The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #245: Insane in the Membrane

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Escher
Weekly One-Shot #245: Insane in the Membrane

Stuntman, Fugue State Parse, Prime Wardens Haka, The Scholar, and XTREME Argent Adept try to bring Challenge Mode Heroic Infinitor back to sanity in the insanity of the Time Cataclysm!

Infinitor plays almost his entire deck on the first turn. This one's gonna end quick, one way or the other! Good luck!

Spoiler-free hints:
You're only going to last a few turns with the entire manifestation squad in play and invincible, so don't even bother with trying to get your heroes set up. Prioritize deck control and defense, and try to weaken as many manifestations as you can each turn so Infinitor's "Whispers" psychic blast can slurp them all up.

(I got Mint, and while the heroes were at low HP, I didn't feel like it was really badly out of control.)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I was kind of surprised my strategy of "just flip him, forget about Manifestations" actually paid off! Mint!

About the only thing you need to do on his front side is drop a few Manifestations so he takes the rest out when he flips. But he's gonna flip, it's pretty much inevitable, so you might as well go with it. I ended with just Haka and Scholar alive, which was in fact both of their faults as Scholar played a Rampage off the top of Haka's deck and ruined half the party. :| But Scholar, as is his wont, was very alive, with three Mortal Forms dealing the final blow.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I won without flipping him but had some luck.   I'd gotten all the manifestations into negative hp and his deck only contained one shots.  I was setup to soak damage as I was resigned they would heal.  Then the Main Computer Room played on the environment turn and played the top card of his deck having him take out his manifestations. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint without flipping and everyone above 10 and most nearer 20, ended on Infinitor's 3rd turn. Strategy (and spoilers) below

I didn't find it difficult at all, and mostly just a regular Heroic Infinitor "Survive until he plays his whole deck and kills all the manifestations". First round, played Ground Pound so the mass of Manifestations did nothing (along with the surprise shopping trip, which Stuntman set on fire). At this point, he has 3 cards in his deck, all manifestations. He plays one due to Challenge, then plays another, leaving 1 in his deck. No damage due to ground pound. Second round, I knew he would play his last manifestation at the start, shuffle, and play his whole deck since it had no manifestations in it and would eventually kill them all. I sped this up by Parse playing Reveal the Flaws which I got by playing recompile and discarding all 3 other cards first round. This let Infinitor ignore his own DR on the manifestations and wipe them out in short order.

~A-Kat

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Won on Infinitor's Turn 3 without him flipping.

I used the Ground Pound trick; at the end of Infinitor's Turn 1 I knew that two new manifestations were coming out, so I did some damage and prevented the manifestations from hurting anyone. Turn 2 I got every manifestation down to 1 or less, and Turn 3 Infinitor killed every manifestation and I won. 

“Mad Dog”

So, I got "Mint" on my first play, but described this match as a "self-licking ice cream cone". So I decided to take this to the ultimate test.

I played a second game where each turn the heroes passed on playing a card and using a power, and they won (or should I say "Heroic Infinitor" won?) at the exact same spot, on Heroic Infinitor's third turn.  Now, doing it this way Argent Adept fell on Heroic Infinitor's final turn, and the other heroes were much worse off than in my first game, but it was still a win.

I'm beginning to remember why I don't care for fights against Infinitor.  Not the best match.