The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Bunker Unlock Discussion

433 posts / 0 new
Last post
NinjaMonkey

UXM266 wrote:

Failed Unlock

That log shows 2 discards of Upgrade and Recharge. Only 1 discard of Turret Mode
Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Unlocked.

Bunker did five instances of damage (the four to progeny, and four fire to himself.) Discarded at every opportunity, and discarded each mode at least four times (cramped quarters was the thirteenth card in the environment deck, so long game.) 

Bunker only played the following cards: 

• Omni-cannon
  • Grenade Launcher 
  • External Combustion
  • Heavy Plating
  • Auxillary Power Source

He ended up skipping many turns. 

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

UNLOCKED

I dealt ZERO Fire Damage

Bunker was not incapped

Bunker discarded ALL his mode cards.

Do the pre-requisite battles. Defeat Progeny using the Freedom Five in metropolis and have him discard 2 copies of his mode cards each. 

Attachment(s): 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

I've been reading these threads and I feel like I missed a memo. What are "the prerequisites"? They are spoken of like Voldemort's name.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

These are the prerequisets:

MigrantP wrote:

First, the Prime Wardens (all variant members) must be defeated by Progeny anywhere other than Rook City or Megalopolis. Then, Dark Watch (all variant members) must by defeated by Progeny in Rook City. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant members) must be defeated by Progeny in Rook City.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

UNLOCKEDI dealt ZERO Fire DamageBunker was not incappedBunker discarded ALL his mode cards.Do the pre-requisite battles. Defeat Progeny using the Freedom Five in metropolis and have him discard 2 copies of his mode cards each. 

I just checked your log. Bunker dealt fire damage.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The community has discovered the official unlock condition for Freedom Five Bunker!

First, play the Prerequisite Games. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant team members) must defeat Progeny in Megalopolis. During that game, Bunker must discard each unique Mode card at least twice. Bunker must deal at least 4 different types of damage to Progeny.

The Prerequisite Games are: First, the Prime Wardens (all variant members) must be defeated by Progeny anywhere other than Rook City or Megalopolis. Then, Dark Watch (all variant members) must by defeated by Progeny in Rook City. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant members) must be defeated by Progeny in Rook City.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

waedens
Playtester

Great Job everyone! On to Tachyon!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Whoo-hoo, finally! :D

...Of course, now I have to wonder if there's a way for Bunker to deal more than four types of damage in this game. <.<

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Unlocked.

The operating theory appears to be a good one.

Edit: Second time in 2 days not refreshing before posting has backfired. Great job everyone!

Attachment(s): 
mightyschoop

ARG! I was playing my unlocked game while the official requirements were being posted. I managed to unlock both bunker and Wraith in the same game. it ended up taking forever because I had to wait forever and ever for an Omni Cannon

Escher

Bowie wrote:

I've been reading these threads and I feel like I missed a memo. What are "the prerequisites"? They are spoken of like Voldemort's name.

The prereq games are required before you can do any of the F5 unlocks, but you only have to do them once.  They were uncovered first in the Wraith unlock thread.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

So Christopher's tip was slightly misleading after all. Only one of the two conditions requires the environment. The other can be fulfilled entirely with Scion of Blight.

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Well, his job IS to tell us lies. :P

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

MindWanderer wrote:

So Christopher's tip was slightly misleading after all. Only one of the two conditions requires the environment. The other can be fulfilled entirely with Scion of Blight.

I was surprised he gave a tip at all.   Though knowing what it was and reading it myself I didn’t find it that misleading.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Does Progeny have to deal the finishing blow on all prerequisite games? I tried doing all four game conditions, only to be met with no unlock. Twice.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

He shouldn't.

Make sure you're using the correct variants (vanilla for FF, actual PW and DW.) and not adding a fifth member for the DW fight.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

NinjaMonkey

McBehrer wrote:

He shouldn't.

Make sure you're using the correct variants (vanilla for FF, actual PW and DW.) and not adding a fifth member for the DW fight.

This.
Dark Watch. Not Dark Watch plus a guest star.
And Prime Wardens, not Xtreme Prime Wardens.

Also it must be in order:
Prime Wardens anywhere but Megalopolis
Dark Watch in Rook City
Freedom Five, non-variant, in Rook City

Powerhound_2000

The Prime Wardens loss can’t be in Megaopolis or Rook City not just Megaopolis.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

NinjaMonkey

That's right. Sorry. Lost track of how many times I've types that.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, then...I've met all those conditions. The environment finished one of those teams off, so I thought that was it. Trying again.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Powerhound_2000

If you still have issues I’d suggest sending feedback to Handelabra.  

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

Killswitch wrote:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, then...I've met all those conditions. The environment finished one of those teams off, so I thought that was it. Trying again.

Are you on PC?   

Can you post post your Fail log?

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

*FACEPALM*

I didn't have the correct F5 members. For some reason I keep thinking Tempest is on the F5, not AZ.

Anyway, unlocked.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Megalopolis*

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000

McBehrer wrote:

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Megalopolis*

Needless nitpicking.   

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

Killswitch wrote:

*FACEPALM*I didn't have the correct F5 members. For some reason I keep thinking Tempest is on the F5, not AZ.Anyway, unlocked.

I do that all the time myself.   I always want to put Tempest in the F5

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

He isn't Wolverine, he can't be in seven different hero teams and in thirteen different books in the span of one month.

Powerhound_2000

If any hero was in that many teams/books I’d wager Tempest or Wraith is that character.  

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

If any hero was in that many teams/books I’d wager Tempest or Wraith is that character.  

Unity would beat them all,  Based on the letters page she seems to be the most popular character.   

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Sorry, I'm an editor by trade, so I can't help myself. Especially when it's twice in the same post.

-- Trajector

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Unity is a fan favorite, but she doesn't seem to get around much. She isn't on many cards and she doesn't feature in many stories, not even most of the Freedom Five ones. And she's a late addition. Wraith, Tempest, and Mr. Fixer would be my top three, with Scholar, Haka, and AA getting honorable mentions.

Submit your games here!

Pages