The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode #39B - Same Heroes, Different Day

319 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oaktree
Oaktree's picture
Episode #39B - Same Heroes, Different Day

More new hero goodness!

Heroes:

Guise (EdgeDS)

Captain Cosmic (dshields)

Prime Warden Tempest (Kharnel)

Sky-scraper (Ario)

Scholar (slaaneshi611)

Villain:

La Capitan (advanced)

Environment:

Realm of Discord

Was tempted to try a "parallel universe" game with Ep 39 where it was the same villain and environment - and possibly with the decks in the same initial order.  But realized that it would take extra care, and possibly hang one game up if the other had a stoppage.  So you get a different villain with a crew and a different environment as well.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Would like to try a PBF game in one of the open slots.  Will wait for the folks who spoke up from the other thread to choose heroes first, of course.

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

I'm happy with The Scholar or Tempest, but I'll be posting an opening hand tomorrow evening GMT. Apologies. That said, I'd prefer The Scholar.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I'll take Sky-Scraper.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Whoever selects Tempest or Capt Cosmic has the option to choose a promo variant if they prefer.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

If you don't have a taker by Sunday I'll take whichever hero is left 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

I dont have guise, So I will take Cosmic, Regular

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Shoot, I won't have time until next week and was planning to sign up for 39B, but it looks like I'm too late. I'll get in next time!

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

I'll snag Guise then and see what kind of shenanigans I can cause.

Comrade Bubbles

Mr. Rhodes has opening hand of: Don’t Dismiss Anything, Bring What You Need, Transmutive Recovery, “Get Out of the Way!”.

I should point out, I am no expert so if I drop the ball big-time, please tell me. Play to learn and all that jazz.

I'm hesitant to use BWYN straight away in case it's stolen but it's an option. As is just drawing two for a turn or two.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

slaaneshi611 wrote:

Mr. Rhodes has opening hand of: Don’t Dismiss Anything, Bring What You Need, Transmutive Recovery, “Get Out of the Way!”.I should point out, I am no expert so if I drop the ball big-time, please tell me. Play to learn and all that jazz.I'm hesitant to use BWYN straight away in case it's stolen but it's an option. As is just drawing two for a turn or two.

The best advice I've seen is "Play the hand you're dealt."  The weakness of the various hero guides and "describe this hero in four cards" formats is that they often ignore some of the secondary strategies the hero can use - or may be forced to use due to a shortage or cards or a sub-optimal draw.  With a lot also depending on the current game state. 

Comrade Bubbles

I usually play the hand I'm dealt, don't worry about that. I'm not building to some 'ideal' play area. But thanks for the advice!

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

If Tempest is still available, I'd love to jump in, Prime Wardens style.

Iron Legacy did nothing wrong.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Kharnel wrote:

If Tempest is still available, I'd love to jump in, Prime Wardens style.

Tempest is available.  You're in as Prime Warden version.  First villain turn to arrive shortly.  Draw your initial hands since raiders approach!

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Awesome! PW Tempest's opening hand: Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane, Flash Flood, Otherworldly Resilience

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Same Heroes, Different Day - ROUND 1 - It Started With An Apple

Villain Turn (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
Start -
  No cards under La Capitan; she does not flip.

La Paradoja Magnifica shuffles the empty villain trash back into the villain deck.

Play - A Motley Crew (one-shot)
 - no crew revealed and put into play
 - top card of the villain deck played:
   - Raiding Party (one-shot)
     - following crew put into play:  Battle Forged [12], Chip [8], Siege-Breaker [10], Final Breath [11]
     - following villain cards discarded: Maria Helena's Revenge, Plunder
     - Zero hero ongoing or equipment cards destroyed

End - (see comment section for the damage decision tree)
 - La Capitan deals 4 Projectile damage to Sky-Scraper [29]
 - La Paradoja Magnifica plays the top card of the villain deck:
    - Walk the Plank!
      - La Capitan deals Scholar [26] 3 Projectile damage. Scholar cannot use powers until the start of the villain turn.
 - Battle Forged deals Guise [22] 5 Energy damage.
 - Chip deals Sky-Scraper [27] 2 Projectile damage.
 - Siege-Breaker deals Tempest [24] and Captain Cosmic [24] 3 irreducible Fire damage.
 - Final Breath deals Guise [19] 3 Toxic Damage.

