The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ask ALL the Forumites!

332 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Ask ALL the Forumites!

I really liked the "everyone" question from the other thread, so I started its own thread. Let's just put a little structure in place so that we don't have a bunch of people asking questions. There will only be one question going at a time, and everyone answers that one question. Each question will last for 20 posts. Whoever posts a post that is a multiple of 20 will change the question to whatever they want. Simple and easy, which means it will mess up soon. Let's get started with the first question.

What is your favorite food to eat with your hands tied behind your back?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

*cough* NSFW

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Noodles Spaghetti Fettuccini... I can't work out what the W stands for though

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

NSFW, yes.

Family Friendly answer:

Jello.  It's one of the few foods I could eat like that that wouldn't give me a rash.  Skin allergies, blah.

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

Noodles Spaghetti Fettuccini... I can't work out what the W stands for though

...waffles.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Salad

Sorry, but it's my favoriate thing to eat before you put any stipulations on it, so why would it change?

Or ice cream.

It's a toss-up...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So you like tossed salad or tossed ice cream?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Chocolate chip cookies.   

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Something with dark chocolate and sea salt.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Apples floating on tub of water... or donuts hanging from a string... 

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

jagarciao wrote:

Apples floating on tub of water... or donuts hanging from a string... 

Pretty sure we did donuts hanging from a string at a youth group event one time.

Also Freddo Frogs... that we had to take out of the packaging without using our hands.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pydro wrote:

So you like tossed salad or tossed ice cream?

Yep! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

How do we know when the questions end?!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

We follow the Sentinel's instructions and read what is on the card.

Pydro wrote:
Each question will last for 20 posts. Whoever posts a post that is a multiple of 20 will change the question to whatever they want.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

What if you tire before it's done?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

grysqrl wrote:

What if you tire before it's done?

That's a new question. We're not there yet. :-P

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Then you eat some nutritious food (with your hands tied behind your back) and pick up where you left off.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Food?  Hmm.  Let's go with a really rare steak.  Since I've decided not to use my hands and thus must be fed by an attendant, I'll make the side dish easy and go with garlic mashed potatoes.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I don't usually eat food without my hands tied to my back... Nachos seem like they would be fun to eat though...

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

All food is finger food. Thats a life philosophy I live by.

New question!:

Whats the story behind your forum name and avatar?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

For forum name can be seen here https://greaterthangames.com/comment/53439#comment-53439

For avater, it's simply my Maple Story character, RonnieRonway, the crossbowman. Not much to it other than that. The reason I use it is... Can't remember, I used as an avatar for one thing, since I didn't really have anything I really wanted and it just kind of stuck.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I do this not because I don't like the question - I think it's a brilliant one, in fact - but because I worship chaos:

Pydro wrote:

Years and years ago, when you had to buy minutes for the internet, I needed a name for my AOL account. Being into fantasy and magic, I combined "pyro" and "hydro" to get "Pydro." As people got to know that email address, it just became eaiser to use that as my screen-name everywhere.

Matchstickman wrote:

If you look to the left you will see my avatar, that is Kevin Matchstick. He is a comic book character from a series called Mage: The Hero [D-word]. The first was "Discovered", the second "Defined", the third is slated to be "Denied".

The first series came out in 1984 and the second came out in 1997. During that time the writer and penciler, Matt Wagner, continued to work in the comic book industry and kept trying to get the second series produced, obviously eventually he did.

My name, Matchstickman, is a reminder to me don't drop your dreams, that if you keep at it you can get what you want eventually.

phantaskippy wrote:

Phantaskippy came from shortly after my old Russian Blue Tomcat died when I was 19.  I don't know how many people can say they had a pet that truly belonged to them, but Skippy was mine.  We got him when I was 7 and he was very little.  He grew up to be a big cat (19lbs and 3 feet long stretched out) and was a really cool cat.  He could open doors, he ruled the neighborhood, he was nice to his kittens, he was a great cat.

