New Forums are on the way. Please read this announcement for more information.

Add-on pack minis

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Krayden006
Krayden006's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: Feb 24, 2013
Add-on pack minis

Will painted minis from the kickstarter add-on pack be available for purchase at some point like the other mini packs are?

Paul
Paul's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Admin
Joined: Jul 27, 2011

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Playtester
Joined: Feb 23, 2013

$60 for the painting seems "ouchie".

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Divide by the number of minis, and it is pretty cheap.  Not cheaper than doing it yourself, but then you aren't paying yourself for the labor either.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

phantaskippy wrote:

Divide by the number of minis, and it is pretty cheap.  Not cheaper than doing it yourself, but then you aren't paying yourself for the labor either.

And that's where it becomes worth the money, to me!

But I can also afford it. That hasn't always been true, so I definitely understand if folks feel it's a significant hit.


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Krayden006
Krayden006's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: Feb 24, 2013

Will they be available through retail, or just through the store page here?  I ask because I recently purchased the the other painted minis through an online retailer for about $30 cheaper per set.  With free shipping I saved around $70 total.  I've looked around and haven't seen them listed in any of the usual places as of yet.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Rabit wrote:

 

phantaskippy wrote:
Divide by the number of minis, and it is pretty cheap.  Not cheaper than doing it yourself, but then you aren't paying yourself for the labor either.

 

And that's where it becomes worth the money, to me!But I can also afford it. That hasn't always been true, so I definitely understand if folks feel it's a significant hit.

I haven't purchased any minis yet.  I'm content using the tokens, but with minions now available and Spiff's awesome terrain painted minis are starting to climb up the list of things I intend to spend money on.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 48 min ago
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Joined: Aug 02, 2011

I'm going to miss out on the minis for Battle for Broken City and For Profit for a little while, running a bit tight on money this time around. Since they fortunately don't have exclusives linked to them, I don't need to get them until a later day!

cmschex
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 23 min ago
Playtester
Joined: Feb 02, 2013

Ronway wrote:

I'm going to miss out on the minis for Battle for Broken City and For Profit for a little while, running a bit tight on money this time around. Since they fortunately don't have exclusives linked to them, I don't need to get them until a later day!

 

In the same boat, it's also nice that they are just coming in one pack for those two sets

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Playtester
Joined: May 15, 2012

I will probably be getting them, against my better judgment, just for completionism's sake. I'll have to wait until later in the preorder, though. I can definitely afford Villains and the oversized card pack now, but I'll have to save up for a few weeks to justify that.


McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 15 hours ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Krayden006 wrote:

Will they be available through retail...

Whether or not a GtG product is available via retail is almost always an issue of whether or not distributors and retailers choose to stock them. Given that the previous packs of painted minis were made available, I expect that this one will be, too.


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel