The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Your Dream Team

104 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture
Your Dream Team

Hello Everyone!

I apologize if this was a previous post, I tried the search function and couldn't find anyting readily available that told me what I wanted to know. While this is my first post here on the forums, I've been adding quite a bit of our plays to the Sentinels Statistics sheet and reading the forums.

With all that, is there a specific team that you always fall back to if a specific villain isn't going your way?  When playing on the Steam version of the game, I do my best to always do random, but occassionally someone just crushes my soul. When that happens I go back to my favorite team and punch the baddie in the feelings until they cry. I'm mostly curious what people chose, and if you have the time or propensity to explain your reason, even better. 

Edit for spelling error.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome to the forums! I am sure you will get some interesting answers.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Depends upon the villain but most of my dream teams would include normal Legacy.  He has abilities to stop villains from playing cards, prevent or redirect damage, almost nullify DR, ability to do some healing, and gives some card drawing.    

Edit: After that would be Team Leader Tachyon since that much card draw is going to get you what you need.  Then I would want a villain deck manipulator in Parse or Visionary.    If it's a villain with a lot of targets I would choose Tempest but if they only have a few targets I would go with Chrono Ranger.   Lastly I would pick Guise since he can replicate what a lot of what these heroes do plus he's my favorite hero to play.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Depends upon the villain but most of my dream teams would include normal Legacy.  He has abilities to stop villains from playing cards, prevent or redirect damage, almost nullify DR, ability to do some healing, and gives some card drawing.    Edit: After that would be Team Leader Tachyon since that much card draw is going to get you what you need.  Then I would want a villain deck manipulator in Parse or Visionary.    If it's a villain with a lot of targets I would choose Tempest but if they only have a few targets I would go with Chrono Ranger.   Lastly I would pick Guise since he can replicate what a lot of what these heroes do plus he's my favorite hero to play.  

If you had to fight 5 random Villians, would that change your team makeup any?

I suppose on reflection I probably should have included my own listing here:

3 Person Steam- Visionary/SS Tachyon/Wraith

4 Person Steam- Visionary/SS Tachyon/Wraith/Fanatic

5 Person Steam- Visionary/SS Tachyon/Wraith/Fanatic/Legacy

3 In-Person Game- Dark Visionary/SS Tachyon/Wraith

4 In-Person Game- Dark Visionary/SS Tachyon/Wraith/Haka

I don't have five friends :(.  In reality though, we never do five people, the numbers never work out that way. The other guy who played with us often enough liked Ra, so I am guessing that he probably would have gone with him. If the guy who has SS Tachyon doesn't bring his cards because he is a jerk, we'll usually replace him with Legacy or AZ, although I am not sure if it really makes it a "Dream Team" at that point if you're using filler characters. Not saying either of those are bad, as there aren't many "bad" heroes, just not who I prefer. 

Edit: One day I will spell correctly.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Team Leader Tachyon for the card draw, Legacy / Greatest Legacy for the damage boost/extra power usage, Ra or Chronoranger for damage, Wraith, Visionary, or Parse for deck control, Haka or Tempest for all around beats.

There's so many good heroes that it's hard to choose one single set.

The Prime Wardens (Argent Adept, Fanatic, Haka, Captain Cosmos, and Tempest) synergize really well together, especially using their Prime Warden Promos.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000

Sh33pZ wrote:

If you had to fight 5 random Villians, would that change your team makeup any?

If that was the case I would use Legacy, Team Leader Tachyon, Dark Visionary, Tempest, and Guise.  Using Dark Visonary just to guarantee I have villain deck manipulation.   Guise can then act as a backup incase the card choices were really bad.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I'd probably pick Legacy, Wraith, and Super Scientific Tachyon, definitely. The others are flexible with many good options.

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

The prime wardens are major curb stompers in my book only weakness that comes to mind is lack of irreducible damage and even then I managed to kick advanced challenge Infinitor with them.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'd probably go with Legacy, Team Leader Tachyon, Argent Adept, and the Sentinels, with G.I. Bunker, Haka, and DW Fixer as possible substitutions.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

At the risk of repeating myself, I like to maximize card draw and card use: Team Leader Tachyon, NightMist, Scholar, Haka.

Not quite sure who to put in for the fifth. I think the biggest thing missing from the group above is irreducible damage. Now that Dual Crowbars is so powerful, I'm quite tempted to choose Mr. Fixer. Other strong possibilities are GI Bunker and Parse.

