The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Luminary - Complexity 1?

60 posts / 0 new
Last post
Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Isn't that the one that lets you put all your devices in the trash back into play? Or am I thinking of a different card?

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Doesn't it put every device in your trash into play?  I mean, that's a whole lot of drones and turrets for your End of Turn...

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You get back all the devices out of your trash.   That little army can be quite helpful if you are in a longer game or as a setup with All According To Plan and Dangerous Vision. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

What's great about the Reconstructor, as I just learned, is once you get all those devices back, not only do you have massive end of turn energy, but your Sabre Battle Drones can immediately start refilling your trash by destroying the less useful ones. Bonus if you have All According to Plan!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Add a little Villain damage, and that trash would fill right back up!

Blackfang108
Playtester

Somehow, I am incapable of remembering that second part for longer than it takes to read the card.

So, yeah, that's going to be useful for getting Heroic Luminary

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

Blackfang108 wrote:

Yeah, just chipping in that Luminary is pretty straightforward (and FUN).

The only complaint: am I the only one who's underwhelmed with the Explosive Reconstructor? I mean, 2 damage to everything doesn't really feel "doomsday" to me. It's just a fire-type Grevious Hailstorm with a buildup cost of getting 15 cards in the trash, and then destroying the device.

Is there something I'm missing, and this is way better than Grevious Hailstorm?

Well, it puts all your devices from your trash into play too

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

It's useful when using Heroic Luminary as well.  Use Bared Blade to put them all in play, then use your base power for a whole mess of damage.  With All According to Plan and Battle Drones, it can be about the same damage as the Orbital Laser, plus you get to keep all the devices afterwards!

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Chilly Steke
Chilly Steke's picture

It's the best Doomsday Device, because it sets you up the strongest to fire off a Doomsday Device again when they die and re-enter the trash. Bring on the device destruction!

Pages