The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Letters Page!

247 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Do you talk about Bugbear's bugbears?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Christopher wrote:

(We talk about Bugbear in the NightMist episode.)

Good because the more I look through the cards I don't see much of a connection between them.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Christopher wrote:
(We talk about Bugbear in the NightMist episode.)

Good because the more I look through the cards I don't see much of a connection between them.  

BugBears incap art deserves at least 10 full minutes in and of itself

Powerhound_2000

I would agree that's the only artwork they show up together on.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I would agree that's the only artwork they show up together on.  

Odd isn't it?

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Anyone else think they should release it a day early so I have a reason to wake up on Monday morning?

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Etheria

So, I am looking at the banner for the letters page. It looks like Adam has coffee. Right there with you buddy!

Is Christopher drinking bourbon? Do you drink bourbon whilst you record Christopher. Please say yes!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Etheria wrote:

So, I am looking at the banner for the letters page. It looks like Adam has coffee. Right there with you buddy! Is Christopher drinking bourbon? Do you drink bourbon whilst you record Christopher. Please say yes!

I think Christopher is more of a Scotch guy IIRC, but I guess it's more semantics when talking whiskey.

Etheria

I did nearly say bourbon or scotch actually, as I have some whiskey drinking friends that would keelhaul you for saying it was only semantics :P

How about it Christopher, Bourbon, Scotch?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I am certainly drinking Scotch during each episode of the Letters Page. It's usually an Islay, but sometimes I partake in something else, like a Speyside or even an Island. I have a lot of Scotch here in my office.

Adam is usually either drinking coffee or a flavored sparkling water of some sort.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

What time of day do you and Adam record, if I may ask?

From what I've heard you normally record on Fridays, but this last one you mentioned that you recorded on a Monday.

Fun/Silly idea: Would you and Adam ever consider recording AT Fridays, on a Friday? You could get something to drink there while you record the Letters Page, and I heard that Endless Appetizers were back, if that sweetens the deal. :P

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

We almost always record Fridays around midday. We only record on non-Fridays when one of us will be out of town on the appropriate Friday.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Etheria

I also wanna say... you guys always seem to apologise when you go off onto tangents and things. I can't speak for everyone, but that is one of my favourite things. One of the things that makes this series so appealing is how much damned fun you guys are obviously having whilst doing it

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Idea for an interlude: I'd love to see Christopher and Adam break kayfabe on Sentinels Comics and talk more about the meta of how they came up with the idea for the multiverse, the origins of the characters within (which ones were created specifically for the Sentinel Comics verse, which were repurposed from earlier materials like tabletop games and other stories, etc), and how they built up this idea prior to producing the games within it.

For example, Christopher is openly a fan of Mutants and Masterminds...which characters started as PCs or NPCs within tabletop games they've run?

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

^ Seconed. ^-^

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

They should have a foley artist on call so they can have their impromptu Roleplaying sessions. I also can't wait till they start a podcast where they both just banter for an hour. Totally listen to that.

I am still waiting for Christopher and Adam to say " just kidding on the whole Nightmist is dead and has no future. Let's rewind to before we said that. . ." I am still waiting (Denial is the first stage.) (Also I needed a Just kidding they are not dead for my bingo card.)

I am so sad I missed out on the Nightmist ask question time. She is my favorite by far. So sad she is gone, but she will live on in my Sentinels RPG I am running. I really want to read a Faye Diamond comic book with 1920 feeling PI stories. A knock on the door, somebody with an easy job that ends up being really unnecessary complicated. Darkly lit with a sax playing in the back round and lots of self-narration.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

saykhia
saykhia's picture

bobbertoriley wrote:

Idea for an interlude: I'd love to see Christopher and Adam break kayfabe on Sentinels Comics and talk more about the meta of how they came up with the idea for the multiverse, the origins of the characters within (which ones were created specifically for the Sentinel Comics verse, which were repurposed from earlier materials like tabletop games and other stories, etc), and how they built up this idea prior to producing the games within it.

+9,000

Please, Christopher and Adam? Easter special?

Prefers smooth peanut butter, but loves crunchy numbers.

MrLeRobot
MrLeRobot's picture
Playtester

Etheria wrote:

I also wanna say... you guys always seem to apologise when you go off onto tangents and things. I can't speak for everyone, but that is one of my favourite things. One of the things that makes this series so appealing is how much damned fun you guys are obviously having whilst doing it

My sentiment as well. Also, just so you know, the "...and then, he died. End of his story." joke never gets old...! :P

I'd really love to hear about the creation process of the different characters as well! I never realized Faye was connected to the Arkham Horror universe until I listened to the Nightmist episode and I think it is really cool!

MrLeRobot...

Etheria

You guys! I keep remembering it is Tachyon in two weeks and I litterally vibrate in excitment

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

It just dawned on me that I have completly forgotten to submit my Gloomweaver questions, of which I had a good number

RIP

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Really Indignant Person?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Pydro wrote:

Really Indignant Person?

On occasion

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Foote, you still have about an hour to submit them. 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Yeah I'm at work and don't have my cards with me (plus there is no proofs of infernal relics in the PT forum that are accessible anymore). I'll try and remember what I can and submit at least 1 or 2. Thanks.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I already submitted some meta-questions; I bet they'll do an interlude at some point.

