it, cmschex!

Pages