=======
Effects:
- Whenever a hero card is destroyed by a villain card, put it under La Capitan's character card. (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- Whenever damage dealt by Battle Forged destroys a target, play the top card of the villain deck. (Battle Forged)
- Reduce damage done to Siege-Breaker by 1. (Siege-Breaker)
- Increase damage done by Final Breath to targets with 10 or fewer HP by 1. (Final Breath)
- At the start of the villain turn, shuffle the villain trash into the villain deck. (La Paradoja Magifica)

- At the start of the villain turn if there are three or more cards under La Capitan's character card, flip the character card. (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- At the start of the villain turn, destroy a hero ongoing or equipment card. (La Capitan - Time Corsair - advanced)
- At the start of the villain turn, shuffle the villain trash into the villain deck. (La Paradoja Magifica)
- At the start of the villain turn, Chip deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Projectile damage. (Chip)

- At the end of the villain turn, La Capitan deals the hero target with the highest HP 4 Projectile damage. (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- At the end of the villain turn, play the top card of the villain deck. (La Paradoja Magnifica)
- At the end of the villain turn, Battle Forged deals the non-villain target with the lowest HP 5 Energy damage. (Battle Forged)
- At the end of the villain turn, Chip deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Projectile damage. (Chip)
- At the end of the villain turn, Siege-Breaker deals the two hero targets with the highest HP 3 irreducible Fire damage each. (Siege Breaker)
- At the end of the villain turn, Final Breath deals the hero target with the lowest HP 3 Toxic damage. (Final Breath)

Status
======
La Capitan  [75] (Time Corsair) angel(nothing to see here - nothing!)
La Paradoja Magnifica [15]
Battle Forged [12]
Chip          [8]
Siege-Breaker [10](-1)
Final Breath  [11]

# of cards under La Capitan: 0
Villain Trash: Motley Crew, Raiding Party, Maria Helena's Revenge, Plunder, Walk The Plank!

------- 
Guise                 [19] (low HP)
Captain Cosmic  [24]
Tempest            [24]
Sky-Scraper        [27] (high HP)
Scholar               [26] - cannot use powers

------- Environment --------
None

Comments:

Raiding Party means that La Capitan is not starting off weak, and already has a set of crew out and in play.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*pst* La Capitan not Dawn.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Comrade Bubbles

I'm happy for the Scholar to take the Walk the Plank! damage. I don't know how badly no power use will affect Sky-Scraper.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Wow, ow.

Guise will volunteer to take the damage from Battle-Forged and Final Breath.

"I knew that dame was nothin' but trouble the second she walked in here."  Pulling his trenchcoat tight around him against the unlikely rainstorm, Guise pauses to snub his cigarette out on his tongue to prove...something.

Guise

HP:  19

Hand:  Blatant Reference, Guise the Barbarian, Gritty Reboot, I Can Do That, Too!

In Play: --

Trash: ---------------------------

Start of Turn: 

Play a Card:  Gritty Reboot

Use a Power:  Tough Choices, choosing to draw a card: Super Ultra Kawaii!!  Also, Guise deals Guise [18] 1 melee damage.  Gritty Reboot allows a card draw: Selling Out.

Draw a Card:  Best Card Ever!

End of Turn: ---------------------------

HP:  18

Hand:  Blatant Reference, Guise the Barbarian, I Can Do That, Too!, Super Ultra Kawaii!!, Selling Out, Best Card Ever!

In Play: Gritty Reboot

Trash:  

Effects:  Whenever Guise is dealt damage, you may draw a card.  At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Sky-scraper's Starting hand: Explosive Reveal, Aggresion Modulator, Compulsion Cannister, and Rebounding Debilitator, so I'm staying in Normal no matter what happens. 

Mr. Rhodes, if you were planning on playing and using your Bring What You Need, I'll take the hit from Walk the Plank so you can start building your hand.  If not, I'd ask you kindly to take the hit for me so I can get my three cards. 

Unless others feel strongly that I should Rebounding Debilitate Battle Forged (pending Cosmic's plans), I was planning on playing Compulsion Canister on my turn which is good destruction fodder for the pilferous Captain which would allow ya'll to build up some what. 

Also I just learned that my internet service is going out this weekend. I'll still be able to play my turns from my phone, but I may not be as chatty in strategy discussion.  

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Tempest will volunteer for one of the Siege-Breaker hits. I'm going to get Otherworldly Resilience and Localized Hurricane both in playon my turn, so after that the irreducible damage will be worse for me.

Comrade Bubbles

I'll take the Walk the Plank this turn. It's not like card draw is John Rhode's weakness, is it?

