The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Who is everyone's favorite character(s)?

77 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Who is everyone's favorite character(s)?

I've realized as of late that while I know Powerhound likes Guise, AnotherLetDown IIRC likes Setback, and Nepycros is a fellow Argent Adept fan (though I'm guessing probably not for all the same reasons), I'm not that sure who everyone else's signature fave character(s) is/are.

So, which heroes and villains do you like best in SotM, and why?

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

My favorite hero as you noted is Guise.  I've never been much of Deadpool or fourth wall breaking fan but I do like some humor in my characters at times like Spider-Man and Guise hits a lot of those notes.   His deck is also full of shenanigans that you can accomplish and I often find there are still things I can pull off which hadn't occurred to me before.   Even recently I found I could combo Gimmicky Character and I Can Do That Too! on Fugue State Parse to get full affect of her power easily and if I'm playing normal Guise I still have another card play available.

As for villains Deadline has been my favorite story wise.  Often the villains feel they are the good guy but in his case he is well aware of what evil he is doing to accomplish his goal.  He does not because he hates people but to spare folks of the same fate his people did.   Story and play wise I'm a fan of Plague Rat.   He is essentially a cornered Rat and his fight feels like that.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

My favorite character is Setback.  He has a positive personality, takes hits for the team, and he has a lot of great comboing with other characters or in his own deck.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Blackfang108
Playtester

I honestly don't know.

I tend to play Setback, Absolute Zero or the Scholar as much as possible, but I enjoy playing pretty much everyone.

I'm looking forward to trying all of the new heroes, and expect to enjoy them a bunch as well.

There's really no hero I dislike, either.  Variants, sure (All non Expat Dark Watch Variants, Golem Unity to name a few), but no entire characters.  Throw me a random deck and let me choose my face card, and I'm happy.

I think Setback currently wins by a hair, and that's just because I've been able to do some insane things as him.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Depends on context.  I tend to default to Scholar, because the rest of my friends usually focus on deck control, card advantage, and damage, leaving me to tank.  But I love the archetype of the wise old man who everyone underestimates.  I like the Argent Adept and his variants a lot, too, but my friends usually don't appreciate how long my turns take when I play him.  When I need to deal damage, Chrono-Ranger is my go-to.  I enjoy Termi-Nation Unity a lot, but I only play her when I'm not anticipating a really hard battle.

I always hope someone plays Team Leader Tachyon and one of the Legacies, but I'm not fond of playing them myself.  My wife almost always plays Parse (we don't have Fugue State yet), and I'm rarely unhappy about that, she's a great asset.

As for villains, I think my favorite is La Capitan.  She's an exciting but not horrendously hard villain to go up against, with a lot of variety in her deck (although Advanced Team La Capitan is no fun at all), and I love her theme and her story arc (what little we know about it), and the whimsy in her cards.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Yeah, I have too many favorites to really narrow it down to a reasonable list. I'm honestly not sure if there is a character I dislike, despite there being a few mechanical decks that I despise.

Just off the top of my head, some of my favorites are AZ, Nightmist, Idealist, Expatriette, AA, Haka, Unity, Sky-scraper, Dreamer, Iron Legacy, Akash'Bhuta/Thriya/Darsha/Flora,  Wraith, Fanatic, Kismet, Matriarch/Harpy, Chairman, Wager Master, ect

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I'm a big fan of Absolute Zero, because I've got an affinity for cold stuff, and I love being able to turn damage into healing. I also really enjoy playing Chrono-Ranger (because I am something of a cheese-monkey). My favorite variants are Xtreme Captain Cosmic and Visionary Unleashed (because I am something of a cheese-monkey :V), who just so happen to be two of my least favorite heroes (to play, anyway) in their base forms.

Favorite villain story-wise is definitely Infinitor. Sentinels is filled to the brim with tragic figures, and he's definitely my favorite. Favorite villain to fight is Akash'Bhuta and the Ennead, though. Those battles always have something different going on!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Of the currently released heroes, my favorite to play is Skyscraper narrowly edging out Parse. On the Villain side, I'd say Citizen Dawn.

In terms of favorite character-wise La Capitan/ Comodora is my favorite hero and favorite villain.

uu
uu's picture

My favorite hero is chrono ranger. And my favorite villain is akash'bhuta.