There's admittedly not a lot of deck control in the group, but NightMist can lock down the villain deck and both Tachyon and Haka can prevent damage dealing. Throw in GI Bunker's ability to also lock down the villain deck, and I'm sanguine. 

Another possibility, though, is to slot in Wraith instead of Haka. The extra card draw will eventually be lost on her, but her deck control, ongoing/environment destruction, and steady damage are probably worth it.

Final answer: TLT, Mr. Fixer, Wraith, Scholar, and NightMist.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Pulseglazer
Playtester

TLT, Scholar, Nightmist, Parse, AG Legacy.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Depends on the villain and the environment and what mood I'm in and who else is playing. But most of the time I play random anyway.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

aawood

I generally count any team with Legacy and Visionary as being "easy mode". Visionary gives deck manipulation, damage type alteration and buff/debuff, ways to punish enemies who attack, and some mass damage, along with some focused card draw and ongoing elimination. Legacy brings tanking, damage reduction/elimination, villain deck freezing, a few big hits, and a little more mass card draw. Between them you have some way of dealing with almost everything, and to keep everyone alive while you do it. There's not a team that doesn't benefit from having these two on it.

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

arenson9 wrote:

At the risk of repeating myself, I like to maximize card draw and card use: Team Leader Tachyon, NightMist, Scholar, Haka. Not quite sure who to put in for the fifth. I think the biggest thing missing from the group above is irreducible damage. Now that Dual Crowbars is so powerful, I'm quite tempted to choose Mr. Fixer. Other strong possibilities are GI Bunker and Parse. There's admittedly not a lot of deck control in the group, but NightMist can lock down the villain deck and both Tachyon and Haka can prevent damage dealing. Throw in GI Bunker's ability to also lock down the villain deck, and I'm sanguine.  Another possibility, though, is to slot in Wraith instead of Haka. The extra card draw will eventually be lost on her, but her deck control, ongoing/environment destruction, and steady damage are probably worth it. Final answer: TLT, Mr. Fixer, Wraith, Scholar, and NightMist.  

I'm curious how often you find irreducible damage useful. I've seen a lot of people use heroes specifically for that, but I've never had much of an issue with DR that would warrant a hero switch out. 

arenson9 wrote:

Final answer: TLT, Mr. Fixer, Wraith, Scholar, and NightMist.

What was the change to Fixer? With the exception of the Steam version of the game, I don't see him played that often as most people around here avoid him like the plague. I personally don't like him, but then again I am not a fan of damage dealing classes/characters.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Sh33pZ wrote:

What was the change to Fixer? With the exception of the Steam version of the game, I don't see him played that often as most people around here avoid him like the plague. I personally don't like him, but then again I am not a fan of damage dealing classes/characters.

Previously when using Dual Crowbars, it pretty much meant whenever he dealt damage, he would do it to two targets. Now after dealing damage while it is in play, he will hit a second target when the base damage of it is equal to the final damage of the initial hit.

Edit: Quick example if just Dual Crowbars are in play:

Original ruling: He would deal damage 2 damage to 2 targets.

New ruling: He would deal 2 damage to 1 target, then 3 for the second. 

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Ronway wrote:

Sh33pZ wrote:

Previously when using Dual Crowbars, it pretty much meant whenever he dealt damage, he would do it to two targets. Now after dealing damage while it is in play, he will hit a second target when the base damage of it is equal to the final damage of the initial hit.Edit: Quick example if just Dual Crowbars are in play:Original ruling: He would deal damage 2 damage to 2 targets.New ruling: He would deal 2 damage to 1 target, then 3 for the second. 

Ah, ok I saw that last night on the Steam game. I didn't play him enough to understand where the difference was, but during that particular game he spent about half the time healing/damaging AZ for the derps race (I was fishing for DC and didn't realize Baron Blade had 13 cards in the graveyard....). I'm still not sure that in most instances I would bring Fixer along still, but a nice bonus there.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

If I really had to pick a 5 hero team where I would take on a serious of random villains with said team, I would go with Kvothe Argent Adept, Mister Fixer, Expatriette, Absolute Zero, and Dark Watch NightMist.

Kvothe Argent for his ability to accelerate through decks and applying DR to the lowest hero who needs it.

Mister Fixer for clearing out low HP targets, tanking, and preventing damage from targets.

Expatriette is there for softening up targets as they enter play and her damage output.