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Cosmic Will take the 3 hit turn comeing in just a min

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Captain Cosmic

HP:  24

Hand: Dynamic Siphon (X2), Autonomous Blade, Conservation Of Energy

In Play: --

Trash: --

Effects: --

-----------------------------------------

Start of Turn: --

Play a Card:  Dynamic Siphon (4HP) {Construct}[Play this card Next to a Hero Character Card] [Whenever This card is dealt damage That Hero May use a power.]

Play Next to Sky-Scraper

Use a Power:  Fabrication: [Reveal the top card of your deck. Put it into play or in your hand.]

Draw Card: Wounding Buffer

Play Next to Tempest (HP4){Construct}[The First time that Hero Character Card is Dealt damage by a target each turn This card Deals the Source of that damage 2 energy damage.]

Draw a Card: Sustained Influence

End of Turn: --

------------------------------------------

HP:  24

Hand:  Dynamic Siphon, Autonomous Blade, Conservation Of Energy, Sustained Influence

In Play:

Dynamic Siphon: Next to Sky-Scrapper HP (4)  

Wounding Buffer: Next to Tempest HP (4)

Trash: --

Effects:

Whenever Dynamic Siphon is dealt damage Sky-Scrapper May use a power

The First time that Tempest is Dealt damage by a target each turn Wounding Buffer Deals the Source of that damage 2 energy damage.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

PRIME WARDENS TEMPEST

HP:  24

Hand:  Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane, Otherworldly Resilience, Flash Flood

In Play:

Trash:

-------------------------

Start of Turn:

Play a Card:  Otherworldly Resilience

Use a Power: Arc of Power - play Electrical Storm, environment deals 2 damage to Tempest [22]. Play Localized Hurricane, environment deals 3 damage to Tempest [19]

Draw a Card: Aquatic Correspondence

End of Turn:

HP:  19

Hand:  Flash Flood, Aquatic Correspondence

In Play: Otherworldly Resilience, Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane

Trash:  

Effects: Increase damage dealt to Tempest by 1. Reduce damage dealt to Tempest by 1.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Sky scraper
normal

HP: 27

Hand: compulsion cannister, rebounding debil., explosive reveal, aggression modulator

In Play:

Trash:

Start of Turn:

Play a Card: rebounding debilitated on battle forged.

Use a Power: surveillance, draw two cards: rest and recover, colossal left hook

Draw a Card: linking incursion

End of Turn:

Hand: linking incursion, colossal left hook, explosive reveal,rest and recover, compulsion cannister, aggression modulator,

In play:rebounding debilitator

Trash:

Effects: when battle forge deals 3 or more damage prevent that damage and destroy the card/put it on top of deck

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

So...target priority?  I'm thinking that La Paradoja Magnifica and Battle Forged are up there to remove the extra villain card plays, but I'm also leaning toward Siege-Breaker whenever we've got boosts to get past his DR.  Thoughts and opinions?

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

EdgeDS wrote:

So...target priority?  I'm thinking that La Paradoja Magnifica and Battle Forged are up there to remove the extra villain card plays, but I'm also leaning toward Siege-Breaker whenever we've got boosts to get past his DR.  Thoughts and opinions?

Yeh agree get rid of the extra card plays first, then we can focus on Siege

Comrade Bubbles

The sound of crashing comes from the inexplicably floating houseboat. "Where did I put that thing?" A male voice says as a shuttlecock flies out of the open door.

The Scholar

HP:  26

Hand:  Don’t Dismiss Anything, Bring What You Need, Transmutive Recovery, “Get Out of the Way!”

In Play: N/A

Trash: N/A

-/-

Start of Turn: N/A

Play a Card: Skip

Use a Power: Skip

Draw a Card:  Expect the Worst, Mortal Form to Energy

End of Turn: N/A

-/-

HP:  26

Hand:  Don’t Dismiss Anything, Bring What You Need, Transmutive Recovery, “Get Out of the Way!”, Expect the Worst, Mortal Form to Energy

In Play:

Trash:

Effects:

-/-

Comments: I'll likely drop BWYN next turn to start the card draws.

