The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #270: Double Date

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
doppelgangerung
doppelgangerung's picture
Weekly One-Shot #270: Double Date

Easy mint, with Legacy putting together a strong defense early on, and Luminary's Orbital Laser applying 26 points of irreducible damage to put Ambuscade on the ropes. A timely Unload from the Props Department allowed Expatriette to deliver the coup de grace.

gossamerica2

Heroic Luminary, Newest Legacy, DW Setback, and DW Expat vs Andvanced Ambuscade in Champion Studios with a randomized start.  With Luminary and Ambuscade both having devices, Charged Attacks can get ugly, so watch out!  Still an easy mint.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Between Luminary's ability to synergize with villain card plays and Setback gathering scads of tokens, this was a pretty easy fight. Ambuscade even brought out a shield on his last round and it was still easier to kick his butt directly than try and break through the new obstacle. :)

What really held my attention was the implication of Ivanka and Felicia? c.c Like... what? Since when?

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Quote:
What really held my attention was the implication of Ivanka and Felicia? c.c Like... what? Since when?

This is presumably a new, exciting universe. There is no Ivana Ramonat in the Sentinel Comics timeline, and to my recollection there is no Felicia Parsons in the Inversiverse, so they wouldn't have had the opportunity. 

Not much to say about this fight - Heroic Luminary is just unfair against Ambuscade. I deliberately left most of Ambuscade's devices around to charge her main Power, and she was unleashing ludicrous amounts of damage each turn. The only person who ended below 20 HP was Setback, and that was only because I let everyone punch him in the face to charge his tokens.