Absolute Zero for Ongoing destruction and high damage output. Also with the occasional use of Subzero Atmosphere.

Darkwatch NightMist for stopping villain card plays, occasional redirection, wiping the field, and Ongoing/Environment destruction.

Powerhound_2000

Why DW Nightmist over her regular version?  I personally find the card drawing to be more helpful in a whole.  

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

For wiping the field and Ongoing/Environment destruction. With Darkwatch NightMist, I will always have at least one 4 revealed for an Oblivion. With Planar Banishment, I can also get the exact number of Ongoing/Environment cards I want to destroy. And if I want to get more variety of cards, I put a 4 ontop and play Enlightenment. If I draw want I bigger hand, I play Call Forth and discard a 4. 

Powerhound_2000

Thanks for the insight.  

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Ronway wrote:

If I really had to pick a 5 hero team where I would take on a serious of random villains with said team, I would go with Kvothe Argent Adept, Mister Fixer, Expatriette, Absolute Zero, and Dark Watch NightMist.Kvothe Argent for his ability to accelerate through decks and applying DR to the lowest hero who needs it.Mister Fixer for clearing out low HP targets, tanking, and preventing damage from targets.Expatriette is there for softening up targets as they enter play and her damage output.Absolute Zero for Ongoing destruction and high damage output. Also with the occasional use of Subzero Atmosphere.Darkwatch NightMist for stopping villain card plays, occasional redirection, wiping the field, and Ongoing/Environment destruction. 

Interesting, and not a team I would normally go to, but I think it's worth a shot. If you were to take one out for a 4 person game, who would it be? Friday I'll try it with my group of friends and see how it turns out. We'll probably start with normal mode to see if we can get the hang of it.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

There was an event when Wrath of the Comsos just came out, where you pick your "best" team to go up against four unknown villains. I thing I noticed was that even though each team was different, there wasn't a drastic score difference between any of them (if they submitted a game).

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Pydro wrote:

There was an event when Wrath of the Comsos just came out, where you pick your "best" team to go up against four unknown villains. I thing I noticed was that even though each team was different, there wasn't a drastic score difference between any of them (if they submitted a game).

Interesting, all of my teams are hefty on the control with high burst damage, but it seems like a lot of the other ones seem more damage focused with little control. Is there a plan to do this again? I would be curious to see if the results change on all advanced, or half games at advanced? Some of those Villains I don't own yet unfortunately though, so we can't even playtest against that frown

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Sh33pZ wrote:

Interesting, and not a team I would normally go to, but I think it's worth a shot. If you were to take one out for a 4 person game, who would it be? Friday I'll try it with my group of friends and see how it turns out. We'll probably start with normal mode to see if we can get the hang of it.

I would drop both Expatriette and Absolute Zero and add Setback. Since his damage is on par with Absolute Zero and Expatriette, still able to drestroy Ongoing cards, and can supply some healing and cards to the team when needed.

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Ronway wrote:

Sh33pZ wrote:

I would drop both Expatriette and Absolute Zero and add Setback. Since his damage is on par with Absolute Zero and Expatriette, still able to drestroy Ongoing cards, and can supply some healing and cards to the team when needed.

I'll let you know how it goes. Three of the four my friends play on occasion, so we shouldn't have much trouble getting into a groove there except with DW Nightmist and K:AA since the powers are different than normal. We'll probably give Mr. Fixer to the guy who normally plays wraith since they are...somewhat similar in the sense they both use Equipment ;).

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sh33pZ wrote:

Pydro wrote:

Interesting, all of my teams are hefty on the control with high burst damage, but it seems like a lot of the other ones seem more damage focused with little control. Is there a plan to do this again? I would be curious to see if the results change on all advanced, or half games at advanced? Some of those Villains I don't own yet unfortunately though, so we can't even playtest against that frown

It might be done again, but it might have to be slightly different. The event was purposely based around the release of new villains that you have never played against. There were also some other events, but each had some slight rule tweek that made it not just straight "best hero team". See The Depth Chart Event.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Also, remember that people have very different play styles. It's not just about what each hero is good at, but what they are good at when being played by a particular player. Many people will play the same hero differently based on the things that they think are most valuable (or fun). Haka can dish out tons of damage, but he can also be a very effective tank. He can also be a terrible damage dealer and tank all at once - it depends on how you play him.

