The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode #33 - Voss Under the Sea

200 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I can take 4 and ideally Mainstay should as well since he has a DR of two.   I was hoping Setback might survive but it was not so.   

Setback should let the Sentinels or me use a power.  I've got 5 damage from the shotgun or you've got 3 damage from the Sentinels along with another power use after dealing damage.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Don't know mind me, I'm just the punching bag!

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Looks like you have Unity set up to take the ship damage already. Regardless, I'll take my shot.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

cmschex wrote:

So, Setback will be incapacitated after hits from 3 of the 5 other heroes.  I assume that he will take that instead of taking his hit.  I need to know which two other heroes will take hte 4 damage from Conqueror

Dark Visionary will take one.

Powerhound_2000

Mainstay should take part of it since with his DR he'll take two damage.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

cmschex
Playtester

So Mainstay for 1, either Viz or Expat for hte other (both have volunteered).  I'll edit the damage totals once y'all decide, then it's Setback turn to decide what someone will do

Powerhound_2000

If Viz takes it this turn I'm the target for Voss's bigger hit next round.  That will give time for Viz to put Mass Levitation and then a decoy into play. 

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Actually, if I can lay claim to Setback's incapacitated ability, I could throw down Positive Energy, which will heal everyone, deal damage to everything, and net me a power use...then I can do it again on my turn.  With the increased healing and damage from Phosphorescent Chamber, it's more beneficial for everyone.

Mainstay could take one of the instances of damage, but Writhe is a better choice, as it'll redirect some damage to a target of our choice.

Powerhound_2000

I'm fine with that.  I forgot you have half your deck in your hand.  

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Oh wait: can I use my remaining two tokens to redirect the damage after it's been reduced by DR?

cmschex
Playtester

Yes, you could do that,  You'd still die, but it would take another instance of damage

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

OK! Well, then, I'll discard two tokens to redirect the 2 damage heading to Mainstay (which becomes 4 damage when it hits TCF Conqueror), then eat the damage to Writhe, Dr. Medico, and Visionary. On my turn, The Sentinels can play a card.

PlatinumWarlock

If we're ready for it, here's The Sentinels' card play:  Positive Energy.

• All Hero targets regain net 2 HP.  (Mainstay [12]; Writhe [14]; Idealist [9]; Dr Medico [13], Unity [19]; Visionary [18]; Expatriette [24])
  • All Villain targets take net 3 psychic damage (Firesworn [x]; TCF Conqueror [8]; Voss [87])
  • Because one of The Sentinels dealt damage, I can use a power:  Telekinetic Jab: the TCF Conquerer takes net 3 psychic damage [5]
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think you guys forgot about Swift Bot when calculating damage, though it won't really matter since everything was going to Setback when lowest HP was getting hit. I assume it took 4 from the TCF Conqueror and then healed 2 by Positive Energy.

Unity

HP: 19
Hand: Bee Bot, Champion Bot, Platform Bot, Raptor Bot, Stealth Bot, Brainstorm, Flash Forge, Hasty Augmentation, Powered Shock Wave, Robot Reclamation
Play: Swift Bot [4]
Trash: Turret Bot, Brainstorm, Powered Shock Wave
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start:
Play: Flash Forge - discard Brainstorm, Robot Reclamation, and Powered Shock Wave; search deck for 2 Construction Pylons and a Supply Crate
Play: Construction Pylon
Power: Construction Pylon - rip up the Pylon to play Stealth Bot and Platform Bot
Draw: Modular Workbench and Robot Reclamation
End: Platform Bot deals 4 energy damage to TCF Conquerer [1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 19
Hand: Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Supply Crate, Bee Bot, Champion Bot, Raptor Bot, Hasty Augmentation, Robot Reclamation
Play: Swift Bot [4], Stealth Bot [5], Platform Bot [3]
Trash: Construction Pylon, Turret Bot, Brainstorm (2), Flash Forge, Powered Shock Wave (2), Robot Reclamation
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases; Stealth can redirect damage and has DR1; Platform deals damage and has DR1

