The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of the Multiverse fan art!

615 posts / 0 new
Last post
Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Greywind wrote:

McBehrer wrote:

Not to mention, given how athletic she is, her... *ahem* assets are bound to be a bit smaller, as they ARE primarily fat-based.

Tell that to Power Girl.

Perhaps Kryptonian breasts are made of solid muscle.  Regardless, they're just as bulletproof as the rest of her.  The rules only apply to garden-variety humans, of which Batman (on whom Wraith is based) is constantly insisted as being one, despite how hard he pushes the envelope of what ought to be humanly possible.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Most female comic characters are drawn busty as opposed to realistically.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Ah, I see you're trying out a new custom hero!  Let me know how Captain Obvious plays in this Environment.  :D

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

El_Theo
El_Theo's picture

Hello,

you asked for her, here is the final Freedom Five, Tachyon. Hope you'll like it.  :o)

my gallery > http://el.theo.free.fr/index.php?categorie1/blog
May contain almost NSFW, like boobs and stuff. Browse with caution.

El_Theo
El_Theo's picture

Oh, just a precision, Wraith's boobs are full of men's hopes and desires. Nothing less, nothing more.  ;o)

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Tachyon's great too.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Haha. I really like how she is standing in such a static pose and she is looking at the audience with kind of a defiant look. Like she's saying "yeah, I know you expected me to be a blur of speed... but I don feel like running just now".

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Tachyon is pretty decent.  I don't care for the hairstyle, but otherwise it's a good pic.  Probably the second-best of these.  Also I love your new avatar.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Thank you so much--love the Tachyon picture. It's fantastic. I'll probably have to make it the background on my phone. And I like that you made her look younger. Since we've seen "present" and "future" versions of Tachyon, it's cool to see what she would look like if she were a younger super hero.

Great work, sir!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Oh, I love that Tachyon... bravo!

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Tachyon's looking good. I suppose maybe she isn't moving fast because she looks like a teenager in that pic and therefore it was before the accident ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Tachyon is all, "Seriously Mom, Lillian?  She's so annoying, why do I always have to take her with me?"

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

The main complaint that I have with this new art is that Absolute Zero does not have his iconic blue triangle on his chest. That killed it for me.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Some of you guys may be having a hard time looking past the fact that the art isn't how you would have made it and just enjoying it for the way he made it.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Teenage Tachyon is way too cool for her lame goth cousin.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Spiff wrote:
Some of you guys may be having a hard time looking past the fact that the art isn't how you would have made it and just enjoying it for the way he made it.

And some of us may just not appreciate the way he made it.  Art is subjective after all.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Love the Tachyon pic.  She and Legacy are my favorite characters to play on the Freedom Five, and I really like the design choices with both.  Your redesign of Legacy stayed pretty true to his original look, and maintains a straightforward and simplistic design that really fits Mr. Parsons.  Tachyon continues to wear a fashionable and functional outfit, and the jacket really brings it all together.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

And some of us may just not appreciate the way he made it.  Art is subjective after all.

That's true, but he didn't post them here to be judged by you.  He just said, "I made these, hope you like them too."  The appropriate response in those cases is, "Thanks!", not "I would have used red instead of blue", don't you think?  I just thought we were more pleasant and welcoming than that.

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Some seem to be contrary by nature.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Not contrary, just critical.  I don't believe that anyone who inserts themselves into the public discourse is exempt from being evaluated; that's just not the way the world works.  If you don't want to risk having someone tear your creations to shreds, keep them to yourself, or show them only to your close friends who you know won't hurt your feelings.  If you display them to every stranger who walks past, you're asking to hear what everyone has to say; that's the whole point of the publicity.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'm going to have to side a little bit with Envisioner. When you put something on public display, you open yourself up to evaluation and criticism. Of course, nobody has to agree with Envisioner's evaluation and if you want to argue with the evaluation itself and the points behind it, Spiff, then you are free to do so, but Envisioner does have a right to make his own evaluation, just as you have the right to question the validity of the evaluation.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Precisely.  Society depends on the freedom of open discourse; if we're not allowed to speak the truth (or our perception of it) for fear of offending someone, then we end up with an entirely superficial society in which basic facts go unreported.

To be entirely clear, even though I don't mostly care for this artist's work, I'm glad he posted it; my worldview has been enhanced by the ability to consider these alternatives.  I simply find that I mostly prefer the originals, but a chance of pace can be refreshing, and it's always better to have more options.

