The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Argent Adept Prime Warden Unlock

87 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture
Argent Adept Prime Warden Unlock

Well, it's not as simple as, "Win with Argent Adept, Captain Cosmic, Tempest, Fanatic and Haka against Akash'Bhuta in Insula Primalis," becuase I just tried that and no unlock.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

It's not as simple as Lose to Akash with AA in the lead with a 5 person team with no other Prime Wardens.

It's not as simple as AA giving the final blow (he hit her directly, not one of her limbs) on Akash on a 4 person team without other Prime Wardens. 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

mightyschoop

I was thinking have someone else finish off Aki on AA's turn.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Well, I just tried this:

1. Lose to Akash'bhuta with AA in the lead and no other Prime Wardens in the party, in Insula Primalis.
  2. Win against Ahash-bhuta (not Advanced) with AA in the lead and all Prime Wardens (vanilla versions) in the party, in Insula Primalis.  AA dealt the finishing blow, but on Akash'bhuta's turn.

No unlock.  There might be something complicated here, such as AA making all other Prime Wardens use a power, draw a card, or play a card.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Just tried:

Use Cedistic Dissonant to destroy Xu's bell in order to destroy the TCS Conqueror.  No unlock.

The artwork for the Prime Warden AA features all of the instruments, with the exception of the Bell (which he destroyed to save the earth from Voss's Fleet). Its kind of a big thing to destroy an instrument (given how Akash wants to do just that), so I figured it was a good idea.  

Maybe there is a step that comes before. 

It might also be worthwhile (which I will try next) to have the AA be incapped by the Enead, if at all possible using the card "The Grave Beckons" 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

That's a good idea, but it might be for PW Tempest rather than PW AA.

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I'm sorry for causing panic. D:

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I tried beating Akash'Bhuta with the Prime Wardens (in the order shown on the promo image) in Insula Primalis. During this game, the following things happened:

I used every instrument, every one-shot, every perform, and every accompany.

I ended the game with every possible card in play.

At least a couple turns I used every single power available. All 7. Dynamic Siphons helped a LOT.

Argent dealt the final blows, while she was on her Avatar of Destruction side.

No one was incapped.

And still, no unlock.

So then I played another game, with Argent, Chrono, and Setback, in Omnitron-IV. Lost on purpose. Made sure Akash'Bhuta dealt the killing blow to Argent. No unlock, but I wasn't expecting one.

Third game was a rematch of the first. We won again, but without jumping through all of the first game's hoops. I just played normally. Haka killed her with a massive rampage that killed about 9 of her limbs.

Still no unlock.

I'm pretty stumped now. I feel like those were my best guesses, and the answer is either something really obscure, like with Grandpa Legacy, or I'm just missing some little detail.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

mightyschoop

No unlock:

AA, Fanatic, Ra, F6 Zero, Haka vs akash'Bhuta in Pike.

Did a lot of healing with Rhapsody of vigor. AA was incapped on the Environment turn by a vat. Won the amenities on AA's incap action, by having Ra deliver he finishing blow directly. no unlock.

Kratos13

No unlock:

Argent Adept, Greatest Legacy, Mr. Fixer, Team Leader Tachyon in Final Wasteland.

Loss, Argent Adept last to fall.  All limbs in play, Allies of the Earth and one Entomb (multiple Entombs were never in play), Akash at full health.

(was using Grease Gun and Hypersonic Assault to stay alive until all limbs were in play).  Akash flipped twice.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

So, beat Akash in the Time Cataclysm with the prime wardens, with AA in the first slot?

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

The Burning Stickman

And here I thought the Ruins of Atlantis might have something to do with it.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Killswitch wrote:

So, beat Akash in the Time Cataclysm with the prime wardens, with AA in the first slot?

I tried that with Redeemer fanatic. The environment killed her. No incaps. Forgot what i had out, but it was a lot. They play fast, have lots of ongoings and decent amount of equipment. 

No Unlock 

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Maybe Fanatic needs to be restored by the Aegis at least once that game. I can't actually test it at the moment since I'm not home, but just throwing ideas out there.

Also of note, according to that screenshot there are no cards left in the environment deck.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

WarrenAC

It looks like Akash died (-6 HP) at the start of the environment turn and then the unlock triggered,  but there doesn't seem to be any environment cards in play so maybe something that triggers at the start of the environment turn?  A big one would be End of Days,  which destroys tons of stuff which could trigger the damage.  Actually, I guess End of Days destroys limbs (?) so maybe that's where the damage that killed Akash'Bhuta came from, and maybe why the environment is clean?