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

For those keeping score:

HP Status:

Villain
Voss - 87
TCF Conquerer - 1

Environment
Kraken #1  - 4
Kraken #2  - 12

(Phosphorent Chamber in play: +1 Dam; +1 Heal - discard effect)

Heroes
Setback -  (incap)
Unity   -  19
  Swift Bot   - 4
  Stealth Bot - 5
  Platform Bot - 3 (DR 1)
Sentinels
  Mainstay  - 12
  Writhe    - 14
  Dr Medico - 13
  Idealist  - 9

Dark Visionary - 18
Expatriette - 24

PlatinumWarlock

The Sentinels

HP: Idealist [9]; Dr. Medico [13]; Writhe [14]; Mainstay [12]

Hand: Positive Energy (x2); Horrifying Dichotomy; Dark Delusions;  Second Chance; Blackout; Fling Into Darkness; Restorative Burst

In play: Sentinel Tactics

-------------------------------------

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Positive Energy (again!):  All Hero Targets regain 2 HP! (Unity [21]; all bots at full HP; Mainstay [14]; Writhe [14]; Dr Medico [13]; Idealist [11]; Visionary [20]; Expatriette [26].  All Villain targets take net 3 psychic damage:  (Conquerer [x]; Voss [84]). 

Sentinel Tactics Triggers!  Block:  The Sentinels have DR 1 for the turn.

Use a power: Telekinetic Jab:  Idealist deals net 3 psychic damage to Kraken #1 (1).

Draw a card: Coordinated Assault

End of hero turn:  Hippocratic Oath triggers:  Visionary [22]; Unity [23]; and Expatriette [28] each regain net 2 hp.

---------------------------------------

HP: Idealist [11]; Dr Medico [13]; Writhe [14]; Mainstay [14]

Hand: Positive Energy; Horrifying Dichotomy; Dark Delusions, Second Chance, Blackout, Fling Into Darkness; Restorative Burst; Coordinated Assault

In play: Sentinel Tactics; Hippocratic Oath, Durasteel Chains, Caliginous Form

Trash:  Team Communication (x2), Horrifying Dichotomy; Unique Capabilities (x2); Positive Energy (x2); Dark Delusions

Additional effects: The first time one of The Sentinels deals damage in a turn, I may use a power.

Whenever Dr. Medico would deal damage, prevent the deamage and instead heal 1 Hero Target that much HP (Hippocratic Oath)

Reduce damage dealt to Mainstay by 1.  Increase damage dealt by Mainstay by 1. (Durasteel Chains)

The first time Writhe would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain target with the highest HP. (Caliginous Form)

The Sentinels have DR 1 until the start of their next turn (DR 2 for Mainstay). (Block)

Powerhound_2000

Should I hit Voss for five, take out a Kraken, or hitting all Krakens and Voss for three?

PlatinumWarlock

Those Krakens are going to annihilate The Sentinels if we don't get them under control.  Taking out at least one is a priority.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

If Telekinetic Jab goes to the lower kraken instead of the higher, you could hit everything -and- take out a kraken.

Powerhound_2000

Viz is planning on playing mass levitation to minimize environment damage.  Not to mention the Bots are the initial target currently 

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

DARK VISIONARY

HP: 22

Hand: Mass Levitation, Decoy Projection, Mind Spike

In play: n/a

-------------------------------------

Start of hero turn:

Play a card: Mass Levitation

Use a power: Mass Levitation

Draw a card: Cerebral Hemorrhage

End of hero turn:

---------------------------------------

HP: 22

Hand: Decoy Projection, Mind Spike, Cerebral Hemorrhage

In play: Mass Levitation

Trash:  Prophetic Vision (x2), Brain Burn, Mental Divergence

Additional effects: Until the start of DV's next turn, reduce damage by environment cards by 3.

===

Comments:  Got a few offensive one shots and a decoy to play.  Will keep Mass Levitation going I think since I don't think speeding Voss' deck turnover with Turmoil is that profitable in comparison since we got the 2nd ship out of the way.

