The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Guesses at the 6 Cards

173 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester
Guesses at the 6 Cards

After reading the transcript of yesterday's Q&A it sounds like the last stretch goal is 6 cards.  I've got my guess as to what they are and have seen a few others guess as well in a other threads.  Thought it might be fun to have a single thread for everyone to channel thier inner Vanessa Long.

My guess (psychic vision): the 6 cards are promo hero character cards for Ra, NightMIst, Mr. Fixer, Expatriette, Setback, and KNYFE.

103K left until we find out!

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Why those six?  No love for the Naturalst, the Scholar, or Chrono-Ranger?

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Jgraygaming2

I think it will go back to the beginning and be variants for the Freedom Five (plus Unity).

Alternatively, 

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Ironic wrote:

Why those six?  No love for the Naturalst, the Scholar, or Chrono-Ranger?

Lots of love for all 3 of those heroes plus Sky-Scraper, Omnitron-X, the Southwest Sentinels and Parse (my favorite hero.)  I picked these 6 because:

1. Ra is the only hero from the base game with only 1 promo, he is central to the OblivAeon story and Christopher answered to a question in the Q&A about Ra promo in the Q&A with "Perhaps. If you're good."

2. The Dark Watch Heroes because giving each of them a promo would mean each hero from Infernal Relics or earlier would have 2. Setback's only current promo was released before his deck and I'm guessing Christopher might want to make a new one now that he has the deck to go with. Plus Setback's mechanic is so unique and awesome if I were a game designer I'd want to find a fun way to change his game up (same holds true for NightMist and Mr. Fixer).

3. That leaves KNYFE which is basicly a shot in the dark. My reasoning was she's the hero whose goal was the most closely tied to stopping OblivAeon (other than Lifeline but he's 1. new and 2. already getting a promo with this expansion.

4. The heroes you listed all got promo's with Villains. Chrono's sparked lots of debate and its pretty hard to come up with another idea for what a Nataralist power could be be thats not similar to his existing 2.

Of course, I would never have guessed additional Prime Wardens promos or a Heroic Akash'bhuta so psychic powers aside I don't really put too much stock in my own insites into the mad genius that is Christopher.

edit: Also I would love those "Be The Gate" Heroes but there are 7 of them which makes them seem less likely to me.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Scholar seems unlikely based on Scholar of the Infinite incap side unless he figured someway to rematerialize.  Game wise I'm not sure how a new promo for the Naturalist would work.  Story wise I'm sure something could be figured out.  A Chrono-Ranger would have to be right before he renamed himself Renegade since his only promo looks like it would leave him in the condition we've seen for Renegade art.  Otherwise it would have to be CR from an alternate universe.

Thinking of that my guess for the promos would be some alternate universe versions of the heroes if they are promo heroes.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Dandolo wrote:
Also I would love those "Be The Gate" Heroes but there are 7 of them which makes them seem less likely to me.
Eight, if you count ColdWaЯ.

Those are sound reasons.  I guess I get more caught up in total number of promos than the timing of their release.

(EDIT: It's only tangential to the thread, but I don't really think it deserves one of its own, so I am putting this here - my friends and I have been calling that batch of alternate heroes "The Gatewatch," as a silly Magic the Gathering reference, and named them individually as Akash'RoseBush, Redeemer Apostate, The Masked Mink, Spatial Scout, Breakthrough, Sky-Fire, and Cosmic Compiler.  Those last three in particular I felt the need to share.)

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Heres my guess:

Ra, Nightmist, KNYFE, Setback, Expat, Fixer,

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I don't have a strong opinion beyond this: I'd love to see another KNYFE promo.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Ironic wrote:

Akash'RoseBush, Redeemer Apostate, The Masked Mink, Spatial Scout, Breakthrough, Sky-Fire, and Cosmic Compiler.

I love all of these!

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Jgraygaming2 wrote:
I think it will go back to the beginning and be variants for the Freedom Five (plus Unity).

This is what my guess is (read: what I'm hoping). Especially since Legacy- who is practically the poster boy for the series- still doesn't have any promos that are actually Paul Parsons. Yes, some characters suchas Bunker and Argent Adept have had alternates that represented other characters, but they each have at least one that's still them. Legacy is the only one that doesn't have an alternate to show how he's learned, grown, or adapated to situations as a character. And the Freedom Five are the only major team that doesn't have a set of cards specifically dedicated to them as a team.