--Warren

The Burning Stickman

Probably Fixed Point was in play, then got destroyed.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

There may or may not be a requirement to lose to A'B first, but I think defeating her during the environment turn may be the key. Whether it has to happen during a specific phase, or while she is on a specific side, or on a specific environment, I don't know. More research necessary.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Can someone try damaging her past 0 HP while fixed point is in play, and wait until it destroys itself?

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Well, losing to her with AA and then winning against her in the Time Cataclysm with that exact team, in order, doesn't do it. I think either beating her on the environment turn or winning with the environment deck empty is the key. Hopefully not the latter, since that would be hard to time.

Submit your games here!

Reverend Pete

It looks like Tempest was incapped at the end of the game in that screenshot.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Defeated her with the Prime Wardens (all vanilla, so not Redeemer Fanatic) in Zhu Long's Temple, during the environment turn. Fiery hair side, environment got the final blow. No unlock.

I think self-damage may be the key.

-- Trajector

The Burning Stickman

McBehrer wrote:

Defeated her with the Prime Wardens (all vanilla, so not Redeemer Fanatic) in Zhu Long's Temple, during the environment turn. Fiery hair side, environment got the final blow. No unlock.

I think self-damage may be the key.

Not sure -- beat her in Time Cataclysm with the vanilla Prime Wardens, with AA destroying two of her limbs with a double shot of Cedistic Dissonant and that didn't do it. (It was right after three Primeval Eruptions in a row played just after her deck reshuffled, so damn near all of her limbs came out -- bad round for Captain Cosmic, but she was down to 14 HP already so it was doable)
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

DURING the environment turn, also being an important part

-- Trajector

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I just tried (after losing to her with AA):

Beat her on the environment turn with End of Days, via self-damage from destroyed limbs.  No environment cards in play.  Environment deck empty.  There were still some limbs out.  Ahash'bhuta's final HP: -1.  Time Cataclysm, exact same party and order as in the screenshot on Steam.  No heroes below 10 HP.

No unlock.

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Another unlock and this time reported to Handelabra

https://twitter.com/bolnerap/status/796810578379624452

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

So, exact same team order: Adept, Cosmic, Redeemer Fanatic, Haka, Tempest, and again finished at the start of the environment turn, from self-damage caused by End of Days, no environment cards in play, with Akash'bhuta on her reverse side.  However, only one environment card was in the trash, all heroes were at max HP (!!!), and the environment was Pike Industrial complex.

He did mention that he played all the instruments, and destroyed them all with Cedistic Dissonant, so that's probably what I missed.  I'm guessing you just have to play them all, not destroy them all, as that might be a little too tricky.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I beat her on her flip side with Wrathful Retribution, no incaps, 0 cards in environment deck. No isntruments played (unlucky draw). In insula primalis.

No unlock.

Same order and hero variant

I believe the requirement could be

"Play as the Prime Wardens. Play all the instruments. Have her incap on the environemnt turn." 

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Also, is it possible a Moderator can split this thread? It's starting to be less about the prime warden release, and more about the AA unlock. 

UXM266
UXM266's picture

EDIT: Fixing details, and formatting/

Unlocked!

Team: Argent Adept, Captain Cosmic, Redeemer Fanatic, Haka, and Tempest in the Temple of Zhu long.

Played all the instruments in his deck, not all were in play at the same time, all were destroyed at least once. 

Akash'bhuta was destroyed when her limb dmage brought her to zero when end of days took it out.

so

Use the prime wardens in any environment. Have all the instruments played at least once, and she is brought to zero on the environment turn.

Attachment(s): 

jorgenp

Has anyone unlocked any of the other 4 yet?  They seem to be possible in Steam already.

Edit: Also, when you say you played them all, did you use them all or just put them into play?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

jorgenp wrote:

Has anyone unlocked any of the other 4 yet?  They seem to be possible in Steam already.

There was an announcemnt in the kikcstarter that explains when they will be unlockable.

They did not mention it in the page http://sentinelsdigital.com/primewardens

EDIT: They are all unlockable! 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

It says right on that page they are now unlockable..

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

EDIT: Fixing details, and formatting/ Unlocked!Team: Argent Adept, Captain Cosmic, Redeemer Fanatic, Haka, and Tempest in the Temple of Zhu long.Played all the instruments in his deck, not all were in play at the same time, all were destroyed at least once. Akash'bhuta was destroyed when her limb dmage brought her to zero when end of days took it out.soUse the prime wardens in any environment. Have all the instruments played at least once, and she is brought to zero on the environment turn. 

