The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Sot 205 Skullcrusher Island

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Sot 205 Skullcrusher Island

Mad Bomber Blade has planted his bombs all over Insula Pirmalis and it’s up to Tempest, Freedom Five Absolute Zero, Ra and Prime Wardens Haka to stop him.

Good luck, heroes.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

bolnerap

Mint at 5 / 0 / 9 / 18. Sold out for damage with the exception of a turn 2 Shielding Winds, and got Blade to flip after only two rounds. When he flipped, I used Into the Stratosphere to help reduce our incoming damage in multiple respects, Reclaim From the Deep to get back some high damage stuff, and Ground Pound because it was Ground Pound. Blade's flip side never had a chance to get rolling.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Mint at 0/0/0/9. I let the volcano hammer everyone until Tempest died and made us all imune to fire

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Ah yes, the classic "kill Tempest" strategy. Why didn't I think of that?

I'm just mortified I had a fun and easy time against the Chairman last week, but got torn apart by Baron Blade this week.

Melkhor

Ra got Flesh of the Sun God in turn 2. Not much of a fight left after that :)

bolnerap

...never saw that, it certainly would have made the game a cakewalk. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Did you not play Summon Staff round one? That might explain why we never saw it...

wite_c83
wite_c83's picture

Yep. Don't play Summon Staff until round 2. Flesh of the Sun God is Ra's first draw. Also, don't make the mistake this newbie did and try to use Absolute Zero's power after all heros are immune to fire. :S

New player, please help.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Mint with Tempest and Absolute Zero down.

Once I had Flesh of the Sun God out, I thought I'd draw the first side out to get a good setup by outracing the Baron's card destruction. But the environment and the non-fire damage (stupid Backlash Field) from the Baron took Tempest and Absolute Zero out. But then the game was pretty much locked. Tempest's incap power brought Ground Pound back into Haka's hand every turn (he had both copies available) and Absolute Zero's incap power destroyed any environment cards out so Haka's Domain would allow for lots of card drawing power every turn to fuel the Ground Pounds. With the environment and Baron Blade rendered helpless at that point, Ra blasted the Baron who could only stand there and watch the massive fireballs coming his way.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Super easy Mint with everyone at least mid teens. 

Entirely because of Flesh of the Sun God. I don't know what I did to get it differently from everyone else, but I played it round 2 and did almost nothing else with Ra for the rest of the game. I let the volcano do most of the work, and BB didn't last long. He did play 2 separate chains of Hasten Doom before and after he flipped, but that was the worst it got. 

~Komori 

Blackfang108
Playtester

Easy mint with Zero down, everyone else above 10.

I used flipped zero to control the environment, then used the "increase damage to and by targets" and activated Ground Pound twice in a row, handily burning down Blade.

Also: I got that reference, Handleabra.