I had a kind of sucky childhood, and for a number of years that cat was the only friend I thought I had.  He died at 12 years old, I was home on break  from school and he had been acting pretty sick.  His last night alive I held him as I sat on our bathroom floor and his body failed.  The next day I buried him under our Peach tree.  He was all black with a small white spot on his chin.

I got back to school and someone hacked my E-mail address, my new one I made in honor of my dead cat.  PhantaSkippy, the name stuck and I've become known by it enough online that I stick with it.  I honestly learnd more about being a man, a good person and a father from that cat than I did from so many men who tried to take that role in my life.  To this day it is a great reminder that we can find what we need in the most unlikely of places.

I'm sorry if this is more info than you really wanted, I could honestly go on all day telling stories about that cat.

jagarciao wrote:

It's simply J. A. Garcia O. 

It's just my first and middle name initials followed by last name and then second last name initial. It's my gmail address so it was the default name when I signed up to the forum and I didn't know you could change it. By the time I figured out the username could be changed, well I just couldn't be bothered anymore...

Envisioner wrote:

I've gone by Envisioner more often than not for the past 10 years; to me, imagination is more than just a way to keep oneself amused, it is the way that we project a future for ourselves and discover all of the possibilities that might await us.  I am a Dreamer and a Visionary in so many ways...and sometimes I kinda think I come from the future too.

imprimis5 wrote:

I use this username in many places. No joke, it came to me in a dream, during my college days of often-altered states. "Imprimis" means "in the first place" or "at the front." The "5" comes from, well, probably some plant somewhere. It stuck, and it's a hassle to change it or think up anything else.

Ronway wrote:

It's not too interesting of a story actually. There is a game for the Playstation (even has a remake on the PSP that I wasn't too found of) called Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. There is a character in said game that is named Duke Judah Ronway. He isn't really even a character that I liked, infact he was a bit of a jerk. I did like the name Ronway for some reason, i'm not entirely sure why it ended up sticking with me, but I have been using it for about a decade now for just about everything I do. At first I typically used it has a surname, Dryu was the one I used most often (Dryu is a name of a dragon ally in Shining Force Neo, that I was totally stoked for until I actually played it...), but the one I am probably known most by is Ronnie. That is because I was a lot more active in Maple Story with that name, then any other thing a did with Dryu Ronway. Though sometime after my Maple Story days, I started dropping the given names and only Ronway remained. These days, If Ronway is already taken on something, I tend to name it RonwayX or WickedRonway instead. As of right now, the only account I use semi-regularly that doesn't use Ronway is my GameFaqs account, which is DryuR. Bet you can't guess what the R stands for!

Before any of those names, for games I would name my character Rat. Or as I got a bit older and would giggle at swear words, I would use Damnrat. Monster Tamer was something I would use on the internet. There were a few more names inbetween Monster Tamer and Ronway, but during that time it was what ever I could think of at the time.

McBehrer wrote:

So, I was in Forensics in High School. In case you don't know, it's kind of a catch-all for a number of performance-based competitions, including poetry/prose reading, improv acting, etc; some solo, some duets. One of them had me and a friend performing an improv scene, where we were given a setting and a cast of characters, and 15 minutes or so to create a scene; then we acted it out. In the scene, we were a couple of people in a bar; being very drunk, when asked my name, I started rambling about how I names were stupid and you should be called by something that fits you. "So... call me... Mc... Bear! Because... Mc is a name!"

"Because you're Scottish!"

"... Yeah, that too. And... Bear, because I'm big. And hairy.

... like a bear."

And I thought it was kind of a cool name, so I changed the spelling to seem more name-like, and it's been my username for things ever since.

Donner wrote:

Donner is short for Donald R (for Robert).  It's a family name.  In Kindergarten they aske if I preferred Donner or Donald.  I figured kids would only call me names one way with Donner, so I chose it (plus it's what my family has always called me).

