The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ask ALL the Forumites!

332 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I probably relate the most to Tachyon. No matter what she's doing, there's a sense of humor and irreverence to her.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I most relate to Grand Warlord Voss, due to my enormous space armada and armies of conquered...wait, Voss isn't a hero?

Unity and I have a lot in common, but she's way more intense than me. Argent Adept might be a better pick (though that might be a skosh aspirational). He seems like a relaxed guy that just goes out and does what's needed without creating a lot of conflict (there's already plenty).

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I don't think I really relate to any of them. Shame!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

The Scholar. By day, a mild-mannered f***-up. By night, a man harbouring secret knowledge.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I relate to the Cursed Acolyte. Those chops are awesome, much like my own!

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Between my day job being mostly data analysis and her attitude that seems to blend some snark and expectations of perfection with an overall laid-back relaxation, Parse is the easy answer.  

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

I don't know if I can relate to any single hero in particular.

Tachyon, I guess, with her snark and her science and rambly sentences that go everywhere and nowhere at once.

Plus, if I ever had superpowers, I would absolutely use them for SCIENCE!

Unity's intensity and excitement about stuff she loves, I get as well. (and of course, there's Mr Chomps! :D )

But I"m going to have to chuck Absolute Zero in here too. Having struggled with depression and anxiety, I know what it is like to be surrounded by people who kind of know what you're going through, but don't really understand, and so feel incredibly alone. And I can get pretty abrasive when I'm like that, I know.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Unity--not doing so well in college because I really only have a passion for one thing, and everything else seems boring by comparison. wink

You're free to do whatever you want to.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I feel that I relate to The Scholar most.  I'm pretty laid back, enjoy a cold beverage, and like to serve as an 'advisor' to my friends.

Plus, y'know...The Dude abides.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

I'm gonna go with Tachyon, because laid-back snarkiness and also SCIENCE.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm going to go with Legacy.

I can Identify with having a heritage to be proud of and that you feel you must try to live up to.  I can also identify with everything you do being a front, while the real you is at heart a family man who wants to take care of his wife and kids and tell the world to take a hike.  I can identify with him having friends instead of followers and his overall leadership style.  That level of attachment that breeds loyalty but also can be unhealthy.

I can also identify with getting more than a little crazy when something threatens or harms your family.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Citizen Dawn.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Right now, my favourite non-Sentinels game would probably be Penultima. It's just so much ridiculous fun.The game is for 3-8 players, and in theory only needs a chess board, though I've seen it also use a Diplomacy board, SotM health tokens, dice, and pieces and decks of cards from several other games. The board is set up for a chess game, and two people (the players) are chosen to actually play the game, but the other people (the spectators) make up the rules for how the pieces move - and they don't tell the players. Instead, on their turn a player must ask yes/no questions about whether their pieces can move in certain ways. These questions can be as general ('can any of my pieces move to the far side of the board?') or specific ('can I move this rook onto his queen?'), and they can ask as many questions as they need, but if what they ask is possible then they're locked in to that course of action. Instead of moving a piece, a player can also (if possible) activate a piece for some manner of special ability, which are frequently ridiculous. The goal is to take the enemy king (unless somebody changes it, which is possible).Highlights that I've seen include:Dirty bombs that turn pieces they hit into mindless zombies.A queen who shrinks the chessboard when activated.Castles that, when moved, are deconstructed, carried across the board and eventually rebuilt on the target square.Queens having affairs with enemy kings.Pawns which, when captured, appear on a nearby Diplomacy board and must battle their way to the other side in order to return to the chessboard.A king who earns money by being on the far side of the board, which he can then use to buy enemy pieces.

This looks pretty fascinating.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I relate a bit to Tempest -- people enslaved by Voss / people enslaved by Hitler. A bit of a fish out of water. Trying to do right.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

arenson9 wrote:

I relate a bit to Tempest -- people enslaved by Voss / people enslaved by Hitler. A bit of a fish out of water. Trying to do right.