For the same reason, Mr. Fixer might be fantastic at tanking when Ronway plays him, but terrible at it when I play him, because we make different choices. So, don't take the statement "Hero X is good at Y" to mean that Hero X is always good at Y regardless of who is playing them. You might have to experiment for a while before you figure out how you can be most effective with a hero.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

My 4 hero team:

Expat

Sky-Scraper

Wraith

Mr. Fixer

They have everything you could want except card play prevention and the Micro-Assembler makes this team insane.

For a 5th I add DW Nightmist.

Just for fun 5 player team:

Tempest

Argent Adept

Nightmist

Bunker

Scholar

Because after a bit of deck burning neither the villain nor the Environment will ever play cards again.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

I'm going to be boring and say the Freedom Five is my go-to team, with whom I rarely, if ever, lose. And I try to do them in order of when they're recruited according to the comic, because I'm a dork.

Legacy -- self explanatory. Up to +2 to all damage, protection, extra cards...honestly, he's the one I leave out when I want a challenge.

Bunker -- he's my main damage dealer, goal is usually to get Flak Cannon or Grenade Launcher out along with the Omnicannon, though occasionally I'll focus him on tanking and healing. I love him in minion-heavy decks. A couple rounds against Voss with Ammo Drop out and I've got damn near his whole deck in my hand.

Tachyon -- she pairs extremely well with Legacy, who turns all her 1-damage cards into serious damage, and having her keep the villain from doing damage for a round is invaluable. She also ends up being another nuker toward the end, though I'll occasionally use Lightspeed Barrage as quick problem solving.

Wraith -- she mainly finds use as deck control -- having one or two Eyepieces out makes most villains outright trivial. Sometimes I'll use her damaging powers (with Legacy buffing everyone +2 and her computer? Scary.), but I find a lot more use for her as a problem solver than a damage dealer.

Absolute Zero -- He benefits the most out of Legacy's buffs, and I can regularly get hugely powerful turns out of him. Plus his ability to heal (again, hugely boosted by Legacy's buffs) makes him as good a tank as anyone despite his lack of armor. He's also amazing for Ongoing destruction.

Sometimes I'll switch out AZ for Unity -- with all her potential instances of damage (plus Champion Bot) she can be insane on a team with Legacy's buffs. If I can keep her bots out for more than a round or two, that usually spells the end of a villain.

I'm really waiting for the IR expansion in the app, though, so I can start playing around with Argent Adept and Nightmist. I've played with them a couple times in the physical game, and I'm itching for a chance to really experiment. Once they do, my go-to team might change.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

My strongest team:

1. Legacy (non-promo)

2. Team Leader Tachyon

3. Omnitron-X

4. Tempest

5. Parse

Remove the highest numbers for lower hero count games.  Legacy, Tempest, and Omnitron-X provide team heals and some tanking.  Legacy provides a damage boost.  Tachyon provides card plays.  Omnitron-X starts out by having Legacy play or discard the top card of his deck.  This gets Legacy tanky fast.  Tempest provides AoE damage.  Parse is the controller that makes everyone easy to fight. 

My favorite team:

1.  Argent Adept (for the most fun, take the Prime Warden one)

2.  The Scholar (non-promo)

3.  Setback (non-promo)

4.  Team Leader Tachyon

5.  Anyone you want.  Some prime ones are AZ, Parse, Omnitron-X, Legacy, and Tempest.

This team is about lots of plays and lots of heals.  The Scholar goes for three Mortal Form to Energies and one or more Solid to Liquids.  He tries to take as much damage as possible.  Argent Adept goes for card plays, power uses, and healing.  Setback gives The Scholar more cards (Surprising Fortune), heals everyone for 2 (Cash Out), and gives them all extra power uses (Turn of Events).  Team Leader Tachyon feeds them the cards needed to keep this going.  Allies you want should grant card plays, card draws, power uses, healing, or a way to damage The Scholar when he's fully healed to keep his heal/damage engine running.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Donner wrote:

