The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of the Multiverse fan art!

615 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

Chaosmancer wrote:

I'm generally not one to say such things, but Reckless your adept picture is really out of foucs (or maybe my coputer didn't process it properly) There's also a glare on Expat's Love the work though, defintely better than anything I could attempt 

It's out of focus.  I don't think it was a very good interpretation so I didn't bother retaking it.  I can retake the Expat and AA pictures if you'd like.


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

I'm so close to finishing all of the heroes!  I'll probably revise a bunch of them (Legacy and Argent Adept are two big ones that need to be fixed, and the Tempest perler's lighting bolts aren't as accurate as they could be), but I want to get them all done before the release tomorrow.  I'll probably be up all night.

In other news, here is The Naturalist, Parse, Chrono Ranger, Absolute Zero (finally!), and Omnitron-X!  Only The Scholar, K.N.Y.F.E., and The Sentinels remain!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to clean the game rooms at the comic shop I work at.  The boss agreed to cover my shift tomorrow during the Magic: The Gathering Born of The Gods prerelease if I cleaned up the shop.  Basically, I have the best boss ever.  I also have to be at TeslaRoyale's house in about seven and a half hours to drive to St. Louis!  The night is young!

EDIT:  Omnitron-X will be in the next post.  Ran out of files to add!


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

And here is Omnitron-X!

EDIT:  After all was said and done, I got every symbol currently known but The Sentinels.  I was so close!  I'll just have to finish that one up after the release.  Here is The Scholar and K.N.Y.F.E.'s nemesis symbols!


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Thank you, again, Reckless. That was a very sweet gesture for you to give some of these out at the party yesterday.


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Agreed - thanks! My only regret was not getting you to sign mine. frown


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

What!? You guys! I'm glad they were appreciated. Thanks again for cleaning our cages and making sure we don't murder each other on the forums!


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Craig
Craig's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Admin
Joined: Apr 18, 2012

My Legacy perler is keeping Mr. Chomps company on my desk, next to the Dalek and the TARDIS. Thanks!


Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

My NightMist perler has already mesmerized friends across the country, lost in the swirls.


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Oh goodness, do I have to have Perler jealousy as well now? ;)

I'm actually tempted to have a crack at them myself. I have the tiny mini Hama beads. Reckless, would you mind if I stole your idea?


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

Silverleaf wrote:

Oh goodness, do I have to have Perler jealousy as well now? ;)I'm actually tempted to have a crack at them myself. I have the tiny mini Hama beads. Reckless, would you mind if I stole your idea?


Do it!  I'm just happy people enjoy them.  With all of my double and triple posts I was concerned that there was a collective "When will this guy quit posting this junk!?" coming from the forum.  I'm just happy that I've received so much positive feedback!

I'm glad that you folks enjoy your perlers.  It was awesome being able to share those with the folks at GoH Con and on the forums!

I'll be working on the Sentinels nemesis symbol soon (and possibly a few more, thanks to Vengeance), and see about remaking the ones I gave out (and possibly improving on a few designs.  After looking over the Argent Adepts nemesis symbol, I'm definitely going to go with a greyish background so that people can actually make out what it is!  I don't know what I was thinking with neon yellow on neon green!


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

Awesome, thanks. :)

I noticed that Christopher tried to steal at least some of them...


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

He got Tachyon

 

And Adam got Fanatic

 

and I think a few forumites got some.


Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

I'd like to hate them, then I could be the nemesis of the nemesis icons.

Sadly they are really well done and I don't.  Oh well.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

I gave one to each of the > G crew and the mods on the forum. Christopher, Adam, Paul, Jodie, Andy, Russ, and Craig (Arenson, Rabit, and Imprimis, respectively).


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

boxwood
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 31, 2012
Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

That is awesome!


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Odin
Odin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 3 months ago
Joined: Aug 11, 2013

This is an awesome Death-ray weilding Blade drawn by my brother! He also took a stab at Voss but he didn't like that one.

Attachments: 
Julia
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 28, 2013

Due to a rather unexpected amount of Lego love elsewhere, here is something I've been working on for a couple of days and of which I promised someone to post pics.

It's Legocy and the Sentinels of the Miniverse!

The project has gone through several stages. Initially, I just wanted to assemble a few heroes from existing Lego pieces, but then it pretty quickly became clear that A: I have to make everything! and B: that I need to do some painting to get it right. Which is where the whole thing nearly stopped because I feel there is just no way in heck to paint Legos so they don't look rubbish from up close, at least in the eyes of a perfectionist. Acrylic paint makes blotches, Markers make stripes and varnish looks hideous. Put some primer on the figures, you say? Nope, because then they become gritty and nothing fits together anymore. I have painted stupidly small details on miniatures before, but even eyelashes on a 20mm are less annoying than some of this was. So these are all still very much works in progress.

