The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #32: Elementalist

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
LewdDolphin21
LewdDolphin21's picture
Playtester
Weekly One-Shot #32: Elementalist

Akash'bhuta vs. Freedom Six Absolute Zero, Ra, Tempest, and The Scholar in Ruins of Atlantis.

Good luck! I minted it, but with several heroes really struggling--only The Scholar finished in double digits, though no hero was incapaciated.

jorgenp

Mine was a longer slog.  The Environment, Akash'Bhuta and poor choices conspired against me to the point that I lost everyone but The Scholar in the same Villain turn while Akash'Bhuta was still just under 100HP.

The incapacitated heroes were able to help out tremendously, though.  The Scholar went into tortoise mode, and slow and steady won the race.

Melkhor

Mint here, though this game really reminded me of how much I loathe Atlantis. Damn you to hell leaky room!

Absolute Zero and Tempest ate an unusual amount of hate and both went down (though at least that meant Atlantis was no longer a factor at all), but Ra and Scholar pulled through, both in double-digits and burned the house down for the win.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Akash'Bhuta is probably my favorite villain to fight, so I was very pleased to see this one. :D Minted, though it was getting hairy as heroes dropped one by one. Of course, if there's one thing the Scholar (why was he Ma-Ti?) is good at, it's ah-ah-ah-ah stayin' alive! Granted, things looked bleak once the brambles got him, but suffice to say, EWAZ is on my short list of anti-Akash fighters from now on. That one cold damage a round actually made a big difference! All it took was believing in the heart of the (environment) cards; the Kraken finished her off for me!

fabikw

Minted. AZ and Tempest died when AB was way over 100. Scholar tanked getting tons of cards while Ra couldn't do damage for 5 turns (being at 7 HP). Incap AZ blocked the environment and incap Tempest prevented most of the damage (ocasionally giving some power uses to Scholar to do some damage and get extra cards). Ra had 20 cards in hand at the end of the game.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Mint. Scholar was the last hero standing. Late game I had Scholar at a 2 damage reduction and immune to melee so I just sat back and let the environment do most of the work for me.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I let Absolute Zero get incapped pretty early and had him lock down the environment for the rest of the game. All was pretty smooth from there. Everyone else finished in double-digits.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Mint.  AZ and Tempest dropped, locking down the environment and three (three!) Entombs respectively.  Normally, I dread dealing with Entomb, but in this case they worked out in my favor - between the three of them and a rather useless Allies of the Earth, all my enemies were Drawn to the Flame, and Ra made them toasty indeed.  

Did anybody else get 2 Leaking Rooms in a row, or was I just unlucky?  I hit a third one later, too!

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Melkhor

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Mint.  AZ and Tempest dropped, locking down the environment and three (three!) Entombs respectively.  Normally, I dread dealing with Entomb, but in this case they worked out in my favor - between the three of them and a rather useless Allies of the Earth, all my enemies were Drawn to the Flame, and Ra made them toasty indeed.   Did anybody else get 2 Leaking Rooms in a row, or was I just unlucky?  I hit a third one later, too!

I got them too (all 3 of them). When those back-to-back Leaky Rooms hit I nearly threw my computer out the window!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I got Mint, and almost kept everyone alive, one of those "If the Kraken doesn't come out right now we will win with no incaps" turns, and of course, Kraken.

Stratosphering Entomb twice was huge, as was dodging Pillars of Hercules the second time.  Last round of the Game Scholar was at 21hp, AZ and Ra were in double digits.  I used a lot of health finishing the game (Ra dealing himself 5 and then 4 retaliation damage to use a power via Proverbs and Axioms dropped him to 2hp but sealed the win) but scored the Mint, only got 1 incap ability from Tempest.

hstein3
hstein3's picture

No Mint for me. This was brutal. The Pillars of Hercules came out early, and it resulted in a lot of Ongoing/Equipment destruction by AB.

The game truly ended, though, when I got four Entombs in a row; two at once, they went off, the deck was shuffled, and then two more came out on the same turn again

I might have managed if Tempest's or AZ's ongoing destruction weren't buried in their decks, but there it was. 

http://mrhalbert.blogspot.com, Wherein I talk about gaming and, um, stuff.

Reverend Pete

Mint.

Similar story to others--Scholar only hero left, and after a long slog the environment took out Akash' Bhuta. Scholar had 10 HP left.

I was kicking myself because in the first round I played a Lightning Slash....forgetting that Tempest was Ensnared by Brambles and couldn't deal damage.  Oops! I almost hit the rewind button, but braved on and it worked out.