My strongest team:1. Legacy (non-promo)2. Team Leader Tachyon3. Omnitron-X4. Tempest5. Parse Remove the highest numbers for lower hero count games.  Legacy, Tempest, and Omnitron-X provide team heals and some tanking.  Legacy provides a damage boost.  Tachyon provides card plays.  Omnitron-X starts out by having Legacy play or discard the top card of his deck.  This gets Legacy tanky fast.  Tempest provides AoE damage.  Parse is the controller that makes everyone easy to fight.  My favorite team:1.  Argent Adept (for the most fun, take the Prime Warden one)2.  The Scholar (non-promo)3.  Setback (non-promo)4.  Team Leader Tachyon5.  Anyone you want.  Some prime ones are AZ, Parse, Omnitron-X, Legacy, and Tempest.This team is about lots of plays and lots of heals.  The Scholar goes for three Mortal Form to Energies and one or more Solid to Liquids.  He tries to take as much damage as possible.  Argent Adept goes for card plays, power uses, and healing.  Setback gives The Scholar more cards (Surprising Fortune), heals everyone for 2 (Cash Out), and gives them all extra power uses (Turn of Events).  Team Leader Tachyon feeds them the cards needed to keep this going.  Allies you want should grant card plays, card draws, power uses, healing, or a way to damage The Scholar when he's fully healed to keep his heal/damage engine running.

Does the game change for your teams if you replace Parse with Dark or normal Visionary?

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I don't have Dark Visionary, so I don't use her.  Visionary herself doesn't have the consistency Parse gets for controlling the villain deck since her control abilities are one-shots, not ongoings.  Dark Visionary might flip that and work alright in Parse's position.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Donner wrote:

I don't have Dark Visionary, so I don't use her.  Visionary herself doesn't have the consistency Parse gets for controlling the villain deck since her control abilities are one-shots, not ongoings.  Dark Visionary might flip that and work alright in Parse's position.

The few times I played Parse I got (seemingly) terrible hands for the situation, so I haven't played her much. Add that to the list of people to play Friday!

cmschex
Playtester

I don't think I've ever chosen a team for a specific matchup, but if I were, it would likely be Nightmist, Redeemer Fanatic, PW Argent, Naturalist and really anyone in the 5th spot (Parse would be good).  Essentially, you have 3 heroes who want to take damage/can seriously tank for AA who gets set up incredibly fast in this version and can generally get Emboldened, which pretty much wins you the game.  If playing with Desperate Prey Naturalist, this team is even more insane

Trajector
Trajector's picture

mwc146 wrote:

I'm going to be boring and say the Freedom Five is my go-to team

Nothing boring about that. The Freedom Five are solid.
VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

It's always hard to turn down a game with the prime wardens. I have never played a game with them where everybody was below half of their maximum HP, they just work so well as a team. That plus I really enjoy playing Argent Adept, every game I played with him, I have become the best friend of a lot of heros

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

VisforYoshi wrote:

It's always hard to turn down a game with the prime wardens. I have never played a game with them where everybody was below half of their maximum HP, they just work so well as a team. That plus I really enjoy playing Argent Adept, every game I played with him, I have become the best friend of a lot of heros

Who has been your hardest fight with the PW so far? Seems like a few people enjoy this team as well.

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

My hardest fight with the prime wardens was advanced challenge Infinitor. Extreme DR vs extreme healing in a slugfest to make the walls shake it took all of the prime wardens power combo abuse to wreck his day did not get to shorten the fight by triple wrathful retribution that time.

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

Medic-Tank wrote:

My hardest fight with the prime wardens was advanced challenge Infinitor. Extreme DR vs extreme healing in a slugfest to make the walls shake it took all of the prime wardens power combo abuse to wreck his day did not get to shorten the fight by triple wrathful retribution that time.

Wow. Last night was the first time I've ever killed someone with WR. In fact, I was so excited I had to take a screenshot of it. It was a tad overkill, but the only other time it had come up someone hit the villain for 1 and ended it before I could WR on them :(

cmschex
Playtester

Sh33pZ wrote:

Medic-Tank wrote:

Wow. Last night was the first time I've ever killed someone with WR. In fact, I was so excited I had to take a screenshot of it. It was a tad overkill, but the only other time it had come up someone hit the villain for 1 and ended it before I could WR on them :(

I'll just leave this here for posterity https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/episode-37-waiting-for-capt-cos....  Wasn't the full PW, but AA + Redeemer Fanatic led to 4 Wrathfuls in that game to help take out the Advanced Ennead

Sh33pZ
Sh33pZ's picture

cmschex wrote:

Sh33pZ wrote:
 Medic-Tank wrote:

I'll just leave this here for posterity https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/episode-37-waiting-for-capt-cos....  Wasn't the full PW, but AA + Redeemer Fanatic led to 4 Wrathfuls in that game to help take out the Advanced Ennead

That's pretty impressive. I have pretty bad luck with card draws though. I've played in M:tG tournaments with 13 land cards out of a 60 card deck, and my initial hand was...all land :(. The only time I get WR normally is either to start the game (and then things either go so well or so badly it's not needed) or at the very end, right before another hero puts an end to the villain.

cmschex
Playtester

I will say playing with other PW's or Redeemer will certainly increase your odds of seeing it more often just base on the fact you will be seeing more cards throughout the game

Powerhound_2000

cmschex wrote:

That was a really good game.  I'm pretty sure that's the first time with all members having come out that I won against the Ennead. Though it was also the first time I played against them on advanced.   I'm surprised Oaktree hasn't popped up in a while. 