Nielzabub wrote:

My name is Niel. For a while my handle was NielnotNeil because that's how people commonly misspell my name. When playing Rock Band 3, Reckless suggested naming my character Nielzabub. I liked it and have kept with it ever since.

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

A few years back, a friend and I started a (short-lived) webcomic. It was, essentially, versions of our group of friends playing role-playing games in an attic during the zombie apocalypse, and the character who was 'me' had blue hair. It was posted on deviantART, and I didn't have a deviantART account, so when I wanted to comment on it I had to create an account, and I picked the username Blue-Hair.

The Meerkat got added after the third or fourth website's 'an account already exists with this username' message. I don't know why I picked Meerkat in particuar, I just liked it. It's the name I use most of the time now, though I'm BlueHairedKat or BlueMeerkat in some places with steep character limits.

Rabit wrote:

My first name is Russell. (That matters later.) Got the nickname Rabbit in high school. When I got to college, I was on crutches for most of my freshman year and I ate a lot of salads (still do), so when one of the guys found out I had the nickname Rabbit in high school, it became a natural fit. It became so common, when my mom called the dorm and asked for Russell, she'd get confusion, but when she asked for Rabbit, the guys would immediately know who she was talking about. 

In our second-year apartment, we would write notes to each other about phone calls or other messages, planning for things coming up, etc., as we often went for extended periods without seeing each other (due to schedules, etc.). (Keep in mind this was before we had email.) Two of my roommates would spell my name as "Russel". I would harass them about how "it's spelled with two ls", but they decided to just stop using my name and started using Rabbit.

So, naturally, I had to explain that it was spelled with one b. 

From that point on, it was my default name on anything online that needed one.

XXVZ wrote:

I got my "name" from other online accounts.

I could think of anything so I used X twice (my favourite letter) Then V (my secon favourite letter) then Z 'cause it sounded cool.

Not really a complicated story.

EvanDan55 wrote:

My full name is Evan Daniels. I've never minded sharing that with the Internet. So I've always used it, or shortened it to "EDan"

And I like the number 5 so much, I used it twice.

arenson9 wrote:

arenson, sure, but why 9? Well, long ago when the Internet was young, I had to pick a username and it occured to me that it would be cool to be able to keep using the same username as time goes by, but I'd seen how on AOL people often had to pick things like Smith373 because 372 other people were named Smith. I figured there wouldn't likely be nine other people who ever wanted arenson as a username, so if I just started with arenson9 I could probably always use it. So far, so good.

Theta_Sigma wrote:

Theta Sigma is the designation used by The Doctor while he was in the Time Lord Academy. It's not his real name.

I use it in a number of different places, but it's not my only username (not by a long shot). Interestingly, it gets shortened in different ways, depending on where I am using it. Sometimes it's 'Theta', other places it's 'Sigma' or T_S or other variants.

Reckless wrote:

My name is Brandon.  A friend once off-handedly referred to me as Reckless Abrandon (as in "reckless abandon").  From there, a lot of my friends started calling me Reckless.  Thus, my forum name.

Christopher wrote:

As for my username... my name is Christopher. I'm super creative, folks.

SuperRick wrote:

Superman is my favorite superhero and Richard is my first name.  I like Superman because there's very little moral ambuguity to him, generally speaking things are either right or wrong to him - black or white.  He never lies, and he doesn't meddle around much in the gritty gray areas of Batman - though he respects Batman and works with him often.  He's a protector, an inspiration, and a moral compass.

broccoli wrote:

As for my forum name, it came from an OLD show on MTV called Cartoon Sushi, where aspring cartoonists would send in their work to have it aired.  Specifically, this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1YLp1NL_k

Braithwhite wrote:

Basil Braithwhite was a mage I played for several campaigns with my homebrew roleplaying group.  He was proper, genteel, learned, and far too magically powerful for his own good.  He tended to talk first (for good or ill), talk second (usually for ill, at that point), and practiced ethical blood magic (in a world where those two things did not go together).

I picked it as my Enforcer handle, and its been my online name ever since.

