The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Bunker Unlock Discussion

433 posts / 0 new
Last post
ian.hankin

Does anyone know if the multiple game conditions usually have to be in a row? Like, if the condition is "lose a game as x then win a game as x" do those games have to be sequential?

If not, I've tried losing and then winning a game against progeny in the freedom tower with the freedom five (tachyon got incapped), no success, bunker dealt the final blow.

Looking back at the previous bunker variants, with the exception of GI bunker they were all pretty specific. I have a feeling I might as well wait at this point. Not like they're gonna give us a hint or anything like that... Oh well, at least no one has been eagerly awaiting the freedom five variants for months, right? :/

Blackfang108
Playtester

ian.hankin wrote:

Does anyone know if the multiple game conditions usually have to be in a row? Like, if the condition is "lose a game as x then win a game as x" do those games have to be sequential?

They do not.

Entropy, that would have made Omni-X [censored] insane.

ian.hankin

Tried recreating some important parts of the termination event, had a game in which base bunker got hit by Chokepoint's harvest the mighty, followed by a game in which bunker defeated Chokepoint as Termination Bunker. No dice. I feel like I've recreated every important event in Bunker's story at this point (aside from the Oblivaeon event, but I can't do that yet), to no avail. Really hoping someone gets a successful unlock soon, so we at least have some sort of clue to work with.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I've tried a few times and failed. Can someone attempt to defeat Miss Information with the Freedom Five (Originals) in Freedom Tower?

I know failing doesn't work. 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

ian.hankin wrote:

Does anyone know if the multiple game conditions usually have to be in a row? Like, if the condition is "lose a game as x then win a game as x" do those games have to be sequential?If not, I've tried losing and then winning a game against progeny in the freedom tower with the freedom five (tachyon got incapped), no success, bunker dealt the final blow.Looking back at the previous bunker variants, with the exception of GI bunker they were all pretty specific. I have a feeling I might as well wait at this point. Not like they're gonna give us a hint or anything like that... Oh well, at least no one has been eagerly awaiting the freedom five variants for months, right? :/

They don't but the game doesn't start tracking them until a character becomes unlockable.   So any past games before Bunker became unlockable Tuesday night don't count.  

hstein3
hstein3's picture

ian.hankin wrote:

Tried recreating some important parts of the termination event, had a game in which base bunker got hit by Chokepoint's harvest the mighty, followed by a game in which bunker defeated Chokepoint as Termination Bunker. No dice. I feel like I've recreated every important event in Bunker's story at this point (aside from the Oblivaeon event, but I can't do that yet), to no avail. Really hoping someone gets a successful unlock soon, so we at least have some sort of clue to work with.

Termination Bunker's incap side shows Omnitron. Perhaps that villain (or environment) is important?

http://mrhalbert.blogspot.com, Wherein I talk about gaming and, um, stuff.

ian.hankin

UXM266 wrote:

I've tried a few times and failed. Can someone attempt to defeat Miss Information with the Freedom Five (Originals) in Freedom Tower?I know failing doesn't work. 

Did it. Beat Miss Information on Freedom Tower, with the Freedom Five, Bunker dealt the final blow with omni-cannon. No one was incapped. No unlock. :(

It was a good idea though, definitely worth a shot.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

This is the longest we've gone in a while without even an accidental unlock, isn't it?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

ian.hankin wrote:

UXM266 wrote:
I've tried a few times and failed. Can someone attempt to defeat Miss Information with the Freedom Five (Originals) in Freedom Tower?I know failing doesn't work. 

Did it. Beat Miss Information on Freedom Tower, with the Freedom Five, Bunker dealt the final blow with omni-cannon. No one was incapped. No unlock. :(It was a good idea though, definitely worth a shot.

a shot from the Omni-Cannon. 

Thanks! Also, congrats on beating it with no incaps!

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Tried KNYFE: Rogue Agent, Adamant Sentinels and Termi-Nation Bunker vs. Chokepoint at the Block. I figured I'd grab the people that were likely part of Project Ironclad and chose the block since it's the closest thing we have to a military installation. Won with no problem. No unlock.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Onr thing I tried to do was to select Bunker, and just press random. Play it normally, or wierdly, and see what happens. 

waedens
Playtester

Just as a baseline because I didn't see anyone else do it. I did the do nothing test.

Ambuscade in Freedom tower vs. Base Freedom Five. Bunker in lead and double skipped the whole game.

No unlock. - No surprise really, but it had to be done.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

What is the most number of powers somone amde Bunker use in one turn (on his or somone elses)?

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

What is the most number of powers somone amde Bunker use in one turn (on his or somone elses)?

I got 5 by blowing up all three power sources and being in turret mode.  Although technically the card draw one didn't do anything since I was in turret mode

That does make me wonder,  Have we all been trying with base Bunker?  Maybe we need to try a variant?  Termi-nation Bunker is the only other one that is Tyler Vance so maybe him

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Just a thought, but has anyone tried winning a game at Freedom Tower with each of the other 4 Bunker variants?