Oh, go Sentinels!  :)

Powerhound_2000

PlatinumWarlock can you update your turn to hit the other Kraken?   That way I can kill one off and still damage everything else.  

PlatinumWarlock

Editing now...good eye!

Powerhound_2000

Dark Watch Expatriette

HP: 28
Hand: Reload, "Pride", Assault Rifle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start
Play: Assault Rifle
Power:  Assault Rifle - deal 3 projectile damage to Voss[81], Kraken 1 [x], and Kraken 2 [9]
Draw: Incendiary Rounds
End 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 28
Hand: Reload, "Pride", Incendiary Rounds
Play: Tactical Shotgun, "Prejudice", Assault Rifle
Trash:  Arsenal Access, Flak Jacket, Speed Loading, Quick Draw, Reload
Effects: 

I'll be discarding my second Reload at the start of the environment turn for my part in getting rid of Phosphorent Chamber

cmschex
Playtester

Ruins of Atlantis

In Play: The Kraken (9), Phosphorescent Chamber

Trash: Toxic Seaweed, The Kraken

Start of Turn: I assume everyone is discarding to destroy Phosphorescent Chamber; if not, let me know

Play: Atlantean Font of Power

End of Turn: Kraken deals 5-3-1=1 melee damage to Platform Bot (2), let me know if this is redirecting to Stealth Bot

Play the top Card of the Villain Deck - Gene Bound Ion Lancer (3)

In Turn order, play the top card of each hero deck

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unity discards Bee Bot for Atlantis

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The order for the Font of Power card plays is Unity, Sentinels, Visionary, Ex-Patriette, right?

Powerhound_2000

Yes that is the right order but we have to get discards settled from The Sentinels and Viz first

PlatinumWarlock

The Sentinels discard Dark Delusions, though, truth be told, I'd almost rather see the Phosphoescent Chamber stay in play.  It makes Medico's healing so much more potent and the extra damage really helps us more than it does Voss.

Powerhound_2000

If we didn't have to worry about Voss minions that hit everyone I would be more inclined to agree.  Not to mention some these environment cards as even with Mass Levitation some of them can still hurt us a bit

edit: we would also be forced to discard every environment turn which as expat is no good.  

PlatinumWarlock

Fair enough; I'm not too worried, either way.  

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Dark Visionary discards Mind Spike.

(Sorry about the delay.  Work n'at.)

Powerhound_2000

Time for card plays then starting with Unity.   Remember that Voss has an Ion Lancer in play if any of the cards that come up deal damage.  

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unity plays Inspired Repair.

Draw Modular Workbench.

Play Supply Crate (I know that I could play a bot, but I'd rather have the start-of-turn card draw from Supply Crate).

Draw Scrap Metal.

Heal Platform Bot back up to 3 (I think the rest are full).

Powerhound_2000

Grysqrl I think you got a bit ahead.  Currently you should be playing the top card of your deck because of the Atlantean Font of Power

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Inspired Repair was my top card. It lets me draw a card and play a card. Supply Crate lets me draw another card.

Powerhound_2000

I'm sorry that sounded like a full turn.   Should've looked up the card first.  

Powerhound_2000

Need a top of deck play from The Sentinels and then Dark Viz. 

PlatinumWarlock

The Sentinels play...Coordinated Assault!

Mainstay deals Voss net 5 damage (5 - 1 + 1) [76].  Because Mainstay dealt damage, The Sentinels get to use a power!

The Idealist uses Telekinetic Jab to deal net 2 damage to the Ion-Lancer [1].

Powerhound_2000

Need a top of deck play from Dark Viz and then I can play the top card of my deck to finish out the environment turn.  

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Dark Visionary plays Psychic Maelstrom - 2 psychic damage to Ion Lancer [x], Voss [74], and the Kraken [7].