Chrono is just really cool to me story wise and my favorite game mechanics having constant damage and nice modifications due to the bounties. And akash because again story and also the limbs are really cool and a awesome character to test new combos on

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

My favorite character depends greatly on my mood - but I frequently enjoy playing Parse, Legacy (Paul VIII), The Argent Adept, and Absolute Zero. It might be reflected by the fact that Parse, AA, and AZ are three heroes off a very short list that I instinctively think of as their "civilian" names.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

My favourite hero to play is the Argent Adept, who's kind of like a Fantasy-style Bard. I also like the Naturalist, who's kind of like a Fantasy-style Druid. And I also like Jim, because he's fun and can get some fairly ridiculous damage output without a great deal of effort.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

My favorite currently released heroes are the Sentinels, although Omnitron-x and Captain Cosmic are close behind. As far as villains my favorites are Proletariat and Progeny.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

cnranger

Favorite is Chrono Ranger. Fanatic is also my favorite, but not as much favorite. They are both good. Both good.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

My favorite hero is definitely Tachyon. Something resonated with me when I played her deck the first time; maybe it's just the shenanigans of multiple card plays and building up to some quick plays. Super Scientific Tachyon was the first variant I got (and it quickly went downhill from there)

My other favorites tend to be the Complexity-3 heroes (Absolute Zero, Argent Adept, Setback, etc), mostly because I love the buildup to complex setups. 

And sorry to be the playtester that says something with exclusive knowledge, but...Stuntman. Oh my god, I love Stuntman.

Blackfang108
Playtester

From the little bit that's been released on Stuntman, so will I, but I'm also jonesing for Luminary.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

bobbertoriley wrote:

And sorry to be the playtester that says something with exclusive knowledge, but...Stuntman. Oh my god, I love Stuntman.

I'm not sure I can quite pick a favorite out of the new decks yet.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Bunker was the first hero I played, and so I will always have a soft spot for him. I love all his variants. Engine of War I don't completely love, but it can come in handy. The other variants are all pretty awesome.

I love the Sentinels. They're a lot of fun to play, and they really do feel like a well oiled team coming together. I love the flavor text for the Idealist and look forward to being able to play her solo.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I'm kind of like Chaosmancer in that I love basically everybody, but to touch on some of my own favorites:

So like I said I like Argent Adept because I'm a big fan of both playing and listening to music and thus of playing D&D bards, so a bard superhero is like basically the best thing ever. His deck is also an incredibly versatile and strategic support deck, which plays into my typical gaming style quite well. Also the fact that he's cute and I have a fondness for redheaded fellas doesn't hurt any either.

I also have a soft spot for kid superheroes who are enthusiastic about superheroing and think it's fun and exciting, and Unity, Idealist, and Thiago!Ra all fall adorably into that archetype. Also Unity and Idealist get to make robots with their minds (albeit in different ways) and Unity's deck involves fighting with a robot army, which is the best thing ever. Especially since "robot minion army" is often a villainous trait so it's nice to see a heroic take on it.

While I already liked playing Absolute Zero's deck for its complex & offbeat approaches to combat, I like AZ himself even better after his podcast. I like that he focuses on how music affects culture (though I'm more into folk music on that angle than R&B), and spends time thinking about ethics and humanity in general. Also I can relate in that he's sort of worked through his depression to end up on a sort of anti-nihilistic attitude I tend to share myself (life sucks, people suck, everything sucks, but that just means you should try to do what you can on a personal level to make it suck less).

With Setback I can relate to his bad luck and having everything go wrong all the time (though I admit I am much much much less positive about it), and I mean he's pretty much like a human puppy dog, you can't not like him. Legacy might seem to serve as the SotM world moral center, but I think Setback is probably the one who qualifies as nicest guy on a personal level.

Finally, I can relate to Parse's data analysis skills and social awkwardness, and her deck is pretty much the SotM equivalent to a Blue/White Control Deck in Magic which is my fave style in that game. Also I wish I had Parse's hair.

In pure playstyle I find myself leaning to play the Prime Wardens a lot because they're basically Shenanigans: The Team.

