The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #73 - Big Game

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Weekly One-Shot #73 - Big Game

Advanced Iron Legacy versus Chrono Ranger, Rogue Agent KNYFE, Parse, and PW Fanatic at the Final Wasteland.  Good luck!

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bolnerap

Quick and easy Mint here. Take a cue from the Handelabrats and read your opening hands carefully before committing to anything.

In my game, Chrono-Ranger did 19 damage on his final turn to finish Iron Legacy. And I was all set up to use Divine Focus to deal with the flip side Advanced text, too! I think I see a path where Chrono-Ranger can take IL from full to dead in one turn, I'll have to go back in and play around with that.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Mint, baby! Parse and Fanatic died, but not without bringing Legacy to the single digits. Chrono and KNYFE picked up the slack, finishing him off with 2 and 6 hp, respectively.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

bolnerap

Tried again, and yep - it's possible to take IL from full to dead just in CR's third play phase. That was fun to watch unfold.

bolnerap

bolnerap wrote:

Tried again, and yep - it's possible to take IL from full to dead just in CR's third play phase. That was fun to watch unfold.

Excuse me, fourth - I miscounted.

Powerhound_2000

You can beat this on Parse's second turn.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

LewdDolphin21
LewdDolphin21's picture
Playtester

You can beat this on KNYFE's second turn. wink

Powerhound_2000

I don't doubt it.  

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I like to try and guess the One-shots from the titles (which I see on the forums, but don't read about, before I go to the game).  For this one, I guessed Ambuscade vs. Hunted Naturalist, Haka, and Legacy.  As you can see, I got it exactly right!  :P

Anyways, mint.  First round mostly turtled until End of Days.  Then I started setting up Chrono-Ranger.  KNYFE was kind enough to pull a Hunter and Hunted from the botton of CR's deck, and on the third round CR kept both Eyes on the Prize, and then a Sudden Contract upped his damage to 6 per shot, and Iron Legacy went down for the count.  No deaths, never saw his backside.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Yoshi348

Mint.

Challenge Iron Legacy, specifically his backside, is one of those challenge modes that make me go "why would I ever want to put myself through that", though I guess there isn't really anything else you can do with the difficulty 4 villians. Of course, the one shot is pretty much set up as the perfect heroes and hands for such a scenario, so it wasn't bad at all. I'm just glad Legacy starts off with a discard because I probably would have forgotten to check for End of Days and not remembering that would have ruined everything.

Funnily enough I never used KNYFE's base power. Parse died fairly quickly, Fanatic had 1 HP and was slated for death from the New Jersey Devil that also killed Legacy, while the other two had comfortable high single digit HP. (That's what qualifies as "high health" in an Iron Legacy fight.)

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I think you mean Advanced Iron Legacy, not Challenge

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I think I went three rounds? It probably comes from lots of IL games and knowing how to get around his advanced rules: don't let him flip.

But yeah, even not considering what was in their hands, I had no problems. One round spent drawing cards so Fanatic could wipe Paul's stuff, one round of By Any Means to soften him up, down to 21, and then one round of merciless shooty murder that overkilled him by 3 on Fanatic's turn. I mean, she coulda done it herself, but Chrono-Ranger did get the +1 from Critical Multiplier...

Reverend Pete

Mint.

This one's all about Chrono-Ranger.

I did let Iron Legacy flip--and it wasn't so bad, because the heroes (particularly Chrono-Ranger) have multiple instances of damage per round, and lots of damage boosts. Everyone else let Chrono-Ranger play cards and use powers....Paul didn't last too long.

Parse ended at 7HP, Fanatic at 13HP, and Chrono-Ranger and KNYFE had 14HP.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Surpringly easy Mint. I had an atrocious start. Used the wrong abilities twice, and lost a bounty because I played to quickly. But an End of Days helped out, and I just made quick use of the Cowboy and ex-agent.

not as scary as I thought

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

Near Mint, because I let IL flip the first time and didn't get enough recurring damage going. Second time, Chrono-Ranger brought him from ~25 HP to dead (each "1 projectile damage" having been jumped to something like 5-6 due to the bounties and a KNYFE-d Hunter and Hunted).

Actually, I say I let IL flip first game, but the biggest thing I did wrong first game wasn't simply that, it was not End of Days-ing IL's entire starting suite. I had an idea to use Critical Multiplier/Segfault to deal with Ongoings, but it didn't quite pan out. Plus, with Fanatic as the last hero, and CR and Parse getting "you can't deal damage" effects first tutn, it's just a matter of taking an early breather while you wait for the wave of destruction.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Relatively easy mint, even with a flip.

Lost Parse on the last Environment round.  Paul didn't last past the beginning of KNYFE's turn, when she Prime Punched an Amphibious Chupacabra with "The Whole Gang" while Paul was at 3 HP. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Mint, even though I was careless and let Legacy flip (somehow I thought the flip theshhold was lower).  But still, the multiple instances of damage punched through.  Parse would have gone down, but was saved by Con's Bunker to end at 1 HP.  Finished him off by killing a Chupacabra with The Whole Gang on it.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Melkhor

Nice and easy Mint in what must've been Chrono Ranger's finest hour, dropping Iron Paul on his third turn with dual Eyes on the Prize, a Sudden Contract and a standard power use. Easiest Iron Legacy fight I've ever been in, I think :)

robb8888

Mint.  End of Days was the key; without his opening salvo of multiple nasty Ongoings, even Advanced Iron Legacy isn't that hard to deal with.  I mostly concentrated on using Fanatic and KNYFE's powers (and a Syntactic Analysis from Parse) to get multiple draws/plays from CR's deck.  Once Ultimate Target and By Any Means were on Legacy, and the Compounded Bow came out, it was over.  KNYFE finished him off on her third turn with a Servo-Gauntlet punch.   Heroes were at 10HP (CR), 4 (KNYFE), 2 (Parse) and 7 (Fanatic).