Powerhound_2000

Reveal Tactical Shotgun which gets discarded, next is RPG Launcher which I'll use to destroy the Kraken and deal 2 Fire damage to Voss [72]

That should be it for the environment turn. 

cmschex
Playtester

Grand Warlord Voss Advanced - Round 2

Grand Warlord Voss (72) - Conquering Alien Warlord

In Play:

Villain Trash:Gene-Bound Firesworn, Forced Deployment, Gene-Bound Frosthound, Gene-Bound Ion Lancer, TCF Conqueror

Start of Turn: 

Play: Gene Bound Psi-Weaver

End of Turn:

Voss deals 4 energy damage to Expatriette (24)

Voss 3-1 fire damage to Platform Bot (1) (let me know if Stealth is taking this)

Voss plays Field Lieutenant Tamar

Psi-Weaver deals 2 damage to all Targets: Expat (22), Unity (21), Visionary (20), Mainstay (14), Writhe (13), Dr Medico (12), The Idealist (10), Swift Bot (4), Stealth Bot (4), Platform Bot (x)

========================
Effects:
-Reduce damage to Voss by 1 for each Minion in play

-Reduce damage to Thorathians and Minions by 1 (Tamar)

==========
Grand Warlord Voss (90) (DR 2)

Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver (3) (DR 1)

Field Lieutenant Tamar (5) (DR 1)

==========
Setback    - incapped

Unity   - 21

Swift Bot - 4

Stealth Bot - 2

Platform Bot - 2
Mainstay  - 14

Writhe - 13

Dr Medico - 12

The Idealist - 10

Dark Visionary - 20
Dark Watch Expatriette    - 22

Let me know if any of that damage is getting redirected

Powerhound_2000

It's probably best for Setback to give a The Sentinels a card play again as they have a few different options to take out Tamar. 

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Stealth Bot will take the initial shot to Platform Bot, so they should both be at 2 HP.

PlatinumWarlock

Unless there are objections, The Sentinels will play Fling Into Darkness on Setback's turn, which kills Tamar and gives us a free power usage again.  We'll use that power usage to heal Stealth Bot back up to 5.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sounds good to Stealth Bot.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

And sounds good to Setback.

Powerhound_2000

Looks like Unity can go then with a Tamar down and a healed stealth bot

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unity

HP: 21
Hand: Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench (2), Scrap Metal, Champion Bot, Raptor Bot, Hasty Augmentation, Robot Reclamation
Play: Supply Crate, Swift Bot [4], Stealth Bot [5], Platform Bot [2]
Trash: Construction Pylon, Bee Bot, Turret Bot, Brainstorm (2), Flash Forge, Inspired Repair, Powered Shock Wave (2), Robot Reclamation
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases; Stealth can redirect damage and has DR1; Platform deals damage and has DR1

Start: Destroy Supply Crate to draw Scrap Metal and Volatile Parts
Play: Construction Pylon
Play: Volatile Parts
Power: Construction Pylon - rip up the Pylon to play Champion Bot and Raptor Bot
Draw: Brainstorm and Volatile Parts
End: Platform Bot deals 4 damage to the Psi-Weaver [X]; Raptor Bot deals 7 damage to Voss [65]

HP: 21
Hand: Modular Workbench (2), Scrap Metal (2), Volatile Parts, Brainstorm, Hasty Augmentation, Robot Reclamation
Play: Volatile Parts, Swift Bot [4], Stealth Bot [5], Platform Bot [2], Champion Bot [8], Raptor Bot [2]
Trash: Construction Pylon (2), Supply Crate, Bee Bot, Turret Bot, Brainstorm (2), Flash Forge, Inspired Repair, Powered Shock Wave (2), Robot Reclamation
Effects: Unity can draw 2 cards and play 2 cards during the corresponding phases; Stealth can redirect damage and has DR1; Platform deals damage and has DR1; increase damage by Unity and bots by 1; Raptor deals damage; Unity deals damage when bots die

I'll probably use a Hasty Augmentation next round. Let me know if you have a good use for it.

Pages