The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Argent Adept Prime Warden Unlock

87 posts / 0 new
Last post
Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Did any of you have any incaps? I didn't, just in case that's one of the caveats in this unlock.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

No incaps for me either.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Well done everyone! The conditions for Prime Wardens Argent Adept have been discovered by the community.

Lose a game to Akash’bhuta with the regular Argent Adept on the team. Then, defeat Akash’bhuta with the regular Argent Adept as the first hero; the rest of the team must be regular Haka, regular Captain Cosmic, regular Tempest, and Redeemer Fanatic (in any order). Each of the Argent Adept’s instruments must enter play during the game.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Woohoo! 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Awesome!

Now, if only we could figure out Santa Guise...

Powerhound_2000

You're so close.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

You're so close.  

HAHAHA! Just like Freedom Six Bunker?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Ok, so the method of victory doesn't matter? Just putting all the instruments in play? That makes that easier, then.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

End of Days makes it so much more fun, though.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

McBehrer wrote:

Ok, so the method of victory doesn't matter? Just putting all the instruments in play? That makes that easier, then.

Yeah, and luckily Akash'Bhuta's someone you can kind of take your time with -- I ended up with a rough opening draw and had to do a lot of digging to get the instruments or the search card. Arcane Cadence never showed up, either -- so toward the end, I had to use Chastise on two limbs just to make sure the environment didn't kill Akash before I had a chance to dig out the darn horn.

But then I unlocked ... a blank card telling me to redownload the expansion.

carnilius
Playtester

My kill method was fun, too, and it wasn't End Of Days.  Tempest used the second shot from Chain Lightning to ping Dynamic Syphon on Argent Adept who used the Lyra to play Inspiring Supertonic to let Fanatic uses Absolution to do the final three damage directly to Akashbhuta.  Four heroes worked together to deal the killing blow!  Haka just stood there and watched, probably tired out from a big Haka of Battle just before.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Geeze.  All three of Captain Cosmic's Dynamic Syphons were in the last 5 cards of his deck.  Talk about a ridiculously long game.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Weird. I did these exact conditions and I didn't get the unlock on Steam. Well, back to the grind.

Strange.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Did you use Redeemer Fanatic?  And regular Tempest and Haka?

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I don't think the order matters, but you need to have Argent first, and you have to have normal Argent, Haka, Tempest, and Captain Cosmic, and Redeemer Fanatic.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Oh, man. I've tried it five times now (including trying the initial mechanism over again) - REDEEMER Fanatic. Doy. One more time!

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

fabikw

I fulfilled the requirements but didn't unlock. Two things happened any any of them may have borked the system into thinking I shouldn't unlock:

• While playing in my tablet, I locked it and when I unlocked it, the game decided I didn't have the expansions. I didn't have internet at the time to restore it, so it took me a while to get a connection, but as soon as I clicked on Restore Purchases, everything went back to normal. For some reason, my game log stops here, but before it all the instruments had been.
  • AA died and was resurrected (Temple of Zhu Long)

Does anybody know which of these could have caused the unlock to fail?

Powerhound_2000

I'd say the first one you listed is the more likely reason.  

fabikw

Do you know why would it forget that I had downloaded the stuff? I didn't even need to redownload, just tell it the app I had them using restore purchases.

Powerhound_2000

Nope.   That would be something to send to Handelabra.  

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Now that he's unlocked, I'll say I enjoy using PW Argent just as much as I thought I would. The only real downsides are not being able to play a quickie Sarabande and Alacritous Subdominant being much less useful to play at all (since I often find that if I have one of the H-melody instruments I'm more likely to be using it on Inspiring Supertonic), but I think that's made up for by getting a free Silver Shadow and being able to stack plays even more nicely with Cadence. I also find myself being willing to use the second power of Cedistic Dissonant more often for card churn.

And the SFX is so gosh darn pretty-sounding, and Guise's imitation is downright hilarious.

Now I'm looking forward to when we get XTreme Argent and the poor Vocalize VA has to pull out a punk rocker scream.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Jeysie wrote:

Now that he's unlocked, I'll say I enjoy using PW Argent just as much as I thought I would. The only real downsides are not being able to play a quickie Sarabande and Alacritous Subdominant being much less useful to play at all (since I often find that if I have one of the H-melody instruments I'm more likely to be using it on Inspiring Supertonic), but I think that's made up for by getting a free Silver Shadow and being able to stack plays even more nicely with Cadence. I also find myself being willing to use the second power of Cedistic Dissonant more often for card churn.

I can agree. His power makes you consider other options that you normally have to be a bit setup for, and it brings a whole new use to Arcane Cadence. It does make you more reliant on certain instruments, but that's normal for AA.

Jeysie wrote:

Now I'm looking forward to when we get XTreme Argent and the poor Vocalize VA has to pull out a punk rocker scream.

I personally want to have that scream from the begining of Deep Purple's 'Highway Star'.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I can't wait to hear what EXTREME Argent Adept's power will sound like. 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

The Xtreme PWs are gonna be so fun to play in general. Can't wait!

...Though, I guess we should figure out how to unlock all the normal Prime Wardens first, huh? ;P

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

The thing I like most about PW AA's power is how much faster he seems to set up -- by the end of turn one, chances are I've either got two songs or a song and an instrument in play and I was able to get something else done (either healed, helped someone else play a card, draw a bunch, or damage). Vanilla AA had a much slower build.

While I do miss being able to use the melodies right off the bat, I don't know that I'll ever play vanilla AA again.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I love originall AA too much to ever really abandon him, but I will play PW AA more now that I have him.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:
I personally want to have that scream from the begining of Deep Purple's 'Highway Star'.

Now that I look that up (I must admit that hard rock is not a genre I normally listen to, though I make an exception for Celtic Punk sometimes...), I do like the way you think.

mwc146 wrote:
The thing I like most about PW AA's power is how much faster he seems to set up -- by the end of turn one, chances are I've either got two songs or a song and an instrument in play and I was able to get something else done (either healed, helped someone else play a card, draw a bunch, or damage). Vanilla AA had a much slower build.

Ya, that's what I like as well, that Argent is busy belting out tunes a lot more quickly here. Nice for faster villains or villains that wipe stuff out frequently.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

So, is Conduct supposed to make a noise? Because it doesn't, for me. I'm playing on Android, and I have the foil cards.

-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000

Yes it is and Guise also mimics the sound using I Can Do That Too!    If you aren't hearing anything send feedback to Handelabra. 

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I don't know how to do that.

For the record, all his other powers make noise. Just not that one.

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

And I can confirm that Guise does not make a Conduct sound either.

-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000

Click credits and then click Send Feedback. 

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

It won't let me. The button doesn't do anything.

Also, I'm not in the Season 2 Backers credits, when I definitely was a backer.

-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000

Then through here at worst http://handelabra.com/contact/    Might ask about the backer piece.  

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@McBehrer FWIW, it's supposed to sound like this: https://www.twitch.tv/handelabragames/v/99912335?t=51m55s

Now I wonder if we'll eventually get an updated Ringtone Pack.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

@McBehrer - You most likely need to re-download your expansion packs. Your name is not in the credits because you did not answer your survey before the deadline.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Pages