On the villain side, Baron Blade is one of my favorites. I love mad scientists, and he's pretty much the platonic ideal of the aristocratic mad scientist. I so can't wait to see the Luminary deck.

I guess technically Citizen Spring is a villain? But I love her, she's so sweet and adorable and has the world's most tragic backstory. Poor Citizen Spring. :(

I love how creepy and freaky Spite and Biomancer are (also Biomancer is another mad sciency type), which makes me kind of sad that Spite's deck is so not-fun to actually play.

Greazer is downright hilarious. "Rockabilly themed alien bounty hunter" falls under that category of things I never knew I needed until it was presented to me. Also I mean, he's kinda polite for a villain in a way; he pretty much just takes his bounty and leaves, nothing personal to the rest of you.

In terms of playstyle, I like both Akash of the Many Names and La Capitan, since they tend to be fun damage fests but still with lots of strategy involved.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

DMAN222

I'd have to say my favorite hero is Argent Adept. 1. He can do basically everything allowed in the game. 2. He is the best support character (arguably Legacy is at least tied for best, but I prefer Adept). 3. The way his deck works is complex which is something I enjoy a lot. I'm not huge into story stuff, but I did listen to his Letters Page and loved it.

Second is AZ, also a complex hero that can get absolutely (no pun intended) ridiculous. His Termi-Nation variant is great, and if he can get any amount of support he is that much better. He really makes me wish there more elemental villains. The Ennead (and Citizen Hammer for Vengeance) are the only true fire villains (don't quote me on that).

Looking ahead I see myself playing Benchmark quite a bit!

It was fun to read through everybody's thoughts.

I'm nerdy in the extreme/ Whiter than sour cream/ I was in AV club and Glee club/ and even the Chess team - Weird Al, White 'n Nerdy

corran109
corran109's picture

My favorite is Tachyon, mainly because she was my first and she resonates with the style of MtG I prefer. Beyond her I enjoy almost all heroes, but usually leaning towards the more complex ones.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

bobbertoriley wrote:

You know, it is amusing to me that I can't decide on which new hero deck I'm most looking forward to?

The best I can do is say I'm least excited for Lifeline, and that's mostly because everyone else is ranking in at 11's and 12's for "How excited am I" and he's only getting like an 8 on the list.

Now that we know the full story on Matriarch, it's kind of hard not to love the reformed Lillian. She was a teen with a bad attitude given immense power. She did horrible things. Then she served her time, and tried turning her life around. No one fully trusts her because she did such horrible things, but she doesn't want to be that person anymore, she wants to be better, and she's willing to go the distance to make it happen. How can I not love that?

Seeing Blade turn his mad science towards the other side. I can't wait! No other scientist in our roster is willing to build such potentially dangerous stuff, and we're fighting Aeon Men, so he can cut loose and it's going to be wonderful.

Akash'Thriya? Amazing story of the evolution of the spirit of the earth, combined with really interesting mechanics involving the environment deck and working slowly towards growing into a victory. That has got to be fun, plus I want to see what she's capable of.

Stuntman, just from the two cards we saw looks like he will constantly be interrupting other heroes to be doing things that lead to him being in the spotlight. That's going to be hilarious and awesome and I really hope he has at least one card for kill-stealing from another hero, just because that is going to make me bust up.

And down the list we go again.

Jeysie wrote:

I guess technically Citizen Spring is a villain? But I love her, she's so sweet and adorable and has the world's most tragic backstory. Poor Citizen Spring. :(

I still hope that she gets redeemed in the RPG and becomes a hero. She deserves so much better than to be mocked and tormented by her compatriots.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Chaosmancer wrote:

That's going to be hilarious and awesome and I really hope he has at least one card for kill-stealing from another hero, just because that is going to make me bust up. And down the list we go again.

You should check out this update, I think: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-oblivaeon/posts/1862354

Chaosmancer wrote:
Jeysie wrote:

I still hope that she gets redeemed in the RPG and becomes a hero. She deserves so much better than to be mocked and tormented by her compatriots.

Yes! I like this idea! Maybe as part of Daybreak? She seems like one of the younger Citizens to me, and a bunch of brash young heroes would probably need a lot of healing... :P

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Jeysie wrote:

Chaosmancer wrote:
That's going to be hilarious and awesome and I really hope he has at least one card for kill-stealing from another hero, just because that is going to make me bust up. And down the list we go again.