Silverleaf wrote:

Well, my forum name isn't that interesting a story really - it involves an old RPG character and an email address, but I'll give you a little more detail. 

It's 1997. I'm at school studying for A Levels, and I'm 17. My friend L starts dating D, who is possibly the geekiest person I've ever met. He's your stereotypical nerd - big glasses, gangly, poor social skills, mad hair, extremely intelligent, awkward, and besotted with L who doesn't yet realise that they are not at all suited to each other (incidentally, both are now happily married to other people). D attends a roleplaying club on Friday nights, and asks L to go with him. She asks me to go too, and because I'm a good friend I agree I'll go to keep her company. I plan to make some excuse to avoid it after that first time because it sounds a bit weird, to be honest.

And so begins my roleplaying career. At the club I meet some interesting people, and the gaming bug bites me pretty hard, beginning with a diceless Nightlife game and then moving into AD&D where the DM gives me a fighter who comes from a slightly magical pirate family who all share the same bright red hair and the surname Red. I give her the unimaginative first name Scarlett, and play her for years. I actually miss her, and should recreate her some time. 

I end up in a relationship with D's best friend C who also attends. We start going to LARP events, and I convert Scarlett to that system, and we decide, as LARPing couples often do (it's very embarrassing) to have an in-character wedding. The shame of it. Everything's arranged, but C manages to get his character killed just before the ceremony and I impress people with my acting skills, being able to actually cry over it (this is a skill I no longer have at all).

A little later I need a new email address, since my old Hotmail one is impossible to use anymore because no-one knew how to avoid getting spammed to death back then. I choose my new web mail provider, but scarlettred is unavailable. I can't think of anything more imaginative so I steal C's character's surname because I'm an idiot, and it just happens to be Silverleaf. And Scarlett Silverleaf sounds okay, I guess. 

I've used it on the internet ever since, but fairly quickly found that people called me Silverleaf or Silver rather than Scarlett. And now I'm used to it, and it's my primary 'net name and has been for a long time.

See, not very interesting.

As for my picture, the G+ crew were discussing their Paint villain avatars, and Envisioner suggested someone do the Ennead. So I did.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wow! Did you just find everything, or did you have it saved somewhere?

I hope we can make it to post #40 now.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Missed one!

grysqrl wrote:

Many years back, I had an insufficiently brief stint in facility management for a group of large buildings. We would use radios to communicate between buildings and had boring numbers for call signs (I was 301). One of the maintenance guys decided that he didn't like the numbers so he assigned new call signs, but just to himself (Woodchuck) and me (Grey Squirrel). It was a small thing, but it injected a little bit of entertainment into a job that really really didn't suit my personality, so it stuck.

I was sitting on a park bench, building a camera out of Legos and a squirrel hopped up on the bench and sat there for a while. I took a photo with my non-Lego camera and then the whole area was bombarded with golf balls (there is a driving range nearby, but we should have been out of range and there were a ton of golf balls really quick...it was weird). One ball hit the bench right between us. The squirrel ran one way and I grabbed my stuff and ran the other way. Then I needed an avatar.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I thought about just linking to previous posts but as my Avatar is not currently Kevin Matchstick...

My current Avatar is Adam's art when he was being distracted by plushy Mr Chomps from this update here

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I suck at asking questions is the lesson learned here

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

You learned the wrong lesson.

The lesson is

BLUEHAIREDMEERKAT IS YOUR NEMESIS! PUT ON YOUR PUNCHING GLOVES AND HAVE AT IT!

Julia
Playtester

Well, I didn't answer this question yet, so I will do so now. And it is going to be DULL!

My forum name is my real first name. Why that is my first name is a completely different story, which is even less interesting than the first one. The reason that I use my first name and not some web alias (I have some of those) is only slightly more interesting: I run a convention and as part of that job I have to mod a bunch of gaming forums etc, and I use my first name because then people know who they are talking to and then immediatly know who to ask for when they get to the con. And then I just started to do that on all gaming related forums. Plus I only got on this forum after working at the >G booth in Essen last year where I met a few forum people, and they only knew my real name, so I figured it was easier to just use the name that people already knew than calling myself 'FlyingFireCarrot' or something equally random. 

