The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

XTREME Prime Wardens Argent Adept Unlock

139 posts / 0 new
Last post
scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

Jeysie wrote:

scifantasy wrote:

(And threw a lot of theories about a collective condition for the XPW out by the wayside...)

I'm kind of relieved, honestly.Collective unlocks aren't a big deal when the entire team is available at once, but I could see needing to do two unlock games every single new time getting a little wearying.

Oh, I'd been assuming that because of the way they set up the Fall of the Variants, you only needed to do the prerequisite once

Though come to think, the precondition for the other Prime Wardens is just "PWAA must be unlocked." It may still be that the rest of the XPW start with "XPWAA must be unlocked."

hstein3
hstein3's picture

MigrantP wrote:

UXM266 wrote:

"Win a game in insula prinalis with regular AA and play every song at least once with using his image power"

I go play a squash match and you folks get everything figured out while I'm on the court!The community has discovered the official unlock condition for Xtreme Prime Wardens Argent Adept:Win a game in Insula Primalis with the regular Argent Adept on the team. The Argent Adept must use his Vocalize power to activate each of his unique Melody, Harmony, and Rhythm cards at least once each.

"Welcome to the jungle." Heh. Now I wonder if this is going to be a theme.

http://mrhalbert.blogspot.com, Wherein I talk about gaming and, um, stuff.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

scifantasy wrote:
Jeysie wrote:
scifantasy wrote:

(And threw a lot of theories about a collective condition for the XPW out by the wayside...)

I'm kind of relieved, honestly.Collective unlocks aren't a big deal when the entire team is available at once, but I could see needing to do two unlock games every single new time getting a little wearying.

Oh, I'd been assuming that because of the way they set up the Fall of the Variants, you only needed to do the prerequisite once

Though come to think, the precondition for the other Prime Wardens is just "PWAA must be unlocked." It may still be that the rest of the XPW start with "XPWAA must be unlocked."

If I'm remembering right, prerequisites don't count until after a variant becomes unlocked for discovery.

So if stuff like "first lose to Progeny" was a collective prerequisite like we'd wondered, if the variants were all unlocked at once you'd only have to do it once, but since they're being unlocked one at a time you'd have to do it every single time.

But like I said, I'm now wondering if Insula Primalis being a part of the conditions is a simpler collective prerequisite instead, since IMHO it feels kind of out of place otherwise.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Maybe the reality the Xtreme Prime Wardens are from is more like Insula Primalis, full of dinosaurs and fire. I mean, that's pretty Xtreme, right?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

XD It would explain a whole lot.

I still find it kind of amusing that Akash'Bhuta says she kind of likes Xtreme Argent because he's dissonant and chaotic. Makes me wonder what their enemy dynamic is like over in Xtreme World.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

Jeysie wrote:

If I'm remembering right, prerequisites don't count until after a variant becomes unlocked for discovery.

So if stuff like "first lose to Progeny" was a collective prerequisite like we'd wondered, if the variants were all unlocked at once you'd only have to do it once, but since they're being unlocked one at a time you'd have to do it every single time.

Well, yes. But given that it seems we only needed to do one update/download to get the code for all the variants, my guess had been that the system would be able to track those details and simply wouldn't let the final unlock happen...eh. Never mind, irrelevant.

Though I have just now noticed someting--there don't seem to be Android achievements for the XPW, or at least, there isn't one for XPWAA. Steam has them, but Android...not.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

scifantasy wrote:

Though I have just now noticed someting--there don't seem to be Android achievements for the XPW, or at least, there isn't one for XPWAA. Steam has them, but Android...not.

Huh, yeah, you're right. Wonder if it's related to there having been an initial server glitch in the unlock going live on Android servers.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Oops, I forgot to publish those. They should appear within a few hours.

After the achievements are live, if you have the variant unlocked you'll get the achievement the next time you launch the app.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

waedens
Playtester

I lose power and internet, get the unlock while offline and before I can report my conditions you guys have it locked down. Remind me not to take a hurricane break next time...

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Poor MigrantP has so many buttons to push he's losing track of all of them.

@waedens: Right in the nick of time for this week's variant, too. :3

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I wonder who it will be? Which PW i wonder...

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

UXM266 wrote:

Tune in tonight for Sentinels Live!

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

UXM266 wrote:

Tune in tonight for Sentinels Live!

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I can. 

Blackfang108
Playtester

It's not like you have much of a choice.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Aargh, I was so close!  I'd met all the conditions except Insula Primalis as the environment.  I still don't get that one.  I did most of my attempts in the Court of Blood (the meeting takes place in Albania, and Transylvania was the closest I could figure).

That was before I'd tried this, too....

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Petition now for the details behind that comic story where Parse and Haka help Argent take down Progeny in one epic performance.

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

MigrantP wrote:

Oops, I forgot to publish those. They should appear within a few hours.

After the achievements are live, if you have the variant unlocked you'll get the achievement the next time you launch the app.

