The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Wraith Promo Misprint?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
CBattles6
CBattles6's picture
Playtester
Wraith Promo Misprint?

Just received Rook City and all my Kickstarter goodies in the mail today. Everything looks AMAZING, but I think my Wraith promo might be a misprint. The card's border is offset by almost half the width of the border, making the art on the front of the card almost flush with the left edge (and the art on the back almost flush with the right edge).

Has anyone else seen this problem? I can post a picture later if this is just an isolated incident. I want to make it clear that this is only a SMALL issue—overall, the quality of the box, cards, etc. is top notch. Way to put all that Kickstarter money to good use!

scatterbrain
Playtester

http://imgur.com/bLwLw.jpg

Here is my Wraith card.  Sorry you got a stinker, though it's kind of surprising since they must have inserted them into those tiny envelopes by hand.  I guess when you do enough of them you start to glaze over and miss stuff like that.

scatterbrain
Playtester

OMG!  I'm so sorry for the humungous picture.  *not to scale

LOL.

Pelor

Hmm, isn't the word spelled as "Sleuth" and not "Sleulth"?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pelor wrote:
Hmm, isn't the word spelled as "Sleuth" and not "Sleulth"?

Depends on what part of the world your from, I suppose... ;)

(Yeah, that's a typo. :-\)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Rabit wrote:
(Yeah, that's a typo. :-\)

But that just makes it more valuable...?  ;)

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

evandan55 wrote:
But that just makes it more valuable...?  ;)

Doubt it - pretty sure they're all that way. I know mine is. They usually use the same image for each card, depending on the layout of the sheets.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I think mine is too. So hooray! We've got evidence of first editions! It doesn't matter too much to me. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't pointed out. Sleuth is just one of those words that bleeds together.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

CBattles6
CBattles6's picture
Playtester

Yeah. My card has the misspelling, too, but it's pretty easy to miss. I mean, we've known what the front of that card was going to look like for a while, and no one caught it.

I would like to get a replacement card though, since it turns out that my off-center printing (or cutting) was an outlier. Hopefully one of the GTG guys will be by soon to address this issue.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I believe that the folks in charge of the shipping end are on a brief vacation. I'm not sure when they get back, but I believe they'll be around again at the end of this weekend?

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

If anyone has a card that arrived damaged, just send me a picture of it at paul@sentinelsofthemultiverse.com along with your address and I'll send along a replacement.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

CBattles6
CBattles6's picture
Playtester

Paul wrote:
If anyone has a card that arrived damaged, just send me a picture of it at paul@sentinelsofthemultiverse.com along with your address and I'll send along a replacement.

Thanks, Paul! I hadn't gotten a chance to see your post before the forums went down. I'll send you a pic as soon as I can.