I doubt it's that, but it seems like a straw worth grasping at.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Dandolo wrote:

Just a thought, but has anyone tried winning a game at Freedom Tower with each of the other 4 Bunker variants?

I doubt it's that, but it seems like a straw worth grasping at.

That's a good idea!

Can it also be that Bunker has to be incapped as well?

We can try both with  Ironclad Maintenance Bay in play. 

Another thought, since his suit looks a lot like Baron Blade's, maybe he needs to defeat Baron Blade like this as well? 

I know all of these can't be done at the same time, but it's still worth a shot!

NinjaMonkey

Have there ever been unlock conditions which involved Vengeance mode? I doubt this is it, but maybe the Freedom V unlocks involve the Vengeful 5 somehow.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

NinjaMonkey wrote:

Have there ever been unlock conditions which involved Vengeance mode? I doubt this is it, but maybe the Freedom V unlocks involve the Vengeful 5 somehow.

I beat the Vengeful Five with the Freedom Five in Freedom Tower,

No unlock. 

bolnerap

I've still been beating the Progeny/Freedom Tower drum. Today:

- Beat Progeny with Bunker as the only incapacitated F5 hero, after Progeny destroyed Ironclad Maintenance Bay

- Beat Progeny with the final attack from Bunker at 1 HP, after Progeny destroyed Ironclad Maintenance Bay

among other F5 vs. Progeny escapades. I'm guessing that I'm barking up the wrong tree or that this one has a high amount of detail.

bolnerap

Oh, I forgot - I also tried spending 2H turns in each Mode by parking behind Meteor Storm in a 3H game, then breaking out of Meteor Storm and one-shotting Ambuscade with Gatling Gun (thanks, PW Haka). That didn't work either, obviously.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

bolnerap wrote:

Oh, I forgot - I also tried spending 2H turns in each Mode by parking behind Meteor Storm in a 3H game, then breaking out of Meteor Storm and one-shotting Ambuscade with Gatling Gun (thanks, PW Haka). That didn't work either, obviously.

That is a very specific game.... I don’t blame you.

but this is fun! It’s been a few days and no unlocks! A lot more exciting than first 20 minutes. 

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Hey, first 20 minutes was REALLY exciting for me!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Lemee_Adam
Lemee_Adam's picture

Maybe he something to do similar to F6. Try doing our plans but lose to progeny first. Or all of them could have the first lose unlock second idea.

"2+2=4-1=3 Quick maths"

2+2=3

Lemee_Adam
Lemee_Adam's picture

Maybe tachyon had to use experiment to reveal two equipments.

"2+2=4-1=3 Quick maths"

2+2=3

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

The blurb in the Kickstarter write-up back when it was unlocked as a stretch goal mentioned something about him knowing it is his duty to protect everyone. Any clue in there you guys can read into, because I'm at a loss. "Stop the environment from playing H cards in a game?"

ian.hankin

I'm just checking... I know they had a problem with F5 Bunker being available-to-be-unlocked-but-not-really initially, and they supposedly fixed that, but I also notice that the little ad on the side of of the startup menu still has extremist skyscraper as the current variant, and it's been a long time with no successful unlocks from anyone as far as I know... I mean, it's possible that the unlock conditions for this are just absurdly specific, but I feel like we've had a lot of people searching for quite a while, it's weird that we haven't had a single successful unlock... are we sure that problem or whatever has actually been fixed? I know there have been variants that have taken a long time for the community to figure out, but it's weird to go this long without even a single successful unlock... I mean, unless people have unlocked it and just aren't saying anything.

The Burning Stickman

Yeah, that we haven't even had an accidental unlock is kind of concerning.

I wonder if we'll get a hint if nobody unlocks it by the time the next unlock comes online.

The Burning Stickman

That said, my random guess: Lose 4 games with the 4 different variants of Bunker. Or play 4 games in which each version of Bunker is incapped.

waedens
Playtester

Data: Akash in Freedom Tower against KNYFE Rogue Agent, Dark Conductor, base Bunker and OX (in that order)

Used powers from other heroes on Bunker so he did all the things.

OX got the final blow.

No unlock.

I will go back and repeat so that Bunker has the final blow.

Lemee_Adam
Lemee_Adam's picture

mwc146 wrote:

That said, my random guess: Lose 4 games with the 4 different variants of Bunker. Or play 4 games in which each version of Bunker is incapped.

That's not it. I lost games with all the bunkers in freedom tower. Baron, Matri, Progeny, and legacy

Basically we had one guess and I disproved it.

"2+2=4-1=3 Quick maths"

2+2=3

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Tried a game in Megalopolis that echoed Extremist Sky-Scraper’s unlock. 

Ambuscade vs Freedom Five (Termination Bunker variant)

goal: win a game. Bunker must have at least 3 turns where all three modes were in play. 

No unlock  

Definitely easier to do with the Termination variant, but still possible with the base one. I’ll have to try again with the base version. 

