The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of Earth-Prime Press Release

356 posts / 0 new
Last post
Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

We're in the last few hours of the Kickstarter campaign! So if anyone wants to get in on the action, now's the time!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Very close to that Meta-Mind oversized card!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Meta-Mind achieved, $160,000 broken (at nearly the last minute!).  No Pseudo or Raven.  Probably will get Argo anyway.  And no short story.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

And as we reach the end of the campaign, we raised a sum total of $160,103! Good work, all who contributed! Despite some bumps and grumps, for a new project's first Kickstarter I think this went exceptionally well, funding for just over 4 times the target goal!

Natediggadoggity

Raven has "you may play a card" added to her base power. both Add-On heroes have: "One player may play a card or use a power" at the end of their power text, (even though they're likely to change to be differentiated a little more once they've actualy been designed)

I think this is more of a refining of Chris's ability to design hero decks. You feel more like a team with your friends if you can get and give extra card plays, power, or draws, and you feel like you can be more effective if the villain or environment has punishing abilities that destroys your stuff or keeps you from playing or doing damage. I think it allows the villains to be more powerful overall as well.

I bet the "additional power, draw, or play" on hero powers will continue to be a theme in many of the Earth-Prime hero decks. The actual cards will probably have to be a little weaker in comparison, but it's a good design choice imo.

The later sentinels decks and variants have a lot more of those extra play or power effects as well.

Pages