The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Will acheivements unlock retroactively for unlocked characters?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture
Will acheivements unlock retroactively for unlocked characters?

On this page: http://sentinelsdigital.com/variants.html

You can read the following phrase: "30 days after first release, each Variant will also have a password posted here that will automatically unlock that Variant in-game. However, using this password to unlock a Variant will not fulfill any related achievement once those are added to the game."

Are characters that we've unlocked legitimately already being tracked? I really don't want to have to do Cosmic Omnitron's or Dark Watch Mr. Fixer's unlock conditions again.

bullfroggy95
bullfroggy95's picture

I believe the answer to this is yes. If I remember correctly, MigrantP has stated that the game tracks the unlocks of Variants with two variables. If you unlock it with a code, itll fill in the variable that tells the game you used a code. If you unlock it legitimately, it fills in the variable that says you did the challenge. When the achievements are added, they'll look at the variable related to the challenges for confirmation of completion, which if you already did it should just auto-complete any achievements when you open up the game.

silopolis
silopolis's picture

I had unlocked everything legit before, but when installing Rook City I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling, losing my unlocks in the process. So I went in and used the codes for the core-game variants.

Then later, I managed to accidentally put 5+ Bursts in the Trash in one turn, and I "unlocked" SS Tachyon. Which was funny, because I used SS Tachyon to unlock herself!

Comics, everyone! :)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yes. And indeed, you can still do the challenges even after entering the code, so the achievements will still be earnable even in that case.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

But you're not allowed to do that until we get to Shattered Timelines!

EDIT: That was directed at silopolis. MigrantP posted as I was posting.

silopolis
silopolis's picture

MarioFanaticXV wrote:

But you're not allowed to do that until we get to Shattered Timelines!EDIT: That was directed at silopolis. MigrantP posted as I was posting.

If Tachy was the Flash, she'd have just caused the Iron Legacy timeline right there. :)