Missing from the Heroes are: Bunker, who is awaiting a consignment of epoxy, Fanatic who has hair issues, Tempest and Omnitron-X who have no heads, Haka and Ra. who have no torsos, and Nightmist and the Scholar, who need to be robed (the Scholar is totally nekkid). Vengeance Heroes will have to wait until I have my copy, but I have Setbacks head, poor guy.

Oh, and Expatriette was already as good as finished, but I accidentally disfigured her face (I know, that's what her mom said!).

Once that they are done, I'll start making some Villains (Blade, Plague Rat, and Citizen Dawn & Co. are already partially assembled )and the Mobile Defense Platform.  I was contemplating making a stop motion scene once I have everything, but thanks to the horrible, horrible paint, the figures wouldn't survive the process. If I ever find a way to fix the problem and am prepared to make everyone again,  I'll reconsider.

Anyway, on to the pictures. If you can't tell who is who, I haven't done my job! smiley


Semper ludens.

Foote
Foote's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
PlaytesterHarmony
Joined: Apr 09, 2013

Chrono with the metal arm. Fantastic.

Dat Raptor Bot!

SO good.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Those are awesome, Julia! laugh Love the details. Really wish there was a way to have Fixer's hat down over his (blind) eyes, but that's not really possible with what's available. Still, really shiny stuff!

Thanks for sharing!


"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Julia
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 28, 2013

Well, thanks a bunch!

Rabit wrote:

Really wish there was a way to have Fixer's hat down over his (blind) eyes.

Oh, you do not want to know the things that I contemplated to fix that issue! But I'll tell you.

I thought about erasing the eyes completely and then drawing a dark shadow on his face. Then I figured, I could blu-tac his head on at an angle. Then I thought, nah, I'll have to re-shape the hat so that the brim is pulled way down low (-> accidental  'Queen' reference) and then I thought, hey, I'll just saw the top of his head off!

But then I looked at myself and I didn't like the person I had become over this. So yeah, Mr.Fixer stays this way (fun fact: the head used to belong to Emperor Palpatine) and I'll take all subsequent pictures at an harsh angle with appropriate lighting. Seriously, it weirds me out a litle to be able to see his eyes, too.

 

Now Raptor Bots, on the other hand, those I could make all day. But I can't, because I'd starve.

 


Semper ludens.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 09, 2013

Julia wrote:

Due to a rather unexpected amount of Lego love elsewhere, here is something I've been working on for a couple of days and of which I promised someone to post pics.It's Legocy and the Sentinels of the Miniverse!The project has gone through several stages. Initially, I just wanted to assemble a few heroes from existing Lego pieces, but then it pretty quickly became clear that A: I have to make everything! and B: that I need to do some painting to get it right. Which is where the whole thing nearly stopped because I feel there is just no way in heck to paint Legos so they don't look rubbish from up close, at least in the eyes of a perfectionist. Acrylic paint makes blotches, Markers make stripes and varnish looks hideous. Put some primer on the figures, you say? Nope, because then they become gritty and nothing fits together anymore. I have painted stupidly small details on miniatures before, but even eyelashes on a 20mm are less annoying than some of this was. So these are all still very much works in progress.Missing from the Heroes are: Bunker, who is awaiting a consignment of epoxy, Fanatic who has hair issues, Tempest and Omnitron-X who have no heads, Haka and Ra. who have no torsos, and Nightmist and the Scholar, who need to be robed (the Scholar is totally nekkid). Vengeance Heroes will have to wait until I have my copy, but I have Setbacks head, poor guy.Oh, and Expatriette was already as good as finished, but I accidentally disfigured her face (I know, that's what her mom said!).Once that they are done, I'll start making some Villains (Blade, Plague Rat, and Citizen Dawn & Co. are already partially assembled )and the Mobile Defense Platform.  I was contemplating making a stop motion scene once I have everything, but thanks to the horrible, horrible paint, the figures wouldn't survive the process. If I ever find a way to fix the problem and am prepared to make everyone again,  I'll reconsider.Anyway, on to the pictures. If you can't tell who is who, I haven't done my job! smiley

 

The Grasshopper (age 8) wants your Absolute Zero minifig. Very  badly, I might add.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: Sep 26, 2012

Those look really awesome!!

