The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode #39B - Same Heroes, Different Day

319 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

At the end of the Scholar's turn, Guise discards Lemme See That... to deal 1 projectile damage to Tempest's Dynamic Syphon (should leave it at 3, I believe?) to allow him a second power use.

- Blade-y II deals 2 energy damage to the Scholar's Dynamic Syphon [2] to allow him to use a second power on his turn.

Both of them have powers available that'll do more than if I just hit LC directly, so...have fun!

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

The Scholar will use BWYN to reveal: Flesh to Iron, Truthseeker and Solid to Liquid. Bottomdeck Truthseeker because I'm doing better as a tank than anything else.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

EdgeDS wrote:

At the end of the Scholar's turn, Guise discards Lemme See That... to deal 1 projectile damage to Tempest's Dynamic Syphon (should leave it at 3, I believe?) to allow him a second power use.- Blade-y II deals 2 energy damage to the Scholar's Dynamic Syphon [2] to allow him to use a second power on his turn. Both of them have powers available that'll do more than if I just hit LC directly, so...have fun!

Since he used Downpour already I assume Tempest will use Localized Hurricane 3+2  LC at [24] [and draw another 2] So he would have to Draw a total of 4 cards to draw

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

OK. Got home to see 22 messages to go through.  surprise

Independently calculated I have things at:

La Capitan [24] (Split Across Time)(cannot deal damage)
L'Epeiste [X]

# of cards under La Capitan: 0
Villain Trash: Temporal Thief (x2)

-------
Guise           [12]
Captain Cosmic  [11]
Tempest         [15](-1)(+1)
Sky-Scraper     [15]
Scholar         [19](-1) (high HP)
Autonomous Blade [4](next to Guise)
Cortex Hyperstimulator (next to La Capitan)
Neutralizing Resonator (next to La Capitan)
Rebounding Debilitator (next to La Capitan)
Micro Assembler (next to Tempest)
Aggression Modulator (in environmental Limbo?)
Vicous Cyclone (next to La Capitan)
Augmented Ally [4] (next to Tempest)
Augmented Ally [4] (next to Scholar)
Energy Bracer [4] (next to Scholar)
Cosmic Weapon [4] (next to Scholar)
Dynamic Siphon [3] (next to Tempest)
Dynamic Siphon [2] (next to Scholar)

----

I would say that it would activate.  Captain Cosmic gets to hit 3 targets for 1 energy each.

A. Presumably LC; which would shift her redirect to the last 1 point hit she got from Scholar; and then she would take 1 point from Electrical Storm.

B. Tempest's Dynamic Siphon - He did Cleansing Downpour due to Guise play.  So something else and I don't think Localized Hurricane was in place yet.  Later plays will have this Siphon back at full HP.

C. L'Epeiste I guess - target chosen is moot I think.

Results: 

1. LC down to [23].

2. Tempest has a power use from before his turn's plays took place.  Grevious Hail Storm is available for 4 damage to LC, unless we want to go with PW Tempest default power and probably have to redo things from there since it will affect card draw, HP totals, etc.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Sorry, crazy couple of days, forgot to check in. Grievous Hail Storm is fine for that power use

Iron Legacy did nothing wrong.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Environment - The Realm of Discord

Little timepieces with wings are sucked into a many-colored portal, but more appear.

In Play: Time Flies

Start: None

Play: Spinning Vortex

- Each player may destroy any number of their on-going and/or equipment cards. Then, any hero with ongoing and/or equipment cards in play deal themself 3 sonic damage.

- Sky-Scraper deals herself 4 (3+1) sonic damage [11]

- Captain Cosmic deals himself 3 sonic damage [8]

(Scholar would deal himself 2 sonic; everyone else 3.)

End: Spinning Vortex is destroyed

Trash: Positive Energy Field, Portal Fiend, Explosive Bubbles (x2), Ethereal Bonds, Imbued Fraility, Spinning Vortex

Effects:

- Players may play an extra card on their play phase and draw an extra card on their draw phase.  At the start of the villain turn, play the top card of the villain deck. (Time Flies)

Comment:

All the players have on-going or equipment in play, thus a decision to make whether or not to discard them all to avoid taking damage.  I will continue with a villain turn and we can adjust as things go.  (Though I expect probably every hero except possibly Guise will take the damage given the extent of their set-ups.)