As for my avatar, it's 8-Bit Me. I love big pixels and and I cannot lie. My parents and I used to play Point and Click adventures on the computer together when I was really little. You know, Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, Simon The Sorcerer, Discworld 1, Inherit the Earth, ZakMcKracken, Day of the Tentacle... man, the list goes on for ever! Anyway, I didn't want to use my face as a profile pic, but this is a remarkable likeness. I even run like that.

Semper ludens.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Julia wrote:

My parents and I used to play Point and Click adventures on the computer together when I was really little. You know, Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, Simon The Sorcerer, Discworld 1, Inherit the Earth, ZakMcKracken, Day of the Tentacle... man, the list goes on for ever! 

I still am trying to beat Kings Quest for windows 95...

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

My picture is from FandomFest 2013--I dressed my best and got to meet Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, and John Barrowman. Good day.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Pydro wrote:

Wow! Did you just find everything, or did you have it saved somewhere?

I hope we can make it to post #40 now.

I went and found all the things. Mweheheheheh...

Matchstickman wrote:

You learned the wrong lesson.The lesson isBLUEHAIREDMEERKAT IS YOUR NEMESIS! PUT ON YOUR PUNCHING GLOVES AND HAVE AT IT!

:D

Now all we need a nemesis icon...

-Reckless

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

The reason behind my user name is up, but I can tell you about my avatar. It's Kid Flash's chest insignia. 

And I have it because it was the last icon I used as an avatar when I was setting up my forum account. I'd previously used it on Kongregate, where I chose it because I like The Flash, but the Kid Flash symbol looked kinda cool with Kong's colour scheme.

I've considered changing it, but Paul once sent me a message that he associates The Flash with me now, so it's staying.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Rabit wrote:

My first name is Russell. (That matters later.) Got the nickname Rabbit in high school. When I got to college, I was on crutches for most of my freshman year and I ate a lot of salads (still do), so when one of the guys found out I had the nickname Rabbit in high school, it became a natural fit. It became so common, when my mom called the dorm and asked for Russell, she'd get confusion, but when she asked for Rabbit, the guys would immediately know who she was talking about. In our second-year apartment, we would write notes to each other about phone calls or other messages, planning for things coming up, etc., as we often went for extended periods without seeing each other (due to schedules, etc.). (Keep in mind this was before we had email.) Two of my roommates would spell my name as "Russel". I would harass them about how "it's spelled with two ls", but they decided to just stop using my name and started using Rabbit.So, naturally, I had to explain that it was spelled with one b. From that point on, it was my default name on anything online that needed one.

Thanks, Meerkat!

As for my avatar... Because it exists.

EvanDan55 wrote:

My picture is from FandomFest 2013--I dressed my best and got to meet Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, and John Barrowman. Good day.

Ha! When I tell spouse this, she will be most jealous of you!

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Name - old chatroom handle.  The acronym at the end hasn't been applicable for awhile but the name is what I've used for online accounts for over 15 years now, so it's just habit now.

Avatar - the Vengeance expansion heroes are my favorites, particularly Parse, Setback, and the Naturalist, so I went looking for an image for use on this particular forum that reflected that.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

The explanation behind my username has already been shared.  I'm just happy to be here!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

My avatar is a picture of the chest piece for my Gizmoduck costume from last Halloween... I should change it now just t confuse people

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

My avatar is a piece of art inspired by one of the greatest video games of all time.

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

My username is an a derivation of my initals BES. We used it for a typing class to sign in and a classmate noticed. From then on, he would torment me with the nickname Bessie, after the great milk cow of commercial fame. I repurposed the name, turned it into a positive using another play off my name (Brock becomes B-Rock+bessy=bessyrocks). Also, I like the number 12.

Oh, and no avatar for me, thanks.