Check, and check.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I should note that Guise's imitation of XTreme Argent is suitably hilarious. There's two, actually, one being pure parody and one being a snippet of song lyrics I couldn't really make out or recognize.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I'm hoping for Fanatic.

With my luck, she'll probably be last.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

My guess is that it will be in the order that the members joined Argent Adept in the fight against Akash. According to the SC Wiki, Captain Cosmic was the first to join Argent Adept and Fanatic was the last. I am not sure about the order with Haka and Tempest.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

And now I totally wish we had gotten "real" individual bios for the XPWs, because it seems Insula Primalis really is tied to XTreme Argent specifically, which is making me scratch my head in curiosity.

waedens
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

Aargh, I was so close!  I'd met all the conditions except Insula Primalis as the environment.  I still don't get that one.  I did most of my attempts in the Court of Blood (the meeting takes place in Albania, and Transylvania was the closest I could figure).That was before I'd tried this, too....

Don't be silly. The court of blood is where Fanatic will be unlocked. Here is my prediction:

Win a game in the Court of Blood with base Fanatic on the Team. All of Fanatics ongoings must be in Play. Ongoings with powers must have their powers used.

DMAN222

Unlocked XPW Cosmic!

I tried to do as little as possible to do so. I went with Cosmic, Gramps Legacy, Tempest and XPW Adept vs Ambuscade in Enclave. Cosmic ONLY played Constructs (12 total, I think, maybe 13), and I didn't even play one of each. 1 of the constructs got destroyed early (thanks Grenade Launcher), but I used Cataclysm to deal Ambuscade 13 damage. This did not incap him. Later that turn (because Adept is awesome) Tempest got the win and I unlocked him then.

In summary, there are no non-construct cards that need to be played, Enclave likely is the place to be, the unlock most likely is solely about destroying constructs.

My guess: Win a game with Captain Cosmic on the team in Enclave of the Endlings where Captain Cosmic destroys 10 or more constructs (in a single turn, perhaps?).

Here is the game log - https://pastebin.com/TBe7pmSy

I'm nerdy in the extreme/ Whiter than sour cream/ I was in AV club and Glee club/ and even the Chess team - Weird Al, White 'n Nerdy

Powerhound_2000

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

DMAN222

Edit in the form of a post for those who cannot see edits: I never dealt any damage using constructs outside of using a Cosmic Weapon (which doesn't really count since the hero deals the damage, not the construct).

I'm nerdy in the extreme/ Whiter than sour cream/ I was in AV club and Glee club/ and even the Chess team - Weird Al, White 'n Nerdy

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The official unlock condition for Xtreme Prime Wardens Captain Cosmic has been discovered by the community:

Win a game in the Enclave of the Endlings with regular Captain Cosmic on the team. At least 10 Construct cards must enter play. By using his own card effects, damage from himself, or damage from Constructs, Captain Cosmic must destroy at least 10 Construct cards.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I have nothing relevant to say about XPWCC in the XPWAA thread but as all the cool kids are doing it...

XPWCC is more rad than XPWAA.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Matchstickman wrote:

I have nothing relevant to say about XPWCC in the XPWAA thread but as all the cool kids are doing it...XPWCC is more rad than XPWAA.

Them's fighting words, I'll have you know.

...OK, OK, XPW Argent has the better hair, XPW Cosmic has the better arsenal and accent.

DMAN222

My bad, the names are similar in my defense. Also in my defense...I got nothing. It was just one of those "whoops! I'm totally not a klutz" moments.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Jeysie wrote:

Matchstickman wrote:
I have nothing relevant to say about XPWCC in the XPWAA thread but as all the cool kids are doing it...XPWCC is more rad than XPWAA.

Them's fighting words, I'll have you know....OK, OK, XPW Argent has the better hair, XPW Cosmic has the better arsenal and accent.

How do you know what accent XPW Cosmic has? What amazing information am I missing out on?!

Powerhound_2000

We know Captain Cosmic in general is British and I assume that's what she is talking about. 

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Ah right. he was already one of my faves. Now I'll have to talk with my fake accent everytime I play him.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

We know Captain Cosmic in general is British and I assume that's what she is talking about. 

He worked at SCOTLAND Yard, so clearly he MUST be IRISH cheeky

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Yeap. No offense Argent, but British accent > Californian accent so Space Dad wins that particular battle.

(Now, a Southern accent would be a much closer call.)

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

I would be very amused if the different versions had distinctly different accents.

Like a clean RP from Base and PW Captain Cosmic, but XPW sounds more like Ozzy.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I would be disappointed if XPW Cosmic didn't have a lower class lout sort of accent. (While yeah, regular Cosmic sounds more refined.)

Over on TV Tropes they put the London Gangsters trope in his character sheet, which sounds about right.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough," certainly is a London Gangster-y line. I mostly recognize it from Discworld.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

So the other day the question of Argent's eventual Dark Conductor variant came up, with the question of "So what should SFX for evil blood magic symphony conducting even sound like?" XD

Also part of me kinda hopes the background portrait has that creepy grin from the variant's incap, akin to Dark Visionary's portrait.

Pages