There must be more to it than this, because these conditions alone did not give me the unlock.

Edit: I also didn't use Redeemer Fanatic. Trying again.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

jorgenp wrote:
Edit: Also, when you say you played them all, did you use them all or just put them into play?
Just put them into play.  I just got the unlock and I'm pretty sure I never used the power on Telamon's Lyra (though I did use the others).  Unfortunately, I'm on mobile, so I have no logs to check.

Submit your games here!

neoadvent89
neoadvent89's picture

Unlocked too. I let Akash defeat me once with AA in the lead spot and no other PW Heroes. I also let defeated her with AA uncapped and other non PW Heroes. Not sure if either of these had were needed Faced her again. Played all instruments and had all instruments destroyed. Some by cedistic dissonance and some by Akash herself. I let her flip and defeated her on the environment turn using end of days to destroy her limbs. If someone can tell me how to pull the logs from the mobile version I'll upload mine.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

It's not necessary to have all instruments destroyed; I still had the horn and the lyre out at the end.  All the ones that were destroyed were destroyed by Akash'bhuta.  I've never beaten her with any heroes incapped, so that's not part of it either.  She was on her reverse side, having flipped three times because I was stalling so long--it took me about 5 rounds to get my first Instrumental Conjuration, and I had to stall for several rounds to recycle it enough times to get all the instruments out, and pulling End of Days took even longer, even with AA helping Fanatic to draw 4-5 cards a round.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I tried my system again on PC and no unlock. 

I think I need to lose to Akash with AA first. 

Thats whats eats written in his profile

also, His variant is awesome 

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Got the unlock. Here's what I think needs to be done. 

1. Lose to Akash'bhuta with the AA in 1st position. 

2. Win against Akash'bhuta with the AA in 1st position and Chrono-Ranger on the team. 

3. Win against Akash'bhuta with the Prime Wardens. AA must be in first position.  You must use the Redeemer Fanatic variant. Cedistic Dissonant must be used to destroy Xu's Bell. Drake's pipes must be played. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I didn't do your step 2 and I never used Cedistic Dissonant.

In other news, now that PW AA has been unlocked, the remaining heroes are on the page.  I think there are some hints there, and there's actually more in the wiki, put there by Sonvar, who is a Handelabra playtester.

AA seems to have his hints as, "Without allies, it is likely that Akash'Bhuta will end the line of the Virtuosos once and for all. Help Anthony realize this truth, heed his calling, and set out to build a new team!"  That's in line with what's in the other thread: realize he can't win without the team (lose to Akash'bhuta), be maximum Argent Adept (play all the instruments), and win with his new team.  That might be all there is to it.

Captain Comic's seems to be a two-parter as well.  He "helped the Argent Adept to safety after his defeat" to Akash'bhuta in a battle "near [CC's] hometown."  That's Huntingdon, England, which no environment matches.  But you might have to win against Akash'bhuta with CC in the team and AA incapacitated.  Next he calls the Prime Wardens on a quest to confront Infinitor, "even on the very foreign soil of far-fling worlds."  So you might need to fight Infinitor in an environment that's not on Earth.

Haka... honestly, I don't see much to work with.  You might have to deal a massive blow to Akash'bhuta.  I don't have any other ideas.

Tempest has a new weird thing about finding a sword in Atlantis.  So maybe play in Atlantis and give Tempest a Cosmic Weapon or an Autonomous Blade?  But before that, there's a thing about Tempest losing to Voss, something about a "loss of self-control," so maybe he has to lose by incapacitating himself?\

Fanatic's PW bio mentions her fighting Apostate.  It doesn't say exactly how that battle went, but her mask and sword are broken, so probably not well.  The second part explicitly mentions the Court of Blood, but that's not released yet, so I'm not sure what to make about that.  It does mention "demons and deceivers," so possibly Gloomweaver as well as Apostate?

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Braithwhite wrote:

Got the unlock. Here's what I think needs to be done. 1. Lose to Akash'bhuta with the AA in 1st position. 2. Win against Akash'bhuta with the AA in 1st position and Chrono-Ranger on the team. 3. Win against Akash'bhuta with the Prime Wardens. AA must be in first position.  You must use the Redeemer Fanatic variant. Cedistic Dissonant must be used to destroy Xu's Bell. Drake's pipes must be played. 

Just unlocked on steam

Only difference since last time is that I lost with AA and no prime wardens. I then won with the PW with AA in the lead. The second condition is not necessary. As well my bell died when alash blew it up.