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Sky-Scraper will take the damage.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Proceeding with villain turn under assumption that heroes are taking the sonic damage from the environment turn.  If they are instead discarding all their equipment and ongoing cards I will adjust HP back up for the heroes that opt to do the discard.

Same Heroes, Different Day - ROUND 9 - This Could Be The Ballgame

Villain Turn (La Capitan - Split Across Time -> Time Corsair)
Start -
  All villain targets heal 0 HP;
  La Capitan [19]

- Time Flies plays Chip [8]
- Chip shoots Scholar [16] for (2-1) 1 projectile damage

Play - Walk The Plank! (one-shot)
 - La Capitan attempts to, but is prevented, damage the Scholar
 - The Scholar cannot use powers until the start of the villain turn.*

End -
 - 0 cards under La Capitan, she flips from "Split Across Time" to "Time Corsair"
 - La Capitan cannot deal damage to The Scholar (again) (Which does not trigger Sky-Scraper's various links)
 - La Capitan cannot deal 1 lightning damage to herself twice. (Cortex Hyperstimulator)
 - Chip shoots Scholar [15] for (2-1) 1 projectile damage
=======
Effects:
- Whenever a hero card is destroyed by a villain card, put it under La Capitan's character card (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- Whenever La Capitan would be dealt damage, move a card from under La Capitan's character card to the appropriate trash.  Prevent that damage. (La Capitan - Split Across Time)
- The first time La Capitan would be dealt damage each round, redirect that damage to the non-villain target with the highest HP. (La Capitan - Split Across Time - advanced)

- At the start of the villain turn, each villain target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under La Capitan's character card (La Capitan - Split Across Time)
- At the start of the villain turn, Chip deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Projectile damage. (Chip)

- At the end of the villain turn, if there are no cards under La Capitan's character card, flip the character card. (La Capitan - Split Across Time)
- At the end of the villain turn, La Capitan deals the hero target with the highest HP 4 projectile damage (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- At the end of the villain turn, Chip deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Projectile damage. (Chip)

Status
======
La Capitan [19] (Time Corsair)(cannot deal damage)
Chip [8]

# of cards under La Capitan: 0
Villain Trash: Temporal Thief (x2), L'Epeiste, Walk the Plank!

-------
Guise           [9]                
Captain Cosmic  [8]                
Tempest         [12](-1)(+1)
Sky-Scraper     [11]
Scholar         [15](-1) (high HP)(cannot use powers)
Autonomous Blade [4](next to Guise)
Neutralizing Resonator (next to La Capitan)
Rebounding Debilitator (next to La Capitan)
Micro Assembler (next to Tempest)
Aggression Modulator (in Environmental Limbo)
Vicous Cyclone (next to La Capitan)
Augmented Ally [4] (next to Tempest)
Augmented Ally [4] (next to Scholar)
Energy Bracer [4] (next to Scholar)
Cosmic Weapon [4] (next to Scholar)
Dynamic Siphon [3] (next to Tempest)
Dynamic Siphon [2] (next to Scholar)

------- Environment --------
Time Flies (player gets extra card in play phase and draw phase; villain plays card at start of turn)

Comments:
* - Walk The Plank's hero power denial is not linked to La Capitan dealing damage.

- I expect LC to go down this turn.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Cosmic will take damage

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

I was planning on leaving Blatant Reference out as destruction fodder, but I forgot that she would do that at the start of her turn, and she flipped at the end.  Guise will destroy Blatant Reference for the environment turn and not take the damage.

I can't get to the topdecked Blatant Reference without destroying an ongoing or environment card with Retcon, so no out-of-turn damage for me.  I think we're fine without that though, yeah?

"And him too...man, does she have cloning vats in her ship or something?"

Guise

HP:  12

Hand:  Look What I Found!, Guise the Barbarian, Retcon

In Play: 

Trash: Selling Out x2, Super Ultra Kawaii!! x2, I Can Do That, Too! x2, Total Beefcake, Retcon x2, Best Card Ever! x2, Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy! x3, Guise the Barbarian, Look What I Found! x2, Lemme See That... x2, Gimmicky Character x3, Gritty Reboot x2, Blatant Reference , X-TREEEEEEEEME!!! x2, Where Did I Leave That... x3, Say Cheese!