You forgot that you can control the weather.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

imprimis5 wrote:

arenson9 wrote:

You forgot that you can control the weather.

Well, sorta. I control the cops. THEY control the weather.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:

Citizen Dawn.

Does that mean that everyone on this forum is actually a citizen in your war against humanity? Eh, I could live with that.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:
Right now, my favourite non-Sentinels game would probably be Penultima. It's just so much ridiculous fun.The game is for 3-8 players, and in theory only needs a chess board, though I've seen it also use a Diplomacy board, SotM health tokens, dice, and pieces and decks of cards from several other games. The board is set up for a chess game, and two people (the players) are chosen to actually play the game, but the other people (the spectators) make up the rules for how the pieces move - and they don't tell the players. Instead, on their turn a player must ask yes/no questions about whether their pieces can move in certain ways. These questions can be as general ('can any of my pieces move to the far side of the board?') or specific ('can I move this rook onto his queen?'), and they can ask as many questions as they need, but if what they ask is possible then they're locked in to that course of action. Instead of moving a piece, a player can also (if possible) activate a piece for some manner of special ability, which are frequently ridiculous. The goal is to take the enemy king (unless somebody changes it, which is possible).Highlights that I've seen include:Dirty bombs that turn pieces they hit into mindless zombies.A queen who shrinks the chessboard when activated.Castles that, when moved, are deconstructed, carried across the board and eventually rebuilt on the target square.Queens having affairs with enemy kings.Pawns which, when captured, appear on a nearby Diplomacy board and must battle their way to the other side in order to return to the chessboard.A king who earns money by being on the far side of the board, which he can then use to buy enemy pieces.

This looks pretty fascinating.

It's like Mau with chess! Awesome!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I feel I relate to Plantinum Warlock's answer the most, pretty laid back most of the time, and I tend not to wear pants much.

New question; what is you quest? (life goal/ambition/whatever you want to call it, a Monty Python quote was too good an opportunity to pass up though)

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

My quest is to spread the Way of the Ronway through the entire universe! Forcing all forms of life to worship the most amazing being ever!

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

[Obligatory Monty Python response] To seek the Holy Grail! [/Obligatory Monty Python Response]

Really, I can't say that I have many major goals right now, aside from finding gainful employment again.  My life's been kind of on hold for the past year and a half, so getting back into 'real life' is my biggest priority now.

Julia
Playtester

"This my quest/To follow that star/No matter how hopeless, no matter how far/To fight for the right/Without question or pause/To be willing to march into hell/ For a heavenly cause!"

Yes, you guessed it, my goal is to get the song 'The Impossible Dream' out of my head.

Semper ludens.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I just wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them - my test. To Train them - my cause. I have traveled across this land searching far and wide for each one, trying to understand the power thats inside. I know its my destiny to catch them all.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

To convince 20% of Angelenos leave their cars at home and take transit, ride bikes, or walk for 20% of their trips

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

To comfortably be able to do whatever I want to do, whenever I want to do it.  Legally, of course.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

EdgeDS wrote:

To comfortably be able to do whatever I want to do, whenever I want to do it.  Legally, of course.

A little civil disobedience never hurt anyone

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

True.  I continue to campaign daily for increased speed limits via statements expressed through vehicular motion.

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

To figure out the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. I already know the answer.

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

To help people be happy.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

My quest is too symbolic and abstract for anyone other than me and someone wearing a duck as a hat while upside and singing the American National Anthem in Chinese.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

My short-term quest is to breed a red-podded pea. I expect to see one in 2016, and it will be beautiful.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

To successfully get my kids into adulthood, so they can go away.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

To root out and resolve my neuroses.

To love and be loved.

To gain in frugality (but not cheapness) and wealth to the point that I could retire.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

To outlive my parents and not bury my niece and nephew.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

To live and die in Los Angeles, and love every second of it.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

EvanDan55 wrote:

To live and die in Los Angeles, and love every second of it.