I'm inclined to agree with the target priorities, EdgeDS.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Definitely the ship needs to go down first. I was hoping for some more of my big damage one-shots to start things off, but I'll probably play my draw three next turn and hope for some of them to play using my power.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Environment - The Realm of Discord

Waves of color and twisting ethereal shapes drift across the battlefield

In Play: None

Start: None

Play: Positive Energy Field

End: None

Effect: Whenever a card is played the 5 targets with the lowest HP regain 1 HP each. (Positive Energy Field)

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Same Heroes, Different Day - ROUND 2 - Of Bold Promises Made

Villain Turn (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
Start -
  No cards under La Capitan; she does not flip.
  Advanced La Capitan destroys a hero on-going or equipment card (???)
  La Paradoja Magnifica shuffles the villain trash back into the villain deck.
  Chip deals Sky-Scraper [25] 2 projectile damage

Play - A Motley Crew (one-shot)
 - no crew revealed and put into play
   - A Motley Crew (one-shot)
     - still no crew revealed in the villain trash
       - Maria Helena's Revenge (on-going)

End -
 - La Capitan deals 4 Projectile damage to Scholar [22]
 - La Paradoja Magnifica plays the top card of the villain deck:
    - Maria Helena's Revenge (on-going)
 - Battle Forged deals Wounding Buffer [4] 5 Energy damage, but the attack is prevented by Rebounding Debilitator.  Rebounding Debilitator is trashed or returned to the top of Sky-Scraper's deck
 - Chip deals Sky-scraper [23] 2 Projectile damage.
 - Siege-Breaker deals Captain Cosmic [21] and Sky-Scraper [20] 3 irreducible Fire damage.
 - Final Breath deals Dynamic Siphon [X] 4 Toxic Damage.

=======
Effects:
- Whenever a hero card is destroyed by a villain card, put it under La Capitan's character card. (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- Whenever damage dealt by Battle Forged destroys a target, play the top card of the villain deck. (Battle Forged)
- Reduce damage done to Siege-Breaker by 1. (Siege-Breaker)
- Increase damage done by Final Breath to targets with 10 or fewer HP by 1. (Final Breath)
- Whenever a villain target is destroyed, La Capitan deals each hero target 4 Psychic Damage (Maria Helena's Revenge)

- At the start of the villain turn if there are three or more cards under La Capitan's character card, flip the character card. (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- At the start of the villain turn, destroy a hero ongoing or equipment card. (La Capitan - Time Corsair - advanced)
- At the start of the villain turn, Chip deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Projectile damage. (Chip)

- At the end of the villain turn, La Capitan deals the hero target with the highest HP 4 Projectile damage. (La Capitan - Time Corsair)
- At the end of the villain turn, play the top card of the villain deck. (La Paradoja Magnifica)
- At the end of the villain turn, Battle Forged deals the non-villain target with the lowest HP 5 Energy damage. (Battle Forged)
- At the end of the villain turn, Chip deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Projectile damage. (Chip)
- At the end of the villain turn, Siege-Breaker deals the two hero targets with the highest HP 3 irreducible Fire damage each. (Siege Breaker)
- At the end of the villain turn, Final Breath deals the hero target with the lowest HP 3 Toxic damage. (Final Breath)

Status
======
La Capitan [75] (Time Corsair)
La Paradoja Magnifica [15]
Battle Forged [12]
Chip          [8]
Siege-Breaker [10](-1)
Final Breath  [11]

Maria Helena's Revenge (A)(on-going)
Maria Helena's Revenge (B)(on-going)

# of cards under La Capitan: 0
Villain Trash: Motley Crew x2

-------
Guise           [18]
Captain Cosmic  [21]
Tempest         [19](-1)(+1)  
Sky-Scraper     [20]
Scholar         [22] (high HP)
Wounding Buffer [4]  (tie: low HP)(next to Tempest)  [2 energy retaliation]

------- Environment --------
Positive Energy Field

Comments:
A. None of the bottom 5 targets are down any HP, so Positive Energy Field does no healing
B. Heroes need to destroy an equipment or on-going card.
C. Final Breath kills either Wounding Buffer or Dynamic Siphon.

D. Rebounding Debilitator is moved to Sky-Scraper's trash, or the top of her deck.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Go Siege-Breaker!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

C. Final Breath kills either Wounding Buffer or Dynamic Siphon.  If the later then Sky-Scraper gets a power use.

I would have it kill Dynamic Siphon  [4] that was my intention to give sky more cards

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

So, do we have any Ongoing destruction available? Because those Revenge cards are going to seriously hurt if we can't get rid of them . . . IIRC, Scholar and Captain Cosmic don't have any in their decks. Guise has Retcon and Sky-Scraper has a Link, but that wouldn't activate until the next turn even if played now. Hopefully I'll draw Ball Lightning.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

dshields wrote:

C. Final Breath kills either Wounding Buffer or Dynamic Siphon.  If the later then Sky-Scraper gets a power use.I would have it kill Dynamic Siphon  [4] that was my intention to give sky more cards

Will adjust accordingly - Sky-Scraper gets a power use!