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

There's nothing wrong with criticism, so long as it is constructive.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Is that not what I've been doing?  If not, how not?  How would you have said things differently, if you were attempting to express the same opinion of the art?

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Constructive criticism's always better though, right?

edit: ninjaed. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

My point is simply this:  El_Theo has raised the average awesomeness level of the Universe just a bit by creating and, more importantly, sharing his beautiful art.  Everyone's opinion is of course the best, most important thing in the world, but before you drop your bombs on someone else's creation, just think for a moment whether by doing so, you're also raising the average awesomeness level of the Universe, or just dropping it back down.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Spiff wrote:
My point is simply this:  El_Theo has raised the average awesomeness level of the Universe just a bit by creating and, more importantly, sharing his beautiful art.  Everyone's opinion is of course the best, most important thing in the world, but before you drop your bombs on someone else's creation, just think for a moment whether by doing so, you're also raising the average awesomeness level of the Universe, or just dropping it back down.

Okay, I can get behind that.  Sorry if I bummed anyone out.

El_Theo
El_Theo's picture

Hello,

no problem for me with criticism. As Envisioner said, everyone is free to give his perception and, well, I'm ok with it. I heard the bad criticisms about Wraith, but I knew my vision of her might not fit everyone's expectation. No problem, it's only my personal interpretation. A great american philosopher named Michael Bay once said "I won't change my style for anybody, p*****ies do that".  ;o)

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Will you be doing any more pics? I'm interested in seeing your interpretations of the other heroes, and of the villains. I do like your art style even if the characters' actual appearances aren't really how I'd picture them if I was gonna create an image of them myself (eg Legacy with his huge chin, Ab'Zero wearing clothes over his cryo suit, Wraith's "Hey, look! Boobs!" image, etc).

I keep thinking I should do my own pics of the Sentinels characters, but I know I'm no good at drawing humanoids, especially actual humans. I've had a few ideas, but never got round to do anything, lol.

I am the Wordweaver...

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Whee, just finished my first ever piece of Sentinels-based fan art :). I had an idea to do pics like this ages ago but never got round to doing any until now. When I was considering which card to do as my first pic, the answer was obvious - okay, he turned out a bit wonky, but I'm pretty pleased with my first effort :).

Attachments: 

I am the Wordweaver...

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nice.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Looks pretty good. Was that done in Minecraft?

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Hehe, yes indeed it was :). I realise I could build actual 3D models of everyone in it, but I don't think my brain could take that so I'll stick to bodging together these 2D images instead ;). I'm not sure what I'll do a pic of next...I only have a limited "palette" so I suppose there might be some things I can't do without the colours looking really weird. This pic took me a couple of hours or so - maybe I'll do another one when I've not really got anything else to do ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Well that's just beautiful :D

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Pixel chomps, I love it! :)

Damn it, Ronway!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Thanks all :). I might do the background on Mr Chomps as well - I did think about it last night but it was about 2am by the time I finished doing Mr Chomps himself so I decided to leave it there. I don't know which card's art I'll do next, whenever I get round to doing another one. I suppose technically it's not so much fan art as fan copying-the-already-drawn-pictures-in-a-slightly-crappy-way but I don't think I could do any decent pics from scratch in this particular medium - better done hand-drawn I think ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Reckless
Reckless's picture

A Legacy symbol done in Perler beads.

After being cooped up in my place for about five days with the flu, I finally created some Sentinels fanart.  Taking note from some awesome projects on the internet, I've been making Perler bead sprite art of various characters and monsters in games I played when I was a kid.  I took a stab at Legacy's famous lantern.

I've never attempted to make one of these without a bead-for-bead pattern, so it looks a little rough.  Also, the larger projects (there is a quarter next to the symbol for comparison) generally are a nightmare to consistently iron, and this one was no different.  But, extra melted patches and imperfections all, I still am happy I pulled it off!

Attachments: 

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Cool! I've done some work with mini Hama beads and it's great fun. My Pac-Man "ghost" pendant gets a lot of attention. 

Damn it, Ronway!

SuperRick
SuperRick's picture

I also appreciate the fact that SotM has mostly-clothed females (exception of Visionary). This was one of the reasons I bought SotM over the Marvel Legendary deck-building game.