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Hey, thanks! You just saved me the effort of typing my story out again!

My avatar is just a funny picture I found. I'm a fan of ponies and video games, so it fits. I'm considering changing it, but I never get around to it.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

My avatar is me and Spouse getting ready to get on a hot air balloon.

New question:

What do you like to do besides playing games and hanging out on forums?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Hmmmm. There are two things of which I have more than board games:

Watches - which I like to tinker with and customize

Rum - which I like to drink

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I'm a big comic book nerd, so reading graphic novels (and our slowly growing file) is a big hobby.

I'm also a game designer, so I spend a lot of time writing up new scenarios, games, and the like.  

I love professional football--I grew up in Latrobe, PA, so I'm a Steelers fan from birth.

I also love cooking.  I'm a Food Network addict and love entertaining with big, elaborate dishes.  My G+ profile picture is actually me, carving a bacon-wrapped turducken roll that I served for New Years' Eve a few years back.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I sing, a lot.

I'm in a society that has three choirs (I usually sing in all of them) and I'm currently transitioning between being Alto Section Leader for 13/14 and Print Publicist for 14/15. I've been singing with them since 2005, and I absolutely love it, and my musical ability has improved so much as a result.

I also sing with a different group over the summer, since the society's only active during university term time. And I rarely turn down the opportunity to do karaoke!

When I'm not singing or gaming, I'm creating something. I make mixed media jewellery (mostly in polymer clay and resin), I knit and crochet small things, I do some paper art, I make print and play boardgames, I sew a little, and I can turn my hand to most crafts at a basic level.

I grow organic vegetables and fruit and this year is the beginning of my pea breeding career. As well as "ordinary" varieties, I also have 12 experimental lines growing right now which I have named after the heroes in base SotM plus Unity and Scholar. They are doing nicely. Later I will force them to breed for me! Mwa ha ha ha!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Oh I forgot I like cooking a lot too, especially baking. Food is awesome.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I read a lot, do large quantities of maths and occasionally go folk dancing. Beyond that, I tend to have rather a lot of projects - various writings, game designs, teaching myself to play the keyboard and sundry other things I can't recall right now - which tend to be left unfinished, because I'm bad at following through. Oh, and I enjoy acting and singing, though I haven't done any in close to a year... Also I make biscuits.

-Reckless

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Ok, I'll bite. I play video games, design board and card games, read, watch stacks of documentaries on every subject imaginable (but primarily history), drink and occasionally roast coffee, hike with my dog (a scary big part of my life revolves around my dog), and generally be amazing.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I like working with my hands and making things from scratch. Typically I'm working with wood and/or steel (usually furniture), but I'm a big fan of learning new skills. I've dabbled in music, mechatronics, crochet, photography, cooking, embroidery, gardening, and glass blowing. Sketching and/or painting are likely to come up soon.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I enjoy martial arts (although I don't practice enough. :( ) and working on adventures to run for Saturday games with my friends.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Like Imprimis5, I also love to binge on documentaries. Just watched one on Nicki Barnes last night on Netflix which was really cool. I'm a sax player and a lot of my free time outside of gaming is spent playing and writing (I'm playing the Bitter End tonight in Greenwich Village in NYC!). I love counter culture and try to stay involved as much as I can since I live in a major city. You can find me by the Liberty Bell for Smoke Down Prohibition rallys, at the local e-cig shop talking about comming FDA regulations, even my tabletop hobby came as a reaction to get out of the sink of heavy video gaming. 

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Main things when solo are reading or watching movies/TV/YouTube, so I guess it'd be "experiencing a story."  I need to get back into the habit of working out, as I've let that slide for far too long.  

With friends, aside from gaming there's stuff like drinking, hookah (tobacco only), camping, SCA heavy fighting, snowboarding, and attending Renaissance Festivals where there's more drinking.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I do lots of biking and math and reading (and board games, but you knew that). BlueHairedMeerkat, are you a mathematician as well?

Pages