Under La Capitan: 

---------------------------

Start of Turn: 

Play a Card: Guise the Barbarian

Second play from Time Flies: Look What I Found!
- Deal 3 + 2 melee damage to La Capitan [14]
- - Blade-y II deals 2 energy damage to La Capitan [12]
- that target is still around, increase the next damage Guise deals by 1

Use a Power:

Tough Choices:
- Draw a card: Blatant Reference
- Deal 1 + 2 + 1 melee damage to La Capitan [8]

Draw a Card:  Lemme See That...

Draw second card courtesy of Time Flies: Say Cheese!

End of Turn: 

---------------------------

HP:  12

Hand:  Retcon, Blatant Reference, Lemme See That..., Say Cheese!

In Play: Guise the Barbarian

Trash:  Selling Out x2, Super Ultra Kawaii!! x2, I Can Do That, Too! x2, Total Beefcake, Retcon x2, Best Card Ever! x2, Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy! x3, Guise the Barbarian, Look What I Found! x3, Lemme See That... x2, Gimmicky Character x3, Gritty Reboot x2, Blatant Reference , X-TREEEEEEEEME!!! x2, Where Did I Leave That... x3, Say Cheese!

Under La Capitan:

Effects:  Autonomous Blade [4], Guise the Barbarian: increase damage dealt by Guise by 2

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Captain Cosmic says “Time To Die”

Captain Cosmic

HP:  8

Hand: Construct Cataclysm, Cosmic Crest, Cosmic Weapon , Vitality Conduit ,Energy Bracer, Potent Disruption

In Play:

Augmented Ally: Play Next to Scholar (4)

Augmented Ally: Play Next to Tempest (4)

Autonomous Blade: Next to Guise (4)

Dynamic Siphon:  Next to Tempest HP (4)

Dynamic Siphon:  Next to Scholar HP (4)

Cosmic Weapon: Next to Scholar HP (4)

Energy Bracer: Next to Scholar HP (4)

Sustained Influence

Destructive Response

Unflagging Animation

Trash: Potent Disruption, Augmented Ally, Wounding Buffer(X3), Dynamic Siphon, Autonomous Blade, Construct Cataclysm, Unflagging Animation, Conservation of Energy, Cosmic Crest

Effects:

-----------------------------------------

Start of Turn: Wounding Buffer Next to Guise

Play a Card: Energy Bracer HP (4) [Reduce damage to that hero by 1] Play next to Scholar

2nd Play : Construct Cataclysm (one-shot) [Destroy all construct cards, Captain Cosmic either deals 1 target  X Irreducible energy damage, or deals up to x targets 3 energy damage each, where X is the number of constructs destroyed this way.]

Destroy 9 Constructs Hit La Capitan [X] Dead!!!!!

Comrade Bubbles

Nice! A most enjoyable experience for my first PBF. Thanks for hosting the event, Oaktree!

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

A satisfying conclusion to a tense game! Thank you very much Oaktree!

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Thank you for running this Oaktree, and thank you dshields, Kharnel, Ario, and slaaneshi611 for creating a really fun game!  I'm still kind of amazed we came back from what seemed like certain doom at the time...

Comrade Bubbles

Indeed. Getting so low on health had me worried for a bit there. Fun fact. La Capitan was the villain for the first game I played. She was also the villain for my first PBF AND advanced. So thank you all for letting me try PBF and Advanced with such an entertaining experience.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Yes thank you Oaktree, I enjoy your PBF games, And congrats to all the Heros!!!!

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

If the heroes had somehow let LC survive into Round 10 she had a Raiding Party waiting to go.

It did see-saw nicely for a while with LC hitting hard out of the gate.  The heroes luck turned for the better around the time the entire villain deck got put in the trash and they managed to knock out the initial avalanche of crew.  From then on villain deck plays were relatively tame and the heroes got things in hand, especially once the Dynamic Siphon - Cleansing Downpour - Blatant Reference combo kicked into play to start healing the heroes up along with allowing Scholar to heal and trash LC at the same time.

I need to get more familiar with the Guise, Sky-Scraper, and Captain Cosmic decks myself.  I can generally recall what most of the cards do by title in the older decks, but not with the new heroes yet.

Episode 40 will probably go back to randomized heroes, and probably not get started until next week.

Pages