Jgraygaming2

Maybe Iron Legacy as a reformed hero.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Alternate Villain cards for the Scions we have already seen.

XXVZ
XXVZ's picture

Jgraygaming2 wrote:

Maybe Iron Legacy as a reformed hero.

Post anger management class Iron Legacy? I'd be down for that...

"72% of all statistics are made up"
-XXVZ

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

phantaskippy wrote:

Alternate Villain cards for the Scions we have already seen.

An additional six cards for OblivAeon, either

a) giving alternate setups for the game, or

b) creating a 16-stage final boss battle...the real Sentinels starts here?

(I'm still in the camp of the Freedom-V variants plus Freedom-VI Unity, but I'm not holding my breath on it)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

What kind of HP & Power would you give Iron Legacy reformed?

I'd give him:

34hp

Iron Justice

Power:  Deal up to 3 targets 1 melee damage each.

Because with that deck it would get really good.  I know it is one more than F6 Wraith has, but Legacy base powers are those kind of powers.

saykhia
saykhia's picture

My guesses (and secret fantasies):

1. Variant card for Ra: Leader of the Pantheon.

2. Special card for Ennead, to be placed alongside Ra when his variant form is used. Essentially an extra hero target providing more powers for Ra's player turn.

3. Alternate card for Anubis, to substitute his card in the Tomb when the environment is played in Oblivaeon mode.

4. New instrument for Xtreme Argent Adept to replace his pipes: Drake's Electric Six-string.

5&6. ColdWar + special setup card, standalone hero created by mixing specific cards from Bunker and AZ's deck.

Prefers smooth peanut butter, but loves crunchy numbers.

PowerSerg
PowerSerg's picture

It's 6 new heroes yall, boom bam. 

Alright so outside of crazy person dreams I think expanding base set characters more seems logical for the end but we already have Visonary, Tempest, Haka, 

and Fantatic with brand new promos (Tempest and Fantatic in the xtream primewardens).  Zero, Bunker, Ra, Legecy, Wraith, Tachycon, and I guess Unity 

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Dandolo wrote:
I love all of these!
Glad to hear it!

phantaskippy wrote:
What kind of HP & Power would you give Iron Legacy reformed? I'd give him:34hp
Even Iron Legacy has 32 HP - why change it upon going Good?

I do like the power - an area damage Legacy could get pretty nasty.

saykhia wrote:
4. New instrument for Xtreme Argent Adept to replace his pipes: Drake's Electric Six-string.
This is the best thing I've ever heard.

Really, ending the line with new promos of the Freedom Five (plus either Ra or Unity, depending) does seem the most likely.  But where's the fun in likely guesses?

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

saykhia
saykhia's picture

Ironic wrote:

saykhia wrote:

I REALLY can't see the Xtreme AA playing pipes.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

saykhia wrote:

Ironic wrote:
saykhia wrote:

But can you see him playing Freebird?

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

saykhia wrote:

Jethro Tull uses the flute, so there is some precedent.

RPGFanboy
Playtester

Jgraygaming2 wrote:

I'm hoping for the Be The Gate characters :)

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Which six?

I suppose if I had to pick from that set, I'd drop Skyfire (who seems to have a totally different power set than our Portja) and Akash (since she's just coming out).  The others could be tricky, but are probably solvable.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Would Christopher really put out an alt version of a character he'd just killed off? Ra's dead, man. Unless the alt's power is "lie there being dead", I don't see it. 

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

saykhia
saykhia's picture

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

saykhia wrote:

Ironic wrote:

saykhia wrote: 

But can you see him playing Freebird?

Rocking those shades, yeah.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Spiff wrote:

Would Christopher really put out an alt version of a character he'd just killed off? Ra's dead, man. Unless the alt's power is "lie there being dead", I don't see it. 

Well, it would be an varient representing just before he got dead.  His incap side would be him being dead.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

I think it will be Bunker, Bunker, Bunker, Bunker, Bunker, and Bunker.