You should check out this update, I think: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse...

Yeah, I knew about that one. I guess it is probably as close as it would get to what I was thinking of which was much more "when a hero other than you would deal damage do XYZ" but that's probably a little too much for a co-op game.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I have to list two for each.

Heoroes:

Expatriette.  My first hero was Adept, but I fell in love wben I first played Expat.  From her "I don't need powers to beat you" attitude to the craziness of Flak Jacket and Unload, and the challenge of playing her when you don't get what you want.  She has remained my favorite hero to play.  Also she is really fun to make variants for, since you can really change her style when you do.

Fanatic.  Love a character that selflessly charges into combat, determined to win or die trying.  Love the economics of Sacrosanct Martyr and of course, the brokenness of ZEALOUS OFFENSE.  Final Dive is my favorite card in the game.  I don't play her as much because games tend to lack challenge when she is around, but I love every second when I do break her out.

For villains:

Akash.  Love the idea of this big chaotic spirit of creation that decides to redecorate, only to find these tiny pests attempting to stop her.  I think about her everytime I work in the garden and anger the ants that insist on living there.

Kaargra Warfang.  Love a game where anything not broken is too weak, and she delivers.  I like the theme of the fight, and really enjoy how incredible any proper variant of Fanatic is in the colosseum.

cmschex
Playtester

My favorite character lorewise is Fixer.  I find him awesome and his style names are hilarious.  

To play, I love Nightmist and Fanatic equally (all Fanatic variants, even Redeemer).  I love the self sacrifice and unprediactability for extremely powerful effects.  Though I have to say, I think Writhe is going to rival those two for my favorite once offically released.

My favorite villain fight is La Capitan.  Always chaotic, usually a bunch of minions, and even when you win it often feels close and dramatic.  

Trajector
Trajector's picture

My favorite character is Tachyon. She was the first hero I played - I love her card play mechanics and her ability to do lots of things to help the situation. Lorewise, I like her background as a scientist.

Other top heroes of note for me: Mister Fixer, Chrono-Ranger, and Skyscraper. I think Haka must be a super fun guy to hang out with, too.

My favorite villain is, hands-down, Citizen Dawn. Somehow, her deck almost always feels like there's a human player behind it.

Ehkrickor
Ehkrickor's picture

My favorites to play are Fanatic, Haka, And Argent Adept.

Haka is great throwing is weight( & Half his deck) around with his Haka's is always fun and the with Prime Wardens Haka suddenly He's a fantastic supporter. Argent Adept is already a fantastic support character that can really alter the flow of the battle to suit his allies, and playing Fanatic is always soo much fun. Helena is probably my favorite character to play as out of the three, though my usual group is probably tired of the incessent Dio puns.

My favorite Villains are La Capitan & Kaargra Warfang I always enjoy fighting those two however it comes out in the wash.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

My favorite hero is NightMist because she's a bad*ss, sexy sorcerous. We'll see if Harpy dethrones her.

I find Legacy comforting to play, as I've played him more than all the other heroes combined, probably, due to all the demos I've run.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

arenson9 wrote:

My favorite hero is NightMist because she's a bad*ss, sexy sorcerous. We'll see if Harpy dethrones her.I find Legacy comforting to play, as I've played him more than all the other heroes combined, probably, due to all the demos I've run.

I love Nightmist, but I sometimes get aggravated with the random nature of her magic due to the mystic numbers. Seeing how Harpy has those tokens that you'll always be able to see, I wonder if she'll paradoxically feel a little bit more in control, because you always know what is coming when you play the cards.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

NightMist by far. Love the 1920 Noir look, and the fact that she is a decective. The self damage is not a problem, years of playing magic has tought me that your HP is just a resource. I also have a soft spot for magic user. So that is why she is Bae. I thought Happy will replace her but not happing.

My second is La Comodora is my She look bad ass on Vengance La Capitan art. Acutaly Every art she has I think it is great, espaclly her battle outfit. Even though I hate time travel paradoxes (looking at you Doctor) I love them. I also Hand a load of questions for C&A, I hope OblivAeon Comes out before her epdisode So i can ask so many other questions.