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Not yet, why I was trying to give sky more cards give more options, some of Tempests one shots would be nice right now

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Note: If an attack "kills" a Construct it does *not* trigger the Construct's effect since it is dead and removed before it gets the chance to trigger.  (I have been reading discussion in the Rules forum.)

So, given that, is Wounding Burst still being kept over Dynamic Siphon?

Also a decision to be made regarding the hero on-going or equipment card that is being destroyed.

RanisTheSlayer

Guise has ongoing and environment destruction in Retcon, and can copy equipment/ongoings other people have out if any of those can be used to destroy ongoings/environments.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Oaktree wrote:

Note: If an attack "kills" a Construct it does *not* trigger the Construct's effect since it is dead and removed before it gets the chance to trigger.  (I have been reading discussion in the Rules forum.)So, given that, is Wounding Burst still being kept over Dynamic Siphon?Also a decision to be made regarding the hero on-going or equipment card that is being destroyed.

Well that screws up my plans, yeah stay with it, rather have tempest protected as long as possible

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

if gritty reboot is ongoing I would destroy it, he has to destroy it at the beggining of his turn anyway

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Yep, destroy Gritty Reboot.

As La Capitan's pistol shots shred his magnificent trenchcoat, Guise leaps forward out of the disintegrating garment and reveals a giant battle-axe that had been hidden underneath!  His fedora falls away to display the glorious topknot on his head, and he rushes forward with arms (and axe) raised high while yelling the best battle cry ever.  "WOO!  Say 'What' again, I DARE you!"

Guise

HP:  18

Hand:  Blatant Reference, Guise the Barbarian, I Can Do That, Too!, Super Ultra Kawaii!!, Selling Out, Best Card Ever!

In Play: --

Trash: 

Under La Capitan: Gritty Reboot

---------------------------

Start of Turn: 

Play a Card:  Guise the Barbarian

Use a Power:  Tough Choices, choosing to play a card: Best Card Ever!
 - Draw 2 cards: Super Ultra Kawaii! and Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy!
 - Guise deals La Paradoja Magnifica (2+2) melee damage [11]
 - Guise regains 1 HP! [19]
 - If you throw your hands in the air and yell "Woo!" And I totally did that up at the top of this post, check out my Awesome Battle Cry Defying Every Fear Going H.A.M. Innis Joint! ....er...right...you may play a card: Blatant Reference
 - Playing Blatant Reference will, I believe, heal La Paradoja Magnifica 1 up to [12]

Draw a Card:  Total Beefcake

End of Turn: Discard Selling Out to deal (1+2) projectile damage to La Paradoja Magnifica [9]

---------------------------

Hand:  I Can Do That, Too!, Super Ultra Kawaii!! * 2, Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy, Total Beefcake

In Play: Blatant Reference, Guise the Barbarian

Trash:  Best Card Ever!, Selling Out

Under La Capitan: Gritty Reboot

Effects:  
 - Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. (Guise the Barbarian)
 - At the end of each Hero turn, you may discard 1 card.  If you do, Guise deals 1 target 1 projectile damage. (Blatant Reference)

Both will be destroyed at the start of my next turn.

Comments:

Planning on discarding both Super Ultra Kawaii's, I Can Do That, Too!, and one of my last two cards at the end of each respective hero turn to do damage.  If we're not ready to kill the things off because of the two ongoings that came out, I can at least get some of the crew low.  Unless someone draws an ongoing that grants a power to destroy villain ongoings (which I'm not sure if any of us have, offhand) I'll probably use Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy for the final hero turn discard to deal damage, and save Total Beefcake.

Edited to account for Positive Energy Field healing.
Edited again - since Final Breath destroyed Dynamic Syphon, wouldn't it go under La Capitan?  I don't actually WANT that to happen, but...

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

if it does, then its either let her flip or I just sit back and play nothing cause all my constructs have 4 HP

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Captain Cosmic says “Kill my Constructs and I just make more”

Captain Cosmic

HP:  21

Hand: Dynamic Siphon, Autonomous Blade, Conservation Of Energy, Sustained Influence

In Play:

Trash: Dynamic Siphon

Effects:

The First time that Tempest is Dealt damage by a target each turn Wounding Buffer Deals the Source of that damage 2 energy damage.

