The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #47: The B-Team

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One-Shot #47: The B-Team

Surprised no one's set this up yet. I guess there must be something else going on in the States today.

Freedom 6 (Golem) Unity, GI Bunker, Santa Guise, Scholar of the Infinite and Freedom 6 Tempest vs Plague Rat in the Final Wasteland.

Yeah, it's gonna hurt.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Plague Rat is always a fun game.   Most often you are winning by the skin of your teeth especially on advanced.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

On advanced, yeah.  Here, not so much.  Santa Guise works amazingly well with F6 Tempest and any Unity, and so does any Tempest with Scholar.  Easy environment, too.  Piece of cake mint.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

I'd say Santa Guise works well with any version of Unity not just F6 Unity.   With F6 Tempest it just makes his base power more usable from the get go if he is after Santa Guise which is nice.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000

In this one I got Unity setup to take major bites out of Plague Rat with Raptor Bots doing well over 50 damage and possibly more if I let it go another round.  

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I'd say Santa Guise works well with any version of Unity not just F6 Unity.   With F6 Tempest it just makes his base power more usable from the get go if he is after Santa Guise which is nice.   

Oh wow, I never thought of that. Neat.

So is this like Tempest exchanging his Christmas gift at the store?

Powerhound_2000

He is returning them before even opening them and if he chose to do so he can "reclaim from the deep" anything he accidentally threw away. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

It's pretty funny when you think of it that way.  He takes it back to the store unopened.  "Oh, a gift from Guise... well, guess I'm making a trip."

I did the Raptor-Bot thing, too.  Not quite to that extent because Plague Rat didn't have that much left in him, but I was building up a pretty impressive swarm.

Only problem with this team was that I Can Do That Too wasn't terribly helpful.  I just had Guise play it on himself.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I got Mint without any incap!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Reverend Pete

Mint.

Not too rough--each hero left with about 10HP.

Santa Guise got Unity set up with an army of Bots, Scholar dealt multiple instances of Locus-boosted damage every time Tempest used Cleansing Downpour, and Bunker received his participation ribbon for showing up, as usual.

mightyschoop

Mint, everyone over 10 hp except scholar.

Tempest sent his first oft back anddrew Cleansing Downpour. from that point on, he was on healing duty.

used the first Keep Moving I saw to get mortal form to Energy to get some heal zapping going. 

Unity got a Scrap Metal for Gift-mas, allowing a free play of Swift Bot. Cro bot got some shots in, and some raptors and platforms made an appearance. 

finished off Ratso with the Know When to Cut loose/ Channel combo. (Hence Scholar's end-game hp total being on the low side)

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Mint, but barely.  Scholar was the only hero left alive.  But it turns out that the "Deal 3 to heal 3" power that Infected heroes get is pretty great for Scholar.  Plague Rat isn't a particularly good matchup for tanks, but if you have to be down to one hero with no end in sight, Scholar's your man!

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Mint with all heroes around 10 HP. A sentinels first for me: 2 copies of scrap metal in play at once.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Mint, but it was pretty rough for me. I don't remember much of the fight, tbh, but everyone was in single digits. It was pretty fun.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Mint, but barely.  Scholar was the only hero left alive.  But it turns out that the "Deal 3 to heal 3" power that Infected heroes get is pretty great for Scholar.  Plague Rat isn't a particularly good matchup for tanks, but if you have to be down to one hero with no end in sight, Scholar's your man!

I NEVER thought about this.... That's a fantastic tactic!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Also fun with Mr. Fixer and Jackhandle out -- though Mr. Fixer and Jackhandle is always great against Plague Rat.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

And don't forget that Guise loves taking damage as long as he is a Total Beefcake.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Or if he's in the middle of a Gritty Reboot.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

He likes it best when he's an EXTREME Barbarian.  But not everyone is into that.