Lore Wise I like vengance La Capitan, it seems like she is just pulling pranks and doing what ever she want. She has the most interesting card effect and art, (alt version of NightMist) and she makes the programers at Handalabra go crazy.

Good old BB is my second Favorite, can't go wrong with a Mad Scientist.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Absolute Zero, Parse and Chrono-Ranger are my three favourites

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I realized today that I forgot to express my love for Sky-Scraper. Playing her is always fun, and after seeing her dialogue in the digital game, she is just precious and I love her. :D

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Setback and Devra are my favorite characters as people, but the Argent Adept is my fav to play, unless I want damage, then, BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

Fanatic was my first character, soft spot for her as well

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Roger the Alien

Heroes: I like most heroes and do not have a favourite hero

Villain: Apostate

seesome
seesome's picture

I'm a fan of Legacy and enjoy playing all versions of the character. The deck suits my playing style and I love the history of the lineage. 

Time for some scientific action!
https://twitter.com/SeeSome

riff.freelance
riff.freelance's picture

I've always loved AZ, he can be so much fun... especially with a little support.

I've really grown to love Legacy, Tachyon (especially that one god-mode variant), Parse, and Visionary for what they can bring to a party. AA is awesome at that too, but it's more simplicity that makes these 4 get a bit of extra shine when setting up the game for a new group.

Wraith and Tempest get a little side note too. They are very good "Swiss Army Heroes." I would be hard pressed to find a senerio that would be made worse by adding either of these heroes.

On villians: The Ennead and Warfang are my favorite villians to fight. Fun and dynamic without many of the soul crushing reset cards... Okay Ennead has a couple that shut down some fun. Related to that Voss is a great intro villian, very little set you back ability, and tanky enough to hang long enough to get a grip in the game.

I can't wait to see Harpy and Stuntman!!! They look great!

cnranger

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

Setback and Devra are my favorite characters as people, but the Argent Adept is my fav to play, unless I want damage, then, BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!Fanatic was my first character, soft spot for her as well

#BringDebiBack

Trajector
Trajector's picture

#BringBackDebbie

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

#Devrasbetter

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

cnranger wrote:

Lord Flash Fire wrote:
Setback and Devra are my favorite characters as people, but the Argent Adept is my fav to play, unless I want damage, then, BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!Fanatic was my first character, soft spot for her as well

#BringDebiBack

A) That's how you spell Debbie? Who knew?

Trajector wrote:

#BringBackDebbie

Hm. Important enough to ask Christopher about? I say aye.

And B)

Chaosmancer wrote:

#Devrasbetter

From what I know, Devra is SOO much better. As in, screw storyline, she's shipped with my fledgling Virtuoso character in the RPG. (Sorry Benchmark, she's too good for you (jkjkdon'tkillme))

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

saykhia
saykhia's picture

Nightmist is my overall favourite - great deck and character design.

On a lazy day my favourite to play is Tachyon.

Overall character aesthetics I like Freedom Five Wraith the most!

Prefers smooth peanut butter, but loves crunchy numbers.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

It is ok Lord of Flash Fires.
My RPG will have NightMist alive and running her detective agency because I love the 1920 noir setting. Not sure how I will tie it all together.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

speedyolrac wrote:
My RPG will have NightMist alive and running her detective agency because I love the 1920 noir setting. Not sure how I will tie it all together.
Or you could run the entire game in the past!  Joe Diamond was challenging the Great Old Ones in the '20's of the Multiverse, and there was a Legacy (either the original Legacy, Paul Parsons VI, or his son).  The more modern-style sci-fi elements wouldn't be appropriate for the timeline, but you could certainly introduce more pulp-style sci-fi.

Submit your games here!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'll join in! While all heroes are my favorite, i'll list a few a certainly get the most enjoyment in playing.

Mister Fixer

He's a hero that is highly adabtable. I certainly find him to be more resiliant than a lot of heroes, thanks to Pipe Wrench and Driving Mantis. Grease Gun allows a round of peace, even if it cost him a round of doing anything else. Jack Handle also deserves an honorable mention for his resiliance, as it makes him immune to self damaging effects. Dual Crowbars makes him insane when he has damage increases. He's also responsible for so many powerful combinations within the game. If had to pick a hero to face a random villain it'd be this guy.