1) Lose to Akash'bhuta with AA and no other prime wardens with AA in the lead

2) Win against Akash with the PW, with AA in the lead. 

Can someone confirm if "Have all the instruments in play at one point."  Is necessary? I had them all in play area at least once each throughout the game, but I never used them all. Never had the opportunity to sue harmonies. 

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

I unlocked it by losing to Akash with AA front and other non-prime warden heroes (can't renember who though), then I won against Akash with AA in the front and the other prime wardens (Redeemer fanatic). The final blow was from a limb on hakas turn but I don't think that the final damage source matters as others have done it without the final blow being a limb. I made sure to play each of the instuments once some point in the game but never had all 6 out at once. Some of the instuments may need to be destroyed but it doesnt matter what destroys them because mine were destroyed by red dust. Not all of the instuments were destroyed though. As another note silver shadow was played on the round that I won.

Edit: In the multiverse bio it says "though even they would have been lost if not for the momentary appearance of an unknown figure with a broad-brimmed hat and a six-shooter." which could indicate that Chrono-ranger might have had something to do with the unlocks.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

UXM266
UXM266's picture

pricyprovinces wrote:

I unlocked it by losing to Akash with AA front and other non-prime warden heroes (can't renember who though), then I won against Akash with AA in the front and the other prime wardens (Redeemer fanatic). The final blow was from a limb on hakas turn but I don't think that the final damage source matters as others have done it without the final blow being a limb. I made sure to play each of the instuments once some point in the game but never had all 6 out at once. Some of the instuments may need to be destroyed but it doesnt matter what destroys them because mine were destroyed by red dust. Not all of the instuments were destroyed though. As another note silver shadow was played on the round that I won.

So we can confirm the following it seems

1) lose to akash with AA and no other PW members

2) Win against Akash with PW tean, AA in the lead.

3) Environment doesn't matter

4) Doesn't have to be on her flip side or on the environment's turn

5) All the Instruments need to be played

Can't confirm

*6) Do all the instruments NEED to be destroyed? I can't remember if my Steam unlock was this. 

Kratos13

Kratos13 wrote:

No unlock:Argent Adept, Greatest Legacy, Mr. Fixer, Team Leader Tachyon in Final Wasteland.Loss, Argent Adept last to fall.  All limbs in play, Allies of the Earth and one Entomb (multiple Entombs were never in play), Akash at full health.(was using Grease Gun and Hypersonic Assault to stay alive until all limbs were in play).  Akash flipped twice.

Now I unlocked.

Argent Adept in the lead.  All other Prime Wardens (with Redeemer Fanatic). Wagner Mars Base.

All instruments were in play at some point but never all of them at once. Three were destroyed by Red Dust and Akash.  Not all instrument powers were ever used.

Akash was not on her flip side (flipped twice).  Deathblow from her own limb.

Edit: These were the only two games of Sentinels I've played since the patch, so Chrono-Ranger is not related.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I can confirm that all instruments do need to enter play. I had two nearly-identical games in which that was the main difference, and only the second earned the unlock. They were not all destroyed.

Submit your games here!

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Unlocked.

I did have AA lose to Akash in a previous game without other prime wardens, but then I did the Prime Wardens lineup and beat Akash.

I did play each instrument once, had AA in the first slot, and used End of Days to force the limbs to destroy her. I don't believe every instrument was destroyed.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

carnilius
Playtester

Unlocked.  Defeated by AB in Time Cataclysm with AA, Scholar, and Guise.  Defeated AB in AB with the team mentioned here, with all instruments out.  Nothing special about the timing of when to kill her other than having all instruments out.

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Unlocked

Lost to AK with AA in the lead,

Then beat her with the prime wardens played all the instruments she destroyed 2

Attachment(s): 

Sapienta potentia est

Nepycros

AK destroyed ALL of my Instruments MULTIPLE times (which is insane considering I was playing, on average, 3 equipment per round with my team's set-up).

I didn't have Redeemer Fanatic, but I did play with all PW after losing to AK with AA in the lead. Then AA was in the lead, with all PW. All instruments were played.

Pyrosorc

Unlocked.

I currently believe it is the following: Lose a game vs Akash with Argent Adept but no other Prime Wardens on the team.  Then win again vs Akash with the full Prime Warden team lead by AA.  All instruments must have been played at some during this game.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Unlocked. First game was a loss with AA first and no Prime Wardens. Second was a win with the Prime Wardens all instruments were in play none were destroyed. Also I only used the power on the Harp.

Pages