I think I am going to have to steal your idea.  Like. Right. Now!!

cmschex
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Feb 02, 2013

My daughter and I are playing Lego Marvel Superheores right now (which is super fun, btw) and seeing tehese awesome figs makes me want a SotM version of that game (or any Sentinels video game, really).  Those look great!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Really well done on a lot of art here.

Love Lego Visionary, she's about to make it rain superior brainpower

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 15, 2012

Wow, those are all really cool :D. I'm afraid it took me a little while to recognise Visionary but in the end I think it was the boots I recognised, for some weird reason. I think it's because card-Visionary's clothing is green rather than blue. Still, I worked it out in the end so that's okay ;). Looking forward to seeing what else you can make :D.

I should get back to making some pictures like that one I did of Mr Chomps...I keep meaning to, but haven't got round to it yet. I also haven't got any particular thoughts on which card art to do - I was just gonna look through them and find one that I think I can do. I might also go back to Mr Chomps and add in the background. If I could be arsed, I'd redo him bigger (so the fiddly details of his claws and teeth look less messy and more like...well, claws and teeth ;)) but it took me a couple of hours to do that version so I'll probably just leave him as he is.


I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Julia wrote:

It's Legocy and the Sentinels of the Miniverse!

LOVE! Love love love!

Quote:

Oh, and Expatriette was already as good as finished, but I accidentally disfigured her face (I know, that's what her mom said!).

 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Julia wrote:

oh, you do not want to know the things that I contemplated to fix that issue! But I'll tell you.

...

Now Raptor Bots, on the other hand, those I could make all day. But I can't, because I'd starve. 

 

You. Crack. Me. Up.


Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

Absolutely fantastic Sentinels of the Legoverse.


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Maniac0013s
Maniac0013s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 9 months ago
Joined: Feb 12, 2014

Been wanting to do this for a while.

http://fav.me/d765bu0

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

Beautiful work.

 

But should she be flying with that thing over her face?

Can't be very safe.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Nov 25, 2012

THE LORD WILL GUIDE HER FLIGHT. Or something.


“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Odin
Odin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 3 months ago
Joined: Aug 11, 2013

I love the work! Is she landing in a puddle or touching the surface of a lake or any other body of water...? Like I said LOVE the art but the ripples confuse me.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Oct 15, 2012

It could just be the impact on the ground, like a mini-shockwave because she's landing so hard.


I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Apr 10, 2012

That's pretty cool, is it a Sentinels specific version of your avatar, what's your avatar?


Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Maniac0013s
Maniac0013s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 9 months ago
Joined: Feb 12, 2014

Matchstickman wrote:

That's pretty cool, is it a Sentinels specific version of your avatar, what's your avatar?

Its a pony

TeslaRoyale
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: May 15, 2013

Very nice work Maniac

Odin
Odin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 3 months ago
Joined: Aug 11, 2013

I like the idea that the ground trembles beneath the feet of the mighty Fanatic!

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

Awesome work on Fanatic, guy.  I look forward to seeing more of your art on the forum!


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

mori57
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jul 22, 2013

Got my son to try his hand at drawing a Sentinels character. This is his first stab at G.I. Bunker:

Someone on the G+ Sentinels fan page suggested I post this here. :)

Odin
Odin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 3 months ago
Joined: Aug 11, 2013

I don't have G.I. Bunker but this looks great! You have a talented son.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

How old is he?  And thanks for posting this.  Very nice work.

mori57
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jul 22, 2013

Thanks! He's 18, and amongst other things (he sculpts, does effects makeup, and voiceovers), he sure would like to break into the comics industry. :)

For those interested, he has a DeviantArt account with other artwork, here: http://constantm0tion.deviantart.com/

Once I get the nerve up (and actually finish a sketch), I might try posting something here, too.

mori57
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jul 22, 2013

My first shot at something Sentinels-like.

On my Deviant Art... for some reason, I can't seem to link it into here.

http://fav.me/d7937rl

Maniac0013s
Maniac0013s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 9 months ago
Joined: Feb 12, 2014

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: Jan 26, 2013

I like it.

TeslaRoyale
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Playtester
Joined: May 15, 2013

That is sick dude.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
ModeratorPlaytester
Joined: Sep 05, 2013

That Omni-X is sweet.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 6 months ago
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Joined: May 17, 2012

Impressive work on Omnitron-X, guy.

 

Seeing new fan art has reminded me to post up the last of my nemesis icon perler creations.  I finished these a few months ago but it kept slipping my mind.  So, here they are!  The Sentinels, Captain Cosmic, and Guise!  I'm halfheartedly attempting Skyscraper, but I don't think it will turn out very well due to size and color constraints.

 

 


Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Joined: Apr 10, 2013

I only see a tiny blank square. :(


Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pages