Absolute Zero

One of my earliest favorites. Also a hero whose play style was heavily influenced by the community by repeated comments about how you need both modules in play. The only variant I feel a desire to play Null-point is Termi-Nation. Other than that, it mostly enters play when I don't have anything else to play or I use Modular Realignment after discarding one. I really like the style of burning the heck out of himself to deal roughly half the HP of the VIllain Character Card. He's lucky to even make it through the match still standing, double digits is even more of an oddity.

NightMist

I am also for loose with her HP, but I tend to like her up instead. She's also the one hero where I can say I like one variant of her over ther other. Dark Watch NightMist increased my enjoyment of her so much. I love being able to plan her next round and have very few disappointing surprises. 

The Argent Adept

Supporting everyone else with The Argent Adept is entertaining. What is even better is while I am helping everyone else I get myself in a position where I will steal the final hit to the villain. One of my fondest memories of playing him in the video game was against Progeny. We were in the last round clearly going to win and the Hero after me bragged that he'd be able to finish the match as The Argent cannot muster the 9 damage needed to win. Unfortunately for him, after my previous turn I was already planning how much damage I could get on my next turn, which was 2 points more than what I ended up needing. Afterwards I was told I was the best The Argent Adept player he had ever seen.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

speedyolrac wrote:

It is ok Lord of Flash Fires.

Depends on what aspects of 1920's Noir you want I suppose. If you want all of it... Time pocket from when Chrono-Ranger came back? He rewound a section of the city what if it created a bubble of time where the present and the 1920's are side by side and part of the heroes job is to prevent them from leaking together too much.

But even without that, I'm sure (with my limited knowledge of the genre) that many of the elements could be recreated in a city as old and as destroyed as Rook City ended up. Not much electricity, not many intact sewage pipes, the closer you bring it to Broken City the easier it is going to be to have a place that feels like Mob Chicago from Prohibition, which is always what I picture first when thinking of Noir.

As a tangent, I'm hoping to be able to finally stream games by the time I get my hands on the RPG, it is going to be a stretch but if I can get a better computer then it should be within reach.

TheSoundOfTrees

My favorites to play are Mr Fixer and Absolute Zero. As characters, I would read all stories involving The Scholar. Parse and Unity come second.

Special mention to the Sentinels, for both categories.

My favorite villain to play against would be Akash'bhuta. As characters, Citizen Dawn and Baron Blade would be my favorites, with La Capitan.

I can't wait for the RPG. Though I may use it in strange ways - I have many ideas for a campaign in the old west Silver Gulch style, or for stories in Atlantis when Ra and the Ennead where the gods of egypt... But I guess my players will want something less original. At first.

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Mind Wander, you are after my Heart. I am All in on Pulp Fiction (didn't know that is what it was called). Even though it was before my times, I loved reading dick tracy as a kid. Dark alley and mystery is my jam. Now to get a group to Enjoy that kind of story.

So how many Online SotM Rpg groups are being made?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Seems like quite a few, over Twitch, IRC, OpenRPG, Roll20, and others.  Unfortunately I seem to be the only one interested in play-by-post (I'm limited not just by geography but by time).

Submit your games here!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I would play by post as well.  Very hard to carve out dedicated time over here.

While the official setting is very restricted in time/reality shenanigans, the card game is chock full of them, and the ability to play around with reality and time is just too juicy to be left out for long.

The ability for me to create and play as some of my favorite custom heroes is also something I look forward to.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I admit I feel like play-by-post or forum RPing is better suited to long-form and freeform systems rather than dice-based/DM'd systems.

But maybe we should create a space people can coordinate creating online groups.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

There's a really good forum-based RPG site called RPOL (short for "Roleplay Online") which I use. It has a very simple layout and I've found it to be mostly very intuitive (with a decent "Help" section for any issues you may have, as well as plenty of public threads where questions can be asked). I've been using it for a few years now, having played in several games and am also running one that's been going a couple of years now (a continuation of a game I started via Skype text chat some years prior to that). Might be worth checking out if there are people wanting to play in that format, rather than trying to make a new forum from scratch or something :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Pages