The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Who's undefeated?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trajector
Trajector's picture
Who's undefeated?

In your own personal Sentinels of the Multiverse game continuity, however you keep track of things - video game stats, paper tally sheets, scratches on the wall, anecdotes - do any of you have an undefeated hero?

I ask because we keep a tally sheet of wins and losses for each hero, environment, and villain, and we have ONE undefeated hero: Fanatic. She has 26 recorded wins, and no recorded losses. We don't really have a great idea how this happened, except that she usually appears in our games as her Prime Warden variant, and she goes bananas with her powers. Even if she goes down before the end of the game, she's blasted the villain and cranked up her heroic teammates.

(Nightmist is next, with only one loss out of a similar ~25 recorded games. Then we come to Tachyon, who has about 6 losses on record out of almost 45 games.)

At this point, we take special note when Fanatic comes out of the box at the beginning of the game: Her reputation is on the line! We'd better make sure to try extra hard to win!

What other undefeated heroes are out there in the many multiverses of your game tables, iPads, and Stream accounts?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I don't think I have any undefeated hero.  I do think with Super Scientific Tachyon I may have the best win percentage though.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

If our team's Fanatic is undefeated, it's because we don't play her much.  Everyone has their favorites...and their not-so-favorites.  The favorites will have more games and more losses.  And the not-so-favorites will have more interesting, but less accurate, scores.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Donner wrote:

If our team's Fanatic is undefeated, it's because we don't play her much. 

Heresy!

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

If we're counting variants I have never lost a game playing witty F6 Tachyon The ext card per turn just makes everybody better

Sapienta potentia est

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

Donner wrote:

Heresy!

Funny....that's what she said, too!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Donner wrote:
Foote wrote:
 Donner wrote:

Heresy!

Funny....that's what she said, too!

I felt that if I put a "see what I did there" it would ruin the moment.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

None of them.

They have all been defeated at one time or another, some on purpose otherwise their heads inflate with ego and the sleeved cards wont fit in the box.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

...otherwise their heads inflate with ego and the sleeved cards wont fit in the box.

I think that's called water damage...

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I have never played a game where Hunted Naturalist has died

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I got clobbered my first time playing with Hunted Naturalist and I have yet to play him again.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

emcg575797
emcg575797's picture

I've been keeping track of my video game plays since March (227 games). Undefeated heroes: Legacy (21), Freedom Six Tempest (13), Super Scientific Tachyon (12), Eternal Haka (11), Grandpa Legacy (9), Ra: Horus of Two Horizons (7), Rook City Wraith (4). Environments: Megopolis (18) and Wagner Mars Base (24).

As I normally play the proper game with newbies I don't keep records of my physical plays.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I know that no hero or variant before Wrath of the Cosmos is undefeated. Hunted Naturalist might be undefeated, DW Setback has been defeated once, and I believe PW Cosmic is undefeated (though I've played him fewer than seven times. 

Ironically I'm undefeated against the Matriarch (as far as I can recall,) and Progeny has only defeated me once. I have recorded losses against easy villains such as Chokepoint, Ambuscade, and Gloomweaver in a memorable rout (Unhallowed Halls and Cursed Acolyte are good friends, especially against Nightmist and Scholar.)

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I find it funny that somebody else's Fanatic is undefeated, as well. :)

emcg575797 wrote:

I've been keeping track of my video game plays since March (227 games). Undefeated heroes: Legacy (21), Freedom Six Tempest (13), Super Scientific Tachyon (12), Eternal Haka (11), Grandpa Legacy (9), Ra: Horus of Two Horizons (7), Rook City Wraith (4).

Wow, that's a lot of potent heroes!
Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I've never bothered to keep track.... but thinking on it, I don't remeber ever having Sky-scraper incapped. Unfortuantely, I'm positive she's lost to KAagra. I don't know what it is, but everytime I face Kaagra on the app we lose, even though I had a great record against her in the tabletop version.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

I play random on digital most of the time nowadays, so none of my heroes are undefeated.