...yeah, me too.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

saykhia wrote:

Ironic wrote:
saykhia wrote:

No...He'd play BADPIPES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY

PowerSerg
PowerSerg's picture

I would love it if we got more Mirror universe stuff for the 6 cards that universe just seems like fun.  

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Clearly the six cards will be 6 Oversized Scion cards for the Freedom Six after they have been enslaved by OblivAeon. ;P

MCPooge

I think a Captain Cosmic for every Lantern Corps.. *cough* err, color of the spectrum (minus green and yellow we already have) and then a promo for... Hmm, who else has a crapton of promos.... AZ? Bunker?

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

MCPooge wrote:

I think a Captain Cosmic for every Lantern Corps.. *cough* err, color of the spectrum (minus green and yellow we already have) and then a promo for... Hmm, who else has a crapton of promos.... AZ? Bunker?

The current totals are

3: Bunker, Prime Wardens

2: Other Freedom 5 heroes, Unity, Visionary, Guise

1: Everyone else

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Dandolo wrote:
The current totals are - 3: Bunker, Prime Wardens - 2: Other Freedom 5 heroes, Unity, Visionary, Guise - 1: Everyone else
Depending on how you look at it, we might have reached 3 promos for each of the Sentinels, too, but that's a little more debatable, since there are multiple decks involved.

But, yeah, those numbers are the shape of it.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Ironic wrote:
Dandolo wrote:
The current totals are - 3: Bunker, Prime Wardens - 2: Other Freedom 5 heroes, Unity, Visionary, Guise - 1: Everyone else

Depending on how you look at it, we might have reached 3 promos for each of the Sentinels, too, but that's a little more debatable, since there are multiple decks involved. But, yeah, those numbers are the shape of it.

The way I see it, each of the Sentinels has 43 promos. =P

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

You can also count Legacy, if you include Cleverest.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

Unless it's Ra in those last few seconds before he dies.

So I'll say Ra, CR, KNYFE, Nightmist (Power: Allow any other Player to switch their Hero to a different Promo Card for their Hero), Scholar (a promo called Back from Beyond), and Guise (name of power Best Power Everer, no idea what it would be though)

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ra's final words:

"Stupid rule #15..........."

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Pydro wrote:

Ra's final words:

"Stupid rule #15..........."

Ra's promo power should be

Power: Last Words

Forget rule #15 and deal all the damage

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

You could achieve that result (and more) with a power that said:

Last Words.

Power:  Choose one of your non-character cards.  Until the End of your next turn that card is indestructible.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I think that power will be used for Completionist Guise or at least that's my guess for his power. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

You could achieve that result (and more) with a power that said:

Last Words.Power:  Choose one of your non-character cards.  Until the End of your next turn that card is indestructible.

if you change "end" to "start" you can remove "non-character." Kind of gives the feel of Ra at -4970 hp sticking around until the start of his turn to tell Fanatic he always believed in her.
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Yes, but then it doesn't stop Rule 15 stuff from annoying Ra.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Unless I'm missing something, Ra deals himself damage at the end of his turn with solar flare. Using this during your power phase would still be able to prevent its destruction.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

End of your next turn.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Right, either way Solar Flare would remain in play during the current turn and be destroyed at the end of the next. Regardless of which wording you choose its a pretty cool power, I'll have to give it a try at some point.

carnilius
Playtester

Six oversized variant cards for Wager Master.

ChronoRanger_101
ChronoRanger_101's picture

I think be the gate is still a good option for promos. While there's eight characters on that cover, two aren't hero decks right? So we'd have lady Chrono, akash, nightmist, guy fanatic (prob apostate), sky scraper and setback. Though an alternate freedom six is also likely except for bunker so maybe slipping in someone else. 

cnranger

The other two look to be Parse/Captain Cosmic (which are both hero decks) and Ermine/Wraith.

MrLeRobot
MrLeRobot's picture
Playtester

My guess for the "Be The Gate" characters is that they'll be part of the mission deck included in OblivAeon.

MrLeRobot...

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Well, maybe the 6 cards ARE added to the Mission Deck...

Chromium_Man

My guess is the Freedom Five and Ra. All in their Tactics incarnations to represent a transition between the two games. It might just be wishful thinking on my part because I really want FF team promos like the Dark Watch and Prime Wardens ones we got. 

Pages