...with Wang Chung supplying the sound track.

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

To get married and possibly start a family.  It seems like it's about time for that.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

lots of good stuff here.

very interesting.

this is not at all a post to set us up for a new question.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

New Question

Which Sentinels Hero or Team would you like to see made into a big Hollywood movie?

Who would direct, write, and star in these movies?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Darkwatch vs Gloomweaver

Written and directed by Joss Whedon. Starring:

NightMist              Amy Acker, because she's awesome

Expatriette           Gina Carano

Setback                 Mark Wahlberg -- he's got the physique, at least. Not sure how well he matches the personality.

Mr. Fixer              Jim Kelley (starred in Enter The dragon). Sadly, he passed away last year.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I choose Dark Watch Vs. GloomWeaver also, but throw in Spite as well. I want to see that arc play out!

And since I don't pay attention to the names of people, I will copy arenson9 for who to direct, write, and star in it!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I would love to see a F4 movie set done like the avengers and their surrounding films.

What I really want is a greatest legacy movie to start it.

To fit the timing I'd have his dad be very young in WW2 like 16 in 1943, and miss most of the war, or at least be viewed as too young to be of any help, then he gets his misfit team and limited work, recon and such, comes across Ramonat and takes out his Zeppelins.

Go through early cold war and the growth of technology that takes him from being a super weapon to being viewed as obsolete.  I'd have him seriously wounded in Korea, or maybe the early parts of Vietnam (like 1960), and he goes home, recovers and starts a family.  Refuses to fight later in the war, and starts to see the supervillain activity on the rise.  No one will listen to him after he refuses to fight in Vietnam and the now older man goes off to investigate the rise of what he suspects is Supervillain activity leading to his eventual death at the hands of Baron Blade.

I'd center the narrative around Young Paul being told about the Legacy tradition, and have flashbacks to his family from the beginning on, the bulk being about his dad, and the end being Finest Legacy stepping up to fill the role he was born to.

You'd get flashbacks to the old Bunker suits, hints of people like Chairman Pike, Citizen Dawn, Haka (I'd have him meet Haka in Vietnam), maybe even the Scholar.  It would be hard to pull off, but amazing to see.

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

I like the idea of an Avengers-type movie series, but I'd hope that the Freedom Four/Five films would be more ensemble pieces (I found Avengers to be somewhat lacking in that).

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I like the Dark Watch, but as a trilogy. The first movie would be Spite, the second Gloomweaver, and the third RevoCorp.

I would like someone like Jane Lynch for ExPatriette, Terry Crews as Mr. Fixer, Benedict Cumberbatch as Gloomweaver, and someone who I can think of but can't name off the top of my head as Spite. Hugo Weaving, maybe.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

If Alexis Denisof doesn't play Spite, it's a crime against humanity.

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

imprimis5 wrote:

Please elaborate, because I can only picture Wesley Wyndam-Price...

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

bessyrocks12 wrote:
imprimis5 wrote:

Please elaborate, because I can only picture Wesley Wyndam-Price...

I'm not sure where imprimis5 was going, but do you remember The Other in the Avengers? The creature on the other side of the universe who was Loki's intermediary? Alexis played him.

Plus, Wesley had some very dark and powerful moments in Angel (don't know if you watched it) that showed an impressive range.

In general, he's a pretty good actor. I don't know if I'd say it would be a crime if he wasn't, but I think he could do it.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Rabit wrote:

I'm not sure where imprimis5 was going, but do you remember The Other in the Avengers? The creature on the other side of the universe who was Loki's intermediary? Alexis played him.

This is exactly what I was going for. Combined with the, er, less-than-ethical Wesley…

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

I forgot about the Other, that helps. Loved Angel, but dark Wesley, while a nice turn for that character, never impressed me as a true villain. He could do a fine job, but maybe more of a character actor for Spite... 

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

I thought the point was that Wesley was never truly a villain. But then again, the whole thing went very soap opera and I lost track of what was meant to be going on.

Pages