The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

WTF just happened

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrskwid
WTF just happened

so playing the sentinels steam game, fighting omnitron when the electro-pulse explosive and EMIDETLEY start dealing damage, it came out on a normal play so the only thing i can think of is aploute zero has su-zero envirment is out but the bomb allready active's on the start of the turn so i thinnk it's a glitch i can't think of another reason.

Jason T skwid.
business man, champion boxer. secret ruler of the rook city underground.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

No glitch. With Sub-zero atmosphere, all end actions happen at start. Omni plays a card at the end, which is actually the start. Since it is still the start, EPE goes off immediately. Not always a good idea to play Sub-Zero against Omni.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

That's not what Sub-Zero Atmosphere says, though. It says nothing about start of turn effects happening at the end, just the inverse. Unless it was ruled somewhere where the inverse is also true.

Any Villain card which would act at the end of the Villain turn instead acts at the start of the Villain turn.

Sounds like a glitch to me.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Are you sure it was his normal card play? It would probably be his second card play that turn if it is his normal play, unless of course his first was Terraforming.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

What Ronway said, Sub-Zero atmosphere would move Omnitron's end of turn play to the start of turn, if that EoT play was EPE then it would go off immediately.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

You weren't playing in Ruins of Atlantis, were you?

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

mrskwid

it was his first play and he just transformed in to rampaging robot that turn, but if sub zero environment effect's all villein cards character card's including then he would have played a card at the start of his turn then still being the start of his turn the bomb would then start dealing damage this turn.

so the question is, sub zero environment does it effect villain character cards or not 

Jason T skwid.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It does affect the villain character card.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

mrskwid

make's scence.

Jason T skwid.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Ah, I wasn't thinking about Omni's end of turn moved at the start as well, gotcha. Yeah, it's legit.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

This is our most common "bug report" that's not a bug, for what it's worth =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

mrskwid

glade it's not a bug glad a bout it.

Jason T skwid.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

As a minor suggestion, could we for the future get a notification when sub-zero atmosphere is causing something to happen at the start of turn?  Like let's say that before a gene bound minion attacks at the start of the turn due to the effect, you get a brief message saying something like "sub zero atmosphere forced [card] to [effect] at the start of the turn"

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

There is no message because you could potentially get 20 messages. We plan to add a feature where you can enable low priority messages if you want to get spammed, though =)

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Speaking of bugs I've noticed that placing Bunkers Mode cards under Omnicannon causes him to skip phases as though he'd played them, placing all three pretty much means that all's he can do each turn is power up Omnicannon.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

bluedarky wrote:

Speaking of bugs I've noticed that placing Bunkers Mode cards under Omnicannon causes him to skip phases as though he'd played them

Wow! surprise Really?! Haven't actually had that come up that I recall (I don't generally pay attention to the cards I pitch), so I'd have to mess with it to see what it does. Anyone else run into this?

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Just tested this out, and it worked fine (at least for me).

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Please send bug details to us directly in-game (in the credits screen) or on our website: http://handelabra.com/contact