The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 232 Red vs Blue

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 232 Red vs Blue

Team battle. Innnnnnn the red corner, Friction, Proletariat, Hammer and Anvil, the Operative and Baron Blade!!!! And in the blue cornerrrrrrrrr, Freedom Five Tachyon, Absolute Zero, Omnitron-X, the Idealist and the Scholar!!!! The chosen battleground for this epic clash of colour-coordinated mayhem is Silver Gulch!!!!

Good luck, heroes.

Correction: The initial announcement of the bout referred to Citizen Hammer as Citizen Anvil and vice versa. The announcer has beeen appropriately appraised of his error and will certainly not do it again once he is safely removed from the burns unit.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Honestly I mostly appreciate that when I saw the title in a post on Reddit, I was like "...is this one-shot referencing what I think it is" and then I opened the game and saw the story blurb and was like "Yep, it is."

Currently debating if AZ is Church or Agent Washington.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This one is brutal. D: I can't figure out any useful strategies whatsoever.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Near Mint after a close first game. Scholar's Flesh to Irons got blown up by Friction and Blade and he eventually fell. Second game won with just Scholar up at about 20. Fun note, finished the game by destroying Blade with AZ's incap ability.

TakeWalker wrote:
This one is brutal. D: I can't figure out any useful strategies whatsoever.

This is what worked for me. Focus ALL damage on the Impulsion Beam. That includes playing AZ's Isothermic and dealing himself fire damage that first round. If everything goes right, Tachyon can destroy it the start of the second round and the extra card plays/powers help. From there, focus on keeping Scholar up. Everything should go to helping him. Everyone else takes too much damage too quickly to keep them up. Once Scholar has 2 FtI though, he almost can't be damaged and can tank from there. Beyond that, taking down Friction with Tachyon quickly was good too as Friction can destroy ongoings at a bad time with Blinding Surge. That and the nemesis bonus + Blitz takes her down fast.

~A-Kat

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Surprisingly, my third attempt and eventual success saw me taking down Highbrow before the Impulsion Beam. Everyone suffers a little bit, but it doesn't take much longer to drop that afterward. The only other thing I can remember doing differently was Timeshifting a Fleet of Foot from Tachyon at a time when it helped the Scholar keep cards in hand. Everything else just seemed to fall into place, and though I lost Tachyon and AZ, Idealist stayed up the whole game.

Griff's Dad

Ouch.

Talk about a bad deck set up. Tachyon with her Hypersonic Assaults buried deep in the deck. Omnitron-X without a way to get plating out for the first several rounds. The Impulsion Beam slows Idealist, Absolute Zero, and The Scholar in their set up. Baron Blade's first four cards include both darts cards and a Vengeful Assault. The first environment card does AOE. Hammer and Anvil start with Wildfire, then cycle quickly to Cover Fire, and then to Bastion (god I hate that card).

I ended up with a Fine. The first two times, I used Omnitron-X's native ability to go digging in his own deck for plating and Tachyon's for the Hypersonic Assaults. Didn't work. The time I won, he used his ability on The Scholar, which turned up some nice cards. In the end, the Idealist and Absolute Zero were both down, and Tachyon and Omnitron-X were at 4, while The Scholar was at 19. I probably would've lost Tachyon and Omnitron but I finally got to the Hypersonic Assaults which kept them alive.

flamethrower49
Playtester

Mint at 0/0/0/0/19. I made plenty of mistakes. I was too gun-shy and should have deployed Lightspeed Barrage and Singularity before I lost all non-Scholar heroes. I also should have made some concrete decisions about who to take out, rather than leaving them all active until that point. Fortunately, Scholar allows for a lot of leniency. Blinding Surge was scary, but these villains couldn't field enough damage before the defenses were redeployed.

Impulsion Beam is often public enemy #1, and it's the case here too. Kill order was something like Anvil, Proletariat, Blade, Friction, Anvil again, Hammer, Operative. A lot of the damage was self-inflicted or environmental.

gossamerica2

Since this reappeared, I finally gave it a go -- rough game.  I lost the first time due to some stupid mistakes, but then beat it a couple of times (barely) with different strategies.  One of them went on long enuogh that Bastion came back AGAIN and resurrected Anvil a second time.  Some things I need to think more about:

Proper kill order:
* Get Anvil down quickly to deal with Bastion.
* Getting Friction down quickly is good because she's a pain, but her incap is annoying, too.
* In hindsight, I should have taken Proletariat down much sooner, because he can do some big damage.

Which plating card is best for Omni-X?  Probably depends somewhat on kill order.