-----------------------------------------

Start of Turn: --

Play a Card:  Dynamic Siphon: Next to Sky-Scrapper HP (4)

Use a Power:  Fabrication: [Reveal the top card of your deck. Put it into play or in your hand.]

Draw Card: Cosmic Weapon HP (4) {Construct} [Play this card nest to a Hero Character card. That hero Gains the following Power] [Power: This Hero Deals 1 target 3 energy Damage.]

Play next to Scholar

Draw a Card: Potent Disruption

End of Turn: --

------------------------------------------

HP:  21

Hand:  Autonomous Blade, Conservation Of Energy, Sustained Influence, Potent Disruption

In Play:

Dynamic Siphon:  Next to Sky-Scrapper HP (4)

Cosmic Weapon: Next to Scholar HP (4)

Trash: Dynamic Siphon

Effects:

Whenever Dynamic Siphon is dealt damage Sky-Scrapper May use a power

Scholar may use Power: Scholar Deals 1 target 3 energy Damage.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Guise discards Super Ultra Kawaii!! at the end of Captain Cosmic's turn to do (1+2) projectile damage to La Paradoja Magnifica.  That should put it at 7 after it heals 1 from CC's card play, assuming that Positive Energy Field only triggers on cards being played and not from being "put into play" (e.g. CC's power.)

Lowest 5 HP would be the 3 constructs, LPM, and Chip, correct?

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Gah.  As was pointed out to me by PM (thank you again!) I missed the damage that's part of Tough Choices.  So LPM would be down another 3 to be at [4] now.  

I'll work on having to make fewer correcting entries in the future.  Sorry!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't worry, there's an edit button.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

PRIME WARDENS TEMPEST

Hand:  Flash Flood, Aquatic Correspondence

In Play: Otherworldly Resilience, Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane

Trash:  

Effects: Increase damage dealt to Tempest by 1. Reduce damage dealt to Tempest by 1.

Start of Turn: Electrical Storm deals 1 damage to all non-hero targets: La Capitan [74], La Paradoja Magnifica [3], Battle Forged [11], Chip [7], Final Breath [10]

Play a Card: Aquatic Correspondence. Draw Chain Lightning, Lightning Slash, Into the Stratosphere. Heals Constructs [All at full], Paradoja [4], Chip [at full].

Use a Power: Arc of Power
First play: Into the Stratosphere. Put Maria Helena's Revenge on top of the villain deck. Deal 2 projectile damage to La Capitan [72]. Heal Constructs [all at full], Paradoja [5], Chip [at full]. Environment deals 3 lightning damage to Tempest [16]
Second play: Chain Lightning, deal 4 lightning damage to Paradoja [1],  3 to Battle Forged [8], 2 to Chip [6]. Heal Paradoja [2], Constructs [all at full], Chip [7]. Environment deals 3 lightning damage to Tempest [13]

Draw a Card: Aquatic Correspondence

End of Turn:

HP:  13

Hand:  Flash Flood, Lightning Slash, Aquatic Correspondence

In Play: Otherworldly Resilience, Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane

Trash:  Aquatic Correspondence, Into the Stratosophere, Chain Lightning

Effects: Increase damage dealt to Tempest by 1. Reduce damage dealt to Tempest by 1.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Shoot, I just realized that EACH Revenge does 4 damage. I thought each was doing 2 for some reason. Uhh, I'm going to probably revise that then, since that will break all the constructs . . .

EDIT: Okay, what do you guys think? I can get one Revenge out of play and kill Paradoja, we'll all get hit for 4. Or I can just do some damage across the board without killing anything using Lightning Slash and Chain Lightning.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

OK.  Will await that being re-worked.

Two cards are currently under La Capitan: Gritty Reboot and Dynamic Siphon.

Bottom six in HP after the Electrical Storm are Construct [4], Construct [4], Construct [4], LPM [4], Chip [8], Siege-Breaker [10], Final Breath [10].  Underlined are at full points.

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

Kharnel wrote:

Shoot, I just realized that EACH Revenge does 4 damage. I thought each was doing 2 for some reason. Uhh, I'm going to probably revise that then, since that will break all the constructs . . .EDIT: Okay, what do you guys think? I can get one Revenge out of play and kill Paradoja, we'll all get hit for 4. Or I can just do some damage across the board without killing anything using Lightning Slash and Chain Lightning.

I guess it depends on if we are ready for her to flip, If we don't want her to flip, I can rework my turn get rid of tempest's construct and keep her at 2 cards for this round. I could just build up cards till we get her crew beat down.

Pages