The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

online play?

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Ooh, I forgot about this. Will check out the link when I get to the PC.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I am interested but won't be home this week.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

So we are pulling the first test tonight at 6pm EDT and there is a chance that I may be streaming it over twitch.  I still need make sure that all particpants are okay with it, but if so, it will be showing live on http://twitch.tv/kitmehsu .  I may be monkeying around before hand, making sure everything is working even if it turns out I will not be streaming the test.  If the test is streamed, I'll eventually be exporting it to youtube for a demo to use for the file pack I will eventually make to help other people (Who own the game) host their own online boards.

EDIT: RL issues have delayed it by an hour to 7pm EDT

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Can I join in the next one?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

Mission one was a success, and I shall now begin my laberous process of creating a creation kit to replicate my setup.  And yes silverleaf, you may join the next one, I have already sent you a link for it from earlier, so feel free to post availability on the discussion threads.

And I just discoverd that I forgot to save the settings on archiving the footage from the stream, so there will not be a youtube video showing how this works until another game happens.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

Normally I don't double post, but this is a big enough that I can't justifiy a simple edit.  Through some playing around with roll20, I've figured out a way that, while i can't create a "Module" to load in for the set up, I can duplicate the campaign internally, then promote another person to co-gm of the campaign, effectly letting me instantly create and host virtual boards for people to use.  The only thing that you can't control is the internal next game time feature, which is locked to the true-gm, not a co-gm.  I will be open for requests once I have fully finished out and tested the board template.  Due to the nature and intention of the project, I do ask that at least one player involved in the game actually own the game, as this is meant to allow for people to play the game without being in person, not to substiute for actually having the game (Not that I think it will happen here, but just being on the safe side).  

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

I probably wouldn't play, but I'd be interested in watching some of these games -- does roll20 have a spectate feature?

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

They were on twitch tv last time.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

In fact, I've just finished uploading them to youtube, if you'd like to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQs-bv8J74hWYgETAwQ-S0gWJgmRqLnXX

payprplayn

Is this still a thing? how do I play?  I'd love to play some tactics with some folks who are as into it as I am.  Is there a way to allow a single player to control multiple characters?  I also have a hard time finding players, mostly because my local gaming community is fairly small, so I often wind up playing 2 player games with each of us controlling a whole team, or scenarios with one or more hero players controlling multiple characters.

P.S. I would totally pay for a Handelabra app, though I'd probably play it on steam, since my tablet's been broken for a while.

zestage

I activated an account just to reply to this thread to give a +1 that Handelabra should make an app and I'd totally pay for it!! 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ha! That's awesome. Well, welcome to posting! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

morph147

Will agree handelabra needs to get on this. Sadly I don't see it happening until they get sentinels of the multiverse done just due to logistics or if we r lucky after season 1, since multiple villains means they r going to have to redo a lot of the interface

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Pages