The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

OblivAeon Kickstarter Update #37: Scions and more!

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bigbywolfe

Unless you think GtG is incompetent or blatantly lying you don't really have anything to worry about. They've been saying the box will hold everything since the very beginning and those are the only two reasons it wouldn't (if built to their specifications).

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

Rationally, I don't think either of those things. Irrationally? My brain is screaming at me that it's a wasted purchase, etc. But thanks for saying that, it helps.

Brain chemistry sucks.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Comrade Bubbles wrote:

A fact I've considered. It would be extremely irritating, but I'm aware it's stupid to feel like that.Hats off for the sleeves joke though.

My expectation is that my fully sleeved cards will likely require some placing of decks in non-standard drawers.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

It would be easy enough for them to test their prototype, although they may be testing with thinner sleeves.  Hopefully they can reassure us that they've done this.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Comrade Bubbles

I'm already wondering if it's worth buying a few deck boxes just for character cards (heroes and villains) and variants, just so I can get as many cards in the right place as possible.

I prefer things to be in their proper place.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Guise would like me to tell you he doesn't like to wear sleeves because, and I quote: "Are you serious? -flexes- Do you see these babies? Why would I hide these under some fabric? Now Legacy, eh... Don't get me wrong, Legacy's great, but I mean, come on now. -flexes again- Can he match these?"

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Comrade Bubbles wrote:

Rationally, I don't think either of those things. Irrationally? My brain is screaming at me that it's a wasted purchase, etc. But thanks for saying that, it helps.Brain chemistry sucks.

Per this update it should be fine and I've put the one line in bold

Quote:

And here we have every single card in SotM in four trays! This even includes mock-ups of all the decks releasing with OblivAeon. There is plenty of extra room for sleeves if you want to go that route, and if not, the foam blocks will keep your cards snug and secure! Also, the punchboard divider cards are awesome and way more durable than cardstock dividers.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Comrade Bubbles

To me, at least at the minute, there is a difference between the bolded sentence and there being a clear statement that there is enough room. It's the difference between 'should' and 'will'.

I'm not saying GtG should buy sleeves and sleeve every card (because that is extremely expensive and time consuming), it's the ambiguity of everything I remember reading is just getting to me. I know this is in all likelihood a mountain/molehill situation and I apolgise for dragging everyone through it with me.

MagisterCrow
MagisterCrow's picture

Man...every time I see a preview, I start getting hyped again...

I'm looking forward to seeing the full thing in action!

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

EDIT: I have been sufficiently reprogrammed by local Moderator X4P8DM0, username arenson9, and now feel inextinguishable desire for the Oblivaeon event, and while I enjoy the prospect of new heroes and new environments to play with, they do not overshadow the final fight against the destroyer of the Multiverse.

Note: Occasionally, I am overwhelmed with sudden urges to eat BBQ Twist Fritos while reading Rook City Renegades books 27-43, during an audiobook listening of Plato's The Republic. I am currently going to see John about running through and looking for bugs in my Unity. May have some possible correlation with the fact that while arenson9 was getting a drink during my reprogramming, I noticed a lone purple and yellow figure talking about pouches in the distance.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

Is it heresy to say I'm more excited for all the new environments and heroes (and variants) than I am for the Oblivaeon event itself?

Yes. Please report for reprogramming immediately.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Blackfang108
Playtester

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

EDIT: I have been sufficiently reprogrammed by local Moderator X4P8DM0, username arenson9, and now feel inextinguishable desire for the Oblivaeon event, and while I enjoy the prospect of new heroes and new environments to play with, they do not overshadow the final fight against the destroyer of the Multiverse.Note: Occasionally, I am overwhelmed with sudden urges to eat BBQ Twist Fritos while reading Rook City Renegades books 27-43, during an audiobook listening of Plato's The Republic. I am currently going to see John about running through and looking for bugs in my Unity. May have some possible correlation with the fact that while arenson9 was getting a drink during my reprogramming, I noticed a lone purple and yellow figure talking about pouches in the distance.

*sigh*

*fires up anti-brainwashing ray*

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

From the Chokepoint episode of the Letters Page podcast, it sounds like Chokepoint is stuck in the ruins of the Celestial Tribunal floating in space somewhere, so Sanction is most likely just what used to be the Adjudicator and not the whole Tribunal.

Submit your games here!

corran109
corran109's picture

MindWanderer wrote:

From the Chokepoint episode of the Letters Page podcast, it sounds like Chokepoint is stuck in the ruins of the Celestial Tribunal floating in space somewhere, so Sanction is most likely just what used to be the Adjudicator and not the whole Tribunal.

Makes me curious how the Adjudicator got separated from the Tribunal.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

corran109 wrote:
Makes me curious how the Adjudicator got separated from the Tribunal.
I infer that was a result of the Chokepoint battle.  We know she "won" and basically shut down the station's AI.  One way that could be accomplished would be by lobotomizing it of the core AI, the Adjudicator.  One could even interpret that as a function of Chokepoint's basic ability, separating metal objects into their core components, in this case separating the AI from the station itself.

Submit your games here!

MagisterCrow
MagisterCrow's picture

I admit, I'm curious as well, particularly with the information we have about how the whole Tribunal event was resolved. I wonder if Sanction is a rogue which resulted from that event or something even older, maybe a fragment of the AI? Though I do kinda wonder if Chokepoint isn't responsible as well...

Pages