The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Wrath of the Cosmos Pre-Order Event

766 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mezike
Mezike's picture

Pydro wrote:

There will be another mega-expansion.

Ahh, but then there will be empty space in that box and how are we going to fill it!?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The last expansion will come with a bust of Christopher that has a chia beard. That should fill up the remaining space.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

The Mega Expansion will be a suitcase within which you can store every piece of Sentinels merchandise available including the playmat and T-shirts.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nielzabub wrote:

The Mega Expansion will be a suitcase within which you can store every piece of Sentinels merchandise available including the playmat and T-shirts.

Don't forget the Mr. Chomps plushie and the fully-functional life-sized all-hyphens-included Omni-Cannon.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

grysqrl wrote:

Nielzabub wrote:

Don't forget the Mr. Chomps plushie and the fully-functional life-sized all-hyphens-included Omni-Cannon.

It should probably have room for 3 Mr. Chomps.

That's how many Unity has in her deck, right?

wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Mezike
Mezike's picture

This just in: The Sentinels Big Box sighted in the >G warehouse!

Attachments: 
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Mezike wrote:

This just in: The Sentinels Big Box sighted in the >G warehouse!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Seriously, Mezike, how did you get that spy picture?! I thought their security was tighter than that...

(That's awesome!)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I hear Jodie can be bribed with very hot peppers and coffee.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

That makes for some rather nasty coffee.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I must have slipped in to an alternative dimension, the one I came from had the Wrath pre-order counter at 4481, in this dimension the counter reads 4482.

Can anyone tell me if it rains tacos in this dimension?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Maybe, as I saw it listed at 4480 just yesterday

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

I must have slipped in to an alternative dimension, the one I came from had the Wrath pre-order counter at 4481, in this dimension the counter reads 4482.Can anyone tell me if it rains tacos in this dimension?

No, we just get raining ice cream every now and then. The raining taco dimension is about three dimensions northeast of here.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Matchstickman wrote:

I must have slipped in to an alternative dimension, the one I came from had the Wrath pre-order counter at 4481, in this dimension the counter reads 4482.Can anyone tell me if it rains tacos in this dimension?

When I was having trouble placing my preorder, I was told that since it was clear I was attempting to place an order before the event ended, they could add me in even if the trouble persisted thereafter. That being said, I was able to get things resolved before that, so that's not mine, but I'm guessing someone was having a similar dilemma.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

If you don't keep a close eye on them, they breed.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Mezike wrote:

Tacos, delimas or preorders?

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Donner wrote:

Mezike wrote:

Tacos, delimas or preorders?

Yes

Powerhound_2000

I was really hoping for a character update this week with the GtGs folk recovered from the cons.   sad

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000

The preorder count is 4486 now.....

ketigid

Still no updates.....? Back in Kickstarter days, we got updates every Tues and Thurs.

Here's a thought, I hope GtG comes back with a surprise update that says "Hey! Thanks for waiting this long! As an appreciation for your patience, here's a shiny new super secret promo card!" *YEAH*

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Like they haven't given enough already...

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

"Enough" isn't the point, if they don't want people to point out they're not doing something, perhaps they shouldn't say they're going to do it?

From the blog

"While a preorder is running, we will post daily updates on week days."

We got 9, of 23 and one of those was "Hey, it's over" which would extend the number of updates to 24.

I love what the >G guys and girls do for us and (think I) know how hard they work for us to get the game out to us, never mind all those lovely extras as well, but I never take anything they say regarding a timeline seriously, it's either ridiculously padded (to our benefit) or ignored for more important things (which I'm also good with).

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Then why even worry about it?

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Powerhound_2000

I don't know I would call it worry.  I'm just excited to learn more about the characters in the expansion and more artwork 

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I don't know I would call it worry.  I'm just excited to learn more about the characters in the expansion and more artwork 

I want more character info too.

For everyone.

Especially the Hippo.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

The Hippo is the true center of the Multiverse.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The Hippo swallows the Multiverse - that's how the timelines are fixed.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Why yes, you are correct.

Everything needs more Hippo.

Powerhound_2000

Preorders is now at 4490. 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Ronway wrote:

A villain revealed? Awesome!https://greaterthangames.com/content/a-villain

Deadline may have my favourite backstory of any villain yet.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

imprimis5 wrote:

Ronway wrote:
A villain revealed? Awesome!https://greaterthangames.com/content/a-villain

Deadline may have my favourite backstory of any villain yet.

His story has to be key for what is coming after this expansion.  something is coming that he feels is worth nearly wiping out our planet to prevent. Something wicked this way comes.