Etheria wrote:

You guys! I keep remembering it is Tachyon in two weeks and I litterally vibrate in excitment

Me, too! Tachyon is one of my favorites and I sent in several questions about her.
The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

I want the Tachyon episode to be the same length as the others, but played at double speed so we get twice as much info.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

With pizza!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Asked this question elsewhere, but I'll ask it here too. After all the character, team and event episodes, would we be able to get an episode on the "real world" history of Sentinels Comics?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Phantom5613 wrote:

Asked this question elsewhere, but I'll ask it here too. After all the character, team and event episodes, would we be able to get an episode on the "real world" history of Sentinels Comics?

What do you mean?

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

Phantom5613 wrote:

What do you mean?

Christopher & Adam frequently talk about the "history" of the comic book(s) that a particular character comes from. He means something like that (and put a similar post in the "what can I do for you?" thread).

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

jffdougan wrote:

Christopher & Adam frequently talk about the "history" of the comic book(s) that a particular character comes from. He means something like that (and put a similar post in the "what can I do for you?" thread).

Which received an entertaining response... wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

And now I'm gonna have to wait for this 'mysterious' announcement. Darn my sense of child-like curiosity!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Phantom5613 wrote:

Darn my sense of child-like curiosity!

Technically, it's because Christopher is evil and cruel. smiley

I'm sorry, that's not really fair.

Christopher is not cruel. 

wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Rabit wrote:

Phantom5613 wrote:
Darn my sense of child-like curiosity!

Technically, it's because Christopher is evil and cruel. smiley...I'm sorry, that's not really fair. Christopher is not cruel. wink

I wouldn't go that far... You know someone can be amazing and cruel and the same time, right?

I also am dying inside because I share your sentiments, and am too impatient to wait a yearbroken heart

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

*to the tune of that song from Willy Wonka*

Christopher

Says some words

Now you wait with pure anticipation...

(Eh, it's a half-rhyme at best, but it works for me)

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I thought it'd be a fun project to try to turn the stories being told in each of these podcasts into something more organized and readable -- a reference companion for the podcast, if you will.  Unfortunately, that would require a reliable way to transcribe the audio into text so I can manipulate it and there isn't a free option I can find that does a useable job of it.  Since I'm definitely not going to type out a transcription of the podcast each week myself, that kills the project before it got started, which makes me sad. :(

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@Spiff: Yeah, I originally tried it myself and reached the same conclusion.

WalkingTarget has been writing up excellent summaries on Reddit and the Wiki, though, even if it admittedly misses out on the humor a bit.

(Like "They get along well, even though they have different paths in magic.", when it was more like Adam roleplaying Nightmist acting like Argent was a hippie who needed to be told to "Take a shower and get a job". (To which Argent replied, "Excuse me, I do take a shower..." "...all right, I guess you do. But still, get a job."))

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Etheria

HEY! HEY YOU! Adam and Christopher, if that is your real names!

Christopher said that you were recording Tachyon next and then said, speciffically to me that I should not send in any questions for my favourite hero because it was already recorded.

But my favourite hero is Tachyon, which was previously said to be recorded tomorrow.

And I have already sent Tachyon questions in...

What can I do now. How can I trust you? How can I trust anything!?

And by the way Adam... My name is not Jake!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Yes it is.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Etheria

*side eyes*

In less than 20 minutes The Last Jedi Panel is streaming. Christopher and Adam are talking about my favourite hero today. It is a good day

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Speaking of The Last Jedi and The Letters Page, I couldn't help but notice all the floaty rocks in that trailer!

Etheria

Hey hey Christopher and or Adam.

If we have questions about Felicia Parsons how should we label them? As Young Legacy, Beacon or Felicia Parsons - I am sure that you could find them under any of the three, but it helps to have a consensus for your ease of use right?

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

So one suggestion I'd make: Name the files after the date of publication, rather than the date of recording. Makes it easier to find that way.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

So I posted La Comodora question as Maria Helena . . . .

Will your filters pick this up? I want to make sure you find the questions I posted about La Comodora. I am Pumped to listen to her podcast. So excited.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

So if I heard right on the State of GTG video, they're apparently doing one Prime Warden a month and combining Captain Cosmic and Infinitor's episodes together.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Powerhound_2000

Jeysie wrote:

combining Captain Cosmic and Infinitor's episodes together.

This saddened me a bit when I heard that mentioned.  I thought he might have enough lore to him to fit into his own episode.  Guess I'll need to write up enough questions to fill an episode......

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I'm personally guessing it's probably the other way around and it's Infinitor who doesn't have enough lore to rate his own episode.

Powerhound_2000

Jeysie wrote:

I'm personally guessing it's probably the other way around and it's Infinitor who doesn't have enough lore to rate his own episode.

Yeah you're probably right on that.  Though Infinitor is one of the few villains with a variant.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

True, but even that variant overlaps with an event Captain Cosmic was a part of. Basically Captain Cosmic's story is "looking for his brother with a side of having occasional side adventures presumably mostly with the Prime Wardens", while Infinitor's story seems to be "being crazy with a side of occasionally terrorizing some poor mortals before Cosmic gets him to gain some sanity and oppose OblivAeon".

And then Tactics and RPG are both Captain Cosmic finally being totally his own person. So yeah, I'm guessing the logic was that Infinitor just doesn't have very much lore that doesn't overlap completely with Captain Cosmic's lore.

Poor Nigel. We don't even really know much about what he looks like, let alone what he was like personality-wise before going crazy.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

It could also be that the two's story is so intertwined that it's just better to talk about both of them at one time than try to divide them up into one episode each. That makes enough sense in my mind since a) they're brothers, b) they share a power source, and c) I'd hazard a guess that they spend alot of time fighting with/searching for/trying to help one another.

Pages