The Burning Stickman

Lemee_Adam wrote:

mwc146 wrote:

That's not it. I lost games with all the bunkers in freedom tower. Baron, Matri, Progeny, and legacy Basically we had one guess and I disproved it.

What about winning four games in which the four Bunkers are incapped?
UXM266
UXM266's picture

Super weird thought....

what if, hear me out, what if Bunker is NOT needed ?

for the next games I’m going random and see what sticks.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Well, I've started the Bunker roulette. First I lost to Progeny in Freedom Tower with the Freedom Five, just in case.

My first game was against the Matriarch in the Final Wasteland, with Bunker, Requital Cosmic, Unity and Legacy. No heroes died. Bunker only got one Mode out all game (blug), but drew about thirty cards thanks to the Library and a few Bolster Allies (and yet, no modes until almost the end of the game). That didn't unlock anything. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

ian.hankin wrote:

I also notice that the little ad on the side of of the startup menu still has extremist skyscraper as the current variant

That was just missed because Jeremy & Crista have gone to PAX. I've updated the news item with Bunker.

I am not surprised there has not been an unlock yet.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

waedens
Playtester

Not surprised? We may be in trouble on this one.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Here's my thinking: Handelabra pushed a magic button that made F5 Bunker seem to be available, in that he showed up in the app. However, they missed a step and it wasn't actually possible. That tells me that they had to manually enable at least two elements, if not more. It might just involve two games, but they've done that before and not screwed it up. I'm actually wondering if it's something completely different, like if it has to be in multiplayer or something.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

NinjaMonkey

Not surprised? Hmm, maybe that means his unlock condition involves a game no one in their right mind would ever willingly choose to play. (Ok, that's an overgeneralization. Their are people who do enjoy repeatedly hitting their twigs and berries with a hammer. Who am I to judge.):

1. Spite in Rook City. Or just Spite period.

2. Miss Information vs a 5 man team. Or just Miss Information period.

3. The Chairman in Rook City vs a 3 man team.

Blackfang108
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

Here's my thinking: Handelabra pushed a magic button that made F5 Bunker seem to be available, in that he showed up in the app. However, they missed a step and it wasn't actually possible. That tells me that they had to manually enable at least two elements, if not more. It might just involve two games, but they've done that before and not screwed it up. I'm actually wondering if it's something completely different, like if it has to be in multiplayer or something.

I think that would be excessively unfair, and hope that is not the case.

bolnerap

More likely it's something like Omnitron U or Termination Bunker that has lots of moving parts.

Last night, I tried to follow the ARG comic with Progeny's assault on Rook City. Lots of games of people getting torn up - the Prime Wardens in Tomb of Anubis, then all this in Rook City: Dark Watch plus the Scholar, the Freedom Five, then a match with a couple F5 folks with the Sentinels and Dark Visionary. I followed by Chrono Ranger, Parse and KNYFE beating Progeny. Then tried the three variants of those beating Progeny. No unlock.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

We just have to think outside the box on this one. What haven't we tried yet? Is there any way to simulate the power of FV Bunker?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

We just have to think outside the box on this one. What haven't we tried yet? Is there any way to simulate the power of FV Bunker?

Apparently Handelabra is surprised we HAVEN'T got it yet. Maybe by thinking outside the box, like we normally do, we should think inside the box!

bolnerap

Read what John said again. He is not surprised there is no unlock. So, the condition is likely some measure of complex or specific that would be difficult to stumble on.

waedens
Playtester

Data: Just tried against ChokePoint in Omni IV with term Bunker, term Unity, term AZ and the Green Sentinels.

It was a tough, but fun game. I came out on top, but no unlock.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

bolnerap wrote:

Read what John said again. He is not surprised there is no unlock. So, the condition is likely some measure of complex or specific that would be difficult to stumble on.

Yup, you're right!

Sorry John! I forgot how to read today

bolnerap

I did think of one other reason that would make the lack of an unlock unsurprising - some form of aggregate condition over multiple games. But that hasn't really been a thing before, so I doubt it would be now.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

UXM266 wrote:

Super weird thought....what if, hear me out, what if Bunker is NOT needed ? for the next games I’m going random and see what sticks.

It’s not “Lose to Progeny with the Freedom 5 minus Bunker. I was thinking the same thing, Greatest Legacy needed Legacies to not be in the game. Could it be the same wi5 Bunker?

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Maybe he's not surprised no one's got the unlock yet because it actually does require OblivAeon and we have to wait for it to be released haha.

Escher

Maybe you unlock it by losing a game in a particular way!

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

I thought since the new power was tactical uplink, it would be related to his Bunker's tactics power to draw a card. I tried the following:

Deadline vs. Legacy, Tempest, Dark Watch Setback and Bunker at Realm of Discord. Bunker used tactics on each of his turns and the heroes won. No unlock.

Infinitor vs. Haka, Visionary, Extreme Skyscraper, Captain Cosmic: Requiem and Bunker at Enclave of the Endlings. Bunker drew 25 cards in a single turn and the heroes won. No unlock.

Pages