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That game had all the shenanigans. So much fun.

Jimeni
Playtester

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

The Prime Wardens (Argent Adept, Fanatic, Haka, Captain Cosmic, and Tempest) synergize really well together, especially using their Prime Warden Promos.

This. So true.

Shortly after getting the Wrath of the Cosmos, my wife and I decided to try out the Prime Wardens (using the Prime Warden promos), and we were amazed at how well they worked together.

Now sometimes when we sit down to play, we'll say something like, "Have we tried the Prime Wardens against so-and-so?"

A great team indeed.

carnilius
Playtester

We've been using a team that focuses heavily on cards:  Parse, Scholar, Haka, TLT

Our end game, which is generally pretty fast:  Parse snap decisions and recompiles for 3 discards * 3 critical multipliers = +9+3 attack to Haka, and then does it again for her play for another +9, and for her power seg faults just for the discard and gives another +3 to Haka.  Scholar knows when to turn loose, discarding his whole hand which is most of his deck.  If the baddy is not dead yet, Haka will have an insane Haka of Battle with most of his deck.  And TLT is there just for the extra card draws.

So far, the team is undefeated except for when Omnitron started with two EPEs....

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

carnilius wrote:

We've been using a team that focuses heavily on cards:  Parse, Scholar, Haka, TLTOur end game, which is generally pretty fast:  Parse snap decisions and recompiles for 3 discards * 3 critical multipliers = +9+3 attack to Haka, and then does it again for her play for another +9, and for her power seg faults just for the discard and gives another +3 to Haka.  Scholar knows when to turn loose, discarding his whole hand which is most of his deck.  If the baddy is not dead yet, Haka will have an insane Haka of Battle with most of his deck.  And TLT is there just for the extra card draws.So far, the team is undefeated except for when Omnitron started with two EPEs....

What, no Nightmist?  She's the queen of having most of your deck in your hand.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000

If you have a five hero team I would say Nightmist, Guise, or Argent Adept could all take that fifth spot.   The normal Nightmist like Arcanist Lupis said is pretty much the queen of getting through her deck and making use of those cards through her Amulet of the Elder Gods and Starshield Necklace.   Guise always loves having huge hands and putting together his combos off it.   He can copy TLT as well with I Can Do That Too! so that there are more cards for everyone.  He could even copy Parse's Ongoings too and use Blantant Reference or Where Did I Leave That..... to give +1 bonuses.  Argent Adept can allows more card draws to particular heroes through his Ongoings, allow heroes extra power uses, or  allow them to play extra cards in their hands.   That extra card play could setup Scholar to play Know when to hold them out out of turn and then unleash further fury with Know when to let loose.  

carnilius
Playtester

Generally I play 2 player with my wife, so a fifth hero would be a pain to manage.  Also, Nightmist likes extra cards but isn't much of a team player.  Guise is still not available at my FLGS (and unfortunately I missed the preorder by a day!).  Argent is great, but doesn't care as much about huge hands (though his ability to let others play cards would indeed be nice).

Powerhound_2000

Nightmist can be a team player with Enlightenment and uses of Mistbound.    Being able to redirect damage with the Amulet allows the option of destroying a target that might otherwise hit every hero target.   She has Ongoing/environment destruction which can potentially take out up to four cards with Planar Banishment.   She can also serve as backup to deck manipulation with Astral Projection.  

carnilius
Playtester

Sure, but it's pretty much just that card that rarely gets used for other players.  Not nearly as useful to other players as Proverbs And Axioms/Don't Dismiss Anything, Fleet of Foot, Syntactic Analysis, Targeting Arrow, et cetera.  Yeah, I guess Haka isn't as much of a team player either (though Ground Pound is nice), but he's the primary damage dealer.

For deck manipulation and ongoing destruction, Parse is generally more reliable, especially with Seg Fault + Crit Multipliers.

Pages