I'm a conservative Christian and appreciate that the game as it stands is conducive to me and my family’s values.  I'm glad I can play it with my seven year old and not find profanity, indecency, immodesty, and political agendas rammed down my throat or even hinted at - be they "conservative" or "liberal."  The comics may be different, but the game as it stands is compatible with my faith (in a world where many things seem to not be) and I'm really thankful for that.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

The guy in your avatar seems to be having an only-mostly-clothed moment. ;)

EDIT:  doh!  he put on some clothes and a hat now. :)

SuperRick
SuperRick's picture

Spiff wrote:

The guy in your avatar seems to be having an only-mostly-clothed moment. ;)

Ha!  Good one!  I actually just changed it right before you said that.  I figgured I change it to my favorite Sentinel, Chrono-Ranger.  When I googled Chrono-Ranger I got a gazillion pictures of the Power Rangers.  Man, I hated that show.  I have friends who loved it, but not me. 

Reckless
Reckless's picture

And last night I finished up a Tempest Perler bead Nemesis symbol!  I'm much happier with the design and ironing on this one.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Odin
Odin's picture

El_Theo wrote:

Hello,no problem for me with criticism. As Envisioner said, everyone is free to give his perception and, well, I'm ok with it. I heard the bad criticisms about Wraith, but I knew my vision of her might not fit everyone's expectation. No problem, it's only my personal interpretation. A great american philosopher named Michael Bay once said "I won't change my style for anybody, p*****ies do that".  ;o)

I truly apreciate the maturity in how you handled the criticism! It shows much about your personality and I loved that quote. I hope you make some more art for us to see! Also, I'm loving Pixel chomps and the nemesis icons!I wish I had any artistic ability but I may ask a friend if he would like to do some. He is a fantastic artist.

SuperRick
SuperRick's picture

My favorite is the Bunker image.  It's amazing.

Reckless
Reckless's picture

I've been busy!  Here is Tachyon, Visionary, and Bunker.  After picking up a few more grey beads tomorrow, I can finish up my Fanatic icon.  After that, I can iron my Wraith nemesis icon!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

You've almost earned all your Sentinels badges, Reckless.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Reckless
Reckless's picture

Nielzabub wrote:

You've almost earned all your Sentinels badges, Reckless.

All in due time.  I'm learning more and more that I need a lot of grey.  I've attempted to finish a Unity nemesis symbol and ran out halfway through.  I'll also need some dark grey for Expatriette.

Anyway, I finished the Fanatic symbol.  It's super busy, so I'm hoping you folks like it.  I'm really, really happy with how The Wraith's turned out, as I thought it would be a lot harder than it was.  I also managed to just finish up a Ra symbol, and I'm pretty happy with the bead color I managed to find.

I hope you folks like them!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Reckless
Reckless's picture

Sorry for the double post, but I finally grabbed up enough grey to finish Unity's symbol.  I also managed to complete a Haka and Mister Fixer symbol as well.  I really need to get some dark grey beads, or I'll just have to postpone working on Absolute Zero and Expatriette's nemesis symbols.

Also, I'm not sure if any of my choices for Fixer's symbol completely changed or muddied the meaning, as I'm only familiar with English and a small bit of French.  I did my best to represent all of the characters, but it was quite challenging to fit everything in and portraying the wavier strokes.

EDIT:  However I seem to edit and reupload my Unity perler, it never seems to want to position itself upright.  You may need to tilt your head or screen to view it right-side up!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Reckless
Reckless's picture

Triple post!  I got a bunch of beads in the mail that aren't normally around my local shops, so I could work on some of the characters that required dark grey.  Here is Nightmist, newcomer Setback, Expatriette (I made her right after him purely by coincidence, and I thought it was fun that her symbol is radially symmetrical), and Argent Adept.  The Argent Adept was incredibly hard.  I didn't have a very good green for the background and I don't think I conveyed the image very well.  The picture quality is also really bad, but I didn't think that people were missing out on much.  I'll post a better one if anyone is curious.  I'm almost done with Absolute Zero, but I need more dark grey beads (which I'll also need for Omnitron-X).

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I'm generally not one to say such things, but Reckless your adept picture is really out of foucs (or maybe my coputer didn't process it properly)

There's also a glare on Expat's

Love the work though, defintely better than anything I could attempt

Pages