The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #255 - Election Day

1 post / 0 new
“Mad Dog”
Weekly One-Shot #255 - Election Day

Citizen Dawn is throwing down with the Freedom Five (Freedom Five Legacy, Freedom Five Wraith, Freedom Five Absolute Zero, Freedom Five Tachyon and Freedom Five Bunker) in Megalopolis.  What could go wrong?

Not surprisingly, this is not a hard battle for the Freedom Five.  I sorta accidentally took out all of Dawn's citizens at the end of round 1 (but the "Hypersonic Assault" card looked so *tempting*...) and Dawn flipped at the start of round 2.  Opps - not what I was planning on doing.  However, Wraith got "Infrared Eyepiece" out quickly and then manipulated Dawn's deck to speed the play of more citizens.  Dawn flipped back at the start of round 5 and her citizens all went down the same round and Dawn did not last until the end of round 6.

Might try to see if I can play this again and delay or keep Dawn from flipping.

[UPDATE: yeah, if you don't accidentally take all of the citizens off the field in round 1, it is very easy to take Dawn out without her ever flipping.  Game took about the same number of turns (*maybe* 5 rounds instead of 6?) and the heroes' hit points are a touch lower, but still a good strong win.]

For the most part, the environment wasn't too bad, which is about all you can hope for in Megalopolis.

One big SPOILER below - read at your own risk.
Dawn plays the well-named "Devastating Aurora" at the start of round 2.  I had the heroes lose a lot of good setup due to that.  But at least it took out the irritating "Paparazzi On the Scene" card the environment played on round 1.