The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Add-on pack minis

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Krayden006
Krayden006's picture
Add-on pack minis

Will painted minis from the kickstarter add-on pack be available for purchase at some point like the other mini packs are?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

$60 for the painting seems "ouchie".

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Divide by the number of minis, and it is pretty cheap.  Not cheaper than doing it yourself, but then you aren't paying yourself for the labor either.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

Divide by the number of minis, and it is pretty cheap.  Not cheaper than doing it yourself, but then you aren't paying yourself for the labor either.

And that's where it becomes worth the money, to me!

But I can also afford it. That hasn't always been true, so I definitely understand if folks feel it's a significant hit.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Krayden006
Krayden006's picture

Will they be available through retail, or just through the store page here?  I ask because I recently purchased the the other painted minis through an online retailer for about $30 cheaper per set.  With free shipping I saved around $70 total.  I've looked around and haven't seen them listed in any of the usual places as of yet.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Rabit wrote:

phantaskippy wrote:

And that's where it becomes worth the money, to me!But I can also afford it. That hasn't always been true, so I definitely understand if folks feel it's a significant hit.

I haven't purchased any minis yet.  I'm content using the tokens, but with minions now available and Spiff's awesome terrain painted minis are starting to climb up the list of things I intend to spend money on.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'm going to miss out on the minis for Battle for Broken City and For Profit for a little while, running a bit tight on money this time around. Since they fortunately don't have exclusives linked to them, I don't need to get them until a later day!

cmschex
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

I'm going to miss out on the minis for Battle for Broken City and For Profit for a little while, running a bit tight on money this time around. Since they fortunately don't have exclusives linked to them, I don't need to get them until a later day!

In the same boat, it's also nice that they are just coming in one pack for those two sets

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I will probably be getting them, against my better judgment, just for completionism's sake. I'll have to wait until later in the preorder, though. I can definitely afford Villains and the oversized card pack now, but I'll have to save up for a few weeks to justify that.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Krayden006 wrote:

Will they be available through retail...

Whether or not a GtG product is available via retail is almost always an issue of whether or not distributors and retailers choose to stock them. Given that the previous packs of painted minis were made available, I expect that this one will be, too.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel