The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ask ALL the Forumites!

332 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Sadly, Wesley was still under contract when he died.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

So you're saying that Joss Whedon is the real Wolfram and Hart and all his actors are doomed to act in his movies and TV shows even in death?

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I am not just adding a post to move this along.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Not a movie, but you know what would be really cool?

A DCAU kind of thing, but for the world or Sentinel Comics. Start with a hero or two, then another couple of series dealing with other solo heroes (with occasional crossover). As each story builds the world, some series end, while other begin, ending with something like Justice League Unlimited, but focussing on the multiple smaller teams of the setting, rather than a singular large team.

Not every hero or team shows up in every episode, but there are massive arcs that travel cross teams, and cross series.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

After a day at Indy PopCon, I'm completely spent, so no energy to come up with a plot or cast - but I can post to help move us to the next question. wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

That's cheating people! We can't just make post to move it along, just because people are taking forever to respond!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

That's cheating people! We can't just make post to move it along, just because people are taking forever to respond!

Hooray! He's back!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Since this is my question, I should probably give an answer.

Personally, I'd love to see a Haka movie about his life as an immortal. There would of course be plenty of fights, but the focus would be on how Haka has grown and matured over the many years. It has a similar appeal to a Wolverine movie except instead of a guy who's just angry most of the time, we have a layered character who tries to grow emotionally from his own experiences as he overcomes the loneliness and pain that being eternal brings him.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

New Question time.

Who is your favorite Sentinels character, and why?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Absolute Zero, NightMist, Setback, and Tempest are all equal as my favorite characters to play as.

Absolute Zero, NightMist, and Setback are all there because the majority of their cards all kill themself! And I like killing myself.

Tempest is there, because he uses lightning! Who doesn't like shocking their foes? And being an expert at killing everything.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Proletariat. He's a soviet that can replicate himself, uses a giant hammer, and has some cool lines as well.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I can recycle a thing from BGG!

Matchstickman on BGG wrote:
All of them. I like all of them the same so they are all my least favourites. And most favourite too.

Except Tachyon, she's less less awesome than the rest.

EDIT: And I can also add in "Because", because that's why.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Mr Chomps, because robotic dinosaurs :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Absolute Zero, because I like the way his deck works, and that it appears at first to have only one main way of being effective, but is actually incredibly versatile. And from a story perspective? Because he doesn't seem to fit.

I also like Mr Chomps and Bee Bot.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Favorites to play are Parse, Setback, and Naturalist.  I like the backstories and I like the mechanics of each deck, just a little more than any other heroes so far.

Villain-wise, I have a love-hate relationship with Spite.  I really love his backstory, particularly the line "He's looking at me."  Mechanics-wise, the last couple times I've played against him I've just gotten beat down badly even though he shouldn't be that difficult of an opponent.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

Absolute Zero, NightMist, Setback, and Tempest are all equal as my favorite characters to play as.Absolute Zero, NightMist, and Setback are all there because the majority of their cards all kill themself! And I like killing myself.Tempest is there, because he uses lightning! Who doesn't like shocking their foes? And being an expert at killing everything. 

I am sorry, Ronway, but your answer is wrong. You didn't mention an archer that doesn't use silly arrows.

I enjoy playing Bunker. I don't think I have yet to master him, but I am beginning to understand the different variables invloved.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Pydro wrote:

I am sorry, Ronway, but your answer is wrong. You didn't mention an archer that doesn't use silly arrows. 

She was only a candidate during playtesting. Post playtesting she was dropped off being one of my favorites because of some changes made to her deck.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

My favorite is Setback because he has an upbeat attitude and is willing to sacrifice himself for his friends.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Favorite SotM heros to play are: Redeemer Fanatic, Scholar and Setback because they are powerful decks with tons of various ways to utilize them "properly"

Favorite overall character? Mr Fixer or Fanatic. Both their story arcs are gettings really interesting. While the story of a bunch of our heros hasn't really progressed forward, these two have very involved narrative arcs that have only been teased at. 

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Favorite character?  Mister Fixer, hands down.  Followed by Fanatic, Expatriette, and The Scholar.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Right now, I think my favorite hero is Guise...

Okay, no, I can't pick a favorite. I have preferences in different situations, teams, moods... While I might not like some as much as others (Wraith, I'm looking at you and uber-versatility), I really do love playing them all.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Who wants to help me bump this to the next question?

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

I'm kinda surprised we didn't get more responses about favorite Sentinels characters, unless that's because so many people like them all equally?

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm not too keen on "what's your favorite X" questions. They imply that you have to like things to the exclusion of others and assume that preferences are fixed. Not to say that was the intention here, but that's how those questions feel to me. That said, in this moment, Treacherous Ape because it's creepy.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

My favorite is Villainous Weaponry.

It just seems so out of place, all the other problems are like you are just shooting it out in this space station, when suddenly robot weapon of badness shows up, it always makes me laugh.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

grysqrl wrote:

I'm not too keen on "what's your favorite X" questions. They imply that you have to like things to the exclusion of others and assume that preferences are fixed. Not to say that was the intention here, but that's how those questions feel to me.

Yeah, that makes sense, but for casual, entertaining conversation purposes, it's sometimes the first question the person asking can come up with.

Asking questions is hard. blush

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hmm... I wonder if I should just post two more times...

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Captain Cosmic, because that's who I'm writing right now and I'm fickle. 

There. Now someone can ask a question.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

If you could alter one part of the timeline of SotM, what would it be and what side-effects would it cause?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Tachyon would stop mid-fight to eat tacos, not pizzas, and the Sonic-Vortex card would subsequently deal toxic damage.

EDIT: Also, Squeeeeee! The Wrath is edging ever closer!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Lilian's Mask would control rats, not birds, so she'd be able to tell Plague Rat what to do, and subsequently he and all the actual ratty-rats would run wild across the world ("Darken the Earth"?) and the Infection would spread even faster than it was going to before Jim showed up to try and stop it, and then the world would be run by all the fuzzles, yaaay :D.

Okay they are not nice fuzzles but still, rats are rats ;). I hope there are some actual nice rats somewhere in the Multiverse to stand out against the disease-ridden negative stereotypes that are Plague Rat and all the other ones in Pike Industrial :P.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

The FV would be run by Setback.  The team is not known for getting results as Setback's luck tends to "fix" things for them.  Legacy is sent in to take over and clean things up.  Setback idolizes him while Tachyon is miffed about having less lab time (She avoided Setback like the plague after his last visit almost destroyed the city, and did little real superhero work.)

Result:  New promos!

Sidekick Setback - Help out - One player may draw two cards.  Destroy an hero non-character card in play.

Scientific Leader Tachyon - SCIENCE! - Discard a burst card to destroy one ongoing or environment card in play.

Team Fixer Legacy - Lead - One hero other than Legacy may play a card.  Redirect the next damage dealt to them to Legacy.

PlatinumWarlock

I think that I'd alter the lore so that the Heroes got along less.  

As is, it seems like all of the heroes work together well and, while they might have individual quirks and preferences (Ra calling Fanatic a lunatic, for instance), all of them get along and work together consistently as a cohesive, well-organized team.

But, what if Tempest just really didn't get along with Visionary?  Or if Unity got sick and tired of Setback smashing her things?  Why does Legacy put up with a gun-toting lunatic like Expatriette?  

Conflict is at the root of all literature and it's particularly common in the comic-book world.  Avengers vs X-Men, Civil War, Identity Crisis...there are so many great storylines that deal specifically with these hero/hero conflicts, I'd love to see that carried over into SotM.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Oh! Interesting! That's something I'll definitely want to talk about on The Letters Page. There are TONS of heroes that don't get along with each other, but what we see in the card game is them in those final battles in which petty differences and rivalries are put aside because it's time to fight the villains and be heroes, regardless of differences or disagreements.

In my mind, those hero/hero conflicts are myriad, but just looking at the card game material, it's really difficult to see them. That makes sense. I'd just never thought about it. Thank you for posting this!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PlatinumWarlock

I'd definitely be interested in seeing some of the 'less-visible' hero/hero conflicts in SotM!  Consider that my "Letters" submission!

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

On the subject of Legacy and Expatriette I imagine he interacts with her the way he does because he sees a woman who grew up without a father and with a horrible, abusive, bigoted mother. If there is anything we can take away from Legacy (especially after Shattered Timelines), we know that family is important to him.
Expat doesn't have that. Legacy can't make Dawn be a good mother, but he can try to guide her in as fatherly a manner as she'll allow.
He'd want that for his daughter if he wasn't around, so he does what he can for Expat.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hmm ... I can't think of anything I'd want to change about the lore. The closest I've come is thinking that maybe I'd like The Broker not to end up in a wheelchair, but even that seems pretty cool.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Haka and Nightmist are a vegas singing duo, doing crooner songs in a captain and tenille style.

It would be terrible and glorious.

Oh, Haka is playing a small keyboard that he dwarfs.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'd love to see the heroes cosplay as each other or as their favorite Marvel or DC characters.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I would make all of the characters anthropomorphised animals. Not in a punny way, just, like, Legacy would be an eagle and Tachyon a cat, Bunker a beaver, Wraith a bat and Absolute Zero an owl. Something like that. No idea how this would change the multiverse, but it'd be fun!

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

I would make all of the characters anthropomorphised animals. Not in a punny way, just, like, Legacy would be an eagle and Tachyon a cat, Bunker a beaver, Wraith a bat and Absolute Zero an owl. Something like that. No idea how this would change the multiverse, but it'd be fun!

It's not outside the realm of possibility, even in the continuity. I believe Flash went to another dimension in the DC Universe wherein all the characters were cartoony animals. Stands to reason, with all the dimensional thingamajiggery, that it could be possible for a universe to exist within the Multiverse that is similar.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

defeateddust
defeateddust's picture

The thing I would change is that Blake Washington found an artifact of Aten instead of Ra. The worship of Aten was almost monotheistic, and it makes sense on why he would have so much beef with the other gods since in the past he attemted to wipe them all out. 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I would make the Cursed Acolyte the most powerful being in all multiverses.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

I would change the Accursed Acolyte's picture so that it was based off of Matchstickman instead.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I would have the Tumbleweed show up in all times and all dimensions, as it passed through the Time Cataclysm, showing up and distracting villain, hero, and locals alike but making only small, barely-perceptible alterations to the timelines.

Ronway wrote:

It's nice to hear you admit he isn't, already. wink

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Everything would be changed to Steampunk.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Pydro wrote:

Everything would be changed to Steampunk.

Yes! The Joss Whedon arc of Runaways was one of my favourite ever. This would feel so much the same.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Rabit wrote:

Ronway wrote:

It's nice to hear you admit he isn't, already. wink

No one is more powerful than the mighty GloomWeaver... For now.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

All of them are ponies. It wouldn't really change much at all, but I would like it a lot.

edit: oh, man, now I gotta ask a question. Um...

If you could assign the various heroes and villains their own theme songs, which songs would you appoint to them?

I would give Fanatic almost any song by Killswitch Engage. Absolution, Light in a Darkened World, Unbroken, Reject Yourself, Holy Diver...

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

defeateddust
defeateddust's picture

Easy Mr Fixer - Eye of the Tiger

Pages