Powerhound_2000

That backstory is awesome on many levels.  We know he is worried about the big bad coming so much that he'll wipe us out just to prevent it and that we have a group called the Enclave of Endlings.  I wonder what Tempest thinks about that group since I imagine they had some contact with him after Voss wiped out his planet.  

Chromium_Man

In the far, far future, will Jansa attempt to add Haka to the Enclave of the Endlings?

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Chromium_Man wrote:

In the far, far future, will Jansa attempt to add Haka to the Enclave of the Endlings?

Maybe Jansa has already made a start? The true source of Haka's immortality is still a mystery isn't it? Could Haka have been offered immortality as he died in the desert, yet unaware of his pact with Jansa when he regained consciousness the following morning?

On another note, consider the timeline that ends with the Final Wasteland, Con's Bunker and Haka of Knowledge. Is this a timeline where Deadline is successful at driving Humanity back to the dark ages, thus avoiding the attentions of Jansa? Or a timeline where both Deadline and Jansa are defeated, Humanity descends into an extinction event, and only Haka is left? Or a timeline where Jansa destroys Humanity but Haka somehow survives the Terminarch's clutches (or has returned to Earth as an Endling in the same way that Deadline left the enclave)?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

According to Con, the Final Wasteland came about when Plague Rat's infection got out of control and took out the human population to the extent that all the gribbly monsters came out of hiding and decided to take the planet for themselves. That's why there're Rat Beasts - they're the "descendants" of Plague Rat.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

ketigid

Jansa is the Big Boss? Deadline turns hero in the last expansion? :D

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I don't think Jansa is a villain. I think he's a good guy; he doesn't make species extinct, he preserves their memory by saving one of them, and keeps them immortal in the Enclave.

Also, do we know if Jansa is male or female? I keep referring to him as male, but the name seems a bit feminine (it's pronounced YAN-sa Vee DARE-o) so whatever.

I really like Deadline's backstory, though. I can't wait to see Progeny's and Kaargra's. And the last, mystery villain.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

TheEternallyUnd...
TheEternallyUndyingOne's picture

Deadline is very cool, but we already knew most of this stuff from Adam's discussion of him in the GFBR podcast; about all we actually gained from this update was some art, the name of his species, and mention of the Enclave and Jansa.  I'm not complaining really, but I'd much rather have found out what Kaargra's deal is or gotten some info about the fourth villain (Progeny we know almost as much about as Deadline, though he too would have been an improvement, since most of what we know is mechanics and these updates are pretty much all flavor).

Powerhound_2000

I could see Jansa possibly being a bad future villain.   Deadline just stole tech from this council and becomes a major threat to Earth.   Who's to say that maybe this council isn't part of the reason some of these races are being wiped out or that maybe Jansa doesn't have a more devious reason for gathering those who are last of their race.

Maybe Jansa's intentions are benevolent but at this point anything is possible.  

ketigid

TheEternallyUndyingOne wrote:

Adam's discussion of him in the GFBR podcast

I may be missing out. Will you point me to this podcast?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

ketigid wrote:

I think he is refering to when Christopher was on there, but said Adam instead. Here's Christopher's most recent appearance.

http://gfbrobot.com/2014/08/20/house-rules-93-talking-wrath-of-the-cosmos-with-christopher-badell/

ketigid

Thanks. That one I've heard. I was curious whether Adam did a podcast as well.

TheEternallyUnd...
TheEternallyUndyingOne's picture

Ronway wrote:

ketigid wrote:

I think he is refering to when Christopher was on there, but said Adam instead. Here's Christopher's most recent appearance.http://gfbrobot.com/2014/08/20/house-rules-93-talking-wrath-of-the-cosmo...

Whoops, sorry.  Us immortals tend to get names mixed up after meeting several thousand of each, y'know.

Bas

To me, Jansa sounds like a collector of species. It may well be that Deadline's actions, which provoke the heroes to defeat him, may lure Jansa to earth in order to protect the loss of a unique species (Deadline) in his collection. Once there, he may well learn of Tempest and the other multiverse heroes, who are each unique in their own right, and try to collect the entire set :-)

Powerhound_2000

A villain update about Kaargra Warfang a few minutes ago.

BrotherDusk
BrotherDusk's picture

I think that's actually an environment, but I could be wrong.  Think of Kaargra as the environment's Anubis.

cmschex
Playtester

No, it's a villain deck, the two environments are different

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

BrotherDusk wrote:

I think that's actually an environment, but I could be wrong.  Think of Kaargra as the environment's Anubis.

Hello again, Sentinels fans! Ready for another villain?! Probably not, but she's not going to wait for you to be ready!

Christopher really makes it sound like its a villain.

Powerhound_2000

On the Facebook page they already got asked the same thing and confirmed its a villain.  

Pages